Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank

Go down 
+5
ggorrell77
sGabe4
UkyoSonoda
Roanmarvel
the1lyden
9 posters
AuthorMessage
the1lyden

the1lyden

Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank Empty
PostSubject: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 11:46 am

Hello,

I am trying to decide on a pretty solid 6* tank.

I have been mainly looking at:
Reinhard - B/30/Slow (i can get for 10-15 te)
Senti - C/25/IW (i can get for 15-17 te)

Anyone else have thoughts or suggestions? i have a budget of about 20 for this role.

I appreciate your input.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 12:58 pm

Senti doesn't sit in the frontline, so I wouldn't go for her.

Reinhard is probably the one to go for when it comes to cost / effectiveness.

Some other cheap, tanky, b-speed melee though would be Paris or Alvida, but as last GW I used 0 6* units, I'm not really an expert and kinda going off this: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t10440-arena-unit-hp-list
Back to top Go down
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆
UkyoSonoda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:26 pm

Cheap tanks.

Reinhard
Gideon
Eury
Paris
Alvida
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 12, 2014 2:34 pm

Thanks Guys!
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:13 pm

Update,

i am considering waiting a bit until prices drop a bit more and/or i have more te/pots to spend... i would like to add Reimund and Benedicta to the mix.... they are both at about 40 te right now....

which would you consider better, or more worth the cost?

or am i overlooking a card that is way better?
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 1:54 pm

I'd say Benedicta
but I'm biased cause she's my first ever rank reward 6* Very Happy
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:08 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
I'd say Benedicta

I have to admit that She is Also a dream card for me... and i love her quad hit.... but if most people think reimund is a better tank, then i would have to reconsider....
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:20 pm

I suppose Bajardo is another option... i have just never been a fan of his art...
but he has similar HP to Bene...  stronger hit... Iron Wall.... and i could get him for like 30-35 te....
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 2:36 pm

If you're going for iron wall users: then Bajardo, Baldomero and Askana are all standard pulls. They cost quite a bit because people love iron wall, but being standard pulls their value should drop to your range (especially if you're looking at 30-40 TE as a budget).
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:04 pm

I got a mlbAksana for 40 te a couple of days ago, so she is in the same price range. There are two types of tanks. Those with a lot of health (Reinhard, Gideon, Paris, etc.), and those with Iron Wall (Bajardo, Aksana, etc.). Both are effective depending on what you are trying to tank. Personally for guild wars I want to try a combination, a stong hit point character, backed up by an Iron wall.

Unfortunately because of range Aksana (110 range) may show up in front of my Reinhard (130 range). We will see next guild wars.
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 3:51 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:
I got a mlbAksana for 40 te a couple of days ago, so she is in the same price range. There are two types of tanks. Those with a lot of health (Reinhard, Gideon, Paris, etc.), and those with Iron Wall (Bajardo, Aksana, etc.). Both are effective depending on what you are trying to tank. Personally for guild wars I want to try a combination, a stong hit point character, backed up by an Iron wall.

Unfortunately because of range Aksana (110 range) may show up in front of my Reinhard (130 range). We will see next guild wars.

I love Eury personally, 888k hp and a huge range. Yet still is on the front line for some reason. =P
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 4:08 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:

I once faced a player during guild wars
his defense was 4 Gideons.....
nightmare
Back to top Go down
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆
UkyoSonoda

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 5:59 pm

Just FYI. The only IW unit I consider a tank is Baldomero. The others have such a low HP pool that it seems to require a high number of IW procs just to equal one of the HP sponge tanks. Also some of the arena skills seem to bypass iron wall. I've yet to see IW proc vs crit shot or incinerate and both of these skills are popular for GW.

Tanking with Benedicta or any quadra attack unit in GW is risky as they implode when their quad attack procs if they are poisoned. Also now we have Incinerate and a unit can be incinerated and poisoned at the same time.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 6:53 pm

UkyoSonoda wrote:
Just FYI. The only IW unit I consider a tank is Baldomero. The others have such a low HP pool that it seems to require a high number of IW procs just to equal one of the HP sponge tanks. Also some of the arena skills seem to bypass iron wall. I've yet to see IW proc vs crit shot or incinerate and both of these skills are popular for GW.

Tanking with Benedicta or any quadra attack unit in GW is risky as they implode when their quad attack procs if they are poisoned. Also now we have Incinerate and a unit can be incinerated and poisoned at the same time.

This. Been saying this for quite a while already. Any IW unit except for Baldo is basically a normal unit without skill, because their IW is comprised by their low HP. At least some of them have a very high ATK is to make up for that again. Only acceptable in DEF position imho.

Gideon in ATK position however is awesome. His Slow skill effectively neutralizes enemys attack AND provides more attacks for their own team.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 14, 2014 7:46 pm

Wait a minute, does slow just happen like poison? I thought it was a proc-effect.
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 2:40 am

anything with dc 30 = meaty.

you will found even Purifica 5* (dc 30) has even better hp than most dc 20 6* too lol

before GA3 (or maybe 4, i cant remember), poison damage was trigger on every hit target attack. for normal unit, it hurt target after end of its turn due to deliver only 1 hit per attack. this is very deadly on multi hit unit, quad hit unit will suffer 4 poison damage after trigger quad hit.

in GA4, poison damage will trigger on every move the poisoned target made. so, it only suffer 1 poison damage. so, a fast unit like Charles will kill himself faster due to high speed and trigger poison.

compare to poison, incinerate will hurt target on every turn past on the ATB. it is more effective on killing the meat shield.
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:14 pm

sGabe4 wrote:
I'd say Benedicta
she always stood at the front of the field and cannot withstand a few hit while facing full 6* guild...
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 12:56 pm

Slow is a proc effect and is not similar to Poison. But once Slow procs, I believe its 1-time effect is permanent. What I meant is that Slow (and also Knockback btw) reduces the number of enemy attacks by making the enemy, well, slower. In general, the more attacks of the total 30 you can land (by having high speed units, Slow, Knockback, Speed Order and the like), the better an attack (or defense) is.
Back to top Go down
the1lyden

the1lyden

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 7:51 am

UkyoSonoda wrote:

I agree, and that is a a card i want, but right now he is sitting at about 80 TE... i just picked up a lvl 80 Reinhard for 7 TE... hard to argue with that for a short term solution!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank   Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Trying to decide on a Good and Cheap 6* Tank
Page 1 of 1