Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

What's a good competitive team?

Go down 
+2
furiousjeff
Xcurior
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Xcurior

What's a good competitive team? Empty
PostSubject: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 19, 2013 9:01 pm

I currently have Hero Aragon as my only 6*. I'm looking to make a good competitive team of 6's -- I mean, the whole point of the game is to compete and beat other players/win rewards/events, right? What kind of team would I need for that? I'm not talking about buying boxes for event items/cards, or buying TEs/Pots, which obviously may be necessary to score a very good ranking... Just talking about a pure team here.

I've been looking at phileas, aksana, charles, chevalier, alt... Do you want a team of mixed attack types? Or is an ideal team lacking a mage and full of mostly melee? Do you want all the skills(slow, poison, kb, etc?), or are a select few more ideal? It seems mages are incredibly cheap -- so I presume they are less useful.

I hear in GW/Arena that speed is very essential, and arena skills can be as well...

I doubt I'd be able to get all those above cards right away, but perhaps as a goal I could work towards them; I could always aim for cheaper alternatives first and work my way up. Some of the 7*'s look really nice too, maybe one day.... haha

Back to top Go down
furiousjeff
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 12:55 am

Training events will typically feature bosses with a weak resistance to a certain category, so imo it's good to have atleast 1 6* in each of the main categories (Melee, Magic, Missile).

For a competitive Colo team, imo you'll want nothing slower than a C speed unit and you'll also want units that have a Slow. The best thing you can do in a Colo event is have fast units to make sure the opposition never has a chance to attack. 6* for the most part generally have a deploy cost at 25-30, so at best you'll be able to fit in 2 6* and then mix them with high speed slow units with a low deploy cost (10-20).

*Never a good idea to roll an arena team without utilizing all team spots. Always use 5.*

Regarding mixed attack types, it doesn't really matter, though for the most part melee units are the fastest, and mages are the slowest.
Regarding Skills. IMO Slow > KB > Poison.

A decent example team.
*DC meaning Deploy Cost*

Reinhard B Slow 30DC -- Usually priced around 30-40TE
Zande B Slow 20DC (A-speed when leadered)
Edwin B Slow 15DC
Nanael B KB 10DC (if you're using more than one 30DC 6* chances are you'll need a few 10DC units)
Charles S 10DC
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 20, 2013 6:15 am

In Colo team, you should only team up Slow skill units as well as Knockback for the win.

The slow skill unit must always have a speed of B or higher so that if they slow at the beginning of turn, they probably controls the ambush attacks as well as the heavy hitter will bump themself in the next turn.

Always remember that the 30 DC units must always a 6* or higher based on my analysis, because 5*s below cannot equalize himself on 6* stats.

If you use knockback try to get one but always slow are good.
Back to top Go down
Xcurior

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 5:19 am

Alright so have a slow B hitter -- Aksana seems ideal :)And makes sense why Aragon is so costly now lol.

Well I see, I guess I can always trade for a 6* with a certain attack type should an event come up where I need it; otherwise melee seems to be where it's at. I still like the cool looks of my hero aragon though Smile

So the max DC cost for an arena team is 100? So lets say Phileas, Aksana, Chevalier, Charles x3? Is there a better team out there? Normal aragon is kinda too much but phileas price point is quite a bit less hehe.

Thanks for the tips guys :)Where do 7* cards come in btw? Are none of them useful for arena/better for GW, or what? And is there a dif between a good arena/colo team and a good GW team?
Back to top Go down
Wahuh
☆☆☆☆
Wahuh

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 21, 2013 7:09 am

Xcurior wrote:
Alright so have a slow B hitter -- Aksana seems ideal :)And makes sense why Aragon is so costly now lol.

Well I see, I guess I can always trade for a 6* with a certain attack type should an event come up where I need it; otherwise melee seems to be where it's at. I still like the cool looks of my hero aragon though Smile

So the max DC cost for an arena team is 100? So lets say Phileas, Aksana, Chevalier, Charles x3? Is there a better team out there? Normal aragon is kinda too much but phileas price point is quite a bit less hehe.

Thanks for the tips guys :)Where do 7* cards come in btw? Are none of them useful for arena/better for GW, or what? And is there a dif between a good arena/colo team and a good GW team?
Max dc for arena is 120 and max dc for guild is 200. There is no ideal team, you have to experiment with different setups depending on what you want your team to do. 7*s are generally too slow for colo but are amazing for GW and GA.

Colo teams = pure speed, aim to knock your opponent out before they do to you. 7 Charles (5 from you, 2 from allies) will pretty much sweep everyone (barring event units which get a speed boost).

GW teams = teams really differ depending on what your role is in your guild. You either have pure defense, pure attack or mixed teams. Charles is not as good here since he dies too easily.

Arena teams = similar to GW teams but are more balanced. Most good teams use Charles. There's less room for variation than in GW.
Back to top Go down
Xcurior

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 23, 2013 9:05 pm

Thanks!

7 Charles, I see! Is the speed boost to event units significant enough to warrant using them over Charles for a colosseum event?

GW teams are a bit confusing. What would be ideal, a defensive, offensive, or mixed team then? I don't understand what's good to look for. Is speed significant at all? How about abilities(excluding arena abilities of course). What makes a good defense or not? I don't see any defense 'stat' for heroes, so how do we know if they die easily or not -- based on DC?

I have Hero Aragon right now. Some really appealing buys are Phileas, Aksana, and Alhena. I don't know why but they seem pretty good... lol.

What's GA?

Arena is different than colo?? So much *-*
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:50 am

GA = Guild Arena = GW = Guild War = same thing, different names.

7 charles is a solid 770-980 TE investment. One Aksana is about 200 TE, Alhena 250 TE minimum I think? More? I forget. Phileas doesn't come cheap either as she's relatively new and rare and very sought after. They all are very useful cards in many event types but unless you plan to dig deep in your wallet it'll take some time to collect them all.

For GA you have 10 units and depending on your role in the guild you will use them in different ways. As a defender you'll be stocking up on tough units with iron wall, you'll be swapping and healing a lot. As an attacker you need fast offensive units, etc. As a generalist you'll likely have your A and B teams of five each, A team attacking and B team defending.

There is really no such thing as an ideal team, there are just stronger and weaker units, units that are better or worse at a given task. It also depends on the composition of the team you go up against.
Back to top Go down
Xcurior

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 12:49 pm

Well that's why I need help... I CAN get all of those, but I don't want to go and drop so much into this game on the 'wrong' units. I'm hoping to get some ideas here of what would benefit me the most.

10 units and 200 DC... I see. So you're pretty much forced to use some 10/15 DC units there.

What would be an example for an ideal team of each? For colo, all Charles is best right?

How about offense/defensive/mixed GA? I don't know who is good for what and why, I only see the price tag and assume... OH. That card costs more than the others, so it must be better. I don't want to make any mistakes though haha.
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 1:08 pm

Just stay defensive and buy at least 2 Reinhard for economic price of 25-35 te. The rest will be low DC 5* like Edwin for the win.
If you want offensive, the best way you can do is to buy event units. That's the shortest way of gaining more GP.
Back to top Go down
Xcurior

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:04 pm

I see, well defensive doesn't sound too bad then lol. I'm not really interested in making low-return investments; event units are great for the event but their worth drops dramatically once an event finishes.

What skills are ideal in GW; do arena skills come into play at all? Speed doesn't really matter either in GW? Smile

If all Charles is best for arena... then why are units like aksana/phileas touted as so great for arena? They are better for GW I take it? In which case, slow/B speed hitters are ideal in both GA and colo?? Smile
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 2:16 pm

Because Aksana has Iron wall which gives more benefit to get long lasted on battle.

Philleas has a unique skill which is Nerve Strike but I still don't know about it.
Back to top Go down
Xcurior

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 4:39 pm

Ah I got it, so they just have useful skills. Good to know Smile

I wouldn't mind having 1 of each of them in my team and then using fillers for the rest.

The thing about GW is... we cooperate with a guild. There's other people relying on me, and I need to have something better than what most do to become a viable asset. That or settle for a guild that won't rank as high Smile
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 24, 2013 7:29 pm

Xcurior wrote:
Ah I got it, so they just have useful skills. Good to know Smile

I wouldn't mind having 1 of each of them in my team and then using fillers for the rest.

The thing about GW is... we cooperate with a guild. There's other people relying on me, and I need to have something better than what most do to become a viable asset. That or settle for a guild that won't rank as high Smile
GW is interesting, it's more about coordination as a team, such as timing attacks and counterattacks, using tonics intelligently, and knowing how to play the matchmaking system rather than the makeup of your team.

The team makeup is kinda secondary. My last GW, we achieved the 6* victory reward and half our guild is had rosters that consisted maybe one 6* and the rest 4/5* utility units and the other half of the guild had with three or four+ 6*s.

As for colo, you can rank for the 6* on the pvp side without potting, spending a penny, and without an event unit. I know because I rank for one using Stella (6* LE), Dana (6* common), Edwin (5* common), Macaria (4* LE), and Angela (4* common) [combined value of team: ~170te at the time] You just need to grind out about 100 wins per day, which is about 17 hours with perfect cooldowns and perfect win ratio. 6 te can save you an hour of grinding.

Battle Arena is probably the hardest to prep for as certain units just have that much advantage over others. This is where all those marquee top tier units, like Aksana and Charles, gain the most benefit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: What's a good competitive team?   What's a good competitive team? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

What's a good competitive team?
Page 1 of 1