Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add

Go down 
+3
BkWiz
xbLux
Kanata67
7 posters
AuthorMessage
Kanata67
☆☆

GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add Empty
PostSubject: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:49 pm

I understand this is supposed to be a competitive game but silliness has been reached. I joined just b4 the 1st gw so my intro was kinda rough. By the 3rd gw I was ready with a team of MLB leb and a wall that couldn't be beat.... Except by Fing cannon. Gone were chances for a solo to earn the 6* which had been possible up till then by being real careful to keep your rank and bt low. So anyways I shall now share some ideas that "might" have won a 6* this time now, primarily because GW has gotten suckier and the 6* win reward is comparable to grace which fanta gave away free.

So first off, thank u fanta for giving all the competitive burners a crap card for their efforts:) fanta sucks slightly less in my mind at the moment:).

Spenders win, either bend over and take it or....
EAT ME mode. Many have probably encountered it by now but I'd like to think I can take credit for being 1st lol. Your opponents r hitting ur base for 40-60 thousand a hit and "spending" to get enough individual bt to get the bt 6*. If u have only one unit set to defend it dies pretty dang quick BUT your opponent gets 20-25k bt instead. As soon as your one dies put another 1 set to defense. That's 10 attacks you "EAT" b4 u need to heal where your opponents only got half the bt they might of. U don't win using this strategy BUT you make life miserable for those fighting you which is a nice if slightly perverse pleasure. Possibly if u are not to outmatched and more guild members show up late this can get you a win. Figure every time you cycle through your ten units you cost them about 250k bt, and by then have enough ap to heal and repeat process. Each member can cost a ranking and spending team near 2mill in lost bt each without burning. I have found spite a great bonding motivator for guilds:) knowing u cost numerous teams the crap 6* gives a warm fuzzy feeling inside. Making a top ten team drop rank is even better:)

Switching lines can be very usefull. Max unit points handicap many players. Got 20 6* but can only deploy 6? Ha ha. 10 dc filler units are essential as an empty slot is worse than a level 1 2* as at least u can use the low level for EAT ME purposes. So say I have a front line of 5 costing me 150, then I need a back line of 10 dc units to have a full team. Claire hero with arena skill is a good choice but I prefer multiple furfur myself lol. Anyways, if the guild we face is lower I can move my front line to all defense and simply eat their attack force. Worked great till the cannon killed team lev when none of the other guild did more than bounce:(.
Anyways, you have the ability to switch your lines quickly so you can attack till you run out of ap with your a team and then set them to defense, if not using "EAT ME", to absorb any counter attacks. Nothing shakes a spending guild into more spending than an "eat me" guild that suddenly goes on the offensive after letting Ap get to max:) I've witnessed one opponent use over 60 pots/tonics in one match lol. And he lost!!! We did EAT ME and a charge so while he hit food we hit his base for 40k+ over and over again. We spent, but only ten pots/elixirs as a guild and they sooooo deserved it.

Sticking it to the spenders... It's possible I'm jealous or perhaps if they spend enough fanta will give us more free stuff to keep them spending:)
As a guild of 1 in it for just the tickets twice I would generally attack once to get MVP and go back to real life. Occasionally I'd encounter a guild that deserved to suffer so see above. yes, I burned with no chance of winning just so my free pots cost them real ones and made them drop rank. It made me feel warm and tingly inside:)

On the end side, 60 premium tickets cashed in during 10x hyper (which I know no longer effects but is still a habit) I got 24 4* and lesser crap:( . The time b4 58 got me 27 4* and lesser crap. Premium tickets are pretty much crap from my experience. That said my 1st 6* was from a free 4*+ ticked with 10x hyper bonus before they introduced hyper packs, hence the habit.

Any other input would be appreciated, and remember... A guild of 1 is always MVP+ sleep:)
5 battles a day fanta!!! Really!?!?
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add Empty
PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 3:52 pm

Oh yeah, despite premium tickets sucking for the most part, if 1 million players made solo guilds over 100,000 new 6*s would be introduced to the game for win bonuses as solos fought solos to the death:) and fanta would have to improve its servers I'm sure lol:)
Back to top Go down
Kanata67
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 4:43 pm

And fanta goes down yet again. Maybe they fix the "so sorry but you get no pts for last guild battle" problem:( or maybe they got firebombed:)
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 13, 2013 7:43 pm

Getting 23 wins isn't that hard and doesn't require spending. My guild members used at most 30-40 pot(p), saved from previous events, each along with the free tonics for the last GW.

It just takes good team coordination, resource management, knowing when to give up on a fight, and a little bit of luck.

I smile when I see mediocre teams burn on day 1 and day 2. I know those teams will be wasting money or will fall short of 23 wins from terrible resource management.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 18, 2013 8:45 pm

I stopped reading the gigantic post after I read the part stating that keeping your gp low and your rank low will lead you to winning the 6*...
Back to top Go down
funerealspark

funerealspark

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 6:00 am

Kanata67 wrote:

On the end side, 60 premium tickets cashed in during 10x hyper (which I know no longer effects but is still a habit) I got 24 4* and lesser crap:( . The time b4 58 got me 27 4* and lesser crap. Premium tickets are pretty much crap from my experience. That said my 1st 6* was from a free 4*+ ticked with 10x hyper bonus before they introduced hyper packs, hence the habit.

So 24 4* and lesser crap. The other 36 are 5* and 6*?
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:12 am

Kanata67 wrote:
By the 3rd gw I was ready with a team of MLB leb and a wall that couldn't be beat....

Hyperbole. It is extremely unlikely that your "wall" couldn't be beat. It's possible that your lineup was very effective and posed a significant challenge to the majority of sub-optimal teams/players, but there is no such thing as an unbeatable wall. The very suggestion of it is likely to bring up countless challengers to prove you wrong in practice.

Kanata67 wrote:
Gone were chances for a solo to earn the 6* which had been possible up till then by being real careful to keep your rank and bt low.

This was never a realistic possibility. This was a myth. Anyone that succeeded had EXTREMELY favorable matchups and/or 23 lazy/sleeping/unprepared opponents. The myth that low GP and low rank would somehow allow you to squeak your way into 23 wins was laughable. Team after team preaching it and failing miserably. Many a rage-quit occurred due to that rumor. Get 9 players, have some pots/tonics to spend, show up for each battle, communicate with the team, try to have the best possible units available to you maxed out, and stay around until the end of the battle. That's how you win. GP is for rewards and rank - nothing more. Matchups are not based on rank.

Kanata67 wrote:
So first off, thank u fanta for giving all the competitive burners a crap card for their efforts:) fanta sucks slightly less in my mind at the moment:).

Being bitter and trying to find solace in a non-issue isn't going to help you win battles. Skuld is actually comparable to Muriel, and she also goes to SPD C set as lead. Great card? Not really. Useful card? Somewhat. Am I bitter that I won her? Nope. I'm pleased.

Kanata67 wrote:
EAT ME mode....U don't win using this strategy BUT you make life miserable for those fighting you which is a nice if slightly perverse pleasure.

This is a very bad an ineffective tactic. If you weren't going to attempt to grind out the fight anyway, you're only wasting your resources and cutting my GP gain by 50%. If I'm spending, you're only hurting yourself. I have already dedicated more resources to the fight than you. I am going to be spamming tonics and pots non-stop from start to finish. You can put up a fight and take a few of my units with you or you can make it easy for me and run 1-2 unit defenses that I'll just cut through anyway. I'll never have to heal my units and you're doing nothing BUT healing yours. That's a great plan. For me.

You don't bother me. You're actually reducing the number of things I have to monitor. Using your approach, I just hit Attack and use tonics/pots for AP regen. You have to constantly swap over your one-man units and heal. Bottom line? I'm not really paying any attention to you. I'm just attacking. If you're not putting forth any effort, then I'm paying even less attention.

Kanata67 wrote:
Making a top ten team drop rank is even better:)

This literally never happened. This is wishful fantasy because you're bitter. Top TWENTY teams earn FAR more GP per battle than you're thinking. Knocking 2 million off of that is a pittance. Top 50 teams cost each other more GP than that during a full-burn fight against each other.

Kanata67 wrote:
I've witnessed one opponent use over 60 pots/tonics in one match lol. And he lost!!! We did EAT ME and a charge so while he hit food we hit his base for 40k+ over and over again. We spent, but only ten pots/elixirs as a guild and they sooooo deserved it.

Then you were facing a moron. What's worse, you're entire team could have been attacking for more GP. And the real kicker, Let's talk about the 5 x 30DC line and the back line of crap. I see exactly why you're losing - your team is trash and you don't know what you're doing. If you did some research and pulled together a decent team, you'd probably do better. With all of the diversity in units, skills, and DC, the only unit lower than 5* on your roster should be an event unit and that unit had better be MLB. Even top 50 teams don't bother with a 150DC primary line. And if they do, expect 5 x Charles for the rest.

Kanata67 wrote:
We spent, but only ten pots/elixirs as a guild and they sooooo deserved it.

I guess you showed them. If your opponent is as weak as you, then this could be a viable strategy. But at that point, a better lineup and more careful selection of which battles to fight and which battles to save pots/tonic for would be better. Ask any successful, high ranking guild about this - there's a reason no one in a successful guild does this. It's dumb and it's a waste. You could have collectively used those 10 p/t to win a close battle. Instead, you opted to troll unsuccessfully. This is a bad plan.

Kanata67 wrote:
Sticking it to the spenders... It's possible I'm jealous or perhaps if they spend enough fanta will give us more free stuff to keep them spending:)
As a guild of 1 in it for just the tickets twice I would generally attack once to get MVP and go back to real life. Occasionally I'd encounter a guild that deserved to suffer so see above. yes, I burned with no chance of winning just so my free pots cost them real ones and made them drop rank. It made me feel warm and tingly inside:)

The only people you caused to drop in rank were people who's rank was irrelevant anyway. You likely faced a guild of sock-puppets. I ran my main with my top 20 guild (top 15 last time) and I ran THREE sock puppets in their own guild. Here you are trolling to attempt to cause a drop in rank and my only concern is dream crushing. You want that 23W? Not on my (our) watch. All of my pots and tonics came from the event, daily logins, and hero points. My goal? Just something to do. And here you are trying to troll or cause me to drop rank. Gee, you showed me. And if you had just used your "unbeatable wall" to attack, you'd have won.

Think about that.

Kanata67 wrote:
Any other input would be appreciated, and remember... A guild of 1 is always MVP+ sleep:)

Right. What about the part above where you suggested that there was more than just you? Or was that fantasy?

Look, your entire post is a fabrication of fantasy because you're bitter that you didn't perform as well as you would have liked. I get that. It's really heartbreaking and it's happened to me twice. Then I assembled a team that could actually compete and I found my way into a guild that actually knows how to play, know strategy, and works together for victory. You don't HAVE to be a spender to get to 23 wins. You must be a heavy spender to get to 29, and your entire guild must be on the same page and level of financial commitment.

And you never once mentioned cannons. Cannons are a far better use of AP than the "troll defense" as it is widely known (since GB2 at least.) Cannons get you exp (if you're below player level 100,) net you valuable 2* feeders in abundance, and earn you 50K GP typically with a chance at 150k or >1K. The troll defense earns you exactly 0 GP. The end result? They're gaining GP no matter what while you stand there and take it. There are GP rewards of value prior to the 60 million GP 6*. By the sound of your lineup, you could have used many of those GP reward 5*'s.

Please stop advocating bad strategy and using fabricated stories to justify your fantasy. It doesn't help other players to succeed and it makes you look bitter and foolish.

If you'd like actual advice instead of a condescending reply, let me know. But I don't tolerate misinformation.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:20 am

Kanata67 wrote:
Oh yeah, despite premium tickets sucking for the most part, if 1 million players made solo guilds over 100,000 new 6*s would be introduced to the game for win bonuses as solos fought solos to the death:) and fanta would have to improve its servers I'm sure lol:)

lol...wut?

That's a Colosseum event.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 11:21 am

Kanata67 wrote:
And fanta goes down yet again. Maybe they fix the "so sorry but you get no pts for last guild battle" problem:( or maybe they got firebombed:)

Or maybe it was scheduled maintenance after the completion of the event. Those times are listed in the event rules.
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:16 pm

23W in the bag for GA4 without using a single pot nor spending a dime on tonics.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 1:35 pm

xbLux wrote:
23W in the bag for GA4 without using a single pot nor spending a dime on tonics.

same, and i'd be surprised if my guild used more than 10 pots... combined.

edit: just gona add we got rank 503, with 23 wins and maybe 5 battles went over 1 mil gp. so you guys can gaze into your crystal ball all about the way match making is made and theorize all you want but im a believer in rank matching... and iirc ranks werent introduced when all that work went into match making theory and fanta is known to change things like this a lot.... just look at the way event units use to workin in training events.

Last edited by Ghost_Star on Thu Dec 19, 2013 2:51 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 19, 2013 2:14 pm

xbLux wrote:

Which guild were you? I'm pretty sure we fought you and I'm calling shenanigans if you're who I think you were.

Edit - I can't be bothered to read your signature, apparently. I'm an idiot. And no, we didn't face you. Carry on.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 5:08 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
xbLux wrote:

same, and i'd be surprised if my guild used more than 10 pots... combined.

edit: just gona add we got rank 503, with 23 wins and maybe 5 battles went over 1 mil gp. so you guys can gaze into your crystal ball all about the way match making is made and theorize all you want but im a believer in rank matching... and iirc ranks werent introduced when all that work went into match making theory and fanta is known to change things like this a lot.... just look at the way event units use to workin in training events.

Really?

Ranks were set up at the very first guild wars. They were there for pure visual though at the time.

Fantasica hasn't changed the match up system as of yet.

And the match making theory has been proven right for 4 guild wars now. Unless they change the formula next guild wars, the same thing will happen for any subsequent guild wars.

And FYI, the posts stating they did 23 wins, didn't really bother to post whether they were single people guilds or multiple people guilds. Considering that both posters referred to 'others' I'm assuming they were full or near full guilds with perfect or above average attendance.

Assuming those two, as stated by others in the past...it's entirely possible to get the 6* without spending anything.

Just don't expect to get it as a solo person guild without spending quite a bit or being 'very' lucky with the match up system (23 wins = unlikely you will be that lucky, try flipping a coin 35 times and get 23 heads...)
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 10:51 am

<--- Believer that wins only determine matchmaking.

Otherwise, battles wouldn't be so lopsided one way or the other.
Back to top Go down
toonreaper666
☆☆
toonreaper666

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 22, 2013 1:09 pm

a friend of mines guild faced a top 8 team when they only had 16 wins with top 8 having 20+ so idk how balanced this match making is anymore
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add   GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GW strategies and sticking it 2 fanta and spenders at the same time:) please add
Page 1 of 1