Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing

Go down 
+20
Callanthe
tales
LivingNexus
PPM
HoundR
boy_from_asension
Kyte
Admin
Valkrieys
The6thToe
wowyogurt
Ghostics
themadmanazn
Cuny
chris58jo
KeyBlade
NotAPieceOfPie
tav1990
heartunderbiade
aubade888
24 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  Empty
PostSubject: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:14 pm

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  8058637596_6becf74bae_o

Which anime would you like us to view?
Psycho-Pass
It's a show, and I would recommend episodes 1, 2, 4, and 5.

Synopsis/Background:
It's 2113. The world of Japan is governed by the Sibyl System, an astonishing technology that quantifies all aspects of a person's personality and uses it to determine which lifestyle best suits them. In particular, the Sibyl System incorporates a type of gun called a Dominator, which measures a human's emotions and mental state in order to identify criminal intent in a person's soul and quantifies it into numbers. The Dominator's trigger is unlocked when it is pointed at someone with a high enough Psycho-Pass level, either paralyzing or killing them. Anyone found exceeding a certain number is deemed a threat in need of therapy, or in extreme cases, execution. The numbers used to measure a person's soul are called their "Psycho-Pass".
Hunting down those deemed a threat to society because of high Psycho-Pass levels is the Public Safety Bureau. Composed of Enforcers, latent criminals whose Psycho-Pass has exceeded the acceptable level but have been granted permission to go outside to deliver justice on fellow criminals, and Inspectors who supervise them making sure they don't go too far, the pairs make sure latent criminals are not left to roam the streets. The anime follows Unit One of the Public Safety Bureau's Criminal Investigation Division--in particular, the newly assigned Inspector Akane Tsunemori and the experienced Enforcer Shinya Kogami.

Any comments about the anime?
It is a rather dark anime, and there may be some NSFW sections (it deals with serial killers and other criminals, after all). However, the anime does suggest lots of fascinating philosophical questions regarding the nature of this society under the Sibyl system.
Unfortunately, the four episodes chosen are only a small glimpse into the story (and only a small bit about the main villain so far).

What genre/interests does this anime cover?
Cyberpunk, thriller, dystopian, crime.

PM me suggestions for next week's anime using this form, and a link to a picture. I will draw who will get host next week from a hat. If you would like to write discussion questions then send them with the recommendation form. If not I am more than happy to write them for you. Also if for any reason you have difficulty filling out the recommendation form for any reason make sure to tell me, and I can help you fill it out.

Good Resource For Coming Up With Discussion Questions of Your Own

Donations:
Spoiler:
How winning will be determined:

Spoiler:

This weeks prize: 5* Serafina! =OO

Callanthe will host this week and determine the winner!

Next weeks prize: 5* Sheryl

A very generous anonymous benefactor has provided our event with 5 weeks worth of 5*s. I am in the process of getting the next anime together along with discussion questions. Make sure you tell your friends about the event in the mean time!

PS Also if you would like to express gratitude to the person who sent us the 5*s post on this thread so they can see it 0.~

If you have any questions kik me at Aubade888 or PM me here. If you cannot find the anime I can help you find it via kik or PM. No links to any anime on the thread please.

Last edited by aubade888 on Sat Mar 30, 2013 7:18 pm; edited 35 times in total
Back to top Go down
heartunderbiade

heartunderbiade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:21 pm

OOh I actually wanted to watch this. It'd be great to have some discussion afterwards which I dont do enough >.<

Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 6:22 pm

heartunderbiade wrote:
OOh I actually wanted to watch this. It'd be great to have some discussion afterwards which I dont do enough >.<

It's really good! I have watched it 3 times now XDD
Back to top Go down
tav1990
☆☆
tav1990

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 10:17 pm

Looks interesting! I'm excited Smile
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 10, 2013 12:17 pm

Omgomgomg. The guy that does Gin's voice in the sub is the same guy who does Mahiro in Zetsun no Tempest, and Soul from Soul Eater XDD. I love finding that kind of stuff out!
Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:34 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Omgomgomg. The guy that does Gin's voice in the sub is the same guy who does Mahiro in Zetsun no Tempest, and Soul from Soul Eater XDD. I love finding that kind of stuff out!
I thought he voiced Yoshino in Zetsuen. Kind of makes sense, both Gin and Yoshino are pretty calm.
Have no idea about Soul since I haven't watched Soul Eater yet.

It was a sweet movie. It was only 45 minutes so I felt there could have been more content that they could have added since the environment and characters are quite interesting. Reminds me a bit of Kamisama Hajimemashita and perhaps Usagi Drop.
Hotarou and Gin make a cute couple. *ships*

Spoiler button is tempting, save your curiosity for the movie, lol.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:49 pm

NotAPieceOfPie wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
I thought he voiced Yoshino in Zetsuen. Kind of makes sense, both Gin and Yoshino are pretty calm.

It was a sweet movie. It was only 45 minutes so I felt there could have been more content that they could have added since the environment and characters are quite interesting. Reminds me a bit of Kamisama Hajimemashita and perhaps Usagi Drop.

Spoiler:

I thought I read Mahiro, maybe I need to get my glases XD I will double check!

Ty for watching it!! =3 I posted some discussion questions to get things moving.

They make the cutest couple!

Spoiler:

Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 9:19 pm

aubade888 wrote:
NotAPieceOfPie wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Spoiler:
I thought I read Mahiro, maybe I need to get my glases XD I will double check!

Ty for watching it!! =3 I posted some discussion questions to get things moving.

They make the cutest couple!

Spoiler:
Spoiler:
Yay discussion questions. Feels like English class, lol.
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 10:07 pm

NotAPieceOfPie wrote:

Spoiler:
Yay discussion questions. Feels like English class, lol.
Spoiler:

Great responses! Lol! I felt like an English teacher writing them. I guess I'm a lit major so it's automatic ;__;

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
KeyBlade

KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 4:23 pm

Why did you make me watch this? WHY?

I'm the type that bottles up their emotions and can find it hard to express them but this is one of those rare movies that had me crying at the end!

Seriously though, thanks for recommending this one. Going straight up to be one of my most favourite anime I've watched so far.

Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad out of Sad Sad Sad Sad Sad

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/gunblade
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 15, 2013 8:13 pm

Haha, I was going to put a warning that you shouldn't watch it in the morning or it will ruin your day, but I didn't want to give anything away.
Back to top Go down
chris58jo

chris58jo

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 9:12 am

It left me feeling empty... >_<;

If you were given the choice of being with the person that you love but you can never touch him/her or for a moment to feel one another and then that person will disappear, what will it be?!?
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 10:20 am

I would wrap myself in plastic XD
Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:28 pm

aubade888 wrote:
I would wrap myself in plastic XD
Better wrap Gin up in plastic too, in case ...
Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 16, 2013 8:33 pm

XD bubble boy!

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  Bubble-boy-14

(Terrible movie btw)
Back to top Go down
tav1990
☆☆
tav1990

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 6:53 pm

chris58jo wrote:
It left me feeling empty... >_<;

If you were given the choice of being with the person that you love but you can never touch him/her or for a moment to feel one another and then that person will disappear, what will it be?!?

Agreed.

Spoiler:
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 1:43 pm

Bump! Last day to participate for this week! =33
Back to top Go down
Cuny
☆☆☆
Cuny

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:01 pm

Man that was boring watched it while playing call of duty hahaha
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:04 pm

Cuny wrote:
Man that was boring watched it while playing call of duty hahaha

Someone who plays Call of Duty obviously has sophisticated taste when it comes to the arts. I truly apologize sir =3.

Man, I am so out of touch with the games. For the longest time I thought Call of Duty was called "Brown Sweaty Racism." Must have just been me looking at the package instead of the name.

(Ally <3)
Back to top Go down
NotAPieceOfPie
☆☆
NotAPieceOfPie

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:15 pm

Oh wow, not a lot of ppl watched it this week.
I'm not that surprised though. Shougo and romance anime hasn't been doing too well in terms of ratings and DVDs sold (even if there are exceptions, there are very few).
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 20, 2013 6:21 pm

NotAPieceOfPie wrote:
Oh wow, not a lot of ppl watched it this week.
I'm not that surprised though. Shougo and romance anime hasn't been doing too well in terms of ratings and DVDs sold (even if there are exceptions, there are very few).

Yeah, I was surprised too! XD We are just getting started though, so it might take a few weeks for things to pick up. I was more surprised only one person sent me a recommendation.
Back to top Go down
KeyBlade

KeyBlade

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 3:43 am

Only one recommendation huh?

I wonder who that was..!

Smile
Back to top Go down
http://people.ign.com/gunblade
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:04 pm

KeyBlade wrote:
Only one recommendation huh?

I wonder who that was..!

Smile

We may never know. It could go down as one of history's greatest mysteries!
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:22 pm

Porco Rosso is a real fun one, I'll be sure to join the discussion once everyone has watched it Very Happy
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 21, 2013 7:22 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Porco Rosso is a real fun one, I'll be sure to join the discussion once everyone has watched it Very Happy

Yay! Look forward to hearing your thoughts =3
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing    Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Anime Viewing: In The Process of Organizing
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next