Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS

Go down 
+44
GoldoaWillNotMove
tomtom98
M60A1
Milnaley
matakaw
littlesig82
Yuan
ForLulzz
Rcybs
Abyssight
Kandachime
Arballest
HinakiHinari
sealbutts
LuziMiazawa
Timed
WindSilence
wowyogurt
cyndre
fwooshers
Hyouzanryu
Arizirii
Aniwo
Maggot
LatinLegacy
ElysianField
nightmarejin
TypeAlpha
kfcjamal
Cam
noobcake
corroded
GitD16
Isylia
blackwing
deedlit228
imunksky
zzgalactic
lace
masta518
wwwCat
Blargod
zhuwawagu
aubade888
48 posters
Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next
AuthorMessage
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 02, 2013 8:53 pm

In general, 3* and 4* cards should all be burned for evo points (unless they are unique).  

If any are R and you have no use for them, evo them to the next * and then burn them
Back to top Go down
Milnaley

Milnaley

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:47 am

thanks thats what i figured would be the best thing to use them for but i wanted to make sure theres nothing else i should save them for Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:20 am

Closed city's Zone 3 and 4 are insanely difficult. Even if I want to reroll my options, the Chaos Sphere seems to be a much more worthwhile use for your revive potions and Light. The reasoning for this is that the bosses of Zone 3 and 4 have a lot of health and have skills that can literally 1 shot your entire party (like Orochi). This means that you can spend a ton of revive potions only to be trolled by the end boss.

I understand that they want to deepen the limit of progression on this game but geez. It's not like that the option recontract is already limited by its RNG nature and is timegated by a specific number of uses per day and by your light.

My gripe with items is that fact that you can't upgrade a unique unit's first item. It essentially confirms their intention in making unique units as 2nd rate cards even if they have a higher upper limit for options (not forgetting that fact that a unique's options cannot be changed and often have more costly unit costs).
Back to top Go down
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆
Hyouzanryu

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 11:35 am

Blargod wrote:
My gripe with items is that fact that you can't upgrade a unique unit's first item. It essentially confirms their intention in making unique units as 2nd rate cards even if they have a higher upper limit for options (not forgetting that fact that a unique's options cannot be changed and often have more costly unit costs).
I think it was always the intention that unique cards were not meant to be top tier material. Relatively speaking, they are "easier" to obtain because all you have to do is farm for them. Of course luck plays a lot into it, but once you get the unique card, there you go, instant gratification - no evo points, no evo material. Whereas to get your non-unique cards, you gotta work for those EVO points and material, but in the long run, it would pay off with much stronger cards.

Unique cards are and have always been a trade-off, and that's just standard business.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 12:10 pm

Hyouzanryu wrote:
Blargod wrote:
I think it was always the intention that unique cards were not meant to be top tier material. Relatively speaking, they are "easier" to obtain because all you have to do is farm for them. Of course luck plays a lot into it, but once you get the unique card, there you go, instant gratification - no evo points, no evo material. Whereas to get your non-unique cards, you gotta work for those EVO points and material, but in the long run, it would pay off with much stronger cards.

Unique cards are and have always been a trade-off, and that's just standard business.
No need to get captious with my posts and explain all that since I've been here since global DMT was out. The point of the post was that they've just made them into designated fodders. In the past, it was a bit more ambiguous since uniques had the capacity to outmatch rares since their options were more powerful than rares.

Items raise the upper limit but it's a bit too soon especially when there aren't much people with full 6* teams yet.
Back to top Go down
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆
Hyouzanryu

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 2:36 pm

Blargod wrote:
]No need to get captious with my posts and explain all that since I've been here since global DMT was out. The point of the post was that they've just made them into designated fodders. In the past, it was a bit more ambiguous since uniques had the capacity to outmatch rares since their options were more powerful than rares.

Items raise the upper limit but it's a bit too soon especially when there aren't much people with full 6* teams yet.
Oh my, just thought it was a friendly open discussion. Guess I'll just leave you to your observations; sorry didn't mean to offend.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 03, 2013 10:38 pm

Hyouzanryu wrote:
Blargod wrote:
]No need to get captious with my posts and explain all that since I've been here since global DMT was out. The point of the post was that they've just made them into designated fodders. In the past, it was a bit more ambiguous since uniques had the capacity to outmatch rares since their options were more powerful than rares.

Oh my, just thought it was a friendly open discussion. Guess I'll just leave you to your observations; sorry didn't mean to offend.
Sorry that I got of the wrong foot. I didn't think it was too friendly when people take part of my posts and take it a bit out of context to make it seem as if I was new into the game. Quite a few people on these forums do that and I wasn't so sure if you were doing that.
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:12 am

Blargod wrote:

They were always second rate cards to begin with. Their intention was progress on the growth of evolve-able cards, by using the dead-weight uniques. Since unique cards are easier to farm than evolve-able cards, it compensates for that missing party slot where in the future you would have an evolve-able card.  Higher upper limit for options? No, not true. I've never seen a farmable unique card with non-fixed options surpass a rare card, or rarely on par with UC cards.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 9:22 am

TypeAlpha wrote:
Blargod wrote:

They were always second rate cards to begin with. Their intention was progress on the growth of evolve-able cards, by using the dead-weight uniques. Since unique cards are easier to farm than evolve-able cards, it compensates for that missing party slot where in the future you would have an evolve-able card.  Higher upper limit for options? No, not true. I've never seen a farmable unique card with non-fixed options surpass a rare card, or rarely on par with UC cards.
Honestly... you're talking about fixed options of 6*s vs uniques then of course it's better since 6*s almost always get unique options.... I guess I should have clarified that but my point is moot anyway as of this point. Before 6*s, 5* uniques always had the propensity to obtain stronger unique options (this is why I keep stressing they have a greater upper limit even if there's more RNG involved due to them having 1-4 options as opposed to 3-4 options from rares) while rares not so much.
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 11:47 am

Blargod wrote:
Honestly... you're talking about fixed options of 6*s vs uniques then of course it's better since 6*s almost always get unique options.... I guess I should have clarified that but my point is moot anyway as of this point. Before 6*s, 5* uniques always had the propensity to obtain stronger unique options while rares not so much.
No, i was talking about ALL uniques in general, not just 6 stars. There's more RNG involved with an evolve-able card because it takes ALOT of times to get high, where compared to uniques the number does vary. Easy or Hard, pick your difficulty.

Before 6*, 5* uniques had the propensity to obtain higher unqiue options because people farmed the bloody crap out of them, discarding one after another if they're not satisfied with its options. Evolve-able cards? If you got crap, you stick with it. You can't exactly go hunt for another one. As for upper limit, again i point towards the extensive farming of unique cards. Just because there are more uniques, doesn't mean they have better potential. In the end, they'll get viewed as cards that are dead-weights, and are replaced with better ones in the future. Mistaken me if i'm wrong, but i think you value unique cards beyond it's worth.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 04, 2013 8:10 pm

TypeAlpha wrote:
Blargod wrote:
Honestly... you're talking about fixed options of 6*s vs uniques then of course it's better since 6*s almost always get unique options.... I guess I should have clarified that but my point is moot anyway as of this point. Before 6*s, 5* uniques always had the propensity to obtain stronger unique options while rares not so much.
No, i was talking about ALL uniques in general, not just 6 stars. There's more RNG involved with an evolve-able card because it takes ALOT of times to get high, where compared to uniques the number does vary. Easy or Hard, pick your difficulty.

Before 6*, 5* uniques had the propensity to obtain higher unqiue options because people farmed the bloody crap out of them, discarding one after another if they're not satisfied with its options. Evolve-able cards? If you got crap, you stick with it. You can't exactly go hunt for another one. As for upper limit, again i point towards the extensive farming of unique cards. Just because there are more uniques, doesn't mean they have better potential. In the end, they'll get viewed as cards that are dead-weights, and are replaced with better ones in the future. Mistaken me if i'm wrong, but i think you value unique cards beyond it's worth.
First, they seriously have a higher propensity to have unique options since rank and rarity affect chances of obtaining rarer options, I'm really not making this up. They didn't call them unique options for nothing. It's not only the fact that you stated that people farmed them like crazy. Also, could you clarify your first paragraph? I'm really not following.

Second, I never even said I valued them nor did I even remotely value them that highly, which people seem to think just because I said on my first post that their value diminished further due to the changes. I'm just saying that they had more value in the past then they are now. I have no reason to like them or even value them; rather, I'm just stating what was their perceived value in the past before the changes to 6*s and their use as item fodders.
Back to top Go down
Milnaley

Milnaley

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 05, 2013 11:25 pm

i have another question, does anyone know exactly how defense points work?

i just got a samael with 1000DP (should i be really happy about this? lol)
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 8:31 am

Milnaley wrote:
i have another question, does anyone know exactly how defense points work?

i just got a samael with 1000DP (should i be really happy about this? lol)
Defense points are the stat that reduces incoming damage to a unit. So lets say your samuel has 1000dp, and an enemy unit deals 1.5k damage. The defense kicks in and reduces that damage, resulting in 500 damage being dealt. You can also receive zero damage if the opponent deals damage less than your DP.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 1:29 pm

I would like more clarifications on DP as well.

1) There are options that reduce damage by %. Are they applied before or after DP?

2) How valuable are skills that target high DP enemies? Skills like Black Wave (3~4k fixed damage) don't seem useful at all when even your weakest 5* has over 9k AP. Nine Hits (AP% + DP% of target) and Acid Breath (AP% + some DP ignore) also seem lacklustre compared to the high AP% skills. What are the bosses that you really need these skills to overcome high DP?
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 06, 2013 7:43 pm

Abyssight wrote:
I would like more clarifications on DP as well.

1) There are options that reduce damage by %. Are they applied before or after DP?

2) How valuable are skills that target high DP enemies? Skills like Black Wave (3~4k fixed damage) don't seem useful at all when even your weakest 5* has over 9k AP. Nine Hits (AP% + DP% of target) and Acid Breath (AP% + some DP ignore) also seem lacklustre compared to the high AP% skills. What are the bosses that you really need these skills to overcome high DP?
1. All options on a card are applied post-stats.

2. High DP enemies are one thing, having DP inclusive skills are another. I find that Wave skills that deal fixed damage is really useless. If you're looking for anything to overcome high DP enemies, then i would suggest looking for anything that includes % DP in your %ap attack. Like you said before, Nine Hits is effective, even against Dues Ex Machina. If you really want a high end skill, then i'm sure you're familiar with Full Moon Slash ([70% AP + 300% of All enemies DP] to all enemies) from Orochi Yamatano. Hell zone Boss 1 also has a pretty nice skill if you're willing to start lightly first.
Back to top Go down
HinakiHinari
☆☆☆
HinakiHinari

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 07, 2013 11:03 pm

Pulled Ghatanothoa from a prem ticket :>
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 08, 2013 2:01 pm

I like these Lovecraftian cards. I just can't ever pronounce their names.
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeSun Nov 10, 2013 8:37 am

Not particularly interested in them.. just another waste of space for me Razz I ONLY need Ea.. but she has NEVER dropped for me during summons. >_<
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 11:09 pm

Finally got this on my iPad. You can add me, same name here and Fanta.
I'm starting to get into this more....
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 5:23 am

Well welcome to DMT buddy. If you've got any questions or are in need of tips, some experts here (Very Happy) can help you out. Enjoy your time with DMT! Also, if you feel as if you want to talk to other DMT experts, message me on LINE messenger, and i'll add you to the group (counterphi).
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 13, 2013 10:41 pm

Quick question!
What are the special point cards?

This game seems more strict on units, especially leveling my units seems hard.
I guess I'm not use to this type of game, since I'm mostly on Fanta.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:34 am

M60A1 wrote:
Quick question!

You can convert special point cards to evolve points with Upgrade --> Evolve --> Acquire points. The evolve points are needed to upgrade cards to higher rank. You will also need ingredients of the card's type (Celestial, Otherworldly, Underworld), which you can collect in the Daily zone. The 3* or higher non-unique cards that you don't need should be converted to evolve points also. There are a day or 2 every few weeks when you can get 1.5x evolve points, so save up your 5* special point cards and 3*+ non-uniques for the better time.

You want to use Special EXP cards for merging (level up) because the 1* and 2* give very little. Only do merging on Sunday to get merge bonus.
Back to top Go down
Hyouzanryu
☆☆☆
Hyouzanryu

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 3:42 am

M60A1 wrote:
Quick question!

You can also check out the bountiful guides available on the game's official forum:

http://palmpleglobal.boards.net/

There's a lot of great information compiled by both the developers and veteran players that really help new players get situated and start off on the right foot Smile
Back to top Go down
TypeAlpha
☆☆
TypeAlpha

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 15, 2013 9:25 am

M60A1 wrote:

Indeed, which what makes all the more effort count. Personally I like Devil Maker far more than Fanta.. This game purposely makes low level players unable to outperform a higher level player.. in terms of unit strength. That is what i hated most about fanta.. low levels can pull instant 6 or 7*, and people go raging all about it. But this game, much more consistent.
Back to top Go down
tomtom98

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 19, 2013 8:35 pm

What are the Japanese and korean wiki ah Devil Maker?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS     Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS  - Page 16 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Devil Maker: Tokyo (Collectable Card Game) Android & IOS
Page 16 of 17Go to page : Previous  1 ... 9 ... 15, 16, 17  Next