Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Guild Event Strategy?

Go down 
+4
Vaati
muld0803
velocityhead245
Merivel
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Merivel

Merivel

Guild Event Strategy? Empty
PostSubject: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:44 am

I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on strategy for this event? I'm curious about placement of players (Atk, mid, def) and selection of units both overall and then dividing them into offense and defence.

I want to use my time wisely to build up the right units! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Back to top Go down
velocityhead245
☆☆
velocityhead245

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 2:49 am

Question. In building team, would you put your best units in attack or defense, or balance them out?Very Happy Smile 
Back to top Go down
muld0803

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeWed Aug 21, 2013 6:00 am

I think it's new for everyone, but it would be interesting to see what people think after the first battle?

Back to top Go down
Merivel

Merivel

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 2:30 am

Bump
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 24, 2013 5:45 am

Right, can't say much about strategies, so i'll just give my feedback about skills.

The unit skills here functin a bit like the Masquerade Colosseum, with a few tweaks:
-Slow: goes the same as Colo
-Knockback: goes the same as Colo
-Poison: it reduces the front unit's HP (5-10%, cannot say) each time it takes an action; imo its power has been reduced drastically, though having one around for extra damage on the front tank helps
-AOE: While dealing normal damage, it also does small damage (i'd say 10%) to units close to the target; For exemple, if the enemy has 1 speed B unit (tank), 2 speed C units and 2 D units, the AOE will do 10% to the speed C units; if it had 2 B units and 1 D unit instead, the AOE would do 100% to the target and 10% to the other B unit and the C units; imo this skill could be a counter to the 3B/2C speed team, in which it would do 140% damage total; saddly, the skill has lower power than the Colo version, although not as heavily reduced as poison.

A strategy i would think of is a 5-Slow Def team. With extra Def and extra skill proc, your team's Slows will reduce your enemy's moves on the 30 turns more than normal imho.

Last edited by Vaati on Sat Aug 24, 2013 5:49 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Grammar fixes)
Back to top Go down
gigadc

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 4:43 pm

This event is very funny. One opponent is tough, and then one is easy. 50% chance to win.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 5:21 pm

Merivel wrote:
I'm wondering if anyone has any insight on strategy for this event? I'm curious about placement of players (Atk, mid, def) and selection of units both overall and then dividing them into offense and defence.

I want to use my time wisely to build up the right units! Thanks for sharing your thoughts!
Positioning much depends on what units you have available. Most importantly, how important it is for your skill to go off compared to getting early attacks in.

For example, if you defend with 2 Aksana and 3 Charles. You want their Iron Wall and Double Attack to go off as often as possible. So naturally you want them in DEF for the bonus skill proc. If you have a bunch of random 6*s with Poison/Slow/Knockback, you want to take ATK or MID to have brute force over skill proc because Poison and KB aren't very useful.

And because higher damage in attacks on castle gives more points, you want your heavy hitters on the front line. Rooks and weaker team members typically go to DEF.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 8:45 pm

In attacking lots of different people, the defenders are in different setups. Sometime it is 1x2x2, sometimes it is 4x1, sometimes it is 5x0. How do you change the positioning and thus who gets attacked first?
Back to top Go down
xbLux
☆☆
xbLux

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 26, 2013 9:38 pm

Minowara wrote:
In attacking lots of different people, the defenders are in different setups.  Sometime it is 1x2x2, sometimes it is 4x1, sometimes it is 5x0.  How do you change the positioning and thus who gets attacked first?
The formation is determined by the unit's range. Lower range are tanks, while higher range is in the back.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guild Event Strategy?   Guild Event Strategy? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guild Event Strategy?
Page 1 of 1