Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

what is the point?

Go down 
+12
Hunkamajunka
themadmanazn
Onisunit
vul
Blargod
Ghost_Star
masta518
sharpyzu
lmnseason
deedlit228
myad
KitsuneSP
16 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
KitsuneSP

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:40 am

Hello,

I've been playing this game for nearly a week now...but I just don't understand exactly what the goal is in this game? How is the economy? I enjoy this game for the art, but it seems that some cards are just impossible to get.

Battling is pointless , monsters are weak, knock back is abusable, using allies is simply OP, lack of diversity, Time elixirs are worth so much; which I just don't understand (please someone explain)

But then again, I am new...what exactly should I aim for?

Thanks
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 2:53 am

it's the same as asking... what is the point of working? what is the point of life existing on Earth?

Fantasica is a CCG -- Collectible Card Game. you collect cards. whether you want to collect all or not, it is up to you. Why collect? Because you want to...

just like why do i work or study? because you want to do so... Very Happy
Back to top Go down
deedlit228
☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 am

KitsuneSP wrote:
Hello,

I've been playing this game for nearly a week now...but I just don't understand exactly what the goal is in this game? How is the economy? I enjoy this game for the art, but it seems that some cards are just impossible to get.

Battling is pointless , monsters are weak, knock back is abusable, using allies is simply OP, lack of diversity, Time elixirs are worth so much; which I just don't understand (please someone explain)

But then again, I am new...what exactly should I aim for?

Thanks

If you have to ask that question, then Fantasica's probably not the game for you. lol. Not to be rude, but the purpose of any game, like any pastime, is to enjoy yourself. It'd be like asking what the point of reading a novel or watching tv/movies is. If you're not having fun with a game, then why play it? It has already failed its primary purpose for you.

A better question might be "Why do people enjoy this game?" To which I can answer to some extent. Some people like to collect cards; others like to compete. For me, the appeal is the mixture of trading card game and tower defense. (And good card art is always a plus.) Not to mention I can play this on the go anytime I want, so it's an added convenience for me. If I'm waiting somewhere in public, it's easier for me to just whip out my phone and quest a bit or chat with some of my allies. With other games, I don't always get to "pause" mid-mission without worrying about losing progress.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:52 am

If you don't know what you're doing or why you are doing it, don't do it. That's the recipe of a disaster.

This is a game where you set up your own goals. Most people here play for the competitiveness. The events are always there so that you have something to do at a competitive level.

Short answer, you have the answer of what you want. Don't tell us to tell you what you should want.
Back to top Go down
KitsuneSP

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 5:14 am

Maybe I phrased it wrong or you 3 are narrow minded. There are more parts to my question.
No one answered the questions or explained why TE is currency. No one addressed the lack of diversity in this game, especially for a card game. Or why battles are pointless. I love TCG, but when you speak of competitive play, I just don't see it. Where is it? What exactly is the challenge? This is nowhere near the same level of conscious of "why work, why do we live?" . I have played other tcg and this is far the easiest. It seems like convenience is the only appeal? Maybe once I understand the game more I will enjoy it, but no one here is answering my question. I'm not trying to be rude, but you 3 were far from helpful and just plain ignorant. Answer the whole question instead of having selective hearing/reading, please.
Back to top Go down
sharpyzu
☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:53 am

the *point* is different, but the challenge is in obtaining 6* cards and winning events.
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 7:10 am

KitsuneSP wrote:
Maybe I phrased it wrong or you 3 are narrow minded. There are more parts to my question.
No one answered the questions or explained why TE is currency. No one addressed the lack of diversity in this game, especially for a card game. Or why battles are pointless. I love TCG, but when you speak of competitive play, I just don't see it. Where is it? What exactly is the challenge? This is nowhere near the same level of conscious of "why work, why do we live?" . I have played other tcg and this is far the easiest. It seems like convenience is the only appeal? Maybe once I understand the game more I will enjoy it, but no one here is answering my question. I'm not trying to be rude, but you 3 were far from helpful and just plain ignorant. Answer the whole question instead of having selective hearing/reading, please.

TE is a currency because it lets you skip cooldowns on missions and quests, so you can do them more. The more you do in events, the easier it is to rank up! Higher ranks mean better rewards (often the only meaningful rewards start at rank 1000+).
The card game aspect isn't that deep as other card games. There are different skill types and unit types, but they make a bigger difference in 'arena' events where you can fight other people's teams; but this competitive play only occurs once a few months lolz.

It's less of a competitive game and more of a collectable card game with different game modes. Most of the time it's just repeating the same tower defense thing over and over to rank up in events and get rare cards to 'try' and get rarer cards.
Think baseball cards instead of Pokemon xDD
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:58 am

KitsuneSP wrote:
you 3 are narrow minded.

you 3 were far from helpful and just plain ignorant.

Answer the whole question instead of having selective hearing/reading, please.

wow
Back to top Go down
Blargod
☆☆☆☆
Blargod

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:05 am

KitsuneSP wrote:
Hello,

1. I've been playing this game for nearly a week now...but I just don't understand exactly what the goal is in this game? How is the economy? I enjoy this game for the art, but it seems that some cards are just impossible to get.

2. Battling is pointless , monsters are weak, knock back is abusable, using allies is simply OP, lack of diversity, Time elixirs are worth so much; which I just don't understand (please someone explain)

3. But then again, I am new...what exactly should I aim for?

Thanks

Since you seemingly want specific answers based on your abrasive reply...

1. There really isn't a goal other than to better your unit roster.

2. Battling is pointless. Monsters are weak normally although when you do Mina's Trials or Tower Events, this is not the case. I agree with the use of allies. It's one of my first complaints of the game that ranking is on an individual basis but ally use is based on group organization. TE is worth a lot since it can potentially let you win rare cards from events; it's like Holy Powders from Rage of Bahamut.

3. As others have said, it's your own prerogative.

Last edited by Blargod on Thu Mar 07, 2013 10:11 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
vul
☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 3:25 pm

As a new player, this is my point of view.

The fun of the game revolves around events. The normal questing and training is boring and secondary because it's what people do to become competitive during events. For the same reason, TE and Potions are the currency of this game-- contrary to what is said above, I don't think of them as useful in quests/training, since spamming low level quests is ultimately more beneficial to EXP. But in events, reducing cool down (TE) means you will be able to accumulate BT faster, and guaranteed boss defeats (Pots) means you will get more BT. More BT = better prizes, and a chance at ranking.

The reason allies are OP is to fuel the social aspect of the game. Allies will bug you or drop you if you aren't active, so people will keep that in mind if they decide to take a break (of course any game company wants you hooked).

The aim is to get cards you consider "good" -- this could be by looks or by utility, but chances are, what ever you like is gonna be a higher tiered card that you will need to work for by grinding, by participating in events, or by paying.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 6:47 pm

Ghost_Star wrote:
KitsuneSP wrote:
you 3 are narrow minded.

you 3 were far from helpful and just plain ignorant.

Answer the whole question instead of having selective hearing/reading, please.

wow
this always happens when lmnseason is around and replying to that topic. yes, i blame him, him and him.

actually, i blame the TS for the confusion. questions are not really phrased as questions. thread topic was a misleading "what is the point?".

so we are answering based on the topic, but you go ranting on and on and being rude about it. such ungrateful creature.

and why post the same thing on two different topics??!?
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:20 pm

KitsuneSP wrote:
The point is....IMA IGNORANT FELLA AND IM UNGRATEFUL TO ALL CREATURES ON EARTH!!!...How's that? Cool
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:28 pm

Onisunit wrote:
KitsuneSP wrote:
The point is....IMA IGNORANT FELLA AND IM UNGRATEFUL TO ALL CREATURES ON EARTH!!!...How's that? Cool

I really dislike how everyone here is being a dick. Fanta needs all the players it can get right now.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:36 pm

KitsuneSP wrote:

1. TE is used to help you rank better in 3 out of 4 major events types. Potions are used in the 4th type. Luna has no useful sink and you can easily get it faster than you can use it, thus this is why TE and potions are the currency.

2. Easiest? Easiest compared to what? Have you been able to beat top player's defenses? Have you been able to rank at the top of any of the events? Have you been able to album or collect all the cards? I personally find this game far more interesting and intellectual than other TCG mobile games such as RoB.

3. Convenience? I fail to see how this game is convenient? It is one of the few games I know of where you need to play practically every 5 minutes!

4. As for the previous responses, what is the point of any game? It is to be entertained. Games are not there for an end (destination), games are there for the gameplay (the journey). If you don't find the game entertaining, I would recommend stopping now before you waste too much time on a game you do not enjoy. I would also recommend not going around insulting people that answer your thread, at worst it is a free bump.
Back to top Go down
Onisunit
☆☆☆☆
Onisunit

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:39 pm

masta518 wrote:
I really dislike how everyone here is being a dick. Fanta needs all the players it can get right now.
Fantasica just celebrated over one million downloads...seem like they are doing just fine to me.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 8:54 pm

masta518 wrote:
Onisunit wrote:
KitsuneSP wrote:

i dun see how answering an ill-phrased question makes someone a dick.

however, if dick here means... being new to the forum (3 posts!?!?) and being nasty about the replies/ helps...

still, i'd hate to imagine if fanta is filled with 99% dicks, as you put it....

Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:00 pm

I'm just saying the responses to him were very negative. Like he said, going "this isn't for you" without explaining his questions. I think we should make a better effort to help people out and answer questions.

Negativity breeds negativity!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:02 pm

masta518 wrote:
I'm just saying the responses to him were very negative. Like he said, going "this isn't for you" without explaining his questions. I think we should make a better effort to help people out and answer questions.

Ya, but he pretty much came to a Fanta forum and ask "what's the point of Fanta?" What kind of answers was he expecting? A poorly crafted question will be FAR more likely to receive poorly crafted answers than a well crafted question. You what they say, sh*t in, sh*t out.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:05 pm

masta518 wrote:

to be fair, the 3 first three answers were in no way negative.

i believe we all had the impression that the TS was sort of 'lost'... we were not being negative.

but suddenly, the helpful guys (myself included) were told we're narrow minded for not answering one of the Qs stated in the post. but to be fair, we did answer based on the SUBJECT of the thread. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 9:20 pm

themadmanazn wrote:

What kind of answers was he expecting?
Lolz well ok...

KitsuneSP wrote:
I've been playing this game for nearly a week now...but I just don't
understand exactly what the goal is in this game?
This is vague yeah xD

KitsuneSP wrote:
How is the economy? I
enjoy this game for the art, but it seems that some cards are just
impossible to get.
Maybe say that the economy is really bad and give advice on how to get cards? A lot of guides are now outdated since TE is in short supply, so 'trading up' for TE is no longer possible really.

KitsuneSP wrote:
Battling is pointless , monsters are weak, knock back is abusable, using
allies is simply OP, lack of diversity, Time elixirs are worth so much;
which I just don't understand (please someone explain)
He just wants an idea of what to do since it's all true. Fanta mechanics aren't well designed indeed. Regarding TE, he's confused about what's going on with economy and where it's headed (as with most of us I'm sure), so explaining that TE are important for ranking in timed quests events? iunno

Instead, we get 'joke' responses like
myad wrote:
it's the same as asking... what is the point of working? what is the point of life existing on Earth?
Which don't help at all and is kind of patronizing pale

Or
deedlit228 wrote:
If you have to ask that question, then
Fantasica's probably not the game for you. lol. Not to be rude, but the
purpose of any game, like any pastime, is to enjoy yourself.
Which is pretty rude and unhelpful, although the second paragraph is good xDD

Then we get to
lmnseason wrote:

Short answer, you have the answer of what you want. Don't tell us to tell you what you should want.
Which is pretty pointless, mean-spirited, vague, and certainly not helpful even if it means well. No

Yeah, OP was a jerk, but come on guys...
I'll stop here since I feel a flame war coming along tho, time to hide before I ge tbanned! silent
Back to top Go down
Hunkamajunka
☆☆☆
Hunkamajunka

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 10:27 pm

oh my
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:16 pm

face... to palm...
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:19 pm

Okay, I'm going to answer the question with my own opinion. Any negativity after this will get the thread locked. e: because arguments and name-calling suck

People find different things fun or "worthwhile" about Fantasica. When I first joined, I thought it was a bit different from games like RoB. I liked how you could participate every few minutes if you wanted to. I liked the art, I liked the sprites, I liked the set up and the idea of getting your fighters stronger. I literally worked my way up from 2* to 3* to 4* and eventually to 5* etc. I think for a long time, the goal most people have is to get their first 5* and then 6*. After that, most people probably want to build up a good team, to do events. This game also has some of the better implemented friends/ally/wall systems I've seen, so that there is more of a sense of community, which helps the gameplay.

That's part of why people play.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:50 pm

KitsuneSP wrote:

You are asking a question based on one's opinion to it will only lead crossing your own opinion. Honestly, I don't have an answer to a question that only you can make a decision on.

I've made a guide with a time well spent. After that guide, it is up to you to do what ever you decide on the game.

If I have to rephrase your question in a different matter, it would sound like this. "What is the purpose of life? Why do we use money instead of gold?"
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 07, 2013 11:55 pm

masta518 wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

What kind of answers was he expecting?
Lolz well ok...

KitsuneSP wrote:
I've been playing this game for nearly a week now...but I just don't
understand exactly what the goal is in this game?
This is vague yeah xD

KitsuneSP wrote:
How is the economy? I
enjoy this game for the art, but it seems that some cards are just
impossible to get.
Maybe say that the economy is really bad and give advice on how to get cards? A lot of guides are now outdated since TE is in short supply, so 'trading up' for TE is no longer possible really.

KitsuneSP wrote:
Battling is pointless , monsters are weak, knock back is abusable, using
allies is simply OP, lack of diversity, Time elixirs are worth so much;
which I just don't understand (please someone explain)
He just wants an idea of what to do since it's all true. Fanta mechanics aren't well designed indeed. Regarding TE, he's confused about what's going on with economy and where it's headed (as with most of us I'm sure), so explaining that TE are important for ranking in timed quests events? iunno

Instead, we get 'joke' responses like
myad wrote:
Which don't help at all and is kind of patronizing pale

Or
deedlit228 wrote:
If you have to ask that question, then
Fantasica's probably not the game for you. lol. Not to be rude, but the
purpose of any game, like any pastime, is to enjoy yourself.
Which is pretty rude and unhelpful, although the second paragraph is good xDD

Then we get to
lmnseason wrote:

Which is pretty pointless, mean-spirited, vague, and certainly not helpful even if it means well. No

Yeah, OP was a jerk, but come on guys...
I'll stop here since I feel a flame war coming along tho, time to hide before I ge tbanned! silent

I'm not mean. I just don't like answering questions that can only be answered by individual's personal opinion that can only lead to a pointless debate for crossing the person asking a question. It was obvious to me that this thread is going to be a flame war so I didn't want to put effort into it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

what is the point? Empty
PostSubject: Re: what is the point?   what is the point? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

what is the point?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next