Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)

Go down 
+26
FoigordTuek
EdenLegaia
yuray
ZucchiniQueen
noobcake
Amoranis
wowyogurt
Keleos89
masta518
GoldoaWillNotMove
lace
HoundR
largepotato
Bobkyou
wonder246
aubade888
Willifer
Takajyo
Brokenluckx3
shadowmako
Timed
Asgard
aszutai
tomoyo
Lornoth
Blargod
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next
AuthorMessage
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) Empty
PostSubject: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 4:27 pm

ITunes Link
Google Play Link

Tried it a few days ago and I must say it's quite polished for a mobile game (e.g. battle music). The game is like mixing a farming game with what we know with the current Japanese TCGs to add more depth into it. The farming aspect is used to replenish your card's HP and attack (they act as soldiers) and to create more buildings, which is used to augment encounter rates, maximum vitality (like stamina in RoB or health in Ayakashi), maximum deploy amount, etc.

I THINK the game will be a hit in the future considering their prize rewards are much more generous with what we mostly see from Mobage games and from Zynga. I'll see if this game will keep me interested and won't make me feel like I'm hitting a brick wall as what D.O.T has made me feel.

*edit
From 115th on the top grossing apps (April 8, 2013) to the 4th on top grossing apps (June 24, 2013).

Criticisms:

-Translations aren't done very well so much so that some of the names listed aren't consistent.

-Fan service to the max. I'm not joking... All the cards are female and they endearingly call you "master."

-No trading? Arguably, most of the newer Japanese TCGs don't allow trading to preserve the value of cards and forcing/encouraging people to buy the premium currency. Some people may think of this as a down side but I find that most TCGs do relatively well without trading.

-Getting disconnected from the game prompts you to restart from their title page which takes quite awhile to load.
___________________________________________________________________________________________

Shamelessly adding my invite code: 2502v

*Many thanks to those who used my code

Last edited by Blargod on Sat Aug 03, 2013 1:50 pm; edited 8 times in total
Back to top Go down
Lornoth
☆☆☆☆
Lornoth

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 08, 2013 10:52 pm

The same music composer that did Dark Souls?

I'm in.

I'm also a Norse junkie so hopefully that's not just a title. Hahah
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 12:40 am

Lornoth wrote:
The same music composer that did Dark Souls?

I'm in.

I'm also a Norse junkie so hopefully that's not just a title. Hahah

Ahaha so you've noticed. Yeah the compopser is Motoi Sakuraba who made BGMS for the Tales Series, Valkyrie Profile, Golden Sun, and Dark Souls to name a few.

Nothing Norse-esque aside from the fact you're situated in some heaven like place... I mean you get weird creatures like zombies but it's still a girl... Maybe monstergirl-esque?

Since you're starting just a little tip... Don't use slimes immediately as feeders. Feed the slimes first before feeding them to rares. Keep Enchanters and Mechanics to convert/amalgamate into Androids. WHen evolving, use the succession arcana as well.
Back to top Go down
tomoyo
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 09, 2013 5:07 am

I've played this quite alot Very Happy

Super tip: Max your N slimes. Feed it to anything. Instant Max. R, HR, SR, all will be maxed with 1 lv30 slime.
Metal slime works too, use lv20 metal slime + 6-7 N cards, instant max.

I like this game simply because you can get the rarest cards without money. Just be patient and work at killing AW, they'll drop SR cards for you.

They're also pretty generous with jewels (mobacoins) and the maiden tickets, and you can buy their version of TE/pots using maiden tickets, which you earn in the game.

On hold now for this Fanta event though Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 12:57 am

Another interesting game, I'll be giving it a shot. Thanks Blargod Very Happy
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 11:56 am

aszutai wrote:
Another interesting game, I'll be giving it a shot. Thanks Blargod Very Happy
NP. I haven't regretted playing it yet... Then again, that was the same feeling I got when I first started Fantasica. At least this isn't mobage though.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 5:27 pm

Lol, we'll find out how this game will fare in another month or two XD
Back to top Go down
Lornoth
☆☆☆☆
Lornoth

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 6:17 pm

Well i must say i've gotten sucked into this game. It's actually drawn me away from fantasica, and that's saying something. I haven't quite gotten the knack of evolving or amalgamation or anything, but i've taken the advice in this thread and things seem to be going well.
It's definitely fun, not sure how long it'll be able to keep it up, but if it keeps up like this it could convert me completely from fanta hahah

EDIT- I do have a question that i can't seem to find anywhere; What are the ranks of cards? I mean obviously i've figure out R is better than N, but what the the "sub" sort of ranks, i.e. HN, HR etc etc.?
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 12:15 am

^
From what I understand, it's N, HN, R, HR, SR, and HSR. Not so sure though if there are base HSR cards or if these are only obtained through evolution of SR cards.

The number of stars on the card indicate how much it can be evolved. For example, dragon knight is a normal card with 4*s. This would mean that she could be evolved at least 4x before reaching a new rarity.

Last edited by Blargod on Fri Apr 12, 2013 5:03 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:20 am

My soldier upkeep is killing me, kept running out of resources since I have to constantly re-supply soldiers lost in battle X( Am I doing something wrong here?

Btw, anyone tried the medal exchange option in the edit menu yet?
Back to top Go down
Asgard

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 3:26 am

Blargod wrote:

Since you're starting just a little tip... Don't use slimes immediately as feeders. Feed the slimes first before feeding them to rares. Keep Enchanters and Mechanics to convert/amalgamate into Androids. WHen evolving, use the succession arcana as well.

Specifically, level them to level 30.
A level 30 slime will max out any card, no exceptions.

Level 29 and below do not have anywhere near the potency of a maxed (level 30) slime.

Slimes are common enough that they can be used pretty liberally though.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 11, 2013 10:26 am

aszutai wrote:
My soldier upkeep is killing me, kept running out of resources since I have to constantly re-supply soldiers lost in battle X( Am I doing something wrong here?

Resources are scarce in the start. What I did was the I put a crap defense and my attack team was just 1 unit with lots of soldiers while the other two had only 1 soldier. Minimizes losses and you still gain friendship points with girls even if you treat them like dirt.

@Asgard
That's interesting to know. Didn't know they worked that way.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 12, 2013 4:49 pm

Blargod wrote:
aszutai wrote:

Resources are scarce in the start. What I did was the I put a crap defense and my attack team was just 1 unit with lots of soldiers while the other two had only 1 soldier. Minimizes losses and you still gain friendship points with girls even if you treat them like dirt.

@Asgard
That's interesting to know. Didn't know they worked that way.

Thanks for the tip, maxed my main attacker and shift focus a bit on building up resources instead, working fine so far Smile
Back to top Go down
Timed
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Timed

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 6:23 am

Nubee is probably my favorite game company as all their games are very free to play friendly

this game and samurai Empire are probably my favorite games at the moment (both give a chance to get their version of a 6* in all events free)

I prefer the samurai empire one though (you need 8 of the same event Evolvable card to make it a super card)
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 13, 2013 12:42 pm

Timed wrote:
Nubee is probably my favorite game company as all their games are very free to play friendly

this game and samurai Empire are probably my favorite games at the moment (both give a chance to get their version of a 6* in all events free)

I prefer the samurai empire one though (you need 8 of the same event Evolvable card to make it a super card)

I have high hopes for these new games they're creating. The game was released on March the 15th (international version) and it already has 50k downloads (I remember Fantasica got only 8k downloads even after a whole month) and is already 115th on the top grossing apps.

They just need to maintain the player base and advertise their games more (the same way mobage shamelessly links all of their games) because the business model definitely works for free players and those at the fence in deciding as to whether or not to spend.

Dunno why as well but seems like Zynga is getting into a bit of trouble in these past few months:
http://techcrunch.com/2012/12/30/zynga-shuts-down-petville-fishville-mafia-wars-2/
http://venturebeat.com/2013/02/25/zynga-shuts-baltimore-studio-and-consolidates-three-other-locations/
Back to top Go down
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 22, 2013 12:33 pm

I downloaded this a bit ago. Seems like it'll be fun. I just have one gripe.

Not even 3 minutes out of the tutorial I got my White Tablet stolen in battle.
3 MINUTES. Granted I got another one during my second campaign, but still I think there should be a new player grace period.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 4:06 pm

Treasure cards are hard to maintain at the very beginning of the game since cool down for duels are 5 minutes or lower (with the Saloon structure). I'd abstain from defending the tablet until you have a 3 rares with full soldiers to defend it or 2 HRs.

Also, the white one (along with red) is one of the rarer ones, I believe.

Also, anyone thinking of forming an alliance for Valkyrie Crusade?
Back to top Go down
Brokenluckx3
☆☆
Brokenluckx3

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 5:26 pm

I just started playing this yesterday and I googled it and found this XD
The game seems cool but a bit confusing and I wish I could read the names of my comrades lol
But it loads a lot faster than fanta which is awesome, and the cards are less in-your-face slutty then some fanta cards. and so far all of them have been cute (no Ivys or Clarrissas so far) lol
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 23, 2013 8:56 pm

^
I generally like the art from RoB and Fantasica more since some of the artists they pick are really awesome. On the bright side, their artwork is consistent enough.

We're connected with the Japanese, Korean, and Chinese servers so... expect a lot of mistranslations and foreign names.

I'm also tempted to spend on that game since their prices are reasonable and the money that you spend will actually have a long lasting effect on the long term.

Back to top Go down
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:33 pm

Blargod wrote:
Treasure cards are hard to maintain at the very beginning of the game since cool down for duels are 5 minutes or lower (with the Saloon structure). I'd abstain from defending the tablet until you have a 3 rares with full soldiers to defend it or 2 HRs.

White one is def rare. I only have 2. I would have three if not for that attack 3 minutes outside of the tutorial. Boy I am never going to let that go. No game I have ever played has let me be attacked 3 minutes outside of the tutorial.

And now, I just tried doing a few of the event missions, got some items and got attacked for them in a matter of 5 minutes. All gone......This is VERY irritating. I just started a few days ago. There isn't much I can do, but it's irritating to keep getting beaten and having my stuff taken.

Is there even a point to leveling the card aside from extra stats later when evolving? My default card(forget the name atm) is L13 and I still have the same atk/def as L1.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:18 pm

shadowmako wrote:
Blargod wrote:

White one is def rare. I only have 2. I would have three if not for that attack 3 minutes outside of the tutorial. Boy I am never going to let that go. No game I have ever played has let me be attacked 3 minutes outside of the tutorial.

And now, I just tried doing a few of the event missions, got some items and got attacked for them in a matter of 5 minutes. All gone......This is VERY irritating. I just started a few days ago. There isn't much I can do, but it's irritating to keep getting beaten and having my stuff taken.

Is there even a point to leveling the card aside from extra stats later when evolving? My default card(forget the name atm) is L13 and I still have the same atk/def as L1.

Higher stats when you decide to evolve (I think it's 5% or 10% for rares?). Don't forget to use the Arcana Succession when you decide to evolve rares. The difference in stats for fully leveling right before an evolution is definitely worth it on the long run especially when you don't have much rares to work with.

The game is definitely overwhelming when I first began. As you get more of your structures and more rares to work with, it gets easier.
Back to top Go down
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 11:39 pm

I sought out some extra info a couple days ago. Mainly to figure out how to stop losing duels this early. General consensus seems to be I'm screwed until I can get better units like Android, which I made before I realized I should wait. But that will soon be rectified.

Still pisses me off my stuff gets ganked no problem. I really wish there was some kinda new player thing. At least 3 days or till L15 or something.
Back to top Go down
Takajyo

Takajyo

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:01 am

Hi, i also started playing VC 2 days ago.

My few cents as a newbie, dun bother the treasures or chronicle too much first. Concentrate on building up resources and buildings. You will definitely complete the treasures when you are stronger.

Also add comrades to max, they can help u alot on battle/archwitch and frdship pts which is required to draw the free cards.

Join or form an alliance so that you can request for assistance from comrades + alliance member during archwitch.
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 am

Well to be fair, you can also steal treasures from newer players when you actually have the cards to do so. Defending is difficult since putting the unit on defense means they can't be used for an attack team.

As for archwitch battles, it's definitely an opportunity to level you units as well. As for android, I really wouldn't use it as a main rare. It's not really powerful but it's primarily used to gain rare medals.

By the time you get a properly evolved android, you'd probably have other rares by then or rares from the treasure prizes.
Back to top Go down
shadowmako
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 12:28 am

Good freaking god I just got an item swiped by a L52! Seriously!? Have we heard of level penalty? The fact someone 20+ levels ahead of me can swipe my items is without any kind of penalty is absurd. I find this game fun but good lord there needs to be some new player safeguards. I mean, again, I did get attacked 3 minutes out of the tutorial. Which is a gamedom first for me.

True, I CAN steal from new players, but that's such a dick move.

First thing I did when starting was concentrate on resources, while roaming the campaigns. Had no idea I would be attacked this much in my first 3 days. Makes my time in Fantasica look like a stroll in a lush green park. This game's like you walked into the ghetto's of Detroit.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)   Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Valkyrie Crusade (IOS and Android)
Page 1 of 13Go to page : 1, 2, 3 ... 11, 12, 13  Next