Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

5*s too weak?

Go down 
+2
chaosbladeuk
Grumpy
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:13 am

Anyone feel that the stats of 5*s are too weak?

For example, if you mlb a 4*, their stats aren't too far from a 5* maxed. Cards like Xiahou Dun at lvl 100 is actually better than a large portion of 5*s, if not most.

But 5* to 6* jump is extremely large. A typical 6* is more than 2x better than a 5*. Even if the highest stat 5* Heidemarie were to be bumped up to C speed from E, it would still pale in comparison any 6* (less Alexander... cuz he's wtf).

The average total attack pts for a 6* is above 200k. But average total attack pts for 5* doesn't even reach 100k.

Being a noob in guild arena made me realize this even more. A full group of 5*s, some 120, some 100 can't beat 2x 6*s defending--rather, they get pulverized. A 6* would have double the attack and double the health, effectively being 4x better.

But this same disparity doesn't seem to exist between 4* and 5* or between 6* and 7*.

Stats I'm making up as I feel, but I feel like 7* is ~40% better than 6*. 6* is ~110% better than 5*. A 5* is ~30% better than 4* at same levels.

Why the hate for 5*s?
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 8:00 am

Xiaohun dun is very strong for a 4* so you can't really use him for comparison. Like if you compare Monica to all other 6*, her stats are incredibly high compared to them. The jump from 5* - 6* is very noticeable.

The point is, higher ranked cards will obviously be stronger than ones below it. In Guild battles where each unit has their own individual health, there is no way a group of 5* can overwhelm them.

It's how the system works I'm afraid.

Back to top Go down
PuYang
☆☆☆☆☆
PuYang

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 1:47 pm

WWU is a fricken strong 5* unit. She does 90k damage in Colo (Typical 6* does around ~120k)

For BA2, I put WWU in front as my tank, and beat many players who had 2-3 6* units (Nothing super fancy though). WWU tanked dat like a boss lol
Back to top Go down
bluerexx
☆☆
bluerexx

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 2:25 pm

Yes, your typical 5* is going to be out ranked by a decent 6* very easily.

That is why I decided to completely skip the 5* phase when I started and went from a 4* to a 6* by grind...grind....and grind.

But that's just how the game works. As of right now, the 7* doesn't have an overwhelming advantage over the 6* like how 6* compares to the 5* are.
Back to top Go down
jmoon10
☆☆

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:56 pm

Yes, way too weak. Once you get some 6* cards, I feel like 99% of all 5* cards are worthless unless you are collecting to album or for art.
Back to top Go down
Grumpy
☆☆
Grumpy

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 3:59 pm

chaosbladeuk wrote:
Xiaohun dun is very strong for a 4* so you can't really use him for comparison. Like if you compare Monica to all other 6*, her stats are incredibly high compared to them. The jump from 5* - 6* is very noticeable.

The point is, higher ranked cards will obviously be stronger than ones below it. In Guild battles where each unit has their own individual health, there is no way a group of 5* can overwhelm them.

It's how the system works I'm afraid.

i get thar 6*s better than 5* as part of game mech. but the point was thar the amount of betterness of 6* to 5* is too great. even other than xiao, there are several cards that can compete fairly with a 5*.
Back to top Go down
NeonC

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 06, 2013 11:07 pm

5 stars are pretty useless, just get a few to hold you down then grind for 6's. Even trading 5 stars now is pretty pointless, it's basically everyone trying to sell 5 and less to get 6's.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

5*s too weak? Empty
PostSubject: Re: 5*s too weak?   5*s too weak? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

5*s too weak?
Page 1 of 1