Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

need help understanding

Go down 
+5
Ghost_Star
Sabin76
MythSearcher
Unknownkid
xaguyunderyoux
9 posters
AuthorMessage
xaguyunderyoux

need help understanding Empty
PostSubject: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 9:44 am

I'm pretty new to this game and very new to this board. I hear terms like grinding bp te and such and I want to know what they mean. I asked someone what does grinding mean and they said something like s>4te for 4* or something like that. very confusing. also I would like some 5* and 6* cards but idk if I have anything worth trading and how do I get them? and what's the point if leveling up your profile past 31?
Back to top Go down
Unknownkid
☆☆☆
Unknownkid

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 10:12 am

Welcome to the Fantasica Unofficial Forums! Welcome to the World of Fantasica, where the prices of cards have gotten ridiculous in the player market, too many female units with chests designed by marketing strategists, events that are ruled by the ones, who empty their wallets faster than Bolt and... ehem. ^^;

To answer your questions...

"Grinding BP TE"
I think you mean "grinding BT". At the moment, there is the event called "Gates of Darkness" on the go and you can gain "BT Points" by doing quests or by clearing a Gate from the Event itself. You need these Points in order to get rewards if you've reached a certain amount or if you want to compete against the others in the Rankings.

If you want to know more about this event, click this link below:
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t7111-panel-the-gate-of-darkness-may-30th-june-11th

S>4TE for 4*
"S>" or "WTS" means "I'm selling" or "I Want to Sell"

"TE" is the Time Elixir. It's that clock item, that you can get by clearing certain events or by buying them with Moba Coins. You actually use them to reset the cooldown timer of quests. It's also currently one of the two "currencies" in the game. Most of the players are buying/trading cards with this.
So in this example, the person is selling 4-Star-Cards for 4 Time Elixirs each.

There are similar terms in the market like "LF" (=Looking For) or "WTB"/"B>" (Want To Buy) or "WTT" (Want To Trade).

"Pots" are reffering to the Potions that you can also sometimes get for free from events. You can also buy these with cash.

-----------------

Concerning 5* and 6* Cards..

The cheapest 5* you can get is for like 7-10TE. You should take a look at the 5* Card List though to get an overview of the strongest and weakest units. The cheapest card is probably Fiona. I personally would try to save up your TE until you have about ~20+. Cards such as Bernhard, Siever, Diane, Ivy, Sleipnir, etc.

The cheapest 6* out there is Alexander for about 30-40TE. But don't get too excited! He doesn't get love from anyone, since his stats are just so bad. Razz
Good 6*s start with ~80-100TE depending on the seller/trader.

For more information and guides to help you through, why not check out this section of the forums:
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/f5-fantasica-encyclopedia
Back to top Go down
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeSat Jun 01, 2013 8:52 pm

xaguyunderyoux wrote:
I'm pretty new to this game and very new to this board. I hear terms like grinding bp te and such and I want to know what they mean. I asked someone what does grinding mean and they said something like s>4te for 4* or something like that. very confusing. also I would like some 5* and 6* cards but idk if I have anything worth trading and how do I get them? and what's the point if leveling up your profile past 31?

Grinding basically means doing the same quest over and over again to gather a lot of the same things.
In normal times, grinding a single level grants you exp for your unit. For heavy grinders, people usually go for quest 2-7, which gives you most exp per min.(virtually zero cool down)
During events, however, people grind for event BT Pts (Which I suspect some people will shorten it to BP? I usually just call them pts, but easily confuse with the item pots) or event items(which will be available in some events)
In Panel events like the current one, you get a certain amount of BT pts in each quest (0 for the first 4 chapters) and people grind for it day and night in order to get the BT pts rewards(see event rules page in game) and for competing for ranking.

Grinding for TE, in which I just heard of this term, is not hard to understand the meaning.
Rich people don't like to grind, the prefer paying for stuff, and you can get exp by feeding cards to target. So people buy feeders to level up their cards. But the required luna is quite a lot when feeding an already high lv card, so people like to feed high lv 4*s to gain a lot of exp with little cards.
In this case, people like to buy maxed 4* cards or at least lv 40 4*s, and are willing to pay with TE for them. The current market price seems to be 4TE for each maxed 4* and 2TE for each lv 40 4*.
People are likely to buy these during enhance boost, which just ended before this event, but all panel events will have enhance boost in one of the panels.(from past experience) and during any events that you can get fresh 6*s. Getting a lot of lv 6 2* to level up your 4*s to lv 40 and sell them is also a way to gain TE.(having 10~15TE will get you some cheap basic 5*s) Also, since 4*s are more expensive, people also will buy 3*s as feeders, but since you get less exp out of them, five lv 10 3*s is about 1TE, but is usually harder to sell.(you can get 3* monsters from later chapters in Training, people like to do 26-5, since it got 2* and 3* at the same time)

In case you don't know, TE, or Time Elixir, a long with Potions(pots), is the main currency in this game, Luna is pretty much worthless(in rare occasions you see people buying millions of luna with a single TE)
And free new players usually need to collect TE to buy 5* and 6* from other players.
And to be honest, I see having a 5* as the basic starting point of this game in its current state, its relatively easier to acquire now than when the game had just started, and some really rich players will use them as feeders.
(When I started the game, having a basic 4* team is pretty much as hard as having a 5* now.)
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeMon Jun 03, 2013 6:47 pm

Just FYI, that guy who responded to you in game was trying to rip you off as you are obviously a new player... unless the 4* was maxed, in which case he would have said, "s> m4* for 4 te"

Just a warning, do some research here or in game on card prices before you get into trading.

Also, don't use ANY TE or pots that are tradable unless you really know what you are doing. As stated above, they are your currency. Luckily, the game will prioritize the non-tradable versions for you if you have them and want to use them.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 9:05 am

xaguyunderyoux wrote:
and what's the point if leveling up your profile past 31?

dont think this got answered but some skills like ground attack +10% and battle seasoned which make your leader go from 5* to 6* can only be unlocked if your profile level is at the requirement. Max level is 100.

also check out this thread for common fanta terms:

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t859-fantasica-lingo-and-forum-terminology
Back to top Go down
xmach
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 11:09 am

It helps to plan ahead. For instance instead of taking 1 TE for 12-20 Wake stones in last event I took 1 Fresh 4* for 12 WS. Knowing there was a 7-12 day Panel Event (requires grinding same quest over and over) I knew I Would level up 3-4 4* units during the event so at end I'd have 12-16 TE worth of cards I could sell rather than the 2-4 pure TE i'd have gotten for the WSS.

Plan ahead for events and conserve your TE/POTS can save you weeks/months on acquiring 5* and 6*s.
Back to top Go down
Kazar1000

Kazar1000

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:07 pm

Thanks! I get messages frequently that I don't understand.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:18 pm

Kazar1000 wrote:
Thanks! I get messages frequently that I don't understand.

turn your phone right side up? I like bacon.
Back to top Go down
Kazar1000

Kazar1000

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:23 pm

Ha! Great advice!
I meant the messages on my profile fulla wts and stuff that dn't make sense to me. Especially if I get a good card then my profile will get blown up and I don't know.what any of it means.
Back to top Go down
Abyssight
☆☆☆☆
Abyssight

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:31 pm

Kazar1000 wrote:
Ha! Great advice!
I meant the messages on my profile fulla wts and stuff that dn't make sense to me. Especially if I get a good card then my profile will get blown up and I don't know.what any of it means.
When you draw a 5* or 6* unit from card packs, your profile will show up on the rare card report (commonly called RCR). Your profile page will turn into an advertisement board for some time until other people draw rare cards to bump you off the RCR. The messages are usually intended for everyone. Sometimes people will send offers to buy your newly drawn unit. 99% of the time the offer sucks, especially if your profile looks like an inexperienced player.

wts/wtb/wta = want to sell/buy/album.
Back to top Go down
Kazar1000

Kazar1000

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:35 pm

What does it mean to want to album?
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:39 pm

Kazar1000 wrote:
What does it mean to want to album?

Your 'Album' is a list of cards you've ever had. Once it's in your album you can view the card art at any time through the Profile button.

"Albuming" is trading cards so it gets put in your album then trading the card back to the owner.

There's no in-game benefit to having a lot of cards albumed, it's just for-fun. There's also no way to guarantee the other person will trade back the card you gave them to album so you'll see people getting scammed every now and then.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:42 pm

Kadaan wrote:

There's no in-game benefit to having a lot of cards albumed, it's just for-fun. There's also no way to guarantee the other person will trade back the card you gave them to album so you'll see people getting scammed every now and then.

well there is a skill related to how many cards you've albumed but its so low that you will get it quite easily.

And the short hand for albuming is as follows:

LTA - looking to album
WTA - will to album
NFA - not for album

dont let people pressure you into trades or albuming. the harder they try the more likely they are trying to scam you.

if you are on the RCR just put 'NFS/NFT/NFA' (ie not for sale / trade / album) on your profile status and that should put most people off opening trades with you. and if they do anyway just trade lock them by not responding until you fall off... you are capped at 5 open trades at a time so this should stop new ones from coming in.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 3:57 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
if you are on the RCR just put 'NFS/NFT/NFA' (ie not for sale / trade / album) on your profile status

AHA! I always read that as "Not for sale, not for trade, not for ANYTHING!" lol
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 4:31 pm

Kadaan wrote:

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitimeTue Jun 04, 2013 7:25 pm

Kadaan wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
if you are on the RCR just put 'NFS/NFT/NFA' (ie not for sale / trade / album) on your profile status

... so did I Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: need help understanding   need help understanding I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

need help understanding
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: