Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency

Go down 
+11
Valhades
larrydust
pnoytroi
Dark Knlght
cuddytime
Admin
Strenhelden
monkeyagent3
Blargod
clocksprocket
Purinsu
15 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2
AuthorMessage
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

[Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:00 pm

I keep having to repeat this, but I urge people not to attack or criticize others on their choice of where they spend $$. Some people get enjoyment out of playing games (like Fantasica) and have the income/desire to spend money on these games.

(e: that said, getting a leg up by straight-up buying 6*s through RMT doesn't sit right with me.)
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:01 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
I keep having to repeat this, but I urge people not to attack or criticize others on their choice of where they spend $$. Some people get enjoyment out of playing games (like Fantasica) and have the income/desire to spend money on these games.

(e: that said, getting a leg up by straight-up buying 6*s through RMT doesn't sit right with me.)

There is a way to get back at those people to be able to report them, but that would involve time and effort. :-)
Back to top Go down
zTrace

zTrace

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:23 pm

clocksprocket wrote:

I;m not mad at them, I;m just saying.. Like your going through all that trouble just for a game?? Games [to me] aren't fun if your taking the easy way out. I know you have to pay for packages, which is cool since your supporting the game. But going to an extreme just for a card seems a little crazy.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:41 pm

Some people don't find it to be "extreme" and it doesn't make them "desperate." People have different value systems. Spending a few hundred on a game like Fantasica might not mean anything, or might give them more pleasure than spending it on something else. Also, considering how much money it can take to get a 5* or 6*, I wouldn't call it "easy."

I want these forums to be a friendly place for all types of players, which doesn't help if a subset of them gets criticized for their choices.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:45 pm

While I understand and somewhat agree with your viewpoint, it does seem a bit hypocritical to then discriminate against those who buy/sell from other players.

Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

RMT traders bypass the game and get a leg-up on players who are buying boxes through official means or not paying. If Mobage/Fantasica intended anyone to get a 6* just because they shelled out money, they'd just have them for sale straight up.

It's also going to ruin the economy if all the botters/RMT release TE into the economy for low prices.
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:48 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
While I understand and somewhat agree with your viewpoint, it does seem a bit hypocritical to then discriminate against those who buy/sell from other players.

Good thing I'm not an admin, I would ban you for being a dumbass.

Not going to even address that.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 pm

sharpyzu wrote:

All I got out of it was her stating her view point on the matter. She isn't judging. It doesn't affect her. She just doesn't like people doing it, but at the same time she isn't going to go out of her way to report them. Unless she knows who's doing it then yes haha
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:49 pm

Valhades wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:

Val, stop with the name calling. Haha. Remember how it lead to clocks closing a thread for name calling haha. :-P
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:51 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
Valhades wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:

Val, stop with the name calling. Haha. Remember how it lead to clocks closing a thread for name calling haha. :-P

Haha, can't help it -- Hate kids. Especially the ignorant ones that can't see beyond their nose.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:52 pm

Valhades wrote:

Haha, can't help it -- Hate kids. Especially the ignorant ones that can't see beyond their nose.

I know.. I had a run in this morning between ippo and another kid on the game... they were just blowing up my wall >__< such a headache haha.

e: not ippo, but the kid and started calling ippo names after I asked him not to.. had to block him

Last edited by pnoytroi on Sat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
Valhades wrote:

I know.. I had a run in this morning between ippo and another kid on the game... they were just blowing up my wall >__< such a headache haha.

LOL I saw that, because ippo blocked him. That was pretty funny actually.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:53 pm

;__________________________________________________________________;
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

Valhades wrote:
pnoytroi wrote:
Valhades wrote:

LOL I saw that, because ippo blocked him. That was pretty funny actually.

Funny for you. Headache for me haha.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:54 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
;__________________________________________________________________;

It hasn't been a half hour yet. Stay on your train/whatever haha.
Back to top Go down
beltane-flames
Ocean Dweller [Rare]
beltane-flames

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:55 pm

zTrace wrote:
clocksprocket wrote:

I;m not mad at them, I;m just saying.. Like your going through all that trouble just for a game?? Games [to me] aren't fun if your taking the easy way out. I know you have to pay for packages, which is cool since your supporting the game. But going to an extreme just for a card seems a little crazy.

clocksprocket wrote:
Some people don't find it to be "extreme" and it doesn't make them "desperate." People have different value systems. Spending a few hundred on a game like Fantasica might not mean anything, or might give them more pleasure than spending it on something else. Also, considering how much money it can take to get a 5* or 6*, I wouldn't call it "easy."

I want these forums to be a friendly place for all types of players, which doesn't help if a subset of them gets criticized for their choices.
I'd like to interject here, because I think there's some miscommunication going on.

Clocksprocket wants to discourage criticism of people who pay $$ on Fantasica and get cards in a legit way. She doesn't approve of those who are spending real money outside of the game. That illegitimate trade is what I would consider "going to an extreme" or "taking the easy way out," so I have to assume that's what you're referring to, as well?

Sorry for butting in, but I hate to see miscommunication in forums... It so often leads to huge arguments that could easily be prevented. So I'm sorry if I'm reading someone incorrectly here--just wanted to help. Smile
Back to top Go down
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]
Dark Knlght

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 9:57 pm

Internet strikes again!
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:04 pm

Valhades wrote:
sharpyzu wrote:

It is a good thing you're not an admin, but a person as rude, disrespectul and unreasonable as you will never become one anyway. 

Do you really think you're somehow superior by calling people "dumbass" or "clear example of what is wrong with kids these days"? 
You are a clear example of what is wrong with arrogrant fools who cannot backup any of their claims and must resort to ad hominem attacks.
 It's quite sad that at your age (I assume you're not a kid yourself anymore?) you're still don't understand what respect is, 
and what basic human decency is.

Clocks: Don't you think I'm entitled to my own opinion as well then? Should valhades be able to freely call me names like this with no warnings whatsoever?

True, people who "RMT" as you call it are not supporting mobage. I can understand why people are against it. At the same time, I also understand why 
some people cannot agree to spending thousands of dollars on a virtual game. I believe both should be able to express their opinions as long as it is
 reasonable without ad hominem attacks. Surppressing one side simply because you happen to spend real money yourself isn't what a good, unbiased 
admin should do.

A teacher cannot complain if his student later charged money for teaching the same material.
A car dealer cannot complain that a car he sold was later sold to someone else.

As long as the items were originally obtained through legitimate means, then why should they not be allowed to trade their property freely?

With multi-accounts and botting, these are not legitimate means of obtaining in game items, but should a person legitimately obtain items through legitimate means,
 why shouldn't he be allowed to trade it away for other things? 

EDIT:
Valhades, Let me quote you:
Quote :
His logic is 'not sound' simply because it conflicts with your own perceptions? You are a clear example of what is wrong with kids these days.

I am a dumbass simply because my views conflicts with your views? I am ignorant simply because my opinions differ from yours?

I hope that with your intelligence and widsom, you can see how hypocritical you are.

Last edited by sharpyzu on Sat Oct 06, 2012 10:10 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Gunzlinger
Gravedigger [Retired]

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:09 pm

Easy solution would be to fix the price of TE at either 1$ or 100k Luna in the shop. You could impose a maximum limit buyable per day through Luna to prevent excess flooding. Discuss?
Also. While I don't necessarily approve of buying boxes for 30$, I don't really care either way - game gets supported. The only thing that I think is "wrong" is using a 3rd party tool to farm, as it increases inflation and is strictly against the ToS.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Clocks - Just close the thread   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:13 pm

>___<
Back to top Go down
zTrace

zTrace

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:14 pm

When you create an account you agree not to cheat or use any 3rd party programs/etc. By using a PAYPAL or whatever usage to buy an item, you are breaking TOS.
Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:16 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
QQ

Your logic is not sound. </sarcasm>

Besides ad hominem being your favorite phrase, you are openly condoning illegal activity, within the scope of the game, by justifying it.

sharpyzu wrote:
I am a dumbass simply because my views conflicts with your views?

No, you are a dumbass because you don't think before you post. How can paying money to support the game developers be different than paying money to somebody who exploited the game for their own monetary gain? Apparently to you they are the same -- I can understand why since you're so proud of not having money so this is irrelevant to you.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 10:26 pm

Thread locked (unfortunately too late) because any topic about paying money in Fantasica seems to devolve into arguments and name-calling. Next time this happens, any participants (on either side of an argument) may find themselves temporarily suspended.

Beltane earlier summarized my arguments. My biggest issue against RMT is potential botters who flood the market with cheap TEs.

Whatever your stance is on real money trading, the forum has a zero-tolerance policy on anyone attempting to engage in it, in line with Mobage/Silicon's terms of service.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency
Page 2 of 2Go to page : Previous  1, 2