Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

FF6 Fans

Go down 
+7
joeladams20
Dmhlucky
lmnseason
gambolice
HoundR
abuqasar
McRities
11 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
McRities

McRities

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 02, 2013 8:56 pm

Any Final Fantasy VI fans out there?

If so you need to check out Balance and Ruin - a 74 track FREE fan album that was created using Kickstarter funds.

Enjoy.

Smile
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 5:03 am

I've played almost every final fantasy that has been released thus far and i must say it is quite the nostalgia trip thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:25 am

As a Final Fantasy fan, I'm ashamed to admit I haven't played FFVI, but I love its music. I'll edit this once I have listened to it (downloading atm)
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 11:19 am

Unfortunately, I didnt really get a connection with FF6.

FF8 and 9 struck a chord in me though. Their OST is fantabulous.

FF7 is bloody overrated and overhyped but fun nonetheless. (Omnislash in Disc 1 is so OP)

FF5 my god that job system. So awesome.

....and I was too busy in highschool to get a PS2.
Back to top Go down
McRities

McRities

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSat Aug 03, 2013 10:02 pm

If you liked this one, I think the most well done CD I've heard is FF6: Grand Finale. It's all orchestral arrangements, but it's done by a professional orchestra and sounds amazing. The opera song is incredible. Unfortunately, it's not free like this one was. Sad

abuqasar wrote:
I've played almost every final fantasy that has been released thus far and i must say it is quite the nostalgia trip thanks for sharing Very Happy
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:37 am

Ive been listening to a lot of the older soundtracks for awhile but these are really tastefully done.
Album is currently on forever replay now Very Happy . Best music i've had this year. +100000
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 10:49 pm

Since we are at it about FF6 OST...

This has just been released last month by OCRemix.

Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:07 pm

Yeah check the site out this was the album OP was telling us about. Free dl for 5 discs Very Happy
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 04, 2013 11:33 pm

Didnt realised the title haha.

-drowsymodeon-

-needcoffee-
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:51 am

FF7 would probably always be the best for me due to the complexity of the story and the technicality during that time. I beat FF7 at 4x due to losing memory cards. My 3rd record has over 125 hours and my last one is at 90+ hours.

I also beat FF8 3x and playing the triple triad was one of the best side games I ever got my self addicted to. I can say FF8 and FFX are both as addicting as one another but FF7 will have be the best for me.

Sadly, I played FF6 at the wrong time so I did not have the interest. I was playing FF3 though and just when I started enjoying it, I got distracted by college.
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:02 am

I played FF8 about 7 times cuz I was trying various ways and means to play the game. No level up is such a bloody pain to play.

I think the craziest one I did was getting all the final weapons (sans Irvine - lulz that MoonStone) at Disc 1. Yes, that includes getting 60 dreaded Elnoyle cards for that Energy Crystals for Save the Queen and Shooting Star.

The most broken part of the game would probably be getting end game magics for Junctions in Disc 1.
Holy - HP - Level 30 Diablos
Flare - Str - Level 30 Diablos
Meltdown - Vit - Gayla card (1 card -> 10magic)
Pain - Magic - Triface card (1 card -> 10magic)
Reflect - Spirit -> Level 30 Adamantoise (Dollet Beach)

-------------
FF7-wise. I remember that stupid Battle Arena was an annoyance in Disc 1. Getting 64k BattlePoints for an early game Omnislash is no joke.
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:23 am

gambolice wrote:
I played FF8 about 7 times cuz I was trying various ways and means to play the game. No level up is such a bloody pain to play.

I think the craziest one I did was getting all the final weapons (sans Irvine - lulz that MoonStone) at Disc 1. Yes, that includes getting 60 dreaded Elnoyle cards for that Energy Crystals for Save the Queen and Shooting Star.

The most broken part of the game would probably be getting end game magics for Junctions in Disc 1.
Holy - HP - Level 30 Diablos
Flare - Str - Level 30 Diablos
Meltdown - Vit - Gayla card (1 card -> 10magic)
Pain - Magic - Triface card (1 card -> 10magic)
Reflect - Spirit -> Level 30 Adamantoise (Dollet Beach)

-------------
FF7-wise. I remember that stupid Battle Arena was an annoyance in Disc 1. Getting 64k BattlePoints for an early game Omnislash is no joke.

I remember this one lol. I played on an emulator on the PSP that would jam every once in awhile when you drew magic. I remember not saving after drawing almost 30 meteors from the Sumi village and having it crash. ><

If we're doing FF stories my absolute favourite is 9. I just love the art and whimsical feel of Zidane and co. I was attracted to FF because of worlds like Ivalice and Terra.

7 and 8 were a lot more serious and steampunk. (Not to say I didn't enjoy them though Very Happy) I remember Red13 from 7 saddest story. 8 I remember just blindly smashing buttons for Zell's LB XD

I finished off 5 last month and i can totally agree w the job systems. It's the grandaddy of tactics and by the end of the game Bartz could wear and do whatever well he damn pleased XD.

FF4 was the hardest little devil game Zeromus was OP overlevel to the Nth degree it felt good to beat his sorry ass.

I'm playing through 6 now Terra just got her ass saved by the kupos. I barely have time between school and work but i'll finish it soon.

And I think we can agree after 10 things kinda went downhill. No
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 1:39 am

zell LB had an evil trick.
Booya -> Punch Rush -> REPEAT NONSTOP -> (2seconds left) Dolphin Blow -> Meteor Barret -> End LB.

I could easily deal about 200k damage with the 4sec timer.

----------

RedXIII is sad as hell man. Everybody expected the papa to be there, but nobody expected that plottwist.

Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 4:26 am

Yeah i mean i didnt expect aerith to go the way she did but Red13s arc conclusion was so much more heart tugging. The guy in the video is amazing btw. FF8 had the best boss music.

Walking up to Ultimecia

*Music starts playing*

FITHOS LUSEC WECOS VINOSEC

Cool I got this
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 9:44 am

Holy LOL! Many people who like FF8! (or at least I hope so)

So, I checked the album and it's awesome! ...but I couldn't enjoy it more because I found another one that I fell in love with: FFIV's Echoes of Betrayal, Light of Redemption. I can't stop playing it.
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeMon Aug 05, 2013 12:47 pm

Some said FF8 sucked because of the plotholes.

i.e. Squall = Laguna`s son ; a very confused Rinoa = Ultimecia etcetc

But dont you think that the plotholes are actually rooms for discussion as to what seem to happen in the background?
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:23 am

I dont recall the story is that really what happened though? I remember Ultimecia being some dorm mother or something and Squall and Siefer being orphans there. Wasnt Squalls forays into the past to help the current timelines elly? I cant remember the plotline at all it feels like ive butchered it somehow.
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:23 am

Uh, Ultimecia wasnt the matron. Edea was.

A few years after Edea and Cid made the orphanage running, she was possessed by Ultimecia who ran through timelines for her own survival as she knew somewhere in the near future she would be killed by a certain somebody.

A rather lulz look at it.

or hell, FF8 was supposed to be a one-disc game lol
Back to top Go down
abuqasar
☆☆☆
abuqasar

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 4:35 am

Ah yes there we go. It was something along those lines. On my 2nd or 3rd playthrough i just remember events in conjunction to magic and item deadlines. XD

EDIT: Just shuffled into dubstep chocobo theme wtfish
Back to top Go down
gambolice
☆☆☆

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 5:37 am

This is wacky enough.

Back to top Go down
McRities

McRities

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 10:40 am

My dog in my avatar pic is actually named after General Celes. Razz She goes by Celie for short.
Back to top Go down
Dmhlucky
☆☆
Dmhlucky

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 11:46 am

I would not say i was a FF adict... but thats whay Drew me to this game in the first place, The art was FF artlike.
Ive played most of the FF games, still play many, i have FF1 on Nes, Rom and GBA, have FInal Fantasy3 for SNES (which is really 6) have it for Playstation and on GBA also.
7 was a good game due to the complexity, and it was the first one PS, so it was an eye opener. I also Love FInal Fantasy Tactics, because of how complex it was. And no matter how high you level, you can still encounter battles that are just downright hard.
FF8 was not a Favorite. I am a player who likes to level early, in 7 i usually had both lv 3 Limits for Cloud, Barret and Tifa before i leave the Train Graveyard for the first time.
So in 8, i was level 100 before i killed ifirit (which means i lose out on all of the Summon junction leveling and stat boosts) And i just got lost in it at some point and never finished.

But my Fav 3 Final Fantasy are Definatly FFT FF6 and FFXI, sadly i still play FFXI to this day (the new monstrosity contect is pretty cool if anyone else plays) been playing that since 2003 XD

And i love then they come out with soundtracks and remakes of the music, so i will definatly be checking this out ^^
Back to top Go down
joeladams20
☆☆☆
joeladams20

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 12:39 pm

This is sweet! I thought I was one of the only FF2(6) fans still around.  Even though it isn't the best game in the series, it is MY favorite, just for nostalgias sake!!  Also see Pier Solar if you like this style of RPG and want something current.
Back to top Go down
DatGreenTea
☆☆
DatGreenTea

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 1:28 pm

PEOPLE HERE SHARE MY LOVE FOR FINAL FANTASY! YAY

Anywho... FFVI is great. Definitely stands atop with my other all-time favorites like VII, VIII, and X.  It's probably just that the amount of nostalgia that surges through my veins is far greater when playing these specific games than the others. lol
Back to top Go down
http://hakitou.tumblr.com
Dmhlucky
☆☆
Dmhlucky

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 06, 2013 3:11 pm

If you want a real challange, give the Low level Guide a try got FF6. O.o A lot of it is just standard, but there are some areas.. such as Opera house Rat area, and Airship fights, that are just grueling.
But its definatly a challange.
I think if i remember right, your highest character ends up being Gau and he is level 17, all other characters are in the 6-8 range.

You can play the game normally for the most part, you just have to gear accordingly.

But for me anyway, it was a nice change of pace.. baring the Opera house rat area.. i think i had to reset about 200+ times before i gave up and finally just did 1 fight. ( you can't run from them, so you get the exp for the fight, but you "Can" avoid the fight, so its not neccessary Exp)

I used to play FF6 back when i was like 12, so it brings back memories of me and my brother playing that game on Snow days and staying up til like 2 AM heh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

FF6 Fans Empty
PostSubject: Re: FF6 Fans   FF6 Fans I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FF6 Fans
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: