Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Bottomless Inbox?

Go down 
+2
Hajkster
louischanks
6 posters
AuthorMessage
louischanks

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 7:16 am

Anyone know whether the inbox has a limit to the number of items it can store? I have currently 70 in there, adding lots more soon. And does it have a time limit for storage? Hope not:p
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 8:01 am

louischanks wrote:
Anyone know whether the inbox has a limit to the number of items it can store? I have currently 70 in there, adding lots more soon. And does it have a time limit for storage? Hope not:p

no limit, however, after 1000 cards you cant get to those in the bottom until you star clearing out cards again. And it will simply say you have 1000 gifts in your inbox.
Back to top Go down
louischanks

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:11 am

Thank you. Much appreciated
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 9:43 am

Hajkster wrote:
louischanks wrote:

no limit, however, after 1000 cards you cant get to those in the bottom until you star clearing out cards again. And it will simply say you have 1000 gifts in your inbox.

From a computer programming point of view, there must be an end to it, only that we never hit that end yet.
Back to top Go down
louischanks

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:02 am

Thanks you. I feel relieve now knowing that my stuff will not disappear all of a sudden:)
Back to top Go down
mogman

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:30 am

MythSearcher wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
louischanks wrote:

From a computer programming point of view, there must be an end to it, only that we never hit that end yet.
Integers in most databases go into the billions... If that fills, you can store them as string values which gives you billions of characters... If THAT fills, you can covert to HEX which uses base 16 instead of 10.
Basically, whatever limit there is, its so far off and impossible to pull off that you can call it unlimited.
Back to top Go down
ifoundparis

ifoundparis

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 11:48 am

mogman wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
louischanks wrote:

Integers in most databases go into the billions... If that fills, you can store them as string values which gives you billions of characters... If THAT fills, you can covert to HEX which uses base 16 instead of 10.
Basically, whatever limit there is, its so far off and impossible to pull off that you can call it unlimited.

If you read in the help section of the game, it says that atm there is no limit to the inbox(even though it says 1000 and you can keep clearing to get more), but it also says that in the future they will impose a real limit. And I don't know how long that message has been there so... I would say maybe keep it at around 1000?=p
Back to top Go down
louischanks

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 31, 2013 10:52 pm

Thank you all for reply.Much appreciated
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 5:39 am

mogman wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:
Hajkster wrote:
louischanks wrote:

I doubt it, in older days, people use 8~16 bits to store, and thus we have limits in older games like 127, 255 or 32767, 65535.
You can use integers to store the info, but 1000 items does not mean you are just using 1000bytes of size.
They first need a pointer to store the type of the item(be it card, luna, ally point, brave pts, amborsia, SSS or SSL, event item., this takes up at least 2 bits, but more like 2bytes.(more if poor programming is used)
then they need to store the amount of that item if it is not a card, which is 10mil for luna. it translates to 989680 so 6 bytes in HEX.
For cards, its simpler, since you only need to store a pointer of the card, the lv and max lv.
From an earlier bug, we know that they do used to use only a single byte to store the ally leader level data.(so the leader is always lv127)

If they only use a short integer,(which is obviously enough for 1000 items) our inbox might not be that "limitless".
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:37 am

MythSearcher wrote:
I doubt it, in older days, people use 8~16 bits to store, and thus we have limits in older games like 127, 255 or 32767, 65535.
You can use integers to store the info, but 1000 items does not mean you are just using 1000bytes of size.
They first need a pointer to store the type of the item(be it card, luna, ally point, brave pts, amborsia, SSS or SSL, event item., this takes up at least 2 bits, but more like 2bytes.(more if poor programming is used)
then they need to store the amount of that item if it is not a card, which is 10mil for luna. it translates to 989680 so 6 bytes in HEX.
For cards, its simpler, since you only need to store a pointer of the card, the lv and max lv.
From an earlier bug, we know that they do used to use only a single byte to store the ally leader level data.(so the leader is always lv127)

If they only use a short integer,(which is obviously enough for 1000 items) our inbox might not be that "limitless".
You're only talking about calculating row length based on column data types. That is completely unrelated to any row count limit (other than calculating storage requirements.) Even super old databases like MySQL 4.0 supported 2^64 rows per table (18.44 quintillion rows).
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 11:58 am

Kadaan wrote:
MythSearcher wrote:

You're only talking about calculating row length based on column data types. That is completely unrelated to any row count limit (other than calculating storage requirements.) Even super old databases like MySQL 4.0 supported 2^64 rows per table (18.44 quintillion rows).

The problem is if they are not likely to use 1 table for each player, and will assign a certain number of rows for each player.
Actually I don't see the inbox as a separate table, but the player data as a whole a certain number of rows in a table.
Assigning like 3000 rows is more than enough.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitimeThu Aug 01, 2013 9:39 pm

MythSearcher wrote:
The problem is if they are not likely to use 1 table for each player, and will assign a certain number of rows for each player.
Actually I don't see the inbox as a separate table, but the player data as a whole a certain number of rows in a table.
Assigning like 3000 rows is more than enough.

They won't use one table per player, but "inbox" will most definitely be it's own table.

Trust me, I'm a DBA during the day to help pay for my fantasica addiction Wink.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Sponsored content

Bottomless Inbox? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Bottomless Inbox?   Bottomless Inbox? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Bottomless Inbox?
Page 1 of 1