Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

New Dream Pack Report Thread

Go down 
+33
TormaDFK
seanlink
xfalconhunterx
AzakaZero
matakaw
Caimsen
Resetz
Megumo84
Tattycoram
TypeAlpha
ugignadl
schizzlemydiz
nightmarejin
cliffbiram
Shinrasoldier
Wahuh
DellerDeller
ggorrell77
KrewOwns
SuperErtoy
XenoCalimani
GoldoaWillNotMove
azndragon43
Belhyde
equals399
naturesfox
CeltHighwind
rustyoldnail
sGabe4
ZucchiniQueen
PuYang
Ghost_Star
Funyuns
37 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Funyuns

New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 9:42 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
I've gotten 16 4* units and 2 3* units from dreampacks so far.  

I really can't spend any more money on this game right now, but damn I really wanted Ingrid.  She's my favorite (by far) of the 7* in terms of art and sprites.

So my ally?  He pulls Ingrid with a dream ticket.  Seriously.  It makes my fingers twitch wanting to try "just one more pull."

I know.  I know.  It's a trap.
It's gambling in disguise really
Back to top Go down
cliffbiram
☆☆
cliffbiram

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 10:21 pm

Funyuns wrote:

It's really not so disguised. In some ways, it's worse for me than gambling for money. I've never really felt compelled to spend money on games of chance to win... well, more money.

I've done slot machines in the DR for what amounted to one U.S. Dollar, and it lasted me quite a while but I wasn't all that tempted to put much more than that into the evening. It was fun to occassionally see all of those coins come out, but eventually it was always going to end up with me getting bored and walking away with some coins, or spending it all and walking away with nothing. I walked away with more than a dollars worth of pesos so I felt satisfied.

This game, however, combines collecting and competition (and competing to collect). There is the collector in me that really just wants to get full "sets" of stuff (whatever I define that "set" to be) and then once I reach that goal, I make another.

I just want a 5* then I will be happy.

I just want a team of 5* units then I will be happy.

I just want Elizabeth and then I'll be happy.

I just want a 6* and then...

Well, you get the point.

The rare card pull report is diabolical because you only see the good pulls.

If I saw nothing but "Gleb. Goblin. Gleb. Frank. Gleb. the way I do generally when I pull packs, I would probably not be all that tempted.

They know what they are doing.

The worst part is, I know what they are doing too.

Then I see my ally pull Ingrid. I tell myself I won't spend anymore. Hell, I write on this thread "I really can't spend any more on this game..." My willpower erodes. I pull two more boxes. I get mostly 4* units (at least two were new ones) and an Ignat (my third Ignat since I started playing this game) and then the buyers remorse sets in and I get mad at myself.

Yeah, these games are not for the weak willed.

Or, to put it better, they are designed precisely for the weak willed.
Back to top Go down
KrewOwns
☆☆
KrewOwns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:04 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
Funyuns wrote:

It's really not so disguised.  In some ways, it's worse for me than gambling for money.  I've never really felt compelled to spend money on games of chance to win... well, more money.

I've done slot machines in the DR for what amounted to one U.S. Dollar, and it lasted me quite a while but I wasn't all that tempted to put much more than that into the evening.  It was fun to occassionally see all of those coins come out, but eventually it was always going to end up with me getting bored and walking away with some coins, or spending it all and walking away with nothing.  I walked away with more than a dollars worth of pesos so I felt satisfied.

This game, however, combines collecting and competition (and competing to collect).  There is the collector in me that really just wants to get full "sets" of stuff (whatever I define that "set" to be) and then once I reach that goal, I make another.

Well, you get the point.

If I saw nothing but "Gleb.  Goblin.  Gleb.  Frank.  Gleb.  the way I do generally when I pull packs, I would probably not be all that tempted.  

Then I see my ally pull Ingrid.  I tell myself I won't spend anymore.  Hell, I write on this thread "I really can't spend any more on this game..."  My willpower erodes.  I pull two more boxes.  I get mostly 4* units (at least two were new ones) and an Ignat (my third Ignat since I started playing this game) and then the buyers remorse sets in and I get mad at myself.

Amen to that. With the current horrible prices for everything, well good for us, mostly everything is VERY cheap. I see Magnus for example being sold for 70 TE nowadays. We're much better off buying TE or Pots off the shop at this point.
Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 22, 2013 11:51 pm

cliffbiram wrote:
Funyuns wrote:

It's really not so disguised.  In some ways, it's worse for me than gambling for money.  I've never really felt compelled to spend money on games of chance to win... well, more money.

I've done slot machines in the DR for what amounted to one U.S. Dollar, and it lasted me quite a while but I wasn't all that tempted to put much more than that into the evening.  It was fun to occassionally see all of those coins come out, but eventually it was always going to end up with me getting bored and walking away with some coins, or spending it all and walking away with nothing.  I walked away with more than a dollars worth of pesos so I felt satisfied.

This game, however, combines collecting and competition (and competing to collect).  There is the collector in me that really just wants to get full "sets" of stuff (whatever I define that "set" to be) and then once I reach that goal, I make another.

Well, you get the point.

If I saw nothing but "Gleb.  Goblin.  Gleb.  Frank.  Gleb.  the way I do generally when I pull packs, I would probably not be all that tempted.  

Then I see my ally pull Ingrid.  I tell myself I won't spend anymore.  Hell, I write on this thread "I really can't spend any more on this game..."  My willpower erodes.  I pull two more boxes.  I get mostly 4* units (at least two were new ones) and an Ignat (my third Ignat since I started playing this game) and then the buyers remorse sets in and I get mad at myself.

Amen brother. Dem feels, I have them too.
Back to top Go down
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:33 am

Rare card reports are the biggest c**k teases ever.
Back to top Go down
KrewOwns
☆☆
KrewOwns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:34 am

Funyuns wrote:

You can say that again. Razz 
Back to top Go down
equals399
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 8:03 am

cliffbiram wrote:

You see the trap. You know it's there.
You think to yourself "Ah-ha! I see right through your plan. There's no way I'll fall for it!"

And then you fall into the trap anyway.
Yup, been there Razz
Back to top Go down
schizzlemydiz

schizzlemydiz

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:00 am

KrewOwns wrote:
Funyuns wrote:

Maybe I'm lucky that I have only seen 5* reports w/ the occasional Baj and Alvi.
Back to top Go down
ugignadl

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:26 pm

Well, I went ahead and dropped about 12,000 mobacoins on the dream packs. A bit more, since I also got the 100 and 200 mobacoin deals first.

Yeah, I'm an idiot.

I got all 4* cards plus 3 5*: Elena, Sarah, Leir.

ARGH
Back to top Go down
ugignadl

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 5:40 pm

I guess Leir is a new-ish unit which would be probably Tier 2 in the 5* rankings, but BLARGH I want me a 6* Sad
Back to top Go down
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 7:46 pm

schizzlemydiz wrote:
KrewOwns wrote:
Funyuns wrote:

Maybe I'm lucky that I have only seen 5* reports w/ the occasional Baj and Alvi.

I saw Ingrid right after my sheryl report...wanted to kill myself
Back to top Go down
KrewOwns
☆☆
KrewOwns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:16 pm

schizzlemydiz wrote:
KrewOwns wrote:
Funyuns wrote:

Well even 5* would be a nice thing to get in pulls. It's hard to even pull 5*, at least for me. I have to admit though, my 100 coins pull for Esna was pretty cool. I feel that luck should have gotten to getting Alt instead of the Zita I got LOL.

Anyways anything that shows who got a rare card is a trap. People on forum here simply saying they got Alt on first run is, in a way, almost exactly like the RCR. You get excited and think you can do it your first turn, and get slapped in the face at the end of the tower.

Good luck to everyone though, as for me I sold my Zita for 1K luna to a good forumer.
Back to top Go down
nightmarejin

nightmarejin

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 23, 2013 9:37 pm

100 - Leir
200 - Adolph
200 - 4*

Two 3000 packs - Cyclops M, 9 Tails M, Sarah and a bunch of 4*s
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 12:58 am

KrewOwns wrote:
We're much better off buying TE or Pots off the shop at this point.

I too agree to that notion. However when you do that, you end up feeling like you'll lose value over those TE. For instance I bought 50te from the shops (yes, it actually happened in a rage fit), and suddenly felt like it wasn't worth the effort. Why? because you're taking the long-cut to making pixelated-money on this game. You look at those people constantly pulling 5 and 6*, and then those freaking low levels pulling 6* and 7* (a level 20 actually pulled Ingrid not too long ago. Man was I annoyed). Then you compare the amount of TE you bought with the rest of the economy, then you realize it's no where near what you expected it to be(It's still 50te, but wtf). Yes, Fanta plans all this shoot out, to make the poor poorer, and the richer richer.
Back to top Go down
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 7:59 am

wow...I'm pretty much done with this game lol
bought 3 3000packs, got leir,elena,viviane and then ALL 4*s
awesome.
Back to top Go down
Shinrasoldier
☆☆
Shinrasoldier

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 2:59 pm

Before I buy a box, I usually ask one of my allies how much he spent to get his cards and that usually sobers me up. He spent nearly $500 (or whatever 350 pounds converts to) just to get Ingrid.

At this point I just buy up the 100 coin pulls and hope I get that 6* or 7*, if not then better luck next time.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 5:42 pm

Seven 3,000 moba packs + the cheap dream packs (the 100 and 200 coins or whatever they were) + three dream tickets.

Three 3* from the tickets. Two 5*s (one Tugba ugh) and the rest 4*

I think I'll follow Shinrasoldier's model from now on.
Back to top Go down
Funyuns

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 24, 2013 8:21 pm

Tattycoram wrote:
Seven 3,000 moba packs + the cheap dream packs (the 100 and 200 coins or whatever they were) + three dream tickets.

Three 3* from the tickets. Two 5*s (one Tugba ugh) and the rest 4*

I think I'll follow Shinrasoldier's model from now on.
wow...that is just horrendous
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 25, 2013 9:03 am

pulled ignat from the reward dream ticket thing ^^ that will do
Back to top Go down
Megumo84

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 21, 2013 8:43 pm

I bought the box and the three and used two of my dream3tickets already. I forgot what goes where, but here's the haul... feel lucky yet?

Imbecile
Chiffre
Strarf (event unit, yay)
Seal
Sobrio (5* yay)
Candy
Snowshoe
Mondo
Jelly
Felicia
Zenobia
Treant
Partenope
Chimera
Back to top Go down
Resetz

Resetz

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 5:54 am

I get those from 100 and 200 pulls, not going to spend more

Patricia
Voir
Chris
Farrah
Estin

Back to top Go down
Caimsen
☆☆☆☆
Caimsen

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 7:12 am

Got 1 x 100, 3x200 and 1 3000pack.
First i had Hannah, hydra, dianoia and archalque. Than just 10 4*
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 9:13 am

Winnable x7 potion and x7 TE tradables are much yummier than dream tickets I swear of it.

This is the reason why I am continuing this event. (Waste of time and money.)
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 22, 2013 1:35 pm

9 common 4*s including 2x Follia. Follia, folly, fool, that's me.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 23, 2013 9:10 am

I did the 100 pack and the three 200 pack. So, four pulls for 700 coins. I got all regular pullable 4*s.

I don't remember exactly which ones. I think it was Djanjo, Nadine, Gleb, can't remember who else. They have already been recycled with Leana.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New Dream Pack Report Thread   New Dream Pack Report Thread - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New Dream Pack Report Thread
Page 2 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3  Next