Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion

Go down 
+9
turtlesaur
saphion
KuroStar
beavvver
bleachcosplay
maChai1025
predator852
lmnseason
chalys
13 posters
AuthorMessage
chalys

chalys

Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion Empty
PostSubject: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:53 pm

Hi. First off I would like to say: Thanks in advanced for reading, thanks for any help given, and I apologize for being long winded from time to time. Now that that is out of the way, let's get started!

I am a noob. I will be the first to admit this. But I am dedicated, intelligent, and obsessed with merching/grinding. My goal is to learn the basics about merching, get a general idea on feeding, and get suggestions for my overall direction from this point out. Feel free to pm or post! I will read all post and suggestions/tips. Thanks again in advanced!

-Okay. Let's start with feeding! From my basic understanding and what I have been doing it goes like this:

Step 1: Feed three 1* LV 1 cards to a 2* LV 1 card to make it LV 4.
Step 2: Feed three 2* LV 4 cards and two 1* LV 1 cards to a 3* card to make it LV 11.
Step 3: Feed a ton of 3* LV 11 cards and a few 2* LV 4 cards to X* card to max it in as few batches as possible to save money!

That is literally my grasp of it. I understand the slight exp bonus for same types and try to match to the best that I can. What level should I get 4* cards to before I feed them to someone? Should I even feed my 4* cards, or just sell them? Any more tips? Do I have the right idea? Also, I understand that people farm 2* Bear cards on 16-5 training? And someone said 26-5 will give 2* or 3* cards from time to time and is worth farming. Tips? Thanks!

-Now merchanting. I have no clue and am utterly loss. There is the obvious idea of getting LV 1 cards and maxing them out for profit. There is obviously the buy low-sell high method. Also, I can pull a 6* or two from a card pack. (after a combined $200 with me and the wifey only pulling Charles and Alexander, fat chance....) Tips? I will be seen on the forum (hopefully) trying to flip cards for even a 1 or 2 TE profit. I know the value of the small profit and how it can make a difference, and will work hard to attain my goals. I will never, however, knowingly lowball or rip off another player. I believe in fair"ness", even if it is just pixels, people get sad, and I don't like that.

-Last but definitely not least. My overall collection and the beginning of my merchant/event do-able team career. I don't know how I feel about my monsters. I feel like I should keep a few around. I know there are cards I want to keep for card art/cards I will actually use to max. But I am open to ALL suggestions. I know there are good players and forum members with amazing advice, and I am open to listen! I will list below all my cards, TE, potions, and my ideas and whatnot. Well here goes...

Unit Cards I Use / Plan on Using:

6*

Alexander LV 34

4*

Montague LV 60 (favorite for artwork)
Caym LV 23
Sergei LV 28
Fawn LV 34
Alfonso LV 3
Gunnel LV 1
Django LV 1

Monster Cards I Use (non-feeders):

4*

Pegasus LV 10
Unicorn LV 10

3*

Salamander LV 20
Catoblepas LV 12
Troll LV 15

The rest are just 3* or lower feeders except the following:

4*

Sigurd LV 3
Virgil LV 7
Mylene LV 1
Zenobia LV 1

What I ask of you guys is just to give me overall tips on how to start merching, setting up a decent team for events, give tips on what 4* cards are actually decent, suggest 5* cards I should try to get. Oh! Especially what type/effect mixtures I should focus on. Like Melee/Poison, Missile/Slow or whatever is decent. Also, what should I do about monsters? It seems that a lot of people level up high hp cards like Trolls, Salamanders, etc. And then throw in a few cards with A or S move speed (stray cats, beefed up unicorn/pegasus). Suggestions? Tips?

-Overall, I wouldn't mind if the thread became a general discussion on these three topics. I would love some personal advice directed towards my cards and questions, of course though. Thanks for your time!

Last edited by chalys on Wed Jan 09, 2013 10:04 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Changed Title - Seemed too needy.)
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:51 pm

If you want to make TE, watch the trade section and compare prices. Know when an item is at a bargain price and buy it if you know you can make profit by either selling it for more TE or by trading it with bonus advantage.

In game prices also have variations with the forum trade so you want to watch them both. A lot of times, you get good bargains from in game. Most people in game are a lot desperate on selling their merchandise.

People on the forum are good to find the basic things you need.

It is good to have a trade thread so people can see your market. They can then buy or offer you openly.

It takes time if you want to flip TE. You have to understand that in every event, there is always a change of prices specially when there is a promo for people to get more 5* and 6* cards.

You need to have at least 100TE before you start flipping. Why?

I do buy a lot of bargains to sell or trade. The reason why people trade is to get what they want while you are paid a little bit of extra for the effort of giving you more work.

Let's say you are selling for TE but someone offers you for other things that has a greater value. If you know the value of the trade, do it. If the trade value is equal, I simply don't accept it unless the other item is easier to sell.

There is no other way to give you the best tip because you need to see the real price differences in each event. There are gaps that are too unpredictable.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:00 pm

Hi there, I see you're new Smile
And I also see that you took a lot of time to write this, so I won't delete it. Still, a couple of tips for going about using the forum:

1) The game discussion section really shouldnt be used for "personal" threads, which is what I would categorize this as. Instead, it should be used to address broad topics that affect everyone's game or covers a specific gameplay mechanic etc.

2) I'm not sure how much youve actually dug through this forum, but there's already a lot going on. I've been thinking about creating a new "getting started" guide (because our current one is pretty outdated) but...I'm lazy... so eventually, this may become that...

3) there are a lot of dedicated members and mods here. If you have any general questions I advise you to look and ask here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3336-got-questions-ask-here

DO NOT create a new thread for your question.

4) if you need allies, we have a thread for that as well: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t472-looking-for-allies-thread

5) http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t2710-card-enhance-calculator

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t1578-research-on-card-enhancement-updated-11-12-12added-values-of-level-gain-by-questing-time

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t293-dannupa-s-leveling-theory-crafting

These three threads are all packed with anything and everything anyone would ever need to know about feeding.

6) I see Lmnseason has already replied to the thread while I was writing this, so I'll let him explain flipping cards.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 11:01 pm

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3191-5-4-cards

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3282-xmas-cards-being-devalued-too-fast

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t2345-game-strategy-to-get-5s

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3030-curious-about-depreciation

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t2857-microcosm-rant-about-the-game

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t1666-trading-center-public-chat

More threads with important info
Back to top Go down
maChai1025

PostSubject: I'm new can any one teach me to play? PLZ   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 19, 2013 9:27 pm

hi everyone, im new to this game and this is my first tread, so i have few question

1)i know selling feeder is one of the way that earning TE, so what is the best way to enhance a 3*
how much is a set of 3* lv10 worth?

2)knock back, area atk, slow, poison, which one is the best skills in terms of being a good leader? so ppl will pick u in their fight.

3) kinda same question as #2, melee, magic, missile which one is better?

thx a lot
Id: 15825807
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 2:04 am

Just so you know, posts like these would be more appropriate in the Got Questions Thread.

To answer your questions:
1. I'm not that familiar with making/selling 3* feeders, but I think a set would cost 1 TE.
kyaaya wrote:
Also for BotV 10 and no event bonus, you can save a 1* and make 3*L11 using just 3x 2*L4 and 1x 1*L1 if all the cards have type bonus.
I would probably use the above method. Note that your Battle of the Valkyrie Skill needs to be at level 10 and the cards should have type bonus.

Also I should note that the general consensus is that selling max 4* cards is the best way to earn TE.

2. There's no exact answer for which ability is better, but most people prefer Knockback and Slow. Area Attack is generally not as favorable, however, it can be useful from time to time.

3. There really is no better. Throughout the course of the game, you will need all three types of units, to adapt to a monster's/boss' strengths and weaknesses.

I mean, if you had to, you could say that in terms of speed, generally Melee>Missile>Magic. However, in terms of range, generally Missile>Magic>Melee. Ideally it's nice to have ATLEAST one of each
Back to top Go down
maChai1025

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 3:43 am

thank you for such a detail reply
Back to top Go down
beavvver

PostSubject: How can a newbie can find 5*+'s or trade for them   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 3:46 am

Hay there, Been playing almost a month now. I've tried the starter packs on offere atm but all i get is 4*'s. Got a bunch of them now.
How should i go about finding better cards?
I tried to read the read the trade forum and it looks like cards are traded for TE (Time elixirs) is that right?

Thanks for any help.
Beaver
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 4:34 am

Yes. We use TE (the grey one) to sell or buy cards. My hint to you is to spam quest 2-7 and max your 4* and sell for 8-10 TE. You can max 6 in one week if you spam all day, if you got time that is. I only got my 5* after playing for three months ><
Back to top Go down
beavvver

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:27 am

Thanks for the advice. I assume the maxed out 4* cards are used to lv up higher * cards?
Back to top Go down
saphion

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 7:59 am

Easiest way to get TE

1) Find a 4* card(any 1 will do as long as it has 4*s)
2) get all 4* cards in your inventory to level 80 by spaming quest or enhance
3) sell it for 8TE a card
4) use the all the TEs to buy 4*s at 1 TE each
5) keep repeating step 2-4 to earn TE

your TE should grow like this with each completed step 2-4
NO. of TE

and so on... soon you will be able to make your 6* team
Back to top Go down
turtlesaur

turtlesaur

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 9:56 am

Honestly it's impossible to trade unless you have 6*'s and people with 6*'s will just say "no down trades" Been sitting on several good 5* maxes and can't even get an offer on them.

Wait for events, grind your face off, win a 5*. Sell Max 4*'s below average price to actually be able to sell it.

Profit.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 12:42 pm

turtlesaur wrote:
Honestly it's impossible to trade unless you have 6*'s and people with 6*'s will just say "no down trades" Been sitting on several good 5* maxes and can't even get an offer on them.

Wait for events, grind your face off, win a 5*. Sell Max 4*'s below average price to actually be able to sell it.

Profit.

Try to sell your 5*s, I actually find pure TE offers to be cheaper than trying to do mix offers. Takes more time but in the end you walk off with a better deal Smile

Most with 6* cards don't need them and it's a hassle to try to sell them, hence why no down trades Neutral
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
turtlesaur

turtlesaur

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 1:00 pm

aszutai wrote:
turtlesaur wrote:

Profit.

Try to sell your 5*s, I actually find pure TE offers to be cheaper than trying to do mix offers. Takes more time but in the end you walk off with a better deal Smile

Most with 6* cards don't need them and it's a hassle to try to sell them, hence why no down trades Neutral

I've been trying to sell Max, Joachim, Sleipner, Ivy and Elena for about a week without a single offer from anyone.

I did get 1 offer for a trade to Alex, which I declined.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:40 pm

You can read the walkthrough found in my signature. It should answer a few things here and there.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 2:54 pm

Easiest way to get a 5*, complete one lap of a tower event. Recruit next recruitment event. Done Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 5:26 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Easiest way to get a 5*, complete one lap of a tower event. Recruit next recruitment event. Done Very Happy

Yup, this. Tower events are by far the easiest way to get a 5*.
Otherwise, pretty much do what everyone else has already posted. xD

I would try and sell maxed 4*s for TE, or try and trade multiple maxed 4*s for a low level/fresh 5*. There seem to be more people downtrading 5*s for maxed 4*s because they use em for feeders. Trying to trade multiple maxed 5*s for a 6* seems to be not as common.
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 30, 2013 6:31 pm

In the current economic environment, getting a 5* is not hard at all. Most top players will accept maxed 4*s for them since they get so many from packs and some go for as low as 2 maxed 4*, that's achievable in a lazy grinding week.

Getting a 6* with 5*s is much more difficult. Your only shot is to have at least half the asking price in TE/Pots and at least one rare/LE and desirable 5* (there aren't that many).
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion   Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Help me expand / Teach Me / General Discussion
Page 1 of 1