Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Game Mechanic Suggestions/list

Go down 
+13
KuroStar
deedlit228
Br4dford
Mangosz
hereticloki
ShYber
xtaroux
duhmichael17
Despoted
themadmanazn
myad
predator852
17 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

Game Mechanic Suggestions/list Empty
PostSubject: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Hey all! I've realized that there is one thing that every player who comes to this forum realizes two things:
A) Fantasica is a fun game
B) Fantasica could be more fun!

So I decided to make a thread where people can openly toss ideas out there on how to make the game better. I will make a sister thread, and post the link here!

In this thread I ONLY WANT IDEAS FOR GAME MECHANICS! I DO NOT WANT CRITICISM of proposals. That is what the other thread is for. I will add proposed Ideas to the first page of this thread and the second thread and give credit to the person who said it.

Link to sister thread: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3273-game-mechanic-suggestions-list-voteconstructive-criticizm#71170 Please post criticizm here!
I'm not going to lie: there are proposals that will make no sense. They will all make it to the first page in the beginning, but I will address the ways of which propsals can be taken off of the list...

I will start with some proposals

Fanta Player Base: a good fix of the economy could be to make a way to trade luna for te/pots in game. Something like:
200k= TE
150k= TE (p)
200k= Potion
150k= Potion (p)
This would make luna a useful trade material and give it a well needed sink!

Predator852: I love the idea of a leader, but I think the game could be more indepth. I think if we were able to pick a squad or team etc, it would be more fun. Each card could have a "squad effect", something that only activates when a card is in your squad. These would be small, ad unique effects such as:
squad exp + 5% (each unit in your squad gets an extra 5% exp when awarded exp)
ally damage +3% (when deploying an allies leader, that card gets an extra 3% in all damage)
leader speed +5% (your own leader gets an extra 3% speed when deployed)
These could go on and on, quest cooldown lowered, more battles per hour, more gold, more ally land attack, use any unit in an allies squad, more land attack for all deployed units, cut a percentage of all sea monsters life, more boss damage etc. It would add a HUGE layer of depth to the game and make cards like Alexander or Beatrix more sought after if they had a good squad skill...

Last edited by predator852 on Wed Jan 02, 2013 7:31 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 pm

Bleachcosplay: A list of suggestions to enhance the inbox in the game:
1) Have the ability to send cards out of the unit list into the inbox. A very simple and useful function we dont have.
2) Have a sorting button in the inbox (rarity high, level high, rarity low, level low,melee units only, monsters only, etc.). This would help keep plyers from picking cards they wanted to leave in the inbox and take cards that they wanted out faster.

Xzaral's tweak: Be able to sort between the units and monsters.

Kingdragon: Reduce the tradelock period to 10-15minutes, the tradelock is inconvienent

Chibileen's tweak: leave the tradelock time the same or make it 24hours, but make it possible for either player to cancel the trade at anytime.

Thalasar's tweak: first fifteen minutes either player can cancel, after that the 24hour period begins where only the other side can cancel.

Player Base tweak: Implement a server wide auction house/market. known drawback: value of cards would plummet across the board.

Myad: Would like to see positioning of units have more of an effect in quests/boss fights. For instance, each boss could have a weak spot (either secret or telegraphed) that would provide a bonus in speed/damage to a unit placed there.

Predator852's tweak: I've seen tower defense games where during the quest there would be forts or mana spots or something that gave boosts to towers, maybe something like that in fanta quests and increase monsters across the board.

Myad #2: Create a luna store or other ways to sink luna like:
1) Weekly buffs only purchaseable with luna like: larger inbox/item slots, additional trade slots etc.
2) special items (permanent or consumable) that could have nice effects like being equipted to leaders for buffs etc.

Themadmanazn: Make ally points more useful, probably by creating an ally ponts store. Inside you would be able to buy consumables:
A) 20k = TE
B) 15k = Potion
C) 7.5k = TE (p)
D) 5k = Potion (p)
Or you could buy things that were nt permanant, but maybe an "overdrive" on existing skills, boosting their effects for a short amount of time, or extending the bounds of skills like speed demon to include deployed ally leaders as well.

Despoted: Include a Speed Boost skill. Sister to Attack Boost, they would both raise DPS, but would have profoundly different effects during events. I.E. in the arena event, speed boost would produce the opposite effect of slow. Also, if it affected every deployed unit on the field, it would boost the effect of AA more than attack boost does.

Predator's tweak: While we're on the subject of boosting power, there should be a skill boost skill too. Much like battle seasoned, raising the level of units skills, or a card that had the skill of giving other units a second skill, like AA or knockback.

Predator852: This game lacks an endgame mechanic. I think a perfect endgame is already a big party of many other TD games out there: an endless mode. I havent really figured out how it would go together, but I figure the maps wouldnt be strait lines like the tower events, they would have turns and such.
1) You could deploy your own units and ally units, but depending on some factor (maybe a new stat like dexterity) they could only hit/kill a certain number of times before they went away and were put on a cooldown.
2) Or the stat could be health and the monsters could attack as they went by.
3) everytime a monster was killed, the next one that came out would be a level higher. So if a lvl1 imp was killed the next one to spawn would be lvl2. But the first goblin to spawn would be lvl1.
4) The spawn rate would be completely random, and monsters would never have a lvl limit (so you could eventually face a lvl 235 imp.
5) Units would still get exp based on hits/kills
6) after reaching a certain BP amount you would be rewarded with increasingly good rewards such as cards/consumables.
7) after a huge amount of BP or time survived you would begin to be rewarded with units that were tailor made to survive endless.
Cool A lifetime/event leaderboard that updated as records were broken.
9)maybe a spectator mode so others could watch you do it.
10) special endless only monster skills that high level monsters 200< would get like explode and spawn and invisible

Duhmichael17: Increase the level cap, most players are maxed or pretty close to it. With this should come weekly, or even daily bufffs to skills and enhancements we already have. Finally, if we had double the levels, there would be room to double the effectiveness of all of our skills!

Duhmichael17 2:Guilds. We should have guilds as well as allies. Guilds should be a completely different part of the game where we would have guild events.
I.E. A huge sprawling area, so large we would have to scroll through (each guild would have their own) and members could go and place one or a few of their units anywhere, but there would be a 1-3 hour cooldown before they could move them. then, throughout the course of the day or week, monsters (some bosses) would come through, and based on the overall kills or BP the guilds would be ranked! Of course there would be a limit of guild members, maybe between 20 and 50.

Last edited by predator852 on Fri Jan 04, 2013 10:40 am; edited 9 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:17 pm

57803882: Add some way for free players to actively participate in the Boss Quests during the Panel Events- i.e. by selling Wish Tickets for luna, or giving a cooldown for each one that is removed by an appropriate amount of Wish Tickets, or giving out some Wish Tickets as a daily login bonus... It could also help by making the BP given per quest more consistant, so players could do whatever quest they wanted, and not just 25-3...

57803882 #2: Add a "Forced Rest Mechanic" so that players who didn't play for 8 hours strait would get a rest bonus, effectivly making any gameplay after that more rewarding or ALTERNATIVLY:
Add a new energy or "action point" that depletes as you play, but slowly so that they could last ~16hours, and if a player has none, gameplay is not effective or does not reward the player at all. The only way to get these action points back would be to not play for a certain period of time...

ShYber: There should be more pure TE buying options, like in most other mobile games, that gives a little bit more extra with every purchase. I.E. 1 for $1, 12 for $10, 30 for $20, 75 for $50

Hereticloki: the arena should be split up (PVP-wise) into "weight classes". Specifically, teams should be "weighed" by their average star count, the smallest being 1 and the largest being 6 of course. The average would always be rounded up, so that the only way to get a 6* into a 5* weight class would be to have one 6*, three 5*s and 1 4*. Still, that team would probably dominate a team of 5*s...
The rankings would be weighed similarly, so although the 6* weight class might have the top 15 get the 6* reward, the top 15 in the one* class would probably get 50te. The seperate ranks would be purely so that lower end players could take solace knowing they would be pitted against equal powered groups.
This would provide more variation in gameplay, make the arena even more of a thinking game, give 1 and 2*s more value etc.

57803882's tweak: Insted of doing it by star count, do it by Deploy Cost...

Predator852's tweak: I like the star count one, but brackets wouldnt really work. I.E., if I had a 12*team, I really can't think of a reason not to shuffle units just to get to 14*s and have as much weight as possible, thus having the biggest chance to win. (I'm pretty sure wrestlers already do this, trying to manage their weight to be as close to the max as they can without going over).
So I suggest just having specific star counts: 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. that players must reach. there would be a 2star leeway so players who only had 3 6*s could get into the 30* count if they really wanted to, or they could assemble a 5 5* team and play at the 25* level.

Myad #3: In the arena, when you lose, your opponent gains a bit of BT. may not have to be the full amount that is rewarded for a win. but at least some is better than none. it will then make people think and analyse who them will attack next. It would also further reward players who put together an exceptional team.

deedlit228: An albuming mechanic. Players could choose to "lend" a card to another player for a specific amount of time. During this time the owner would not be able to use the card. When the predetermined amount of time is up the card would automatically go back to the owner.

Last edited by predator852 on Sat Jan 12, 2013 11:05 pm; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:18 pm

reserved
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:50 pm

i would like to see that positioning of units actually makes a difference in the quests & boss fights...

i mean besides that one reported case (don't ever put short range units at the corners)...

to elaborate... for example, in boss fights... perhaps a weakness at certain area... so some units placed at certain areas get additional bonus. and this weak area can change -- to make cheat sheet not so useful.

otherwise, this game is really nothing more than just another FB-type of game where you just click and click... i mean, it's disguised as a TD game, but seriously, after a certain level... we all breeze thru the TD concept... there's no strategy in placing units. just quickly place them and get back to doing out thing while the animation continues till the quest/ boss fight ends.
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:51 pm

luna being made more useful...

* like weekly fees to increase inbox size...
* fee for additional trade slot
* used to by special items.... <-- ok, see next suggestion. Smile
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:53 pm

special items for each leader... basically, once we get the items (strictly thru Luna as to avoid having too many type of packs to buy) and also to make Luna more useful...

these bonuses can be extra damage, improved speed, etc...
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 7:59 pm

Make Ally Points more useful!

It is kind of annoying to me that once you max all skills, ally points cease to be useful in ANY capacity. I would like to see an ally point store where you can buy TEs or Pots with ally points. Maybe 5k ally points for a Pot (P), 7.5k for a TE (P), 15K for a Pot, 20k for a TE. Something like that.

Another suggestion would be an "overdrive" use for ally points for skills. Maybe you can boost some skills even higher for a temporary amount of time with ally points.
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 9:57 pm

Include "Speed Boost" unit skill.

It's the sister skill to "Attack Boost" and just seems like an obvious skill to include since the beginning. Though both skills essentially raise a unit's DPS under most circumstances, their effects produce different results during events. For example, during arena events, speed boost would produce the opposite effect of "Slow" for your team. I think the ability would provide a bit more variety to the units and depth to the game.
Back to top Go down
duhmichael17

duhmichael17

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 03, 2013 11:37 pm

Honestly, (this was sort of inferred in some ways), but I think an increased level cap is well overdue. I've been at level100 for a while now, and my AP and BP have maxed out.

I like the idea of weekly, or even daily, buffs for stats and enhancements.

But adding new skills, or even doubling the level caps of them as well as level 200 for player level, would be really nice.

And implementation of guilds, as well! And guild events!

Imagine a huge sprawling area, big enough that you'd have to scroll through, with large walls and forts to place your units on. Throughout the event, monsters would constantly rush through and every so often a boss monster would, too. You could place a unit (or perhaps up to a certain number) anywhere on the map, and maybe have a 1-3 hour cooldown on when to move it. There could be a limit of 20 to maybe even 50 members per guild!
The guilds with the highest number of monsters killed, or whatever the point count is as used in the panel events, would get ranked and rewarded.

Back to top Go down
xtaroux
☆☆☆☆☆
xtaroux

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 1:26 am

I don't like the fixed luna=te cost in game idea. The inflation will never fluctuate and value never changes.

My idea would be something like adding a bonus to your card. A special skill.. like a ring that increases speed of your card or something like that. The mix and matching would be fun.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 10:30 am

xtaroux wrote:
I don't like the fixed luna=te cost in game idea. The inflation will never fluctuate and value never changes.

Just so you know, this should go here: http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t3273-game-mechanic-suggestions-list-voteconstructive-criticizm#71170
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 2:31 pm

Add some way for free players to actively participate in the Boss Quests during the Panel Events- i.e. by selling Wish Tickets for luna, or giving a cooldown for each one that is removed by an appropriate amount of Wish Tickets, or giving out some Wish Tickets every day...

It's really a pity that almost all the players never even see most of the Bosses that were specially prepared for that event!

Also, reduce amount of BT points gained from grinding the same quest repeatedly, so that players have an incentive to do different ones instead of the endless repeat of 23-5(or 25-3, don't remember which one exactly)...

Add something like forced Player Rest mechanic: by not playing the game for 8 hours, you get a Rest bonus that double your normal BT/XP/luna/wins/etc gained during active play for the next 8 hours.

Alternative: Add Player Action points that you exhaust during active play, so that 16 hours is enough to completely spend them.Without them, all your earnings are 0.
To regain it, you have to spend 8 hours not playing.
Back to top Go down
ShYber

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 04, 2013 5:09 pm

they need to add more TE buying options like other TCG games. I played a lot of Dark Summoner before I started playing Fantasica...in DS you could buy EP (essentially TE) 4-5 different ways. Buy one for $.99, Buy 10 for $9.50, buy 25 for $23.99, etc etc. The more in bulk you buy the more you get back for your dollar.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:22 pm

Sorry it took so long to update, this event has been exausting me...
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeSun Jan 06, 2013 11:25 pm

ShYber wrote:
they need to add more TE buying options like other TCG games. I played a lot of Dark Summoner before I started playing Fantasica...in DS you could buy EP (essentially TE) 4-5 different ways. Buy one for $.99, Buy 10 for $9.50, buy 25 for $23.99, etc etc. The more in bulk you buy the more you get back for your dollar.
you get that when you buy the mobacoins, no? Very Happy
Back to top Go down
hereticloki
☆☆
hereticloki

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 08, 2013 11:10 am

This would be for arena specific events only but what about weight classes?

They could be setup as total number of stars in the team, in increments of 5.

Flyweight 5*
Middleweight 10*
Bantamweight 15*
Light Heavyweight 20*
Heavyweight 25*
Super Heavyweight 30*

Obv the Super Heavyweight class would be the one that wins the mutiple 6* prizes, but those players would be the only ones with a shot at them anyway.

This would give moba an opportunity to include the lower ranked players amongst themselves, and give everyone more of an opportunity to rank "high"

I mean I'd rather be ranked as a top 10 Heavyweight then a 400 something overall...
Back to top Go down
Mangosz

Mangosz

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:44 am

I just want training to give my leader exp. :I
Back to top Go down
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 1:59 am

hereticloki wrote:

Flyweight 5*
Middleweight 10*
Bantamweight 15*
Light Heavyweight 20*
Heavyweight 25*
Super Heavyweight 30*

Obv the Super Heavyweight class would be the one that wins the mutiple 6* prizes, but those players would be the only ones with a shot at them anyway.

This would give moba an opportunity to include the lower ranked players amongst themselves, and give everyone more of an opportunity to rank "high"

I mean I'd rather be ranked as a top 10 Heavyweight then a 400 something overall...

Arena already does it, although with much more balanced Deploy Cost, instead of Star rating.
And I'm afraid all the winning Flyweight teams are going to consist of one Tier 1 5 star unit only.

I'd rather have several tiers of arena deploy cost combat - 50 for flyweight, 150 for Super Heavyweight, etc.
Back to top Go down
hereticloki
☆☆
hereticloki

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:20 am

57803882 wrote:
hereticloki wrote:

Flyweight 5*
Middleweight 10*
Bantamweight 15*
Light Heavyweight 20*
Heavyweight 25*
Super Heavyweight 30*

Arena already does it, although with much more balanced Deploy Cost, instead of Star rating.
And I'm afraid all the winning Flyweight teams are going to consist of one Tier 1 5 star unit only.

I'd rather have several tiers of arena deploy cost combat - 50 for flyweight, 150 for Super Heavyweight, etc.

I meant leaving the 100 DC total team cost in place then rating the team based on total number of *s in addition to the previous requirement.

If Deploy cost is the ONLY balancing factor, the following units would be considered equal...

Ada
Iwan
Geronimo
Xiahou Dun
Werewolf Unit
Lu Bu

All are DC 30, but somehow I don't expect to be offered a Lu Bu for my Ada...

And if Greifers want to try using 1 5* to crush the lower levels, require 5 unit teams or fill the roster with "Blank" 1*s. Then 1 5* would be at least Middleweight. And even then the lower tiers would still be more competitive than that same low tier team up against 5 6* units.
Back to top Go down
Br4dford
☆☆
Br4dford

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:30 am

how about earning TPs while in the training screen? this really bothers me during recruitments and training events.
Back to top Go down
ShYber

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 09, 2013 9:43 am

myad wrote:
ShYber wrote:
you get that when you buy the mobacoins, no? Very Happy

Not really the same at all. Other tcg games give incentives to buy their ingame version of te with bulk discounts. In fantasica buying te is unattractive since its a set price
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Game Mechanic Suggestions/list   Game Mechanic Suggestions/list I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Game Mechanic Suggestions/list
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next