Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

New user, stuck on initializing

Go down 
+5
larrydust
memphiskite
Ahri312
Despoted
EevilBeaver
9 posters
AuthorMessage
EevilBeaver

New user, stuck on initializing Empty
PostSubject: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:29 pm

I downloaded the game just recently and started getting in to it.... now i cannot get the game to start. It connects to the servers but gets stuck on initializing. I was just playing an hour ago!!! I tried clearing the cache, reinstalling and restarting to no avail. I evan found a APK from mobage to clear the cache for this game but nothing works. Sorry if this is a post that has been answered but the search functionality didn't hit anything....

:Cheers:

EevilBeaver
Back to top Go down
EevilBeaver

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:31 pm

BTW, i don't know my in game ID number because i CANT LOGIN! I will fix once i CAN login.

EevilBeaver
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:50 pm

I am having the exact same problem. I've contacted Mobage support regarding the problem so hopefully I'll hear back from them soon.
Back to top Go down
Ahri312

Ahri312

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 7:57 pm

lol I was just about to make a thread about this! Glad I'm not the only one with this issue. And I was just playing the game, then literally a minute later, I had this problem....also sent mobage an email
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:14 pm

I just advanced to getting stalled at "Connecting to network"
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:52 pm

Yeah, I've been having the same issue as well and it was working before this error occurred.
I assumed my poor mobile internet connection was causing its delays but it seems like that's not even an issue for you guys.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Ahri312

Ahri312

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 8:55 pm

memphiskite wrote:
Yeah, I've been having the same issue as well and it was working before this error occurred.
I assumed my poor mobile internet connection was causing its delays but it seems like that's not even an issue for you guys.

I don't believe internet connection is the issue here. I can acces other mobage games, and I even tried to launch the game with wifi on. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I hope they fix it fast! This really hurts my chances at the 1.5m bt 5* card :/
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 18, 2012 9:05 pm

Ahri312 wrote:
memphiskite wrote:

I don't believe internet connection is the issue here. I can acces other mobage games, and I even tried to launch the game with wifi on. I'm not sure what the issue is, but I hope they fix it fast! This really hurts my chances at the 1.5m bt 5* card :/

Oh, what I meant was that my own internet connection on my mobile tends to disconnect automatically every 2 to 5 mins due to poor network access or phone overheating. Because of that, I assumed that it had trouble maintaining the internet connection while it was updating.... 'something' I assumed...

... but after reading this, it doesn't seem to be the case, so I'm somewhat relieved at the moment.

Honestly, I have to say I don't mind not being able to play due to some bad errors that is out of my hands to fix, because I can use this as an excuse to not to buy anymore boxes for the time being.... Neutral
Back to top Go down
larrydust
☆☆
larrydust

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:18 pm

A question for you Android users which are having this connection issue. What version of Fantasica are you currently running?

Go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Fantasica. Near the top of the screen, just under the title "Fantasica" will be the version number. (Will probably be 1.7.0.8 or 1.9.0.2.4.)

I was unable to run version 1.9 without major connection issues. However, my error messages were different, as I was getting an "Error Parsing Data!" message and the game would not move past connecting to the servers. But since they are both connection issues on Android devices, perhaps they might be connected.

Since Google Play only has the newest (v1.9.0.2.4) and it was not working for me, I installed an older version (v1.7.0.8 ) and allowed it to only update from within the app. I have not had any problems at all since I've done that. I had posted this in another thread:

Quote :
If you need to do this, you will need to enter Settings>Applications and check "Unknown Sources." Then go to the third-party website which contains an older version of Fantasica and download/install it. Once this is done, you can uncheck "Unknown Sources" if you like.

The website I used to download the older version is: http://www.androidgamesroom.com/stand-alone-games/83967.htm (I have used this site to download a few apps before and have never found any problems.

I hope some are able to find this helpful. If this is unrelated to this issue, I apologize for taking up your time. (Running Fantasica v1.7.0.8 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.)
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 2:55 pm

I am running 1.7.0.8 on ICS with no issues.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:05 pm

larrydust wrote:
I hope some are able to find this helpful. If this is unrelated to this issue, I apologize for taking up your time. (Running Fantasica v1.7.0.8 on Android 2.3 Gingerbread.)

Issue is now resolved thanks to this tip. Was able to connect on various devices, but not my main phone. Much appreciated Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Lares

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 3:59 pm

Yeah, I am having the same problem, suddenly my Phone just has huge troubles connecting to the Server's suddenly. It's constantly stuck on "Preparing Fantasica". I was grinding constantly since the new Event and well I can't really do much now.
Sometimes I am lucky and I can do one or two quests, but then it won't connect again for an hour or longer.

I am not using Wifi to connect to the Internet and I got an Samsung Galaxy S 3. Fantasica runs on 1.9 and I got Android 2.3 Gingerbread.
Since I am running on my phone connection I can't download games right now....ugh, so happy to get home and have wifi again.
Other games are working fine though, the Web Browser as well.

Edit: The game works again. Smoothly. Still I lost some precious hours >.>
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
memphiskite

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 19, 2012 5:12 pm

Went to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Fantasica and I can see that I am running on the latest update 1.9.0.2.4, which is correct since I did uninstall and reinstall the app just to see what happens.

I do know most people had issues with the new android update from the Google Play store, but since mine updated fine, I assumed I wasn't one of them & thought I was doing alright.

Downloaded the older version from the site given above, and it's now working fine.

Thanks for the assistance, larrydust. Smile
Back to top Go down
EevilBeaver

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 20, 2012 12:53 pm

I got this reply from Mobage and it worked....

Thank you for writing in, I am happy to help.

There is one thing you can try. The following steps will walk you through uninstallation & removal of Fantasica in addition to the removal of all Mobage data from your device. Please use caution if you choose to follow the instructions outlined, at your own risk. You will not lose your Fantasica data.

1. Load the “Settings” menu on your device
2. Tap on “Applications”
3. Tap on “Manage Applications”
4. Locate and tap on “Fantasica”
5. Tap on “Uninstall”
6. Using a file manager included with your device (or a 3rd party file manager, such as Astro), locate the “.ngmoco” folder
7. Tap and hold the “.ngmoco” folder
8. Tap “edit”
9. Tap “delete”

You may then reinstall the application from the Android Market. Make sure to sign in using your existing Mobage Name and password.

EevilBeaver
Back to top Go down
ChibiLaharl

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 14, 2013 7:35 pm

if anyone encounters this again,just go to Settings>Applications>Manage Applications>Fantasica and delete the data, it will be like a fresh install and ask you to log-in etc.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: New user, stuck on initializing   New user, stuck on initializing I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

New user, stuck on initializing
Page 1 of 1