Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

FreeT Players On Tower Events

Go down 
+15
Callanthe
Tattycoram
masta518
Mahjongisfun
RoyalGargoyle
Kimika9394
skrfirefly
po1102
ATB
rotarywhiz
memphiskite
bells
Ckrai
Ghost_Star
lmnseason
19 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3
AuthorMessage
Isylia
☆☆☆☆
Isylia

FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 3:29 pm

bells wrote:
masta518 wrote:
Ghost_Star wrote:
in this game you can buy your way out of farming, yes, however with units, te and pots being tradeable and those items being huge factors in arena, tower and training events it really does equalizes the playing field.

First, you need to realize that the event is heavily dependent on luck, and a mere 200 pots wont really get you anywhere. I guess if you're super lucky or something..., but I believe you are vastly underestimating just how difficult training events are to get a 6* even with proper planning.

As for your quote, I don't think that's true at all. Well, it is in a sense, but only if you have like 1000pots and luck on your side, which I consider completely irrelevant since it pushes past the 'plausible' to 'absurdity'. A better example is the panel event and Matahari, where getting her was possible with a combination of dedication and planning.

I always thought training events are more friendly towards paying gamers because of spikes which equals to a fix number of BT points and Charms. These spikes (other than the few given out as rewards) can only be purchased and are not tradable. The strategy then is how to coax your allies to stay active, lose boss fights and ask for assistance. I have seen people crying before that they had hundreds of spikes, but cant use them because their allies didn't ask for help.

I remember someone quit after SH2 becuz they had 80/120 spikes left by the end of event due to allies not calling for help. =/
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 9:27 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
im gona repeat myself here:

Ghost_Star wrote:
Matahari is not the only 6* obtainable by free players... in this event if a free player traded for cuni and spent as much time farming as they did in the sun & moon the would be able to get franc and easily rank. They could also do this with a event 5* and a supply of pots... of coarse they would need to be able to take down the bosses but really, these rewards and ranks should be out of reach for new players.

I will have put the same amount of time into this event as i did sun and moon, in sun and moon i got about 100k over the 5*, in this event i will get the 5* tomorrow or the day after, if i put an extra 5 hours in per day or spend 200'ish pots i would have franc. no question. free player. stop whining.

In this event:
30$ = 2,500 charms
2,500 charms = 8 to 10 hours of grinding or 16 to 20 pots

not that hard guys.

Like the others have said, you really underestimate this type of event. You really should amass a few hundreds pots and try burning them to see how hard this is.

With 200 pots burned on first day, I say you could only get ~18-19k charms, 91-92k left. You think you can get it with just grinding every 30 min?

I play from 9am to 3pm everyday, so that's 18 hours, burning ~100 pots each day; and I could only get around 13k charms because my allies are not as free as I am. You said you understand how this event works? However, you forgot the most important factor in this event, allies. Without good allies you can't beat bosses. Without dedicated allies you can't burn pots efficiently. Without helpful allies you can't even pay to win. This is totally not the same as panel event where you could just solo your way to the 6* prize.

Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 15, 2013 10:50 pm

Training is one of the worst event there is. Tower is always the best. Tons of 4* and cheap 5* monsters that can be recruited. Eventually, prices either go down or move up.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 16, 2013 9:20 am

I like training event. Like I said those who don't burn pots just don't find it engaging and requiring much more skills than the other events.
Back to top Go down
skrfirefly
☆☆☆
skrfirefly

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 1:25 am

lmnseason wrote:
Money don't come free. He who spends them will buy what he deserves. Those who work hard will achieve what they can achieve. It's not about being fair or unfair but being balanced.

Wise Words, Wise Words study
Back to top Go down
loniguseze
☆☆☆☆
loniguseze

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 2:11 am

frickenmoron wrote:
Yeah even if you spent 500 pots on a training event you still may get screwed and never meet the 6* boss during most runs for example.

The most efficient way (Cpt. Obvious speaking) was the 6* event unit paired with some decent amount of pots for the first 50 lvls atleast. Lets say around a very possible number of 100 pots.

There have been reports from ppl that used Cunni with having Isabelle on 30+ lvl and Constance at 70+ level. That amount gives huge amounts of BT and charms and cant compare to those ppl using the 5* or 4*.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 18, 2013 10:01 am

po1102 wrote:

Like the others have said, you really underestimate this type of event. You really should amass a few hundreds pots and try burning them to see how hard this is.

With 200 pots burned on first day, I say you could only get ~18-19k charms, 91-92k left. You think you can get it with just grinding every 30 min?

I play from 9am to 3pm everyday, so that's 18 hours, burning ~100 pots each day; and I could only get around 13k charms because my allies are not as free as I am. You said you understand how this event works? However, you forgot the most important factor in this event, allies. Without good allies you can't beat bosses. Without dedicated allies you can't burn pots efficiently. Without helpful allies you can't even pay to win. This is totally not the same as panel event where you could just solo your way to the 6* prize.

ahhh yes yes, i was basing my experience off of the Halloween event (the last training event i really tried in) where the encounter rate appears to have been much greater, at least for the 5/6* bosses. I was looking back through that thread and based on my progress at the end of that event, I should have twice as many charms as I currently do in this one and therefore based my projections off of that. I am not really sure how much of that is due to rng or whether or not those bosses just gave better drops.... Anyway I'll admit that yes, I underestimated how many pots it would take to get the 6* reward.

I still stand by the fact that even though this event heavily favors payers (I have never disputed that), it is possible for a free player to rank and do well without that much effort. Even without super active allies I am finding it possible to take down 100 level bosses with 3-4 attempts by myself, 2 with just 1 ally.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: FreeT Players On Tower Events   FreeT Players On Tower Events - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

FreeT Players On Tower Events
Page 3 of 3Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3