Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

D.O.T.

Go down 
+13
Aniwo
LatinLegacy
Uriel
Kyte
myad
Admin
The6thToe
themadmanazn
wadtomaton
clocksprocket
wilyone
ChibiLeen
predator852
17 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Kyte

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 4:18 am

Whee............. drawed a Elite (Munawwirtum) blue dragon thingy from the free pack pixite packs!
Def a + in my book for DOT on this factor XD
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:21 am

Kyte wrote:
Whee............. drawed a Elite (Munawwirtum) blue dragon thingy from the free pack pixite packs!
Def a + in my book for DOT on this factor XD

Augh, I'm so jealous! Dx Still not a single Epic to my name, not even the Invite one.

But I shouldn't complain too much, I just got a Bero - the blue event Rare guy - from a Similth. xD And good grief, that defense stat is sexy. Even if I can't get his Epic version, I could retire my Hera as my main tank if I manage to self-fuse him a few times.

EDIT: "This is thri~ller! Thriller at night!" *stuck in my head*
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 9:03 am

Those thrillers. They murder your units and then good luck completing the rest of the dungeon! Laughing

I'm kind of sad they don't have a "spend $1 and get an edge unit!" deal again. I find it funny how they're limiting purchases to, what is it, 30 units? I guess the rest of the big spending would then be on GLU. Of which I have none. Oh lawd. What do I do. ;___;
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:22 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Those thrillers. They murder your units and then good luck completing the rest of the dungeon! Laughing

"And though you fight to stay alive
Your body starts to shiver
For no mere mortal can resist
The evil of the thriller"

Laughing

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Been listening to this all day since the event started. xD

And yeah, those thrillers hurt. >_< I don't even bother with the ones in the third dungeon, I'm going to be slaughtered if I try.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 am

bah itunes isn't letting me purchase anything, gotta wait on support -_- The thrillers even in the first area are crippling to my force Sad (meager force it may be!)
Back to top Go down
wilyone

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 12:52 pm

I was celebrating my last mob's victory and making it into the top 3 (sorry Clock) only to realize that I was 1 uncommon short of being able to self fuse the rare once and free up 1 space. Now I'm sitting with a U that's 4/5 and taking up space. Sad

I started off with the 2nd dungeon this time. Each time I hit a Thriller, 1/2 of my units go down. Ugh. This is definitely a make $$ off GLU event. I'll fight a Thriller if I encounter it early enough in the level. If I'm more than 1/3 of the way through, forget it. I'll probably end up spending my 10 leaves and finally dip into my bitters for the air dungeon. I have plenty of air units. Not much for nature (or whatever that leaf stands for) though. I'll save up to blow 20 leaves on the fire dungeon. I'm sure you guys know this already, but the timer for leaves resets at 1 or 2 am which means that you can blow up to 20 leaves on a specific dungeon since the dungeons reset at a different time.

I guess I now know I should be spending my 9000 texi on bitters instead of items. I have been thinking about getting the 2nd tier items since they had better stats, but I can see the reasoning behind getting bitters instead. I guess I'll be hitting 100 sooner than I thought. We don't get any additional POP past 100 though right?

Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:32 pm

Yeah I've been skipping the thrillers to complete the floors and get the units.

One thing I have to say about this event is that it's difficulty level is way off the charts compared to the others.

My team of rare wind units and epics could barely manage the first floor of the third tier.

It seems the hero enemies get the 400% bonus as well, making them extremely tough units. And then there's Bero and as Chibi mention, his defense is too big to sweep! His epic counterpart has a monterous attack as well >.<

There's a reason this is the first event to sell 100 GLU packs: These dungeons are made to crush us!!!!
Back to top Go down
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Kyte

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

Totally...they meant for us to spend Glu to revive our units and move forward to the next level X3...Thriller is too OP LOLOLOL
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:06 pm

I'm not even bothering with the 3* dungeon... I'm not good enough, I don't think haha. I also have no GLU.

I'm sort of almost surprised that you can only buy... $75 worth of builds? I think? I guess the GLU is more important in this event though.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 5:48 pm

I think they only want to guarantee that you will get 4 rares total. It doesn't appear to limit the number of times you can "Build 1" for the premium build. You just can't quickly build 10. Since I haven't spent $$ to build the 300 coin builds, I'm going to assume that once you do the guaranteed build, the build 10 option will be there, but without the definitely will get 2 rares.

I've been tackling 1 Thriller per floor now. It seems that I can still power my way through the rest of the floor despite only having 1 or 2 complete lines left. Of course, this is on the off-chance that the OP Thriller mobs will actually drop me a similith.

I may try to tackle a floor or 2 of the 3* dungeon towards the end when I have an event rare leveled enough to make a difference.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 6:23 pm

wilyone wrote:
I think they only want to guarantee that you will get 4 rares total. It doesn't appear to limit the number of times you can "Build 1" for the premium build. You just can't quickly build 10. Since I haven't spent $$ to build the 300 coin builds, I'm going to assume that once you do the guaranteed build, the build 10 option will be there, but without the definitely will get 2 rares.

I've been tackling 1 Thriller per floor now. It seems that I can still power my way through the rest of the floor despite only having 1 or 2 complete lines left. Of course, this is on the off-chance that the OP Thriller mobs will actually drop me a similith.

I may try to tackle a floor or 2 of the 3* dungeon towards the end when I have an event rare leveled enough to make a difference.

Do thrillers drop similith more often than normal???

If that's the case then screw completing the floors, I'll just keep going until the thrillers beat me!
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:08 pm

I haven't gotten any similiths from thrillers but I've only maybe done 5 total?

I guess my goal is just to complete the 2* dungeons through to get a rare each. Laughing I will fight a thriller if it's near the end of a mission, since I want to be able to complete the mission as well. (I guess if I was focused only on thrillers, I could just do missions until I hit one and exit out / fight til the next one instead, but I do want the rewards).

I looked at what earth units I have... and I only have 4 earth rares. And only one was leveled to 30. Looks like it will be great times tomorrow. No
Back to top Go down
wilyone

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 7:45 pm

predator852 wrote:

If that's the case then screw completing the floors, I'll just keep going until the thrillers beat me!

I don't know. I'm only speculating that Thrillers can drop similith. I haven't seen anything to show that they can drop similith. All I know is the similith drop rate on normal mobs is abysmally low for me.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeWed Feb 13, 2013 10:23 pm

wilyone wrote:
predator852 wrote:

I don't know. I'm only speculating that Thrillers can drop similith. I haven't seen anything to show that they can drop similith. All I know is the similith drop rate on normal mobs is abysmally low for me.

After I read your first post I fought three thrillers, the first one dropped an uncommon similith, the other two just gave me doxite. Still, 1/3 is about 10 times better than the other fights.

clocksprocket wrote:
I haven't gotten any similiths from thrillers but I've only maybe done 5 total?

I guess my goal is just to complete the 2* dungeons through to get a rare each. Laughing I will fight a thriller if it's near the end of a mission, since I want to be able to complete the mission as well. (I guess if I was focused only on thrillers, I could just do missions until I hit one and exit out / fight til the next one instead, but I do want the rewards).

I looked at what earth units I have... and I only have 4 earth rares. And only one was leveled to 30. Looks like it will be great times tomorrow. No

You're not alone! My earth roster looks pretty abyssmal as well. My higest level units are all lvl 36, and I have like three rares Sad...

Still, when I saw what three elements were up this time I automatically knew I would have to put all my chips down on the fire dungeon, I think I can make a full fire team. I'm taking screenshots of my teams at the beginning of each day, I'll post them on the 3rd and 6th day. If you guys wanna do it too...I love looking at the teams!

If only there were a water or lightning dungeon...this event would have been a breeze!
Back to top Go down
LatinLegacy

LatinLegacy

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:41 am

I joined the game. I'm cruising quite well through it so far. I'm McNoggin in this game as well so send me a friend request Smile.

-LatinLegacy
Back to top Go down
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Kyte

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 10:07 am

HOW TO GET RARES for this Event :3 (Maybe even epics! mini guide edtion!)

Similith give you units from what it drops off from. (E.g Common unit dropped Similith gives you common unit)

Thrillers/Mobs at 3* stages tend to WORSE similith due to the fact most mobs in 3* are Rares or Epics (similith are tokens that you can trade in a unit based off the mob that you gotten the similith off :3

Hence if you want the thrillers similith epics/rare just farm them at 1*

Note Note: It is known that you can get similith in the stage off normal mobs as well! :3
Current Theory:
-Farm the Thrillers! they are epic and rare mobs Razz means drop rare and epic similiths
-KILLLLLLLL FARMMMMM.........Brains?...
-Common Units drop Similith like free
-Rare/Epic Units drop Similith like counting on a 5*/6* in fanta

I use this tactic to farm for similith and points
Simply *start a stage* keep going finding a thriller and engage it, kill it (if you can in 1 fight) then click EXIT at the btm right screen (so your units will all be revived) rinse and repeat.

This is the method for point farming and also similith farming :3 (without having to use GLU all the time to finish the ENTIRE stage. Particularly 3*s where the mobs are MEANT to make your units die like paper)
PS this tactic might make you dependent on Bitters/leaves instead. (5 hours for full regen is long after all)

Hope this helps you guys :3

Last edited by Kyte on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:35 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 11:00 am

Quote :
similith are tokens that you can trade in 100% random rare unit
This is completely false, by the way. Similiths will drop randomly from any unit in the dungeon, and when used, will give you the exact same unit they dropped from. This could be common, uncommon, OR rare (maybe even epic? not sure if epics actually drop similiths). So they are absolutely not random, and not necessarily rares.

I also don't see any evidence that thrillers drop similiths any more than just going through battles, but that's due to having very little data sampling.

I will agree though, that if you want to get a lot of points, it will be in your interests to simply kill thrillers, exit out, and kill thrillers again.
Back to top Go down
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Kyte

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:22 pm

Opps forget to change that line, XD supposed to get what unit you get the similith off :3
Cause I got mine off thrillers and was shown only rares as the exchange while Uriel got his off normal mobs and got the common units as selection instead

With that said we need more data! XD
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 12:54 pm

Thanks for the tips, I was running away from thrillers Laughing Now I'll probably try the easy ones, at least (they are still too hard for me). n_n
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 1:41 pm

If you can kill a thriller, it will give you as many (or more) points as completing a mission. So if you don't care about getting mission rewards (ie the elite or the rare at the end of a set) then you can just grind thrillers.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 2:43 pm

ugh trying to stay in the top 30 for today, it's rough not having epics yet -_-
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 3:23 pm

Also another note for this type of event. It's arguably smarter to continue to complete areas that you can successfully complete. You will always gain the reward again for that area upon completion, even if it's already been completed. So if you can clear an area worth 5k event pts + clear the thriller mobs that roam it, you're getting a decent bang for your buck. Thriller packs are kind of unpredictable and it seems random how many you will encounter per mission/area.

I'm getting between 2500-2800 pts for clearing a Thriller pack on the final 2* mission, where as I was getting 1500-1700 on the first 2* area. Plus, when I complete the final area I'll get a bigger pt reward. It will take longer then the first area would to complete obviously, but add in the difference of XP per thriller pack and I think it'll work out in my favor. Not to mention the normal enemy packs give you more pts per lower mission ones.

If you can't clear the thriller packs reliably, just focus on the first missions/area of the * level you can complete!!!
Back to top Go down
Kyte
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Kyte

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Feb 14, 2013 9:23 pm

=_= feels like a noob now, similith issue it was written in the event tips page, Similith will recreate the fighter who originally owned the Similith....

No it doesnt show that I dont read the rules! *whistle*

On a side note 3* Thrillers at the last stage give approx 6-8k points whereas,the normal mobs alone can give up to 1.5k points alone.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 8:00 am

So maybe farming the first 3* level for points is the way to go if you have a team that can do it efficiently?
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeFri Feb 15, 2013 10:58 am

Uriel wrote:
So maybe farming the first 3* level for points is the way to go if you have a team that can do it efficiently?

Seems to be the case, I've been farming the 2* level's thrillers and completing the levels. I can beat three thrillers and still complete the floor so I'm raking in about 8k points a run.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

D.O.T. - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: D.O.T.   D.O.T. - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

D.O.T.
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: General Chat-
Jump to: