Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Price Manupulation?

Go down 
+12
Skullypower
lightgod89
cliffbiram
Caimsen
Pandalicious
Grumpy
Vaati
Psych
Wahuh
ElysianField
xbLux
egghead88
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
egghead88

Price Manupulation? Empty
PostSubject: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 9:26 am

I just realized the manuplation of Alsiel's price is in progress...

Alsiel's price is now being manuplated by some people and people who saw the PC from Fantasitrade Site. The guy who placed 600 Pure for Alsiel placed Marybell for 800, Valafar for 1000 also which is the lowest PC from the site.

His Alsiel is still not sold though 1000 people want it for that PC.

And this is what happened when I was trying to sell Alsiel.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I traded my 7* Ethel for Alsiel+dolce+Clarissa from a player. And after that I tried to sell Alsiel. Suddenly, another guy came to me and said he just happened to sold his Alsiel and He wants to buy it back from me with price he offers.

I wasn't satisfied with the price so I refused, and then B suddenly started arguing about the price of Alsiel. He insisted Alsiel's PC is about 700~750 mix since the cheapest price from this site here [http://fantasitrade.com/ActiveTrades?Name=Alsiel] says so. Also he stated that his friend placed his Alsiel for Harthi which values about 750. But as you know, Harthi values much more than it. Even the site says she's at least 1000...

Then I checked the site by myself and realized that that the lowest price of Alsiel was placed 2 days ago, which was right after B bought Alsiel from A. That makes it pretty clear that those people are trying to manuplate the price of rare card Alsiel to get it back with ridiculous price.

I hear from some people that they have bought Alsiel at 550~600 pure from auctions, but I don't have any clue of it, also even if it is true, it is an auction, not a regular price.

I upload this thread not only because I am trying to sell Alsiel, but also I feel really bad for one of the rarest card in Fantasica gets underestimated by cheaters.

Please spread this as much as you can so that many people can acknowledge this matter in order to keep the price of rare card and to prevent price manupulation.

Thank you so much for reading this long writing.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Few changed after talking to people who WERE OFFENDED by manupulation as well.

I can't figure out the origination of the manupulation, but the names above about suspicious manuplators were not actually manupuating the price, but they were also harms of this case.

Please be careful so that no false offence happens.

CLEARLY THOSE GUYS MENTIONED ABOVE ARE NOT THE MANUPULATORS. PLEASE DO NOT BLAME THEM. IF YOU WANT TO BLAME, PLEASE BLAME ME FOR MY MISJUDGMENT

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a long discussion, I have concluded that this could be a temporary slupm of 6* cards becuase people want to buy 7*s with pure TE as fast as they can.

We, including who are interested in this topic decided to wait until the event ends, hoping the prices of 6*s will be recovered.

I apologize if I overeact and borthered you for this issue.

Thanks for reading!

Last edited by egghead88 on Sat Sep 14, 2013 9:31 pm; edited 12 times in total
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:20 am

The price wont drop too much after the event as they are still 7* units.

With that said, they will still be the cheapest 7* out there.
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 10:22 am

any estimated price you have in your mind?

My allies look forward for 700~900, varied according to their names.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:03 am

i already saw some being sold for 600. and it's still 3~4 days left..
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:08 am

This looks real exciting.

For sure in 3~4 days there will be more 7*s to be released from the card pack,
and if it keep going like that, 7*s under 1000 TE!

But I am also thinking that the demand for 7* maidens is also high.
Will not that increase the price once again?

Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:13 am

No.

People value cards for the amount of copies.
Demand and supply doesn't really matter a lot atm since there already is less demand than supply. else it wouldn't be under 700 pure.
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 11:17 am

wow I didn't know that!

But there still be difference of price between lana/liz/ethel, right?
People seem they like liz best and lana then ethel Razz
Back to top Go down
Wahuh
☆☆☆☆
Wahuh

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 12:20 pm

It goes Lana>Liz>Ethel from what I've seen. I reckon they will be around the 500-600 mark soon.
Back to top Go down
Psych

Psych

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 3:30 pm

If they're the cheapest, how come no one wants to trade liz for laetitia? ~.~
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:05 pm

That is what I am curious about. People wanna keep their 7 maidens for now.
if the price will surely go down, what is merit for them to keep the cards??

If I have 7*s, I would trade it for laetitia, but I don't, sadly Razz
Back to top Go down
Wahuh
☆☆☆☆
Wahuh

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:08 pm

A lot of people who pulled the maidens don't really know their prices. 7* market is crazy thanks to the maidens.
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 4:29 pm

Totally agreed with Wahuh.. The average price of 7*s before it was around 2000+
Now people want Laetitia for Liz...

I can't really imagine what will happen after this event.

Further more, it looks like people seriously lack of pure TEs recently.
Hope this will just pass without causing any troubles...
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 6:36 pm

egghead88 wrote:

Further more, it looks like people seriously lack of pure TEs recently.
Hope this will just pass without causing any troubles...
I believe this is such because players are attempting to open packs rather than buying TE imo.
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 7:25 pm

People who check this thread, can we talk in here?
Too much saying for ingame chat..!
Back to top Go down
Psych

Psych

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 07, 2013 8:00 pm

Well that was a pretty big edit.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 12:42 am

Psych wrote:
How come? Well, I can't answer the thought processes of current liz owners, but it's evidence of market inefficiency. A much more efficient market exploits anywhere there's profit readily visible extremely quickly (ex: stock market, forex, etc). But this market doesn't have that kind of population or activity in trade. So, even when there is profit to be made, the individuals of the market doesn't necessarily go for the trade in a short period of time. If laetita is truly worth more, someone will eventually make that trade, given the offer.

A different question, however, is if it's a question of supply/demand rather in efficiency. That is, whether or not laetita is overvalued. If no one, truly wants to trade liz for lae, it's new evidence that liz is worth more than lae. Since there's supply, but no demand.

Ultimately, the pice of liz or lae isn't fixed.
Back to top Go down
Pandalicious

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 9:22 am

Simple answer is both Alsiel and Laet aren't that wanted and is overpriced. Owners may be in self denial but they will learn when their stuff doesn't sell for a couple of months. With that said, I feel Eliz will ultimately be the most expensive maiden, Lana won the competition because people wanted a new 7* and liz was already released in Japan and guaranteed to come here. Looking at the old 5* pricing and demand, Liz was much higher than Lana. Also the art for Liz is just much finer tuned than the other two maidens, and being a melee helps.
Back to top Go down
Caimsen
☆☆☆☆
Caimsen

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 7:06 pm

Psych wrote:
Cause nearly everybody wants to keep her for himself. ^^
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:01 pm

Pandalicious wrote:
Simple answer is both Alsiel and Laet aren't that wanted and is overpriced.  Owners may be in self denial but they will learn when their stuff doesn't sell for a couple of months.  With that said, I feel Eliz will ultimately be the most expensive maiden,  Lana won the competition because people wanted a new 7* and liz was already released in Japan and guaranteed to come here.  Looking at the old 5* pricing and demand, Liz was much higher than Lana.  Also the art for Liz is just much finer tuned than the other two maidens, and being a melee helps.
This is probably true, but I'm curious how many Elizabeth 7* units there are out there. I would hazard a guess that her 5* counterpart is more scarce.

She is quite popular though. I know I am a big fan. As someone just mentioned here, rarity is part of the equation, but you are on to something when you talk about popularity. It doesn't matter if there are 500 of her. If a very large percentage of those 500 Elizabeth owners bought cards like mad to specifically get her and wish to keep her, then she will be quite rare indeed.

Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 08, 2013 8:04 pm

Incidentally, I am an Alsiel owner and I value her pretty high, but then again, it took a lot to win her. I don't, however, have any dillussions that other people will value her as highly as I do. My grandfather always said "something is only worth whatever someone else is willing to trade for it."

Alsiel is rare, but other people have to want her for that to mean anything in terms of value. I would love to trade mine for an Elizabeth 7* because as much as I like my Alsiel, I really want an Elizabeth, but I take no insult if an Elizabeth owner doesn't want to trade for her.
Back to top Go down
lightgod89

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:18 am

I ranked for alsiel valafar and harthi. I'm an ex owner of those units. To be very honest, the market price for them is very low right now. You can see them go for 500 to 800. Back then, they were 2.5k to 3.5k each.

And nobody is gonna trade Elizabeth for alsiel 1:1. Not only Alsiel prices are manipulated, there are many fake accounts in the new fantasitrade which seeks to lower prices of our hard earned units.

Current market, most eliz seller selling her at 1k pure. Lowest these days were 900TE pure.
It is not about how the seller values their card, it is how the market goes. With 7* flooding the market, you'll soon see 6* dropping to 5* price and 5* dropping to 4* price these days. It is something we have to accept. The stats of 6* can never be comparable to 7*.

End of the day, DO NOT TRUST THAT FANTASITRADE WEBSITE! PERIOD!
Back to top Go down
Skullypower

Skullypower

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 8:12 pm

Fantasitrade website is the place u manipulate the price
When ppl want to buy something cheap ask friend or ally to post cheap price on the website
then tell the seller " I saw that card is being sold @ XXX" so make them sell cheaper..
also I hate to see ppl's post with Firesale Price and sold (ie. Coral 80TE/SOLD) like what the F?
If it's sold why post there? to show ppl it was sold cheap? so they can buy back cheaper?
maybe not even sold sometimes, just to post like that to lower down price?
I dont even know anymore -.-

I set my price and that's my price
I dont care about " fantasitrade shows XXXte for that card, then go buy from them
I do not want to be manipulated anymore, making me so angry Evil or Very Mad
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 9:22 pm

What I am seeing nowadays is dropping down of almost every cards price. I guess TEs are now extemely rare since too many of them were spent on last Events. But I think that shouldn't make cards cheaper. When the cards get cheaper and market corrupts because of it, the game itself will be done.

The rarity and high prices of high ranked and rare cards were the detonators for the fun of Fantasica, but when those values extinct, there will be no future for this game. That is what I am worrying right now.

And the Fantasitrade website is involuntarily accelerating this crisis. I read the thread from the maker of the website and appreciated much for the reason that he made the website. But the problem is there is no credibility and it's convenience. Anyone can use it for free, anything goes for free too.

Hope the website could be connected to individual's fanta accounts so that only the units that a seller has can be uploaded for sale.
Back to top Go down
egghead88

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 10:10 pm

OMG btw looking at the prices of 7* maidens from Fantatrade makes me dizzy =_=;;;;;
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 14, 2013 11:34 pm

Skullypower wrote:

I set my price and that's my price
I dont care about " fantasitrade shows XXXte for that card, then go buy from them
I do not want to be manipulated anymore, making me so angry Evil or Very Mad
This really is the way to do it.

As a booth owner once told me at a convention (he had the most stereoptyical accent you have ever heard, which always made me wonder if he was doing it on purpose) "Girl come to our booth and ask for sephiroth figure. I tell her he $15.00 She tell me she saw him for $10 at another booth. I say, 'good, you go buy from them.' She come back later and buy from me. They always come back."

And there you are. If the price you set is reasonable, someone will buy. If the buyer thinks they can do better, wish them luck and let them know you'll be around if they change their mind.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Price Manupulation?   Price Manupulation? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Price Manupulation?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next