Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Step-Up Pack Vol. 1

Go down 
+46
Elesius
nathantmorin
pnoytroi
Kyliexh
TypeAlpha
Despoted
bleachcosplay
dynamicZX
ShYber
orkiegi
Onisunit
Xzaral
QuietLight
wilyone
mythic99
myad
mslbm
kyaaya
MrMaster1991
lmnseason
Thyruz
Roverwijn
larrydust
Slean
aubade888
Kadaan
Piggers
athrunjustice0
predator852
orionknight
Augi128
po1102
ilykeetinpp
snofuzz
Whizzah
Shinrasoldier
furoki
arcrates
Thalasar
Domshrek
Almighty97
Lares
KuroStar
memphiskite
BkWiz
ChibiLeen
50 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
athrunjustice0
☆☆
athrunjustice0

Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 12:56 pm

Someone remember how card pull for each step?
Back to top Go down
Piggers
☆☆
Piggers

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:30 pm

Pulled Steps 1-6

Got two 4* cards and the rest 3* cards. FML
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 1:56 pm

Piggers wrote:
Pulled Steps 1-6

Got two 4* cards and the rest 3* cards. FML

Just pulled step 7:

Anton
Lieslotte
Scarlet
Biance
Gleb
Maia
Mylene
Virgil
Angela
Anton
Hector
Partenope

Only one 3* and the rest 4*, but that was $50 vs a $30 megabox for 2 less cards -.-.
Back to top Go down
http://www.fantasicawiki.com/
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:24 pm

Dramatic Rendering of The Dialog in My Head After Seeing This Pack:

Good: Phew, so glad I decided not to spend any more money on this game. Mobage is so evil. Screw them.
Bad: But Lexy, the card pack says 6* on it, that means you can get one..you should buy it.
Good: But my credit card...;__; It barely has anything left on it
Bad: Who cares about being poor when you have a 6* Everyone will think you're awesome and want to give you high fives.
Good: But I don't want to live on top ramen for a month so I can have a sweet card in a cellphone app game.
Bad: it's like going out to eat 5 times, doo etttt

Oh look, a shiny object! *Crisis Averted*
Back to top Go down
Slean

Slean

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:42 pm

Pulled steps 1-7 and got 1 5* monster (devil) and the rest 3 and 4 *s ...
Well at least I got some TE(P)
Back to top Go down
snofuzz

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 3:55 pm

just finished step 6 and gotten 1 sergei and rest all 3*s wtf is going on?
1 to 6 all 3*s except 1 sergei
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:27 pm

I'm not very good at figuring out math and statistics and stuff, but I saw someone say that 5* will be devalued because everyone will be pulling more. Is that because people will be spending more to buy this pack, or does it have something to do with the pack its self? Doesn't the pack only guarantee increased 6* success? So the chance of pulling a 5* is the same as you would get with a regular prem ticket.

So what you're buying is essentially a 2% chance to get a new 6* and nothing else?
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:37 pm

aubade888 wrote:
So what you're buying is essentially a 2% chance to get a new 6* and nothing else?

Basically, yes. However there are also two limited edition units (one 4* and one 6*) as well as the limited edition Dark Elf Series reprint included with these packs.

However the JP wiki makes it sound like with the 7th step you are guaranteed only 4* and up. I pulled 11x 4* and 1x 3* when I bought the 7th step and that 3* was Hector from the Dark Elf series so it may be correct.

http://www.fantasicawiki.com/wiki/Step_Up_Packs
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 4:43 pm

Kadaan wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Basically, yes. However there are also two limited edition units (one 4* and one 6*) as well as the limited edition Dark Elf Series reprint included with these packs.

However the JP wiki makes it sound like with the 7th step you are guaranteed only 4* and up. I pulled 11x 4* and 1x 3* when I bought the 7th step and that 3* was Hector from the Dark Elf series so it may be correct.

Ah, cool. Ty!

It was weird. I could have sworn I saw someone selling beatrix for 200 te today. But I thought I read it wrong.

Edit: Mathematically speaking wouldn't it be better to buy 2 event packs than the step-up if your goal was a 6*? Even if it's .02% it's out of 7 cards. It seems like better odds than 2% out of 200+ cards.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:02 pm

aubade888 wrote:
Kadaan wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Ah, cool. Ty!

It was weird. I could have sworn I saw someone selling beatrix for 200 te today. But I thought I read it wrong.

Edit: Mathematically speaking wouldn't it be better to buy 2 event packs than the step-up if your goal was a 6*? Even if it's .02% it's out of 7 cards. It seems like better odds than 2% out of 200+ cards.

It's better to buy the 2% rather than the .2% irregardless if it was 10 or 100 cards.
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:06 pm

aubade888 wrote:

The odds are per card and not per box. So that 0.2% chance is checked for each card.

Think of it like rolling dice. There's a 1/6 chance of rolling a 6 per die so it doesn't matter if you roll 7 dice or 200.
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:07 pm

BkWiz wrote:
aubade888 wrote:
Kadaan wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Ah, cool. Ty!

It's better to buy the 2% rather than the .2% irregardless if it was 10 or 100 cards.

Kay, thanks! I am gonna take statistics this semester so I won't suck as much at this XD.
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:11 pm

aubade888 wrote:

Good: Phew, so glad I decided not to spend any more money on this game. Mobage is so evil. Screw them.
Bad: But Lexy, the card pack says 6* on it, that means you can get one..you should buy it.
Bad: Who cares about being poor when you have a 6* Everyone will think you're awesome and want to give you high fives.
Good: But I don't want to live on top ramen for a month so I can have a sweet card in a cellphone app game.

This conversation is awesome. I almost fell out of my seat laughing when I read it. Thank you! Laughing clown
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:16 pm

larrydust wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

This conversation is awesome. I almost fell out of my seat laughing when I read it. Thank you! Laughing clown

Lmao! *Crisis averted*!!!!!
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 5:40 pm

I am glad my caffeine fueled rampage could amuse a dog and alcoholic cat. XD
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:23 pm

aubade888 wrote:

Lmao 2 dogs!!!
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:25 pm

predator852 wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Lmao 2 dogs!!!

Oh crap, lost my glasses @___@
Back to top Go down
Piggers
☆☆
Piggers

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 6:46 pm

Against my better judgement, went ahead and pulled the trigger on the final Step 7 Pack.

It was all 4 stars at least, but still not what i was hoping for.
Back to top Go down
Roverwijn

Roverwijn

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:43 pm

Now I really feel like I bend over and take it up the ...
Pulled cards untill step 6, got five lvl 4* two the same and one monstercard. After that only 3*... feeling really sick about myself for buying these. Well not so happy new year. Beter by normal packs is my advice.
Back to top Go down
Thyruz
☆☆☆
Thyruz

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 7:58 pm

same here, until step 6 lots of 3* and few 4* Sad
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 8:23 pm

aubade888 wrote:
I'm not very good at figuring out math and statistics and stuff, but I saw someone say that 5* will be devalued because everyone will be pulling more. Is that because people will be spending more to buy this pack, or does it have something to do with the pack its self? Doesn't the pack only guarantee increased 6* success? So the chance of pulling a 5* is the same as you would get with a regular prem ticket.

I was the guy who said that. XD Anyways, not all 5* cards will be devalued. Some 5* that has a good damage stat will barely lose it's value or may remain at it's current value. Right now, there is a huge amount of 5* cards out there and more than 75% of them are not likely ideal to be sold due to it's low stats almost making them worth close to a high stat 4* card.

Is it possible to sell them? Yes.

Those low stat 5* cards can be used for battle arena. If the price is right, people will buy them but if they are priced too much, many people would rather use 4* cards that are close to a low stat 5* card.

There are way too many paying players and they are spending a load of cash towards the game. This has also ruined to basic trading system where you trad 5 max leveled cards for a higher tier. Right now, cards are being sold as individual items rather than being sold at a rarity level.

Last edited by lmnseason on Mon Dec 31, 2012 8:29 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
aubade888
☆☆☆
aubade888

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:06 pm

lmnseason wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

I was the guy who said that. XD Anyways, not all 5* cards will be devalued. Some 5* that has a good damage stat will barely lose it's value or may remain at it's current value. Right now, there is a huge amount of 5* cards out there and more than 75% of them are not likely ideal to be sold due to it's low stats almost making them worth close to a high stat 4* card.

Those low stat 5* cards can be used for battle arena. If the price is right, people will buy them but if they are priced too much, many people would rather use 4* cards that are close to a low stat 5* card.

There are way too many paying players and they are spending a load of cash towards the game. This has also ruined to basic trading system where you trad 5 max leveled cards for a higher tier. Right now, cards are being sold as individual items rather than being sold at a rarity level.

Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining. Sorry I didn't find your post and credit you with your idea!

The game economy makes me so sad sometimes. Some days I feel on top of the world, and others it's like I am selling bags of arsenic rather than nice 5* cards. XD

It will be interesting to see the fate of this batch of event cards. Some people are saying that the Qiao girls are like prettier versions of Adolph. I think Xiao will be okay though.
Back to top Go down
MrMaster1991

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 9:51 pm

threw 70€ to go from 1 to 6, only pulled 3 and 4*, now i'm afraid of pressing again and not getting anything worth the other 50:/
Back to top Go down
Kadaan
☆☆☆
Kadaan

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 31, 2012 11:15 pm

The last step gives you 12 cards all 4* or higher (you can still get the Dark Elf 3* units, just not the regular 3* units). You also have double the chances of a 5* (5% vs 2.5% for steps 1-6) and 10x the chance of a 6*.

Either pull through step 7 or don't pull at all, steps 1-6 are a huge waste.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Jan 01, 2013 3:20 am

aubade888 wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
aubade888 wrote:

Ah, I see. Thank you for explaining. Sorry I didn't find your post and credit you with your idea!

The game economy makes me so sad sometimes. Some days I feel on top of the world, and others it's like I am selling bags of arsenic rather than nice 5* cards. XD

It will be interesting to see the fate of this batch of event cards. Some people are saying that the Qiao girls are like prettier versions of Adolph. I think Xiao will be okay though.

Don't worry about it. Smile Right now, the market is really confusing but the value of cards are not up to me. It is to be dictated by the game maker and the community but as for now, it is going with my own observation.

With the game producer finding ways to make more money, there is this chance where 5* is overproduced and one day, 6* cards will also decline in price greatly after 7* cards are released at a rate. Even right now, we can all notice the drop prices of 6* cards.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Step-Up Pack Vol. 1   Step-Up Pack Vol. 1 - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Step-Up Pack Vol. 1
Page 2 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next