Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Ally booting ettiquette

Go down 
+14
RisingKuuga
LivingNexus
Typhon
Esofonic
SnowTempest
Happiemealz
DeathGU1Se
Grazingcattle
MythSearcher
M60A1
flarex10
sharpyzu
Tashego
Genshijin
18 posters
AuthorMessage
Genshijin

Genshijin

Ally booting ettiquette Empty
PostSubject: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:32 pm

I wanted to survey you folks about what you do when you decide to let go of some allies. We all boot allies that haven't popped online in weeks at a time, but what if they're just not pulling their weight? Some people don't have a lot of time to grind and play all day, so their units fall a bit behind as we upgrade to 4*s, 5*s, and 6*s - or they are new/free players who take a bit longer to get stronger units. I know how important having a strong ally can be if you're a lower-level/free player.

But... I also want allies who can aid properly during events and boss fights, especially in the more competitive upper ranks. Yet I feel bad wanting to abandon players who are lagging behind me. Is it really their fault?

This weekend alone I had two players ask to ally me. I've got some people I want to cut, but I feel awful about doing it, especially since I send ally greetings daily and they'd KNOW that I cut them off. Should I try to explain why they're being cut? Or should I just do it and not look back?

Helping others is one of the things I enjoy most in this game, so this sort of thing is tough for me :\
Back to top Go down
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Genshijin
Tashego
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 6:51 pm

When I remove an ally, it's usually because they don't really talk to me or are in a different timezone so the ally system won't work well with us. But most importantly, if you are removing allies go for ones that have been inactive for a very long time.

Another thing I do when removing is sometimes I will leave a message to all allies stating something like "Removing inactive allies" or "Removing allies that don't talk to me" or "Need to make ally space, sorry if you are removed". And yes, removing allies without a notice will anger some. One time I removed an ally after he was done with Mina's Trials which angered him and caused him to repeatedly attack me and call his allies to attack me .___.

Long story short, you can't please everyone. Do what you feel is right and if it effects your allies in a negative way, then TRY to fix it (this will not always work out but atleast you tried)
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 7:15 pm

I am the type of person where I value loyalty very much.

In other games, when I just joined I'd join a weaker guild, and even when I become a good player (if I did) I wouldn't leave my guild for a stronger one no matter the benefit, unless everyone else I knew left as well.

So I would never kick active allies. Only allies I kicked have not played within 2.5 months.

Besides, normally I only use ~5ish allies, I don't really have a need for 10 monicas and vlads. So having some weaker ones makes me happy that I can help back, because a few nice people were willing to be my ally despite me not having a 6*, its my turn to return the favour for newer players.

But that's just me, I wouldn't hold it against someone for dropping a player who had a level 1 4* since july.

Sometimes players have their favorite card as their leader, not necessarily their best card. Like maybe they like the art or something. Maybe you can ask if they had a stronger card, or something?

Then when they don't answer you, you don't feel as bad dropping them. If they're really nice, then you can probably find someone else to drop, you have 30 spots anyway.
Back to top Go down
flarex10

flarex10

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 8:03 pm

I boot if you are inactive for a whole month. Unless you really helped me when i 1st started. having ally's with 6 star monsters is great ... but my fav. people are the 5 star and lowers, (ally points, talks more, etc.)

i'm going to have to agree with "sharpyzu", is telling pure truth imo.
Back to top Go down
M60A1
☆☆
M60A1

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:01 pm

I don't really feel bad booting allies. I pretend to be a general
Manager for a baseball team. If you don't have any good
Leaders, that I don't need I let them go or trade for a better
Ally. In addition, if you don't contribute, I'll let you go.
Furthermore, you don't communicate, I'll let you go.
I am not bias towards what rarity card they have.
I have an ally who strongest card is a Santa Karl, that
can barely get any event card, but is most
communicating and contributing. I need team players.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3355-the-thrift-shop-full-of
MythSearcher
☆☆☆☆
MythSearcher

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 9:23 pm

I only remove allies that don't go online for over a month, or those who clearly stated that they are quitting the game, changed their leader to a random lv 1 unit, and at least showed no sign of returning in at least 3 weeks, this is shown in the ally page, some of them are on last time on 1st Feb.

What I hate most are those who just remove me without telling me.
If you are going to remove me, at least leave a message on my wall, better if you tell me the reason for removal, be it not sending braves or because my leader is too weak or that it is just because you got a friend that recently joined and you really need that space.

This is reasonable etiquette.
Back to top Go down
Grazingcattle

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:09 pm

I don't have near the level of moral hesitation about kicking someone. Its a game and there was some reason that I had to do it much like when so and so kicked me.

I don't accept all requests. and my list isn't full. I am still looking for active motivated players as allies. As it fills up and I get a better working relationship with my allies that will change, but for now I see myself as "finding my way"
Back to top Go down
DeathGU1Se
☆☆☆☆☆
DeathGU1Se

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 01, 2013 11:58 pm

I only kick allies in order to get allies on this forum. If someone's on hiatus but they've treated me well in the past, I will not easily let them go. But I usually kick if they've been inactive over a week and haven't been of any use.

If I do kick someone, I usually message "Spring cleaning" to my allies. One of my allies I kicked actually messaged me. I was touched, I added him back. Never regretted that decision.
Back to top Go down
Happiemealz
☆☆☆
Happiemealz

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 12:23 am

I started the game off with 2* allies. I booted them to make space for 4*s. Then 5*s, and now every ally I have has at least one 6* to pull his/her weight. I would have kept the 2*s if they'd been able to match my pace because a competitive, active player needs similar allies.

I don't ever apologize; if you never explain, you never have to defend your actions. I've been de-allied before, too. I scratch my head for 10 seconds wondering who it was, then move on and fill the missing spot. Cos that's how Happiemealz rolls.

In short:

Ally booting ettiquette 4b410
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:20 am

Personally I just like allies that chat with me once in a while. Something to do other than just pure grinding for quests and events in game.

My usual rule is to just kick inactives who hasn't been around for about a week. Then if I want to add another ally, I would remove the one that I probably don't talk to much. On a few occassions, I have deleted one or two 6* allies for a 4* or 5*. Just mainly because they're more talkative and maybe just starting off, or have a Leader that I like Razz

I just want allies that I can get along with :3
Back to top Go down
Esofonic
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Esofonic

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 6:57 am

I like a talkative ally that stays rational within their head.

I spent most of the talking via kik though.. coz talking from wall to wall is very.. depressing with the fugly char limitation.

And I ever getting kicked before when my lead isn't strong enuff (only 4* xiahou dun at that time)..

Just like what other said, I dont usually kick ally, only those that inactive after certain period of time will be kicked.. Smile
Back to top Go down
Typhon

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 10:23 am

A whole month before booting wow that is gracious.

I boot after 3 days if you don't give me an "away notice". Twisted Evil
If you give a notice, I'll roll with yah unless I get desperate.

I try to have a eclectic assortment of allies.
You got to have 4-5 "All Stars" those 6 star allies that play alot and their units can help you.
I try to have 10 or so allies that are "my level" (current lvl 100, multiple max 5*) I use them for interaction and a barometer of how well I should be doing.
I try to have 10ish allies that are a step down from me (4* allies) with hopes that they use my lead to help them.
I also look to have 4-5 New players. The new players are a great source to reduce the amount of 4* I have that I don't need.

I send a specific notice to the person I am going to boot.
"I haven't seen you on in 3 days"
"gonna replace you with an active"

I would enjoy having more posters from here as allies, If I get requests I'll have to see how "unofficial" fits into my current scheme.
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 3:42 pm

I kick a person after five days, unless they're from the forums. Then I kick after seven days. Exceptions are if someone says they will be away or I REALLY need their leader (which hasn't really come up yet).

However, lately I have begun kicking any ally who doesn't at least have a max 4* lead, because those seem to be the laziest (I've maxed several by now and I've only been playing a month). Although it's crossed my mind, I don't feel the need to apologize or give an explanation (mainly due to the aforementioned character limit) because most of these random allies were accepted without a word, so I fell like I can let them go without a word.

Besides, if I drop someone for being inactive and they message me asking to ally back, then I can decide whether they're worth dropping someone for or not. But if I drop them and they never message me back, they weren't really worth keeping, were they?
Back to top Go down
RisingKuuga

RisingKuuga

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 5:01 pm

So long as I have active allies, I don't mind leaving people on there - but when it gets to be over a month since people have last logged on, I start to wonder. When it nears two months, it's just time to go so some fresh blood can come in.

I don't mean anything by it, but in a social game, you have to be social, you know?
Back to top Go down
Sunchoy

Sunchoy

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 02, 2013 8:38 pm

I don't really boot for people not being up to par with me in grinding. I guess my only reason for booting as of now is inactivity, though I'm a bit quicker than most people for booting (about a week or so of inactivity without notice gets the boot, unless I talk to you a lot then I'm alright) I like having active allies to talk to.. :p
Back to top Go down
Genshijin

Genshijin

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 03, 2013 4:52 pm

Some interesting discussion/ideas here!

Inspired by some of the posts here, I've come up with my own solution. I sent a message to my allies saying "I have to cut some folks, if you don't respond within *time period* saying you'd like me to keep you, you will be considered for being cut." About 2/3s of my allies responded within a few hours, so I know those guys are good. I sent a reminder the day after as well in case the original notice got knocked off some folks' walls.

I figure that if you really value me as an ally, you'll take the 30 seconds required to write a "keep me" message on my wall.

Out of those who don't respond, I'll consider on a case-by-case basis. Is their leader useful? Have I traded with that person? I'll likely free up 3-4 slots total.
Back to top Go down
http://myfigurecollection.net/profile/Genshijin
Roatanhi
☆☆
Roatanhi

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 1:37 pm

I give a week without notice, more if they were someone chatty. I almost always leave a reason and a note to come find me if/when they come back unless we've never spoken and they haven't leveled their leader in ages. If they come back, I'll happily add them again if I have the space. For the first time since I've started, I've gathered a complete list of active players and I cycle through whoever has leaders I can use, prioritizing those who still need ally points.

That being said, however, I don't kick based on card level -- the right 4★ can be more useful than the wrong 6★. One of my best allies has tons of maxed 4★s but nothing higher (yet) and they ALWAYS put out their best available lead for the current event, and that is something I really appreciate (for example, I don't care how awesome/sexy/rare your maxed melee unit looks if it's a quest grind that requires strong missile). It is an annoyance when people play cards that have no use in the current event... and then ask for ally points. TIP: Don't do that. Wink
Back to top Go down
LivingNexus

LivingNexus

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 3:19 pm

I did keep someone who switched from a 4* lead to a 3* lead for several weeks simply because they were one of my first allies, I had traded with them, and we generally had a good relationship. However, after a while of keeping that (unmaxed) 3* and very low activity, I decided that an empty ally slot was more valuable than an inconsiderate ally.

At present I only have a few allies who are not from the forums, and I keep them because they are generally more active and considerate than people I ally randomly. So when Aubade switches to a 3* lead out of nowhere, I know she's just being silly and isn't going to keep it up for three weeks tongue I'm also thankful to those with 6* leads who keep me on so that I can participate in events and the like.

As for leaving notes, earlier in the week I messaged my allies saying that anyone without at least a max 4* lead was getting cut. Some people laughed at me for it, but not a single one of those I cut messaged me back or seemed to make an effort to level their leader. I even waited two extra days for one guy to finish leveling his lv75 Tanith, but he never did, so I kicked him.
Back to top Go down
Brokenluckx3
☆☆
Brokenluckx3

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 07, 2013 4:56 pm

I feel bad cutting allies too, especially if I feel like they need me.
One time I unallied someone and they wrote on my wall the next day with a sad face saying I was one of their only active allies so I felt bad and I re-made room for them.

I usually only cut people that go inactive or dont talk to me but all of my allies are active now so its hard for me to get rid of any, especially if ive been their ally for a while.

I remember when Tofusniffer unallied me I was pretty sad, especially since I left them a sad face on their wall and they didnt say anything =/

but what it comes down to is you only have 30 spots and sometimes you gotta make room, decent people will understand and just find a new ally for your place ^_^
Back to top Go down
Momokomoko

Momokomoko

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 10, 2013 3:19 am

I only kick people off on my ally list when they are inactive and did not leave notice that they would be. On the other hand I know I'm a bit behind in terms of level from some of my allies. I'm thankful they haven't removed me yet. I just need 4-5 strong allies for events. After that, I dont mind playing big sis to other players. @_@
Back to top Go down
http://draeismomo.wordpress.com
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Ally booting ettiquette   Ally booting ettiquette I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Ally booting ettiquette
Page 1 of 1