Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]

Go down 
+29
paveljevs
pnoytroi
reyrey
Ghost_Star
zoodedout24
nekoumori
Sabin76
Destini411
rulis
elksterPT
memphiskite
Yoruichi
kyaaya
bells
aszutai
Spark
predator852
digitalsynner
Thalasar
RoyalGargoyle
needle27
BkWiz
Despoted
dnonamus
themadmanazn
ChibiLeen
orionknight
cmud2007
chaosbladeuk
33 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:41 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Thanks for the insight.

So small chips and large chips stack?

You can only be under the effect of one chip, small or large, so they do not stack. That's why I let the small chip run out on the last regular battle of the floor so that I can use a large chip on the boss battle.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:49 pm

Gotcha, will use this advice on the next arena event. I went trough all the stages not using and chips. Been using them on the last (random) stage but most of the time I fight low BT groups Sad

I initially expected to rank better on BT than PvP wins, but I am actually ranking better in PvP, lol.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:32 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Gotcha, will use this advice on the next arena event. I went trough all the stages not using and chips. Been using them on the last (random) stage but most of the time I fight low BT groups Sad

I initially expected to rank better on BT than PvP wins, but I am actually ranking better in PvP, lol.

The simple reason is that PvE is luck based and if you run a large vial + lots of TE you can quickly jump the ranks.

PvP is easier because the amount awarded per victory is 1 win and not some random BT number.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:42 pm

chaosbladeuk wrote:
themadmanazn wrote:

The simple reason is that PvE is luck based and if you run a large vial + lots of TE you can quickly jump the ranks.

PvP is easier because the amount awarded per victory is 1 win and not some random BT number.

That makes sense. I guess part of my surprise is I figured I could always gain BT by doing PvE which is perfectly doable for a newer player like myself.

I initially thought I needed a all star team of 6* units to be competative in PvP. I started this event with 2 high level/max 4*, a 70's 5*, a 40's 5*, and a 30's crime fighter unit. I guess part of what has kept me remotely afloat in PvP is leveling my guys, now they are all max except for my crime fighter... Gotta work on him, lol.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 9:34 pm

Another thing to watch out for at the more competitive level are people who like to put a weaker unit as their lead (I've seen three Bernhards take the spot) and then when you fight them they have 3 or 4 6*s in their team. I'm assuming the strategy is that if I choose them because they look weak they'll be able to beat me and thus keep me from getting a victory...It's smart but I still hate them!
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 10:56 pm

predator852 wrote:
Another thing to watch out for at the more competitive level are people who like to put a weaker unit as their lead (I've seen three Bernhards take the spot) and then when you fight them they have 3 or 4 6*s in their team. I'm assuming the strategy is that if I choose them because they look weak they'll be able to beat me and thus keep me from getting a victory...It's smart but I still hate them!

Yeah, I fell for a couple of those myself. xD In the 400's, it helps to watch out for the number of album'ed units and monsters of the potential opponent. Even if the unit is maxed, the team is usually manageable if the player has not been around for long and does not have an extensive album. My main problem is the surprise 5*/6* ally unit. A couple of area attacks from maxed out Sonia's or Kiki's have cost me a victory several times.

My main complaint is the luck factor, though. Quite often I would lose because none of my units' skill would fire, while my opponent knockback-locked me like there's no tomorrow. ^^;
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 6:40 am

Yes I'm also around Chibileens ranks (I just saw you at the ranks again Chibileen we are on par Smile), but I still manage to find a lot of weaker ones. I just remember the name of the person I beat then I search for them again. It also depends a lot on luck which allies you pull and which allies your opponent pulls.

I try to battle maxed 4* teams because my team only has that as well. So then it mostly depends on the allies who wins. Thats atleast what I experienced had to kick a lot of allies out of my team because of that.

If you have maxed 4 team but don't find any other 4* leads, look for fionas to battle, a not fully leveled sonia cause they might not have a lot of te and it probably is their only 5 same with fiona. Or some 5*s who aren't maxed at all. They pretty much have a team of 5* most of the time but they are pretty low leveled. Or have found some with a good lead but had some 3* units. That was fun!

EDIT: if you see a lot of allies in your ranks or people you know which I have. I just tell them which ones are quite easy to beat and which ones are harder than they look just talk about it who you beat and lose to. I battled some lvl 50 oneiro leader who had some good allies and good ones at the back I think I lost twice I think.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:52 pm

Two things I think should be added:

I don't think the spped letter is the only thing that affects a units initial spot in the lineup. I have a feeling level also has something to do with it. I say this because I have three allies with WW leaders, and mine is a WW. One of my allies didnt have his maxed. My WW got the speed demon bonus and was first in the stack. Then came my opponanys Rem, then a second WW. Then there were TWO cards (one mine one not mine) before the third WW.
Also, there have been multiple times my WW and Sofia have moved before the games Leevi, who has an A speed. I also think that a maxed five* with b speed will move after a maxed 6* with B speed. I forgot how I came to that conclusion but I'm pretty sure that #of stars has something to do with overall speed.

I have to assume that maybe the formula is something like speed= (letter mulitplier* ((unit lvl/max lvl)/120)) (BK hinted at having a guess on how speed id calculated before the event began, I wonder if he has the same idea. The /120 would assure that six star cards would move faster than 5 star cards of the same speed etc.

The second thing is that...I remembered!

At higher levels of gameplay, one thing I can say that makes a huge difference, is to (if possible) clear your team of all D&E speed units. Do this and instantly slow/KB/Heide/Faith seem a lot less intimidating. Because if you have strong allies, it should only take six hits to KO an opponant of similar strength. Provided none of their Kb goes off, you can win before the first 10 turns have passed.

Slow might push their D speed units in fomt of you but the E will still be waiting. my Alister and WW have also helped by getting their skills in really early. My advice if you're using this is to avoid poison/Attack Boost and focus on getting as much slow as possible.

Last edited by predator852 on Sun Dec 02, 2012 6:06 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:55 pm

Note, your leader can get a speed bonus if you have the "Speed Demon" skill.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 02, 2012 5:59 pm

predator852 wrote:
One of my allies didnt have his maxed. My WW got the speed demon bonus and was first in the stack. Then came my opponanys Rem, then a second WW.

I did Smile. What I havent figured out though is if your foes speed demon activates or not????
Back to top Go down
Spark

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 3:04 pm

predator852 wrote:

At higher levels of gameplay, one thing I can say that makes a huge difference, is to (if possible) clear your team of all D&E speed units. Do this and instantly slow/KB/Heide/Faith seem a lot less intimidating. Because if you have strong allies, it should only take six hits to KO an opponant of similar strength. Provided none of their Kb goes off, you can win before the first 10 turns have passed.

Slow might push their D speed units in fomt of you but the E will still be waiting. my Alister and WW have also helped by getting their skills in really early. My advice if you're using this is to avoid poison/Attack Boost and focus on getting as much slow as possible.

Noted this, i have a C/B team and this make a big diference. I dont think poison is so useless since most of my losses when i using chips were due to poison or a not so good leader/team but with powerfull allies, with no chips are pure based in bad luck or really strong enemies.

KB is not so terrible when you have a fast team and most slow units i fight are D speed and until they attack the enemy team is almost dead.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 03, 2012 9:16 pm

Also, about my comments on my 5* cards moving before Leevi...they arent. I'm not really sure what I was witnessing. Suffice to say I have faced some angela's in PvE ands moved faster than them, confirming that level affects speed, but star count may not.

And @spark, yes, KB has helped me out with a fast team. I can see people making an argument that the faster the team, the more useful KB is.

In my opinion, the more jumbled up the teams are in the "stack", the worse the fight is going to look for you. In a perfect match all 7 of your units will go first, but you can usually secure victory with 6.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 04, 2012 3:18 am

Spark wrote:
predator852 wrote:

Noted this, i have a C/B team and this make a big diference. I dont think poison is so useless since most of my losses when i using chips were due to poison or a not so good leader/team but with powerfull allies, with no chips are pure based in bad luck or really strong enemies.

KB is not so terrible when you have a fast team and most slow units i fight are D speed and until they attack the enemy team is almost dead.

I never said Poison was useless, it's just inferior. My point I tried to raise, is that you should be aiming to either get more turns or doing more damage. Not having 5 units poisoning the enemy.
Back to top Go down
Spark

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 11:55 am

Yea i seeing teams with 2-3 units with poison, really a waste. I using only frank in this event, he is a little weak for a 20 deploy cost but better than most 4-5* poison units in this event.

As said before poison is giving me more trouble than slow, my samantha is failing most all the times to pull up my units because all my units have attacked and the turn order is full of oponent moves. Maybe a slow D speed could be better in this circunstances.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 2:57 pm

Thing about poison is that it cures your own poison, so it really shines when the other team uses it first. Thus, poison is at its best when EITHER everyone is using it or no one is. Anything in between just means that it may be useful, but only iff no one else deems it useful at the time.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Dec 05, 2012 8:29 pm

predator852 wrote:
predator852 wrote:
One of my allies didnt have his maxed. My WW got the speed demon bonus and was first in the stack. Then came my opponanys Rem, then a second WW.

I did Smile. What I havent figured out though is if your foes speed demon activates or not????

It does, now that event is almost over I can start releasing more information. Smile

Some info on turn info :

General rules to follow :

Same speed, different unit, same rarity (Event v. Non Event), same level, Alphabetical order.
Same speed, same rarity, same level, Speed Demon units go first.
Same speed, different rarity, same level, event units go first (Vine v. Monica for example).
Same speed, same rarity, same level, recruitable v. non recruitable, recruitable units go first.

(Tested, levels do not matter, a 89 Charles went faster than a 120 one, it's possible it's based on POSITION in party if it's the same unit with same speed, too late to test now)

These are GUIDELINES not rules. And there are always exceptions to these rules.

The following is a partial listing of 6* attack order turns :

Player Unit Attack Order

Charles
Reinhard
Ellen
Agrippina
Belethi
Nina
Oktavia
Georgios
Vampiress
H.Monica
Monica
Reve
Gloria
Faith

I've been too busy unfortunately to find out the rest. And due to randomness of allies joining fight, it's a bit of a pain to figure out.

The most efficient team, would be 3 6* Event units + 2 Charles. They would fall under the 100 CP cap AND obliterate teams in 2-4 hits. Most teams would not be able to attack at all unless they had Charles units or 6* event units of their own to counter.

Since 3 6* event units is unlikely, the next best scenario is 2-3 5* event units (Diane is best for this event) and 2 Charles. You would still be able to 4 shot teams before they have a chance to move in most scenarios. The 4*s also work well. Frank and Antony are essentially C speed for the event. And hit as hard as Charles.

The fastest and hardest to do (But would be completely unbeatable) would be a team of 5 Charles + 2 Allied Charles. With an L Chip, you can obliterate pvp and pve teams (Boss or otherwise) without them being able to do a single point of damage theoretically. Just 3 Charles alone will bring most teams down to 1/3rd or half.

Skill / Speed Ranking List

S > A > B > C > KB > Poison > Slow > Area Attack = D > E.

If you have a choice between a max 5* and a max 6*, if the 5* is C speed or higher, and the 6* is D speed or lower, use the 5*. Also note, a fast unit with no skill is preferable to a fast unit with a skill. Skilless units hit HARDER than skilled units. This is not 100% verified, fyi.

Tiering with Event Units

Event 6* > 6* = Event 5* > 5* = Event 4* > Everything else
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Dec 06, 2012 10:44 am

Skilless units do not hit harder than skilled. Thrain, skilless, and Camille, skilled, have the same total stat and attack for the same damage.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:40 am

Despoted wrote:
Skilless units do not hit harder than skilled. Thrain, skilless, and Camille, skilled, have the same total stat and attack for the same damage.

Probably true, as I noted, I didn't have the opportunity to test it since I was busy playing against hackers and didn't have time to cross check ...
Back to top Go down
Spark

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 6:45 am

There's a formula to calculate the damage for the 4* and 6* ? Looks there's a different formula for them. I did some testing with the 5 * and most of the results was what I saw in the arena.
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 07, 2012 12:47 pm

From what I can figure out, the damage formula for a 6* is (High stat + Mid stat)*~.76 and 4* is (High stat + Mid stat)*~.98. I don't have data on the 4*, but observed them hitting for almost their full highest stats. I've been trying to figure a unified formula for all units since what I stated is too messy and unelegant to accept.

The new formulas helped make some 4*s very competitive with 5*s. Agnes and Achillea were great all rounders with decent damage, B speed and KB. Zenobia delt more damage than half the 5*s.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:14 pm

Bump in anticipation for next arena event and in hopes that no more threads regarding team creation will pop up!
Back to top Go down
aszutai
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
aszutai

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 12:30 pm

Should we create a separate thread for showing our team and asking for suggestions or just use this one? Razz

Current team:
Elizabeth
Bolyen
Mihiro
Fawn
Furfur
Back to top Go down
http://www.genbustudios.com
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeWed Jan 02, 2013 3:04 pm

aszutai wrote:
Should we create a separate thread for showing our team and asking for suggestions or just use this one? Razz

Current team:
Elizabeth
Bolyen
Mihiro
Fawn
Furfur

Actually, I didn't know this was the team creation guide...all questions on creating a party should go here:

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t1763-party-advice

I will ask Chaos to post a link to that thread on the first page of this, and I will post a link to his on the first page of the party advice thread.
Back to top Go down
bells

bells

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:50 pm

I still have some questions on the Arena mechanics:

1. how long is the attacking queue? Is it 10 units long (assuming each side has 5 members) or 30 units long? This makes a big difference on the effectiveness of Knock Back

2. after a unit makes an attack, does it go to the back of the attacking queue? If the queue is 10 units long, then that is definitely the case, but if the queue is 30 units long, then theoretically that attacking unit can exit the battle, in which case all the units that are knocked back will get their chances to attack at the very end of the 30 turns.

3. Is the poison in effect regardless which side is attacking?

4. some have said that Thrain has double attacks in Arena. The back of the Japanese card verifies this, but not the US version. Does he still have this skill in the US version of the game?

5. some have said that 5* card? takes a bigger reduction on their secondary and tertiary damages than 4*s, what about 6* cards? Do they even count their secondary damages?

Thanks in advance.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeThu Jan 24, 2013 4:53 pm

bells wrote:
I still have some questions on the Arena mechanics:

1. how long is the attacking queue? Is it 10 units long (assuming each side has 5 members) or 30 units long? This makes a big difference on the effectiveness of Knock Back

2. after a unit makes an attack, does it go to the back of the attacking queue? If the queue is 10 units long, then that is definitely the case, but if the queue is 30 units long, then theoretically that attacking unit can exit the battle, in which case all the units that are knocked back will get their chances to attack at the very end of the 30 turns.

3. Is the poison in effect regardless which side is attacking?

4. some have said that Thrain has double attacks in Arena. The back of the Japanese card verifies this, but not the US version. Does he still have this skill in the US version of the game?

5. some have said that 5* card? takes a bigger reduction on their secondary and tertiary damages than 4*s, what about 6* cards? Do they even count their secondary damages?

Thanks in advance.

1. 5

2. It is moved to it's next chance to attack I believe. Since different speed units attack more often, it isn't a fixed number.

3. Yes, but it only lasts 5 turns (regardless which side) and the affected player can cancel poison by activating poison on their own side.

4. Thrain and some other cards gain this ability ina special arena format called "Battle Arena", we have not had a Battle Arena event yet.

5. Secondary and Tertiary damages are used I believe. The exact forumla is unknown, I plan to do some major testing with 5* and 6* cards next arena event.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]
Page 2 of 4Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4  Next