Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Raise your hand if you hate this event

Go down 
+24
Strenhelden
turtlesaur
Uriel
Ryokushin
kgst
po1102
shinjichan
aszutai
manabe
lmnseason
myad
mythic99
themadmanazn
Despoted
BkWiz
Blargod
predator852
Ghost_Star
Whenesday
Kingcolex
joeladams20
KuroStar
zachay2000
28 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:28 am

predator852 wrote:
Yeah I'm fond of training events because they dont glue me t my phone 10 minutes at a time, Mainly, when I sleep at night I can wake up every hour, fill my quene w/bosses and then fall asleep and let them flee so the next day they'll all be low level again. And I can even manage to play in class.

Fantasica does a lot of things right, although I hate to admit it. Let's look at the 4 core event types. They each fall into one of two categories:

Tower Event(Amazon Forest)/PvP Event (Den of Sin): These two events are very dynamic. They offer the casual player something to grind and gain as they please, and really, the more you do the more you get. For the more hardcore players high ranks give great event rewards, and in the case of the PvP the biggest spenders can come out in an extremely favorable position like LeExcellen recently did when he took 2 Marybells. Also, because they are on 10 minute times, a free player who dedicates a week of their life in this game can snag a top position, because everyone cant play every 10 minutes.

Ticket Event (FoA2)/ Training Event (Soul Hunters): These events are geared toward rewarding those who spend excessivly. Yeah, for free players there isn't really much there for them. But for paying players it is really easy to excell in one of these events without doing too much work, as long as you have the wallet for it. And face it, some games that are free to play never give free players chances to prosper, so the fact that Fanta gives free players the tower and PvP event is already generous.

Also, the game does a pretty good job of always offering a new expierience. A new event EVERY WEEK??? That's something few other mobile games can boast.

On top of all that, there's the uniquity. All trading card games are the same. RoB, Marvel War of Hero's, even Urban Rivals (a game that I admit I love, and have mentioned on multiple occasions that there are things each of these games can learn from eachother) have too many similarites for me. Fanta adds the Tower Defense formula, something that I believe is genius in of itself. Also, the unique spins they put on the gameplay to make events is very well thought out.

Finally, I would like to address the ally system. Honestly, I believe this is the best group mechanic I've seen in a mobile game. It is the alternative to the Guild/order etc. componant that i for one believe is very binding. With the ally system everyone's team is unique. No matter who you are, you are the leader of the people you rely on to help you excel. Don't like one ally? Drop him! You don't need to ask your guild leader, there's no clearance nessasary, and you don't have to micromanage a group of people to get the best for your gameplay. Because the honest truth is, if you can find 30 people that play all the time and are self sufficent, the 30 people that make up your personal "order" will support you without trying.

These are a few reasons that I choose not to attack Fanta everytime something goes wrong. Because as money hungry as it is, it is a game that is a welcome change from the regular mobile and console game scene. This game has kept my attention since late August. That puts it on a tier with Pokemon, Fire Emblem, and Diablo 2 for me. Because the truth is no other game (and I've played a lot) has been able to keep my attention for more than 2 months.

For all the free players angry about the Schools Out Event
Back to top Go down
myad
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:34 am

guys... if you hate this event... or any event... just sit out and let the rest (like me) have a shot at the prizes... Smile

update1: edited the typo...

Last edited by myad on Thu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:42 am

To be fair, 800,000BT is a reasonable, and although not easy, a feasible way for a free player to get a 5*.
Back to top Go down
Ryokushin

Ryokushin

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:46 am

themadmanazn wrote:
To be fair, 800,000BT is a reasonable, and although not easy, a feasible way for a free player to get a 5*.

Just spam 25-3 a lot :3
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:48 am

themadmanazn wrote:
If you got no work and no school, this might be the case.

The amount of TE you need is best spent towards a 5* unit tho.
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:29 am

I personally don't mind the 800k bt price. Panel events like others said will always be pay to win, maybe with the exception of Sun & Moon. Same thing with training events.

As a free player you'll have better chance succeeding at Tower or Arena event, even making it to top rank provided that you have a huge amount of resources saved up over time (TE to buy the event unit and to burn during event).

Again as others have said, to do well in Fantasica you either have to invest time or money. If you are unwilling to put forth neither, probably will have to settle with playing the game casually and enjoy whatever benefits/fun/joy the events can provide to you at that level. Just don't expect to perform as well as others who have put in far more time/money.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
kgst
☆☆☆
kgst

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 4:38 am

themadmanazn wrote:

You get around 900 BT for doing 25-3 which I have been told is the best quest to do, with a 5 minute cooldown means if you did it nonstop with perfect timing it would take you 74 hours. This event is six days long meaning you would have to do quest 25-3 perfectly for just over 12 hours a day while the quest goes on to hit 800k BT.
Back to top Go down
http://FantasiTrade.com
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 8:09 am

aszutai wrote:
I personally don't mind the 800k bt price. Panel events like others said will always be pay to win, maybe with the exception of Sun & Moon. Same thing with training events.

As a free player you'll have better chance succeeding at Tower or Arena event, even making it to top rank provided that you have a huge amount of resources saved up over time (TE to buy the event unit and to burn during event).

Again as others have said, to do well in Fantasica you either have to invest time or money. If you are unwilling to put forth neither, probably will have to settle with playing the game casually and enjoy whatever benefits/fun/joy the events can provide to you at that level. Just don't expect to perform as well as others who have put in far more time/money.

If you are going to buy an event unit for an event, here is a list of events in order from greatest importance to get a 6* event unit if competing to the least important :

Tower > Training > Panel > Arena

Yes, arena event units are the LEAST useful in terms of 'value' relative to to advantage/points gained.

One day I'll explain it, but it's too early in the morning for math and a long discussion...
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:25 am

Never too early for math and long discussions Wink
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:35 am

lmnseason wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:
If you got no work and no school, this might be the case.

The amount of TE you need is best spent towards a 5* unit tho.

Depends on your time management Razz.

kgst wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

You get around 900 BT for doing 25-3 which I have been told is the best quest to do, with a 5 minute cooldown means if you did it nonstop with perfect timing it would take you 74 hours. This event is six days long meaning you would have to do quest 25-3 perfectly for just over 12 hours a day while the quest goes on to hit 800k BT.

You got a better way to get a 5*? I guess do one lap of tower and pray recruitment works. Last recruitment event I failed twice with "extremely high odds" on Sleipnir so I am a bit disenchanted with the recruitment. At least here I know I will be getting my 5*.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:39 am

BkWiz wrote:
aszutai wrote:

If you are going to buy an event unit for an event, here is a list of events in order from greatest importance to get a 6* event unit if competing to the least important :

Yes, arena event units are the LEAST useful in terms of 'value' relative to to advantage/points gained.

One day I'll explain it, but it's too early in the morning for math and a long discussion...

I am interested to see the math, lol. I have never perceived event units to be that important in tower since their bonus is fixed and I perceived me getting bulk of my BT from bosses and the event unit bonus next to boss boss BT seems tiny. I guess there is no real way to buy BT in panel so that raises the value of the event units BT bonus.
Back to top Go down
turtlesaur

turtlesaur

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 9:47 am

I love this event.

Last edited by turtlesaur on Thu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:05 am

themadmanazn wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
aszutai wrote:

I am interested to see the math, lol. I have never perceived event units to be that important in tower since their bonus is fixed and I perceived me getting bulk of my BT from bosses and the event unit bonus next to boss boss BT seems tiny. I guess there is no real way to buy BT in panel so that raises the value of the event units BT bonus.

I'm pretty sure BK is speaking about events where series units don't add to the BP, but just get power boosts, in which case it is more simple than it looks at first.

1) the new 6* will be one in 5, where in the other events they are 1/1 because you dont have a team
2) unless the event card is an S speed, a five Charles team will probably perform better than 4 Charles and the event unit.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:12 am

themadmanazn wrote:

You got a better way to get a 5*? I guess do one lap of tower and pray recruitment works. Last recruitment event I failed twice with "extremely high odds" on Sleipnir so I am a bit disenchanted with the recruitment. At least here I know I will be getting my 5*.

I feel for you on this sir, had the same thing happen. My allies were boasting the recruit with such lower numbers -_-
Back to top Go down
turtlesaur

turtlesaur

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:13 am

urielts wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

I feel for you on this sir, had the same thing happen. My allies were boasting the recruit with such lower numbers -_-

I tried 30 sss on sleipnir before I knew what I was doing, failed. Then tried 150 sss and failed. Sold for 10te and the person got her with 10 sss.
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 10:14 am

turtlesaur wrote:

I tried 30 sss on sleipnir before I knew what I was doing, failed. Then tried 150 sss and failed. Sold for 10te and the person got her with 10 sss.

/comfort Sad
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 12:14 pm

urielts wrote:
turtlesaur wrote:

/comfort Sad

Ouch, sorry to heard that...

Recruitment is generally stressful if you have high rarity units to recruit and the time decrease in the duration of the events lately haven't helped at all neither. Just glad that I'm done with it for a while.
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:15 pm

There's a formula posted for recruitment. I haven't failed with it yet.

The most important thing is to find the switch-over between when Mina says "Our odds are extremely high" and "I have a good feeling about this".

This is the 80% number. Most people don't realize this and recruit anyways. Most times it works out fine, but you fail 1/5 times. What you need to do is add 25% to this number to go from 80% to almost 100%.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:27 pm

turtlesaur wrote:
urielts wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

Ya... I lost 24 SS(L) and 444 SS(S). First time was like 8 SS(L) and 382 SS(S). Second time was 16 SS(L) 62 SS(S). Both were "extremely high odds." Sad

Anyways, back on topic, a 5* for 800k BT isn't as bad as it could be and this event isn't as terrible as everyones makes it seem.
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 1:28 pm

letting other people pay for your Panel reward, what's not to love?
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:05 pm

Gone.

Last edited by BkWiz on Thu Jan 24, 2013 2:56 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:13 pm

Hmm... thanks for the breakdown. I always knew event units were not crucial for arena, but it was interesting to read about why events units are so important in tower.
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 2:52 pm

Ah, the long awaited explanation. That actually makes a lot of sense, spending the TE on large chips instead of the 6*.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 5:46 pm

There are a few more factors I forgot to add in arena part. will add later
Back to top Go down
masta518
☆☆☆
masta518

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 17, 2013 11:51 pm

New player here...
Grinding about 100 quests a day and only have 30k~ BT... how is it possible to get 800k for 5*? I thought I might have a chance but I think I need to do 24/7 non-stop ;_;
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Raise your hand if you hate this event   Raise your hand if you hate this event - Page 3 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Raise your hand if you hate this event
Page 3 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next