Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency

Go down 
+11
Valhades
larrydust
pnoytroi
Dark Knlght
cuddytime
Admin
Strenhelden
monkeyagent3
Blargod
clocksprocket
Purinsu
15 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Purinsu

[Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency Empty
PostSubject: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:03 am

I'm wanting to ask/discuss why time elixirs are being used as currency during this time. I've played the game for several months now, and I find it frustrating that people are only/mostly accepting Time Elixirs for currency.

Time elixirs do not hold a static value, and they are definitely going to be limited in quantity due to the way the developers removed the ability to obtain them from daily gifts. So with this in mind, how would anyone but the older players be able to afford to trade for anything? Aren't the newer players shafted? You can argue that newer players can trade or sell their Time Elixirs for 2-3 a piece per 4* - granted, 4*'s are pretty hard to come by for the new player (that's around 200-400k), but then the players who are holding the Time Elixirs are old players, they don't need or want those 4*'s. Unless they're maxed or something, which takes a ridiculous amount of time to grind for, especially for a new player.

I sold 30 or so before the Dark Elves event, which netted me a ton of Luna that I was happy to have since I thought I could hoard it up to eventually buy a 5*. It seems that's not even possible now, with everyone mostly accepting Time Elixirs.

While I do understand that Time Elixirs are useful and valued because they are helpful for the events if you want to acquire a high ranking - as a currency they are going to become scarce because the trade-able Time Elixirs are not being generated from daily gifts as before. You see everyone's trading post state that they're buying for 80-120k. Hardly anyone is selling. This can't be something that will continue to be the case, can it? There's way too much demand, not enough supply.

Someone enlighten me, whether you agree or disagree, whether you think I have a point, or if you think I'm an idiot/moron/other-derogatory-term, or whatever you have to say about it. I'm not getting the current economy - I'd like to hear other point of views.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 11:42 am

I've mentioned this before, but while I've never played the game, I know that Rage of Bahamut has a very similar system (using their equivalent of TE as currency, and their equivalent of Luna being almost worthless). A lot of that comes from poor management and rampant cheating though, I think.

I was worried about the advent of (P) elixirs as well. And I have definitely seen the price inflate in the past few weeks I've been around. However, one thing to note is that there are occasional injections of tradeable elixirs into the economy -- whether through events (Mina's Trials) or the 30elix-per-kiki because Mobage screwed up.

And as you mentioned, elixirs are useful for one thing -- the top players spend around 2k elixirs or more to get into top 10-20 during events, which typically nets them a 6*. And because 6*s are rare and coveted, it's not that surprising that they are tradeable for around ~2k elixirs themselves.

How sustainable this is, I'm not sure. I worry about botters and people selling/buying TE cheap with real currency.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 1:21 pm

It seems to me that we're headed to where RoB is going although it probably wouldn't be that grave in the end. The real problem is that Luna has little value in this game (not as bad as RoB but still bad). Even if people could just purchase feeder 1* cards for like 2k luna a piece, or 2*s for 10k a piece, there would be a much better gold sink.

What I'm trying to get at here is that most people would only accept TEs for trading 5-6*s since hoarding Luna (especially for people who have already maxed skills) has almost no functionality in purchasing anything, really.

If nothing changes, I think we'll probably see that TEs will to continue to increase in price (not much people farming them anymore) and we'll probably see that Luna will only be able to purchase up to 4* cards.

Back to top Go down
monkeyagent3
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
monkeyagent3

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:21 pm

TEs are now inflating but players still keep the price of 5* and 6* at the same ridiculous price
It's funny
Back to top Go down
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 5:56 pm

There are probably several reasons why Elixirs are the real currency.

1) As has been mentioned, Luna is not particularly useful outside of enhancing, and maxing out your skills. Hoarding luna makes no sense. In the end, you still need to find someone selling elixirs.

2) Elixirs are portable, and much more trade-able than cards or luna. People value cards differently, so the cards themselves are not so easily traded on a one to one basis. Often trades get worked out where one person "tops up" the trade with some elixirs. On the other hand, you can roughly assign an elixir value to cards.

3) There's a somewhat vicious cycle where the top players spend a couple thousand elixirs to win prizes during events, then are able to recoup this by selling the prizes, also for a few thousand elixirs. This however, requires a lot of dedication to the game during the event, which not everyone can do.

In the end, I think it still remains very difficult to get a 6* card without spending money. 5* cards are possible. But I was only able to trade up to a 6* by selling the 5*s that I pulled from buying packs for elixirs, then buying the 6* with elixirs...
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:10 pm

I have no want for 6* units. I don't really need to max my skills because of that. I don't participate in events since I'm not going to spend tons of time and money when I could invite my fiance to a nice dinner or buy a new jacket (I like jackets alot. Get at me.) My allies are really chill people, so I have no reason to show off to anyone. My only real (kinda) goal is to fill up my monster album but those are cheap. I just play to kill time and just chill with strangers. I have no real need for elixers, but it's evident that it's getting a bit out of hand.

Yeah, I'm guilty of charging elixers but I've been forced to abandon Luna so I can get the cards I want. For the players who really want to progress, it's quickly becoming a "drop a dime or GTFO" kind of game. Yeah, it's fairly easy to get 5*s now since there are so many and they've become kinda common. For the players who want to earn everything legitly then it's much more troublesome to even get a 4* now.
Back to top Go down
cuddytime

cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:16 pm

i think there's an exploit for time elixirs... even with the vast # of players... a majority of the time elixirs should've been used by now.
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:17 pm

cuddytime wrote:
i think there's an exploit for time elixirs... even with the vast # of players... a majority of the time elixirs should've been used by now.

Hm... you're right.

Go on?
Back to top Go down
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]
Dark Knlght

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:19 pm

You can buy TE in the shop...did I miss something?
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:48 pm

Dark Knlght wrote:
You can buy TE in the shop...did I miss something?
You mean the shop that no one uses? I don't think anyone in their right minds would spend a dollar for a single TE. If you had money to spend like that, you'd might as well just purchase a box.
Back to top Go down
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]
Dark Knlght

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 6:59 pm

Val got offered a ridiculous amount of TE(10000 I think) for his Black Dragon convert...thats a crap ton of trading to get them...
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:03 pm

Probably that person got those when people were still making a ton of feeder accounts.
Back to top Go down
cuddytime

cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:11 pm

Crowex wrote:
cuddytime wrote:

Hm... you're right.

Go on?
I'm not talking about elixir farming... just straight exploits...

Back to top Go down
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]
Dark Knlght

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:12 pm

10000 though thats a lot of accounts. If they put that much effort into the real game they'd just about be unstopable.
Back to top Go down
cuddytime

cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:22 pm

no what it means is that whoever bought georgios has:

1) more than 10K elixir
2) doesn't care about elixir as currency (stemming from #1?)
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:29 pm

I got what I needed from the mega boxes, so happy with that. No need to compete for the 6* card prizes.

I have some elixirs, but not enough to get into the top 10-20 ranks. I only ever bought elixirs through the shop on time for $20 and nothing after that again (Venus Coliseum event).

For me the game has moved on to passing/killing the time and chatting with you guys :-) And if I do decide to participate, as long as I can get a 5* I'll be happy haha. :-)
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:30 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
I got what I needed from the mega boxes, so happy with that. No need to compete for the 6* card prizes.

I have some elixirs, but not enough to get into the top 10-20 ranks. I only ever bought elixirs through the shop on time for $20 and nothing after that again (Venus Coliseum event).

For me the game has moved on to passing/killing the time and chatting with you guys :-) And if I do decide to participate, as long as I can get a 5* I'll be happy haha. :-)

Don't quote me though , I'll still buy boxes during events lol
Back to top Go down
cuddytime

cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:36 pm

did the math... there is potentially 691M farmed elixirs out there... (far less imo)
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:38 pm

I have to admit that I'm guilty of asking for TE's for everything as well. I have been trying to plan out a route to 6★, and unfortunately 6★'s mostly trade for other 6★'s or TE's. Since I don't have any 6★'s to trade, I have to go the TE route. I would rather have luna as my main currency, but that isn't the way the market is going. Perhaps if the Shop had the option to purchase TE using luna, then luna would have value. In the current atmosphere, it is very easy to liquidate TE to luna, but it can take some time or effort to go the other direction. As one poster had mentioned, once all skills have been maxed, there are very few options that remove luna from the economy. However, every time a new event comes by, tens of thousands (perhaps hundreds of thousands) of TE are removed from the economy, preserving their value.

I do share in the thought that since the login bonuses became (P), it has become difficult for newer players to afford 3★ and 4★ cards. Not a whole lot can be done for the whole marketplace, but for my part, I do accept luna for anything 4★ and below, although I have small discounts for TE. But that's not due to me being nice, it's really about knowing your customer. 3★-4★ are usually sold to lower level players who have luna, not TE. 5★ and up are usually sold to people who have access to TE.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:51 pm

Actually I disagree with low-leveled players having a hard time getting 3*/4*s -- it's now easier than ever.

New players get 3TE (tradeable) from completing the tutorial. When they hit level 30, they can either trade those elixirs for luna (I'm buying at 100k each, for example, so that's 300k luna right there) or for cards directly (many 4*s go for around 2-3TE now).

Back to top Go down
Valhades
☆☆
Valhades

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 7:52 pm

cuddytime wrote:
no what it means is that whoever bought georgios has:

1) more than 10K elixir
2) doesn't care about elixir as currency (stemming from #1?)

At the moment I'm convinced that anyone who can afford to buy Georgios at the moment (10k+ TE) has either bought him with RMT or obtained those TE illegitimately -- either by botting, exploit, or purchased for real currency (you wouldn't believe how cheap these are for $). "Gold sellers" / TE sellers are the reason that TE price is inflating so rapidly. I would pay particularly close attention to anyone that has Georgios now that did not win top 10 in the event because everyone in the top 10 is not willing to sell him except for massive sums that even most high end players cannot afford.

gtmeteor() offered 12,000 TE and a middle tier 6* for Georgios. Just yesterday trade-down was spamming that gtmeteor() sells cards for real money. I can't vouch for the truth of that, although that would explain how he is able to purchase so many card packs and also keeps himself off Mobage's radar. I also find it extremely unusual he has that many TE (he has thousands more than that 12k I assure you) and buys any 6* with TE, even ones he is known to have multiple of. What would somebody do with that many?

I am aware of RMT in this game and have been monitoring it closely in recent days -- I hate to say it's been growing extremely rapidly. I know without doubt of several players who have purchased cards or TE via RMT, even registered on this very forum. I will avoid saying names, although I have removed myself as allies from these persons and reported them to Mobage -- whom I hope will take action. If the game continues on this course, it will be mandatory to use RMT to obtain all or any high tier limited edition cards. Please do not support RMT if you really want this game to succeed, you are just aiming it towards failure and thereby wasting your money anyways.

Support the developers and buy legit.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:03 pm

Yeah, I am getting worried about 1) botting and 2) the RMT market. I am really glad our forum here doesn't support it. And if you guys knew how much TE are selling for in real-$ terms, you'd probably get surprised and worried as well.

It might sound silly, but I urge you to report to Silicon if you know of anyone doing real money trading.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:10 pm

What does RMT stand for?

And how do you guys know of the black market for TE/cards?

If you guys can find people who get cards/TE through illegal means, its much better to report the seller than the buyer. 
The buyer is more like a victim, besides, getting rid of one buyer only gets rid of one. getting rid of one seller means
 getting rid of many potential buyers.

Last edited by sharpyzu on Sat Oct 06, 2012 8:19 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:13 pm

sharpyzu wrote:
What does RMT stand for?

And how do you guys know of the black market for TE/cards?

If you guys can find people who get cards/TE through illegal means, its much better to report the seller than the buyer. The buyer is more like a victim, besides, getting rid of one buyer only gets rid of one. getting rid of one seller means getting rid of many potential buyers.
Real money trading. Although I don't suggest people go looking for it.

Buyers are definitely not victims. They know exactly what they're doing, and that's reaching into their wallet and sending money over paypal for a card. The issue is most sellers and buyers take care to protect their names & IDs, so it's hard for a normal user to report anyone doing it. But if you know someone's identity, or see someone doing it somewhere, then definitely report it -- might help spur Mobage/Silicon into action.
Back to top Go down
zTrace

zTrace

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 06, 2012 8:58 pm

When i started this game, I was like How the fuck am i gonna get 330 TE for a simple 5* card??? I then heard what you had to do, and was like "Seriously, whats the point?" Thankfully I actually PLAY 12-15 hrs during events which usually lands me in the top 200~ish.. although this one i played less. And for all this trading for real money, whats the point? at the end of the day its a virtual game. real money > Any game out there. but i guess some people are just desperate. [I do see the inflation going down a bit though.] A max 5* is now like 180... and it used to be like 400TE... Normal 5*[lvl1] are like 80~ish.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency   [Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[Discussion] Time Elixir as Currency
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next