Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Arena skills; speed stat question.

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

Arena skills; speed stat question. Empty
PostSubject: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 2:38 pm

I suddenly find myself with two questions after spending too much time playing and reading forums today, so pardon me if i'm having a durr moment.

1) do "Arena skills" like iron wall, speed order, etc. apply during "arena" events like the one we are currently having (The Arcane Atheneum), or do they only kick in during Battle Arena events?

2) the speed stat - does this affect how fast a unit attacks in quests (such as mina trials) & boss fights (such as Lilith), or does it only affect turn order during these "arena" events & can be ignored at other times?

thanks in advance for alleviating my hurting head.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 3:11 pm

feel free to ask your questions in the thread dedicated for questions:

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t8003-faq-got-questions-ask-here

the 'arena skills' only work during the "Battle Arena" events. The current event is a Colosseum event.

the speed stat determines how long between attacks but is only really a que for Colosseum and Arena events because in trials/bosses/quests you have to take into consideration attack animation speeds because the timer will not start for the next attack until the current one hits.

that is to say im sure that the speed stat is still a factor in non arena events, but it is compounded/slowed by the attack animation. the animation time is not taken into consideration when determining the attacking order in arenas.

another thing that effects attacking speeds in quests/bosses is device lag.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:45 pm

Summarized it very well. Smile

The only thing I would change is remove mention of missile speed and attack animations.

Easier to lump it together as "attack delay" or "attack speed".
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 6:50 pm

Oh and to cut off questions about letter speed changes...

Letter speed changes ONLY affect coliseum events atm.  If I am not mistaken it was proven that letter speed changes DO NOT affect turn order in the arena battles.

For training, towers, quests, everything else, letter speed changes are just a visual thing which does not do anything.  Irregardless if the letter changes or not, if you have the unit leadered, you still get the 20% increase.

So Vlad going from D to C has the same 20% benefit as a leadered Monica who doesn't change letter speeds.
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:14 pm

ok cool thanks for confirming, these answers were what i was thinking but not sure was correct. i realize now my confusion was stemming from the fact that the unofficial wiki refers to events like the current Arcane Atheneum as "Arena" events instead of colosseum, and to battle arena as "battle arena" events."

the rest derived from the fact that i started playing the game after BA2 occurred so i haven't yet participated in one of those event types. i'd also read today about how people are saying turn order might occur in battle arenas isn't determined by the speed stat but rather by the order in which the cards were taken from the inbox, which seems like it might be annoying considering that trading is disabled during the events scratch 
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:34 pm

rustyoldnail wrote:
ok cool thanks for confirming, these answers were what i was thinking but not sure was correct. i realize now my confusion was stemming from the fact that the unofficial wiki refers to events like the current Arcane Atheneum as "Arena" events instead of colosseum, and to battle arena as "battle arena" events."

the rest derived from the fact that i started playing the game after BA2 occurred so i haven't yet participated in one of those event types. i'd also read today about how people are saying turn order might occur in battle arenas isn't determined by the speed stat but rather by the order in which the cards were taken from the inbox, which seems like it might be annoying considering that trading is disabled during the events scratch 

That bug was present in BA1, but was fixed in BA2.  You don't have to inbox your units prior to battle arenas atm.

Just order your units on the page where you make your team as normal.
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 16, 2013 10:40 pm

oh, thank god.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 12:00 am

rustyoldnail wrote:

they could have been referring to the order in which your units get hit. This is determined by range then order taken from inbox. for instance in battle arena your team is split into 3 ranges, the first range is something like 130-145, or basically melee units. and within that sub group the first of those units taken from your inbox will be the first one that your opponent will hit. Its important that you put your strongest unit here as it should mean they will take the most hits giving you more over all hits... if your weakest units are in front they will get taken out quickly and you will lose their attacks.

i would also point out with the speed demon skill...the slower the unit is, the more benefit they will receive... ie a unit thats speed rating is 2 seconds Arena skills; speed stat question. File:Alexanderwill get a bigger overall speed increase than someone who's speed rating is 1 second.
Back to top Go down
rustyoldnail

rustyoldnail

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeWed Jul 17, 2013 5:10 am

lord...wish they would implement some way for us to re-order cards other than having to bug allies to cancel numerous consecutive trades if this is what it comes down to lol
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 18, 2013 5:07 am

Ghost_Star wrote:
rustyoldnail wrote:

they could have been referring to the order in which your units get hit. This is determined by range then order taken from inbox. for instance in battle arena your team is split into 3 ranges, the first range is something like 130-145, or basically melee units. and within that sub group the first of those units taken from your inbox will be the first one that your opponent will hit. Its important that you put your strongest unit here as it should mean they will take the most hits giving you more over all hits... if your weakest units are in front they will get taken out quickly and you will lose their attacks.

i would also point out with the speed demon skill...the slower the unit is, the more benefit they will receive... ie a unit thats speed rating is 2 seconds Arena skills; speed stat question. File:Alexanderwill get a bigger overall speed increase than someone who's speed rating is 1 second.

...however it is not the 'overall' speed increase which determines the DPS.

For example.

10% of 100 is 10.
10% of 1000 is 100.

While 100 is higher than 10 in actual value, BOTH are a 10% increase and one is not 'higher' than the other.

When you translate this to DPS statistics, if one unit gets a 10% increase due to speed, then another unit will also get a 10% increase in DPS.

The relative difference between the two values in relation to each other will stay the same irregardless of the actual values (IE 1 and 100 v. 10 and 1000).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Arena skills; speed stat question.   Arena skills; speed stat question. I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Arena skills; speed stat question.
Page 1 of 1