Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Frission's Corner [images]

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Frission

Frission

Frission's Corner [images] Empty
PostSubject: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 2:24 pm

Hello!

Frission, here. I'm an art student working on my BFA, who's definitely gotten addicted to Fantasica. I've been wanting to try my hand at interpreting the cards on Fantasica, so I'll be slowly working my way through the hero units and monsters. Some designs will be more true to the originals while other pieces of fanart will definitely diverge greatly from the cards. My goal is to use these little fanart forays as practice for both digital art and anatomy. Any feedback will be appreciated!

The first attempt deals with the Monster card Triton. I'm not a big fan of the original design, so I did a rough digital sketch just playing with my idea of what a merman could look like. I'm not entirely happy though with it, as far as with this one working for "Triton". I think it ended up being a weird, random merman instead of a kick-butt version of the monster card. ^^; I'll keep trying.

Spoiler:

Next one I've got is a current work-in-progress. I'm working on my interpretation of Succubus as a Monster. This is still really rough, so please excuse the messiness. I'm much happier with this attempt though. Smile It helps that I'm using a life model reference book for this kind of pose, instead of completely winging it like the last one. *facepalm*

Spoiler:

Anyways, I hope everyone is having an excellent weekend! If I messed up on how I posted in here, please let me know. Just joined the forum, so I'm a bit new to its tagging system and the like.

Ta for now,

Frission
Back to top Go down
http://sketchedexistence.deviantart.com
Frission

Frission

PostSubject: Diane Interpretation W.i.P [image]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 5:44 pm

So, Succubus ended up staying a sketchy mess. I'm probably not even going to upload the end result of that attempt. Let's just say that it didn't go well. *cringes* On the plus side, third time's the charm!

Current drawing I'm working on is of Diane and the lines are much neater this time around. This one will definitely be successful, compared to the other two. I'm hoping to finish it tomorrow, unless I decide to work on it more later this evening.
Spoiler:

I've definitely tried to make her look like she doesn't have watermelons attached to her chest and I've changed the outfit up, though still trying to use some of the same color scheme. I'm wanting to go for a slightly more realistic approach in my interpretation. I'll be working on the hands, bow, and facial features more next and then flesh out the shading on the skin. Haven't decided on whether I'll give the poor girl feet. ^^;

Feedback, constructive criticism or the like is always appreciated.

Have a good one y'all!

-Frission

(Pose is from stock by deviantArtist Senshistock)
Back to top Go down
rourou1423
☆☆
rourou1423

PostSubject: Re: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 8:25 pm

I like the style, mess but a bit cool feel.. feel like so 60's
and your succusbus somehow look like faith Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frission

Frission

PostSubject: Re: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 07, 2013 9:27 pm

rourou1423 wrote:
I like the style, mess but a bit cool feel.. feel like so 60's
and your succusbus somehow look like faith Very Happy

Thanks! Glad you like the style despite the messiness! I'm hoping the next attempts including my Diane one will be a little neater than the first two drawings. Very Happy

Thanks for the feedback!
Back to top Go down
Frission

Frission

PostSubject: Completed Diana Interpretation [image]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 8:02 pm

Completed my interpretation of Diane.

The original card: art by miso
pose reference: stock by deviantART stock artist senshistock
medium used: paint tool SAI

Spoiler:

Next on my list to work on is either Incubus or Eleanor. Cards I'm planning to interpret also include:
Joachim
Claude
Helmut
Gerhard
Sheryl
Cats
Mylene
Claudio
Mihiro
Sogno
Debbie

And I'll re-attempt succubus (m and hero) and triton at a later date.

Last edited by Frission on Wed Jan 09, 2013 8:18 pm; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Uploaded wrong version of image initially.)
Back to top Go down
HoundR
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
HoundR

PostSubject: Re: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 7:01 pm

Nice thread Very Happy
I'd love to see your Cats (one of my favorite units) or Sheryl (my first 5*) when you do them.

Also, it's good when someone de-watermelons units, I think many of them would look better if they weren't so big.

Back to top Go down
Frission

Frission

PostSubject: Re: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeSat Jan 12, 2013 6:11 pm

HoundR wrote:
Nice thread Very Happy
I'd love to see your Cats (one of my favorite units) or Sheryl (my first 5*) when you do them.

Also, it's good when someone de-watermelons units, I think many of them would look better if they weren't so big.

Thanks!
It'll be interesting to work on those two cards. Sheryl looks like she'll definitely be challenging to do. I've made some progress on an interpretation of Eleanor and I'm looking up a variety of references for how I'm wanting to go about the Incubus card at the moment.

Hahah, well, I'm glad no one minds so far that I did that in the one design. I agree with you on that one. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Frission

Frission

PostSubject: Eleanor Work in progress and a failed Incubus Attempt [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeMon Jan 14, 2013 8:25 pm

Figured I'd update this today. I do have the beginnings of my interpretation of the Eleanor card done. This one shows some promise.
Spoiler:

On the other hand, I started the attempt at my attempt at an interpretation of Incubus. This is extremely different from the card in the game and isn't going as planned. It isn't bad, per se, but uh... yeah. Not what I was thinking it would be. ^^;
Spoiler:

Let's just say I'll be starting over on a separate drawing for Incubus. I might finish this one for kicks, but. Pffft. So not right for the theme.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:41 am

i like the style you draw in Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Frission's Corner [images]   Frission's Corner [images] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Frission's Corner [images]
Page 1 of 1