Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Addiction and Departure

Go down 
+20
savagerhelper12004
loniguseze
Kharistos
HoundR
aubade888
Ghost_Star
Tentacle Love
sycovenom
bluerexx
Yuan
Lionpunisher
Tattycoram
matakaw
Resetz
predator852
gambolice
darkenn
Blargod
Vaati
cliffbiram
24 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

Addiction and Departure - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 5:29 am

Very honest opinions guys. Especially you Cliff and HoundR. Also Iam shocked in a way that its like reading my own story. Iam going entirely free now aswell for the same reasons as You Cliff.

I saw my bank accout transaction history and my jaw dropped. I had no damn clue I spend so much that it filled THREE full pages. I will use the upcoming panel event to catch some breath and try to even my huge negative status on my debet card.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:38 am

loniguseze wrote:
Very honest opinions guys. Especially you Cliff and HoundR. Also Iam shocked in a way that its like reading my own story. Iam going entirely free now aswell for the same reasons as You Cliff.

I saw my bank accout transaction history and my jaw dropped. I had no damn clue I spend so much that it filled THREE full pages. I will use the upcoming panel event to catch some breath and try to even my huge negative status on my debet card.
I hope everyone here becomes succesfull, either with leaving the game or controlling their desires.

I'll remember everyone that wishes to stay: not everyone has the same game time, nor the same money, nor the same cards. Check what you can trully do and work slowly, yet steady. Don't run against the stream if it proves too overflowing, be it time-wise, effort-wise, or money-wise. The most important is to know your limits and how farther you can swim while enjoying the activity. Take breaks on the shore, and don't drown Wink

I'll give my example:
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 9:23 am

cant help myself, this thread needs this vid:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 12:19 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
cant help myself, this thread needs this vid:
well, if that's how this all looks to you then I am truly glad. That means you haven't taken from savings and set your credit debt progress back by several years. Feel free to make fun of me or anyone else that has this problem. It just means you don't have this problem, and that makes me happy.

It's also always important to keep things in perspective, which the video does point out. It can always be worse.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 2:44 pm

hmmm im not trying to make fun of anyone or belittle any ones issues. everyone has had their own battles, myself included, and im sure im much farther in debt than you... which is why i've never spent money on a pay to play game, im just to lighten the mood ^^

always remember:
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 27, 2013 6:24 pm

Someone gives Ghost_Star an honor scarf, he's an awesome boyscout in disguise.

Back to topic, what he said is true: you can always look on the bright side of life.
Back to top Go down
savagerhelper12004

savagerhelper12004

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 29, 2013 7:25 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
To all of my allies and fellow fantasica players,

I have decided to quit fantasica because I finally admitted something to myself.  

I am addicted.  

We often joke about this, but real addiction is a real problem.  Real addiction is when you find yourself spending money you don't have.  Real addiction is when you find yourself violating your principles and knowing that you are violating them, but you do so anyway because you simply can't stop yourself.  Real addiciton is saying over and over again, "I won't spend any more, I won't spend any more, I won't spend anymore..."  Then you spend more.  

I acknowledge that many people can participate in this game in a healthy way.  I also had to acknowledge that I am not one of those people.  The game is designed with the sole purpose of frustrating you into spending money.  They gate events with tickets, they gate ranking with special items, and they often gate both with special units.  They build much of it off of straight gambling.  After spending more money than I can count and collecting an impressive stable of 5*, 6*, and 7* cards, I realized it was never going to stop.  I was never going to reach a point where I could personally sit back and enjoy all of the event with what I have.  I would always be tempted or frustrated into making a last ditch purchase for TE or for Card Packs.  

The last BA event was a classic example.  Many of you read my posts on my issues with it.  On the last day, I finally caved.  After 6 hours straight of not getting a single ticket, I spent money.  I spent quite a bit of money. I knew I should not.  I knew it would make little difference in my prizes (other than a 5* bt prize i was never going to seriously use) and it would make no real difference in my ranking.  I did it out of desperation because I just wanted to play the event.  I fell for their trap, eyes wide open, and resisting all of the way.

I can't do that anymore.  When you realize you've got a problem, you have to take real action.  Telling yourself you can just have "one drink" or you can go to bars where other people are drinking but you will just have water never works if you have a real problem.

This is my bar and Fantasica is my drink.

I'm writing this for three reasons.  

1.  I wasn't able to personally tell each of my wonderful allies, and I wanted to give them an explanation, as a 1 year old veteran player leaving is usually cause for concern.

2. It is important to express these things out loud, before people in a community, because it will make it real for me and help me stay "on the wagon and away from the bottle."

3.  It will possibly help other people who are struggling with the same problem I am.

I will dearly miss the art, the sprites, the rush of competition, and the vocal and avid community.  That makes it very hard.

I would like to come back, but I realize now that can only happen if Fantasica changes into something more like some of its competitors.  Where the gates are wider, the sense of participation without spending money is deeper, and where the urge to spend money out of desperation is not nearly so strong.  I might be talked into coming back temporarily for the guild event by my wonderful guild mates in the Chocoboknights, but it would be an isolated thing at best.  

I will miss you all.  Good luck.  Have fun.  Spend wisely.  Be safe.  God bless.
I'm glad that you realize your addiction problem with gaming, and I sort of understand where you're coming from since I love games like this myself and find myself spending money that I should have saved. It sucks that your gone, but I wish you the greatest luck in your recovery because being addicted to something and stoping it cold turkey is like hitting a brick wall. I've been there with cigarettes. Good luck and peace be with you! Sad 
Back to top Go down
jmoon10
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 2:38 am

I remember reading this back when you first posted and thought it to be a great post. Reading through those articles, pretty scary stuff but true. Video games like these are purely psychological and will dig you in without realizing it. I'm a sucker myself too and am guilty of spending endless hours on Fantasica and spending money that I shouldn't have.

That being said, I'll be also jumping the wagon as many others for leaving the game. My reason for leaving isn't necessarily on bad terms, but simply because I don't have time for the game anymore. I do admit it has become an addiction seeing as I am up until 3-5AM every night on the game. But nonetheless, it was a fun experience and sad to leave...but necessary as there are more important things for me to spend my time on.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 05, 2013 3:09 pm

I originally joined Fanta for the art/sprites and tower defense gameplay, but stayed because I was told by many regulars here that it was possible to progress and rank in Fanta without paying.  Unfortunately, after a few months I realized that it's very, VERY difficult to get anywhere because Fanta had changed a lot since it was released.  People disagreed and say that you just need good business acumen and a bit of luck to do well, but they forget that they are speaking as original members with a lot of capital already achieved due to Mobage's early generosity in TE.  Everyone told me to just keep grinding and playing the market.. so I grinded and grinded and watched the RCR and tracked 4*/5* prices for a long time, but progress was far too slow.  It felt like Fanta was consuming my life (glued to my phone 8+ hours a day) with no real progress to show for it.  Since I am a student with a lot of work on his hands, I simply could not deal with it. It got really bad when my friends IRL started to point out that I was always fiddling with my phone, even during lectures and labs. I realized it was an addiction.

I eventually caved in and bought $25 and a few draws, but only got a 5* Julia.  That was when I decided to just drop the game: deleted all my friends, traded in all my cards for TE, and the uninstalled the game.  Fanta simply isn't feasible F2P unless you have no life (or don't care about ranking high), and I realized that a bit too late.  Maybe it was me romanticizing the game and convincing myself that it was better than it actually was.  Regardless, I've now moved onto different CCG games, but gained much more enjoyment in the process.  I'm spending less time playing and feeling more rewarded for the work that I do put in.

Just wanted to get this out there.  I'm glad that some of you guys are dealing with your addictions - I know firsthand just how hard it can be when you're locked into the mindset of, "Just a few more dollars for that rank!".  Hope you all remain well Smile
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 6:39 am

Goodbye Fanta! Thank you for giving me some enjoyments in this game. Its cool and awesome game, but I will quit this time for a good cause. I wish for a best luck in this game.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 27, 2014 10:49 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
you'll be back... they all come back. ^^

called it
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 5:18 am

What? The owner of this thread really came back? Haha, ADDICTION *laughs
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 28, 2014 12:54 pm

KuroStar wrote:
What? The owner of this thread really came back? Haha, ADDICTION *laughs

yea, lol, i've been farming him all day in the top 300'ish range
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:21 am

*memphiskite is requested to give a donut to LuziMiazawa.*

*memphiskite sends a flaming paper bag full of shoot instead to her house.*

*memphiskite is now banned.*
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 03, 2014 12:33 am

memphiskite wrote:
*memphiskite is requested to give a donut to LuziMiazawa.*

*memphiskite sends a flaming paper bag full of shoot instead to her house.*

*memphiskite is now banned.*

*KuroStar unbans memphiskite*
Back to top Go down
Yuan
☆☆☆☆
Yuan

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 24, 2014 5:48 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
you'll be back... they all come back. ^^

called it

Six months clean, try me. Wink ...pouring that addiction into DMT instead, but that's proven to be much healthier on my wallet. |D' Fanta's trade system was destroying me.
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 25, 2014 9:12 am

Glad that at least you're taking the game from a different perspective.

Have fun with your allies. Avoid over-commitment (both in tme and money). Enjoy every freebie.

These are the key to healthly enjoy Fantasica.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Addiction and Departure   Addiction and Departure - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Addiction and Departure
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: