Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?

Go down 
+123
Soggytoaster
wowyogurt
jacobhayes1234
luvdapeace
Ghostics
Ryokushin
Spinneret
myad
Cuny
Nooblack
Naeads
Fanta_Lover
LeviathanTM
Uriel
Asgard
tomoyo
tav1990
iViaiV9o
bleachcosplay
gaillardia
KeyBlade
PhoenixForce88
bx65
Schaden
Mia-San
TypeAlpha
Brokenluckx3
Thyruz
Alien1st
Aniwo
Raredith
HoundR
Callanthe
lmnseason
darkcaesar
Chioo
zSly
nuxxvomica
orionknight
FateXero
royvanewijk
ChibiLeen
Kadaan
Alynn
RoyalGargoyle
DerpaDerpa
themadmanazn
domrep
duhmichael17
joeladams20
blive4000
Brisingal
yjrigsby
Jana198709
itsukiya
abendwolke
r0en
Lastdinosaur681
predator852
Lydia_H_Christ
mct007tc
motoh
ayurina
aniken671
Lights337
FastfoodJesus
DLC123G
DosojinDaniel
conductings
triforcex
aszutai
bongun4
Grimblade88
tsunonlau
Yamadipati
Whenesday
onidis
IntegrityRise
ShadowDivide
Avyel
Hadrael
zoebeagle
gutochan
Danaerys83
RisingAboveThis
SeikoTheWiz
keroberus2
eskoi
tzerherman
CreativeCC
Katybug99
gamkins
po1102
Varis
Admin
MiyamaMizuki
clocksprocket
pnoytroi
zTrace
ragnarok
beltane-flames
ohzark
fatmatt75
SwordArtist
cuddytime
King-Shawe
Cam
memphiskite
Gunzlinger
ivansensei_
solascension
ElysianField
Sladestar
Dark Knlght
basiliskeye
JackNABox
profile4
Curasa
Xzaral
LatinLegacy
n00face
JaeKun
unicornpower777
127 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next
AuthorMessage
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 13, 2012 10:46 am

Let's stay off both religion and politics in this topic.

I honestly think it's very simple -- this game is "easier" to play when you have cash to drop on it -- and while plenty of teens have parents that will gladly fork over cash (whether to not have to deal with parenting, or because they have money, or whatever) it's probably that these people are playing other games or spending it on other things that give more reward for the buck. That and it's hard to say, "mom I want $30!... for this iphone game.... okay can I have another $30?"

Not to say that everyone here (no matter what age) is paying money for the game, or anything, but the people who are are probably older.

That said, when I was young (12-13 or so, and up) I was just as prolific then as I am now and would have joined a forum quite fast. :p

I did remember someone in the game claiming they were 12 and bitching about school once, and I was thinking damn, please stop giving away your age on the internet/on a game. The chance of you getting scammed goes up like mad, and it's not something to flaunt around. No
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSun Oct 14, 2012 9:44 am

CS killed this topic

Razz
Back to top Go down
fatmatt75

fatmatt75

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 15, 2012 12:56 am

I guess out of all the people whom have responded, I'm the youngest?

Anyway, fantisica forum was actually one of the options that popped up in the search box when I typed in "fantisica". I actually didn't know forums like this exist more because this is actually the first "major" game I've played on a mobile device which is due to the fact that I don't own an Iphone or Android(I'm playing on a 3rd or 4th gen ipod- I can't remember :p)

Having said that, it feel that the main reason why people my age don't really play games like this is that the gratification for this game isn't as instant or as worth it(debatable) as compared to majority of the other games out there seeing as it takes alot of resources to "succeed" in this game. The battles in this game aren't as interactive or as engaging as other games. I'm actually a sucker for TDs but having played a huge amount before, I didn't want to play a stereotypical TD.

Of course, this is just based on my observations from the people around me. And as CS has said, lets leave religion out of this. I mean, discussing about religion in an internet forum about a game which has nothing to do with said religion(s) seems kinda pointless :p
Back to top Go down
Yamadipati

Yamadipati

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 16, 2012 11:47 pm

Well, i dunno. I'm 29, with a wife and kid. Still enjoying all this.

I rarely chunk out real cash unless there is a certain event with a worthwhile reward comes in.

I also collect figurines as my main dish, I'll post my MFC link after the 7 days limit is lifted but my MFC name is Yamadipati too.

There's more but some might want to read it some don't.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:17 am

Yamadipati wrote:
Well, i dunno. I'm 29, with a wife and kid. Still enjoying all this.

I rarely chunk out real cash unless there is a certain event with a worthwhile reward comes in.

I also collect figurines as my main dish, I'll post my MFC link after the 7 days limit is lifted but my MFC name is Yamadipati too.

There's more but some might want to read it some don't.
Spoiler:

My curious side is asking things.

but what does otaku mean?
Back to top Go down
Yamadipati

Yamadipati

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 7:43 am

ElysianField wrote:
My curious side is asking things.

but what does otaku mean?

She loves animes, mangas and doujins (comics) and figurines. She cosplays from time to time as she is affiliated with a certain local cosplay team.

But lately she doesn't do it anymore to let younger ones than her that fits the shoes.

Rolling Eyes

In a sense i'm an otaku too of sorts, as you can see from the sig and avatar i made, i llike 仮面ライダー or Masked Rider.

Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 10:40 am

I don't understand why people go around calling themselves otaku. It has a bad connotation anywhere outside anime.
Back to top Go down
Avyel
Queen of the End [LEGENDARY]
Avyel

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:12 am

clocksprocket wrote:
I don't understand why people go around calling themselves otaku. It has a bad connotation anywhere outside anime.
In America and Europe, it really doesn't yet.

Mostly because they don't understand it, but still. XD

In Japan, it does everywhere BUT Akihabara. Akihabara is kinda like a safe-haven for otaku. -@__@-

Rest of Japan is just like, "eww you're grody to the max."

Also, Kamen Rider!!

Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 11:35 am

that's actually awesome to be able to do Surprised
Back to top Go down
Yamadipati

Yamadipati

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 12:46 pm

clocksprocket wrote:

Avyel wrote:
In America and Europe, it really doesn't yet.

Mostly because they don't understand it, but still. XD

In Japan, it does everywhere BUT Akihabara. Akihabara is kinda like a safe-haven for otaku. -@__@-

Rest of Japan is just like, "eww you're grody to the max."

Also, Kamen Rider!!

I understand the situation and the implications of that word

I choose that word for the lack of a single word that can be easily associated with anime, manga and figurine collecting to the english or western hemisphere in general.

Besides, typing "i like anime, manga and doujins, figurines with moderation. whereas an otaku is one who takes it to the extreme" is TL;DR in a sentence

so until that one word is created, discovered or derived in english i'll stick to otaku.

~ 3~)a
Back to top Go down
tsunonlau
☆☆
tsunonlau

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeWed Oct 17, 2012 4:15 pm

21 Next Month, Still legit to be kid-heart Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Grimblade88
Gravedigger [Retired]
Grimblade88

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:18 am

Haha, guess I'll come out as the oldest so far in the thread: 37 here.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 7:28 am

At least that's not old. Just oldest! Very Happy

I'm really glad we have a variety of users here, most of which aren't kids anymore. I don't think I'd be very happy moderating a forum of little kids. @_____@
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 8:18 am

^ you would be feeling as a babysitter more than ?

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
fatmatt75

fatmatt75

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 12:21 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
At least that's not old. Just oldest! Very Happy

I'm really glad we have a variety of users here, most of which aren't kids anymore. I don't think I'd be very happy moderating a forum of little kids. @_____@

I doubt that little kids would even be interested in a game like Fantasica. I mean majority of the little people that I know of like to play to "bite-sized" games like Angry Birds. Maybe its because a large majority of children have shorter attention spans.
Back to top Go down
bongun4

bongun4

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:00 pm

Danaerys83 wrote:
29 here. SO nice to see that so many people of a similar age to me play this Razz

so dang right. 28 here.

new gen kids = short attentionspan... correct. majority of the games that comes out are 3rd person shooters and action games..

gone were the times of xcom, civ, anno, warlords, heroes....

meh.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:48 pm

By little kids, I don't mean like 5 year olds. Anyone in the teen years, really. (And if that offends any teens -- trust me, I was on the internet way too much from 12-18 or so, and while I was definitely "mature for my age" I am pretty sure there were plenty of times I was an annoying fucker as well.)

By the way, polls/studies have been done that every generation thinks the ones that come after are shittier, more impolite, etc etc. Literally. Since like the 1900s. But the truth is, there's less drugs, crime, etc etc -- nothing that shows that "kids these days" are any more misbehaved than people used to be. Which is why I'd go against generalizing that "new gen kids" have shorter attention spans or anything -- could be so, what with technology, but I don't really think that's necessarily the case.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeThu Oct 18, 2012 4:57 pm

there's always the exception
Back to top Go down
fatmatt75

fatmatt75

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeFri Oct 19, 2012 6:47 am

This is the part where I whimper and say that I was only referring to the people around me.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:40 am

will be 28 in a few days, man I'm getting up there XD
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
triforcex
Soul Stealer [Retired]
triforcex

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 12:49 am

Wll I just turned 26 on the 16th of october. I work in the Oil/Gas field. (Sorry Crow.) I agree that kids now a days seem less intelligent but it's only because of all the stupid things we see them do. I mean you cant set a fart on fire anymore without someone recording it and posting it on the internet. This is the age of communication. The entire world is one community. I laugh regularly at the stupid shit kids do overseas on youtube. But think about it as young as we are could we watch videos online let alone post them when we were kids. Yeah we all worked on computers but we were never really connected with them.

Anywho.. Just to feel like my own kind of minority I'm a slacker and never went to college but i make good money doing what I do and I'm happy with it most of the time.

Speaking of kids getting themselves into stupid situations has everyone seen the bus driver knock out the chick on the bus in cleveland? Hilarious! Youtube Bus driver beats up girl. first link, click it.

Back to top Go down
conductings

conductings

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 1:34 pm

19, turning 20 on the 26th. The age range of players is surprisingly nice.
Back to top Go down
DosojinDaniel

DosojinDaniel

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeSat Oct 20, 2012 8:50 pm

Twiggity, twiggity, twenty six!
Back to top Go down
DLC123G

DLC123G

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 6:56 pm

21 Smile
Back to top Go down
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]
FastfoodJesus

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 7:12 pm

20, turning 21 in a month Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?   Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here? - Page 4 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Just out of curiosity... how old is everyone here?
Page 4 of 8Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8  Next