Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Getting an android tablet

Go down 
+6
ChibiLeen
myad
pnoytroi
themadmanazn
wilyone
lmnseason
10 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

Getting an android tablet Empty
PostSubject: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:59 am

I might be too excited for this because I wanna play this on a big screen.

Thinking of having 2 accounts. Banking seems faster this way not to mention dual benefits.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:41 am

As someone that plays on an n7, be aware that if your device is not "supported" there are some oddities that you need to live with. In my case, up until last month, I had to live with some weird duplicated pixels as my screen is longer than what Fanta is expecting.

That said, enjoy your android tablet of choice. I'm not sure the resolution of the sprites get better on a larger screen.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:54 pm

wilyone wrote:
As someone that plays on an n7, be aware that if your device is not "supported" there are some oddities that you need to live with. In my case, up until last month, I had to live with some weird duplicated pixels as my screen is longer than what Fanta is expecting.

That said, enjoy your android tablet of choice. I'm not sure the resolution of the sprites get better on a larger screen.
Dang. Now I got few things to consider. Thanks
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:01 pm

I have a Toshiba Thrive on ICS and I have noticed Fanta gives FAR more connection errors compared to my iPhone/iPad.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:09 pm

Thinking of buying Galaxy Tab 2
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 10:35 pm

I'd buy the tablet with the features you want. If I were looking for an android tablet today, I might get the ASUS Transformer Inifinity or whatever the heck they called it. As I recall, Galaxy Tab 2 is also very nice. If the Tab 2 is the one that allows 2 apps open at a time, keep in mind that only applies to 6, I think, apps.

Madman is also correct that Fanta feels like it throws connection errors more easily on Android than iOS.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 11:27 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Thinking of buying Galaxy Tab 2

Same here. I am thinking of getting one. I am impressed with Galaxy Note 2. I don't have to squit to see it like I did with my old iPhone 3G....

iPhone 3G seems hazy. Galaxy Note 2, though it is my carrier (AT&T), has the connection problem, but runs smoother and faster than my iphone. And no crashes. Some of the sprites looked better on iPhone due to the smaller screen, where as sometimes the pixels of the edges of the sprites bug me if I pay attention too much to the detail.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 1:55 am

wilyone wrote:
I'd buy the tablet with the features you want. If I were looking for an android tablet today, I might get the ASUS Transformer Inifinity or whatever the heck they called it. As I recall, Galaxy Tab 2 is also very nice. If the Tab 2 is the one that allows 2 apps open at a time, keep in mind that only applies to 6, I think, apps.

Madman is also correct that Fanta feels like it throws connection errors more easily on Android than iOS.
I'm using Galaxy S2 and there has been not a single problem. I think Samsung products are pretty good compared to other tablets. I just need the tablet for notes, music and fantasica. I'm sure the tab2 is more than enough for my needs and it's also cheap.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 31, 2013 2:43 am

is tab2 cheaper than nexus7?

i think u might wanna consider nexus7. personally, dun find samsung tablets to be good (maybe except for the note tablets). i have something for pen...

and yes, i'm using a note 2. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 12:39 am

I have decided. Smile

Getting an android tablet Tab210
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 2:43 am

I'm green with envy. Razz I'd love to get myself a Galaxy Tab 2, but can't afford to spend that kind of money at the moment. Well, I'll definitely get the Galaxy Tab 3 - or however they'll call it - once it's released. *determined*
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 8:55 am

Congrats on the 10.1 inch Galaxy Tab 2.
They were always the biggest seller amongst tablets in the store I
worked at. iPads came second which is amazing considering how
most people call tablets iPads due to apples marketing.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 9:24 am

Soggytoaster wrote:

To me personally, Samsung >>> Apple. I have been in love with every single Samsung product I've owned, and all the Apple products that have been paraded in front of me so far have left me indifferent. Me and Apple just don't seem to click, for some reason. Never have. :/ Maybe this has something to do with the fact that I have no affinity whatsoever with Macs and Mac OS? *PC girl*
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 02, 2013 11:42 pm

Soggytoaster wrote:

I need a tablet that can work in every computer and manageable. Samsung will always be the better option in terms of use. Apple products are just too hyped. Anything that does not support flash will not be useful to anyone who work with a huge loads of files and entertainment.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 4:09 pm

lmnseason wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

I need a tablet that can work in every computer and manageable. Samsung will always be the better option in terms of use. Apple products are just too hyped. Anything that does not support flash will not be useful to anyone who work with a huge loads of files and entertainment.

Not to bash Android, but even Adobe pulled Flash support for most Android devices. If the custom ROM didn't come pre-installed with Flash, you need to find someone else's executable and side load it.

For what you need to do, I agree that Samsung was probably the best choice for you. And gratz on the new device.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:19 pm

wilyone wrote:
Not to bash Android, but even Adobe pulled Flash support for most Android devices. If the custom ROM didn't come pre-installed with Flash, you need to find someone else's executable and side load it.
adobe has (i believe) stopped supporting Flash on mobile devices. they realise its crap. no offense to Flash fans... but that is really what is happening.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 04, 2013 7:25 pm

myad wrote:
wilyone wrote:
adobe has (i believe) stopped supporting Flash on mobile devices. they realise its crap. no offense to Flash fans... but that is really what is happening.

Yep!
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 2:28 am

wilyone wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
Soggytoaster wrote:

For what you need to do, I agree that Samsung was probably the best choice for you. And gratz on the new device.

I don't know why anyone else would still be using flash in this kind of generation. There's a reason we have apps now in the first place.
Back to top Go down
Trayanee

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 6:37 am

wilyone wrote:

In fact the only thing you have to do is download the flash apk from adobe site and install it. Not really that hard. And adobe pulled flash from android because they were unable to make it work the way they wanted on mobile devices, so even if there was anyone to bash, it would be adobe not android.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:40 pm

lmnseason wrote:
wilyone wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
... Anything that does not support flash will not be useful to anyone who work with a huge loads of files and entertainment.

I don't know why anyone else would still be using flash in this kind of generation. There's a reason we have apps now in the first place.
I must have mis-understood your desire to have flash for your tablet. My apologies.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 3:46 pm

Trayanee wrote:
wilyone wrote:

In fact the only thing you have to do is download the flash apk from adobe site and install it. Not really that hard. And adobe pulled flash from android because they were unable to make it work the way they wanted on mobile devices, so even if there was anyone to bash, it would be adobe not android.

That is one way to look at it. From the perspective of, "I went Android because I need flash and flash is not supported on Apple devices." that particular line of reasoning will not hold true as devices move to newer versions of Android.

As far as sideloading the apk and having it just work, maybe I did not get the proper apk, but flash only works sometimes for me on my N7. Not every app that can use flash is recognizing that I have flash installed. But as you said, it is more reasonable to blame Adobe for Flash being how it is.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 06, 2013 10:25 pm

wilyone wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
wilyone wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
... Anything that does not support flash will not be useful to anyone who work with a huge loads of files and entertainment.

I must have mis-understood your desire to have flash for your tablet. My apologies.
All good. We are sometimes doomed by our own assumptions. Wink
Back to top Go down
Soggytoaster
☆☆☆
Soggytoaster

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 07, 2013 4:55 am

I have a Galaxy S2 and it is the best phone I have ever had.
I have always stayed away from apple products myself because
I enjoy the freedoms android provides. So many seem to love
apple products but I cannot see why. I don't mind mac computers
but windows and linux will always be my most frequently used
operating systems.

Lets face it, a robot is better than an apple.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 8:27 pm

K, when I was getting my phone fixed, the tech support guy suggested getting an Asus as opposed to Samsung Galaxy Tablet ...

Any thoughts on Asus?

How's your Samsung holding up?
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 09, 2013 10:18 pm

pnoytroi wrote:
K, when I was getting my phone fixed, the tech support guy suggested getting an Asus as opposed to Samsung Galaxy Tablet ...

Any thoughts on Asus?

How's your Samsung holding up?
Pretty good. Does everything I need it to. I use it for work, entertainment and plays fantasica pretty well.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Getting an android tablet   Getting an android tablet I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Getting an android tablet
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next