Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Android Update

Go down 
+5
Saruchan
larrydust
Nucklez
thebluebox0
mooglegiant
9 posters
AuthorMessage
mooglegiant

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:10 pm

Any idea what the update on 2/5 is suppose to do?

To anyone that has updated, did you get the parse data error that everyone got with the December update?
Back to top Go down
thebluebox0

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeTue Feb 05, 2013 1:30 pm

Update seems to have changes how game loads. I have not gotten any error notices, but the game has locked up and require restarting 3 times today.
Back to top Go down
Nucklez

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:38 pm

My Sony Xperia Play is locking up trying to load constantly. Before the update it would force close sometimes, and sometimes just start up extremely laggy causing me to restart the game. Now, it seems that some of the popup screens will open behind the main screen. Such as the login bingo. I'll have a black screen with the mobage logo in the top right corner, nothing else. I'll try little things like go into Mobage and back to game, hitting the home button and resuming the game. When I finally hit the back button, and agree to quit I'll briefly see the window asking for my input just as the game closes. Oh well, they had a disclaimer that the game hasn't been fully tested on my device "Have fun." I guess I've had my six months of fun out of it. Smile
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 1:50 pm

mooglegiant wrote:
To anyone that has updated, did you get the parse data error that everyone got with the December update?
I installed the update from the Google Play store a few hours after it appeared, and I have not had any problems inside Fanta yet. No additional connection issues or the "error parsing data" message. (I did receive the parsing error in the December update.)

Some people reported that removing and reinstalling the game has cured their issue.

Running android 2.3 (Gingerbread) on LG Thrill 4G.
Back to top Go down
mooglegiant

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:10 pm

*Report*

I had that problem in December, and I had to re install my game twice to get it to work correctly.

I've gone ahead with the update and I don't have any issues with my HTC Thunderbolt. Looks like the game also loads a little quicker between screens.

Though I did have an issue where the game did not correctly identify there was a content update the other day, so it did not download the new graphics and had to kill process and then restart to get the update.

I still wish they would say what these updates are supposed to do.

/ehh
Back to top Go down
Saruchan

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 2:54 pm

I'm having great problems. The game told me that I had to update, so I did... It now says it can't access my SD card... Both my card and my phone as plenty of free space, so it can't really be that. I don't really know what to do since I'm on my first smartphone ever and have had it less than two months. If anyone has a way to deal with this problem, then please do help me! I have reinstalled the game three times now, just in the hope of that might fix it, but no... Anyone good with such things?

I'm using a HTC phone by the way, not sure about the number or what it contains, but it doesn't complain about my phone not being able to run the game when I download it....

It seems like I managed to fix the problem, but I won't believe before I'm in and playing.... Am I the only one thinking that there's a lot of trouble with the game lately?

Last edited by Saruchan on Fri Feb 08, 2013 3:18 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 3:06 pm

My phone somehow deregistered itself after the update. Not being able to clean out inbox is annoying...
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 6:41 pm

BkWiz wrote:
My phone somehow deregistered itself after the update. Not being able to clean out inbox is annoying...

That's what happened on my iPhone.. .Not on Android though.
Back to top Go down
TheWRATH0fG0D
☆☆

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 8:52 pm

I keep getting a splash screen saying that there is an update available and to hit the menu button to download. I cannot get it to update. I finally just reinstalled it but it is not working. Leave it to Fanta to F something up, right.
Back to top Go down
Ghost_Star
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Ghost_Star

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 08, 2013 10:43 pm

Saruchan wrote:
I'm having great problems. The game told me that I had to update, so I did... It now says it can't access my SD card... Both my card and my phone as plenty of free space, so it can't really be that. I don't really know what to do since I'm on my first smartphone ever and have had it less than two months. If anyone has a way to deal with this problem, then please do help me! I have reinstalled the game three times now, just in the hope of that might fix it, but no... Anyone good with such things?

I'm using a HTC phone by the way, not sure about the number or what it contains, but it doesn't complain about my phone not being able to run the game when I download it....

It seems like I managed to fix the problem, but I won't believe before I'm in and playing.... Am I the only one thinking that there's a lot of trouble with the game lately?

The only time i had an issue with my sd card is when i fried it because i was bombarding it with stuff and after that i just had to replace it... you could try a different sd card. Another possibility is that there is just some minor error on it, you could back up any pictures or what not and reformat the sd card.

I'm not sure how much internal space the HTC has but you can try to move the game onto the phone and play it from there as well.

I run into a lot of issues with Fanta on my phone when im running lots of stuff in the background. On my galaxy when i hold down the home button it opens up my task manager and i can kill everything and clean out my ram, i usually have to do that every time before i start up fanta as well as go into running apps and kill everything every so often.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Android Update Empty
PostSubject: Re: Android Update   Android Update I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Android Update
Page 1 of 1