Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]

Go down 
+29
paveljevs
pnoytroi
reyrey
Ghost_Star
zoodedout24
nekoumori
Sabin76
Destini411
rulis
elksterPT
memphiskite
Yoruichi
kyaaya
bells
aszutai
Spark
predator852
digitalsynner
Thalasar
RoyalGargoyle
needle27
BkWiz
Despoted
dnonamus
themadmanazn
ChibiLeen
orionknight
cmud2007
chaosbladeuk
33 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next
AuthorMessage
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] Empty
PostSubject: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 am

Note to Mods - this may need to be moved to the Encyclopedia.

If you have any questions in regards to creating a team, then please post in the topic linked below:-
http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t1763-party-advice

There are a lot of threads about colo, what are the best units, who should I be using, need help creating a team etc. I decide to share my knowledge of colo events and try my best to help people who are new to this event or may just want some general advice.

What is Colo Event?

Colo (short for Coliseum) is an event held where players create a team of up to 5 units.  The number of units that you can have in a team is based on their deploy cost and with the maximum deploy cost for an entire team is 100.

There are two avenues for colo events - the first is PvE (or player versus environment) aka the one where you fight regular units and bosses. Each winning battle will provide you with BT and exp.

The second is the PvP (player vs player). Similar to the Battle function in Fantasica, it allows you to search for players and battle their team. Each win will increase your win count by one provide you with BT (no exp though)

On the left hand side, your will see the turn order of the unit. Units with a blue unit are yours and the red for your opponent. The visible amount of turns that you can see are the 5 units to attack. The unit at the top will attack and once finished it will be removed from the stack and the next unit will be moved to the top and so on. The visible amount of turns you can see will be referred to as the "stack".

After thirty turns, the side that has the least health or the side who's health is depleted first will lose.

For the purpose of this guide, PvP is what we will focusing on.

Why should I care about Colo?

Colo is one of the few events where the prizes are very good. Even if you don't rank you can rack up considerable amount of prizes just by participating either by reaching BT  targets and/or wins via PvP.

In my opinion it is also one of the most enjoyable events in the game.

How can we trust the information you've written?

As someone who has ranked high in all colo events  in both PvP events (only the ones I'm actively taking part in) I believe I have enough knowledge of the type of the event and to provide a decent guide based on my personal experience.

Why do I need a guide? I have really strong units already all I have to do is deploy them and then they will win surely?...

Once a battle occurs either in PvE or PvP, there is nothing else you can do to influence the outcome.

In essence the battle occurs before you battle your opponents in your decisions, your team formation etc.

With the 100 deploy cost limit you may not always be able to use your best units. The idea is to create a good team based on the 100 point rule.

How do your units differ from any other event?

Colo units function differently than quest or against bosses:-

1. Units with multi-hitting attacks are condensed into just one attack damage.
2. Skills are randomly activated based on skill level of the unit
3. Units will always attack and will not miss if they have a 0 (like Anton) in one of their values.
4. Damage calculations are based on all the unit's stats and is not affected by the unit's type.

How do I create a good team

Even before you decide to create a good team you will need to look at units differently for Arena and how they differ from any other event.

I will provide you with an example:-

Sogno D/ 30 DC / Slow 5

If anyone has this unit or have deployed it via their allies they will know how terrible this unit is. She is incredibly slow, her damage is divided by 10 and by the time she finishes her first attack the enemy has already passed. Used in quests or against bosses she is absolutely horrible.

However Arena units function differently that quest ones. Because her damage is condensed into one attack she won't suffer like she does in quests.

Her stats are also quite high and Slow is a very good skill to have in arena.

The only downside is her deploy cost and her attack speed (which we will come on to later)

So in essence a card like her is terrible in everything apart from Arena; she now has a use.

The order of things you need to consider are:-

a) Speed
b) Skill
c) Deploy Cost
d) Stats

Last edited by chaosbladeuk on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:12 pm; edited 22 times in total
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:50 am

Speed

Speed is by far the most important factor the team. Speed determines how frequent the unit attacks and their turn orders.

The speed is calculated by the unit's attack speed. S speeds will start their turns first with E speed units attacking last.

Some units attack faster than others even though they may have the same attack speed.

Most battles typically last anything between 5-20 turns depending on the strength of your team and your opponents. Basically the more turns your units have, the more likely you're going to win.

Skills

Skills are randomly activated when a unit attacks. I'm unsure how skill activations are affected by the Skills you have mastered and how Battle Seasoned affects their frequency but generally the higher the * value of the unit, the more frequent their skills are activated.

Knockback
When it activates, it will knock back the next opponent's unit out of the stack.

Slow
When activated your opponent units are slowed down within the current stack. This is done by adding an unknown number to your opponent's unit's speed. Slow stacking is key to the current game as there are a plethora of units that are fast that can inflict Slow.

Poison
When inflicted it cause damage to your opponent's health bar when one of their units attack and will last 5 opponent's turns. I calculated it roughly as 5% of their life taken off each time. This cannot be cancelled or healed if you inflict poison back at your opponent. Both sides can be inflicted with poison at the same time.

I do not like the skill for two main reasons. If you are relying on poison to defeat your opponent then you may as well surrender.

Firstly you are relying on the fact that within the thirty turns, if your opponent attacks more they will lose.

The second is that the poison doesn't increase the damage dealt or has any effect on the speed (again with the speed) or the frequency your units attack.

At the moment there is no such thing as tanking (basically defending) so you cannot poison and sit around in the hopes your opponent dies by it. IMO this is the most inferior skill in the Arena.

Attack Boost
When this is activated that particular unit's skill (for example Claudio Attack Boost female) will affect all units in your team that would normally get the boost in quests

So in Claudio's case, it will affect all females in your team.

Again this is a rather bad skill as it doesn't increase damage, speed or turn frequency. At the moment there is one card that is the exception which is Camille. That's because his unique boost (palace guard) affects himself, and when activated it functions almost like Area of Attack (discussed next). Combined with his speed, he is one of the best Arena units in the game.

Area of Attack
When activated the unit will deal double 175% damage (credits to Despoted) . A devastating skill when activated as this can quickly end arena matches on the activation of this skill. My only issue is that there are not that many fast units that have this skill.

Last edited by chaosbladeuk on Mon Aug 05, 2013 5:13 pm; edited 11 times in total
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 9:51 am

Damage Calculations
I apologies as I can't seem to find the link to this topic, however the damage calculation works out as:-

unit's highest stats*modifier + unit's middle stats*modifier+ unit's lower stats*modifier.

Not really something to focus on but the gist is that a unit that has high single stat will do more damage.

Event boost items
In all arena events, special items can be used to increase the stats of your team for 15 minutes.

Small "brews" can be be found randomly found in chest during training.
These provide around 20% extra damage and provide you more BT.

Large "brews" can be gained as bt or win rewards or given when purchasing a box. These provide around 40% extra damage and provide substantially more BT.

When your win count increases, you can only select certain opponents within your brackets that have more less the same win count as you. At higher levels this can be very difficult even if your team has been been solid for lets say the first 100 wins. Using "brews" can give you the edge over your opponents.

When either brews are used, you cannot use another until the 15 minutes are over. It is important that within the 15 minutes, you do two pvp battles and two pve ones to maximise the effect for its duration.

My advice is that at higher levels that you run this at all times (the small ones).  

Special Units

During each Arena event, there are special units that when in your team will do certain things. Usually the damage they do increase, their skill appears to go up by 1 (so a Slow 3 becomes a Slow 4), your total overall health increases and they are faster. They also reward you with bonus BT when deployed (but only if you win). Deploying them will give you an edge over your competition so ideally you should have one of them (affordability and luck permitted)

Tips and Advice

* Always have a five member team.
* Ensure that all members of your team are levelled.
* Your allies are just as important as your team. Try to find them and if necessary de-ally the weaker ones.
* Speed is more important that anything else. The faster the better.
* Skills that affect turn order and turn frequency are the best type of skills to use.
* Low deploy cost that are fast and have skills that affect turn orders are the best
* Run brews all the time
* Take time to search for opponents and don't just nose dive into the first opponent you see. Look at their leader's level and the number of cards in their album. The lower the general rule of thumb, the easier they should be.

Feel free to ask me any questions.

Last edited by chaosbladeuk on Thu Jul 11, 2013 10:07 am; edited 4 times in total
Back to top Go down
cmud2007
☆☆
cmud2007

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeWed Nov 28, 2012 10:56 am

I have a question, how do they calculate speed in arena battle? Based on speed character or attack frequency (the one we used in calculating DPS)?

Edited: Just read that only speed character counts. (from Bk) So the difference between same character disappears?

Last edited by cmud2007 on Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:07 am; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : got the answer)
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:04 pm

Guide has been completed. Thanks everyone
Back to top Go down
orionknight
☆☆
orionknight

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:20 pm

This is great! Thank you Chaos!

Oh poor Sogno. You get hated on so bad, but now is your time to shine!

I like that attack damage is based on highest stat rather then just ground~
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:40 pm

orionknight wrote:

Oh poor Sogno. You get hated on so bad, but now is your time to shine!

My main problem with Sogno is her artwork. She could be the greatest unit in the world, I would still not use her. No disrespect meant to the artist - I love some of the other Dream Breakers, like Rem or Ruya. But Sogno's outfit and pose are just... ew.

Thank you for the great guide, Chaos! I had never participated in an arena event before, and this was extremely helpful.
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 2:42 pm

Thanks for the hard work in putting together this guide.
Back to top Go down
dnonamus
War Hero [Rare]
dnonamus

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:28 pm

Very nice work I agree on all points. Hey was anyone else caught off guard by this most recent event?
I'm fighting with unmaxed units although I've only lost 4 times so maybe everyone else was thrown for a loop too, lol.
Back to top Go down
http://www.FantasicaHelp.com
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:32 pm

dnonamus wrote:
Very nice work I agree on all points. Hey was anyone else caught off guard by this most recent event?
I'm fighting with unmaxed units although I've only lost 4 times so maybe everyone else was thrown for a loop too, lol.

I was really hoping to have some time to level my units before the next arena event. I am also running unmaxed units (although I am working hard to max them!) I have currently hit a bit of a wall and I need sin chips to keep raising in rank.
Back to top Go down
ChibiLeen
☆☆☆☆
ChibiLeen

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeFri Nov 30, 2012 4:40 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
dnonamus wrote:

I was really hoping to have some time to level my units before the next arena event. I am also running unmaxed units (although I am working hard to max them!) I have currently hit a bit of a wall and I need sin chips to keep raising in rank.

Same thing here. Was really hoping for a few days to breathe and to level my units. The PVE is ridiculously easy, so I've had no trouble progressing in BT ranks. But in terms of victory points, I'm pretty much stuck. Most of the players around me have max 5*/6* leads, and the few 4* leaders I engage have 5*/6* allies to back them up. *sigh*

Oh well, I'm only aiming at Montague, and I'm currently in the 400+, so it should be okay.
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 12:54 am

Just want to point out that Area Attack does not boost damage by 100%. It's more like 75% and that may depend on the skill rating as well. I haven't had a chance to figure out the percentage for any units other than 5*s.

I have been doing some research on the damage formula and collected a small set of damage data of 5* and 6*. From what I've collected, most 5*'s damage formula is (High stat + mid stat)*.9. I say most because Kiki and Werewolf's damage seems to be slightly higher than what the formula predicts. The formula for the 6* seems to be something completely different. I am going to have to spend some more time with these numbers to see what else is going on. Also if anyone can post the damage of max Anastasia, Saki or Succubus, it would help greatly with the research.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:07 am

Despoted wrote:
Just want to point out that Area Attack does not boost damage by 100%. It's more like 75% and that may depend on the skill rating as well. I haven't had a chance to figure out the percentage for any units other than 5*s.

I have been doing some research on the damage formula and collected a small set of damage data of 5* and 6*. From what I've collected, most 5*'s damage formula is (High stat + mid stat)*.9. I say most because Kiki and Werewolf's damage seems to be slightly higher than what the formula predicts. The formula for the 6* seems to be something completely different. I am going to have to spend some more time with these numbers to see what else is going on. Also if anyone can post the damage of max Anastasia, Saki or Succubus, it would help greatly with the research.

With or without chips/potion boost?
Back to top Go down
Despoted
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:15 am

Which ever is fine as long as long as you make a note of which is in effect.
Back to top Go down
needle27

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:01 am

Max Laura with full skills matches the Strusdell formula (highest stat+0.25middle+0.25low) perfectly. Without chip boost.

Max Laura

40440/42360/38520

62100 damage
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:34 am

needle27 wrote:
Max Laura with full skills matches the Strusdell formula (highest stat+0.25middle+0.25low) perfectly. Without chip boost.

Max Laura

40440/42360/38520

62100 damage

33 700

35 300

32 100

101 100

Are the stats for Laura. Not sure how you got those numbers even with 10% boost?
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:42 am

Last edited by BkWiz on Sat Dec 01, 2012 3:48 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
needle27

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 2:55 am

BkWiz wrote:
needle27 wrote:

Max Laura

40440/42360/38520

62100 damage

33 700

35 300

32 100

101 100

Are the stats for Laura. Not sure how you got those numbers even with 10% boost?

When you deploy Laura (even without as lead), all the skill bonuses kick in (master of land, bringer of victory, etc), so her stats go up to the ones I listed.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 3:41 am

needle27 wrote:
BkWiz wrote:
needle27 wrote:

Max Laura

40440/42360/38520

62100 damage

33 700

35 300

32 100

101 100

When you deploy Laura (even without as lead), all the skill bonuses kick in (master of land, bringer of victory, etc), so her stats go up to the ones I listed.

I forgot that Bringer adds an additional 10%, now that makes sense.
Back to top Go down
RoyalGargoyle
☆☆☆
RoyalGargoyle

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:18 am

Thank you chaos its a very good guide it makes everything more clear and especially if this is the first arena event. Smile We should be glad with members like you.
Back to top Go down
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 6:40 am

Despoted wrote:

It may not affect the actual stat but the modifiers. It could also just double the largest stat and everything else stays the same. I'm not sure how you can really test this =\
Back to top Go down
Thalasar
☆☆☆
Thalasar

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 11:34 am

Despoted wrote:

Hi,

I agree with 75% boost for area atk. Reve does x1.75 damage when area attack activates.

All skills maxed, her normal attack is 122119, area attack is 213708

Last edited by Thalasar on Sat Dec 01, 2012 1:41 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:17 pm

Could someone talk about large roc potions / large sin chips? When to use, when used, do you use TE in conjunction?
Back to top Go down
digitalsynner

digitalsynner

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:49 pm

themadmanazn wrote:
Could someone talk about large roc potions / large sin chips? When to use, when used, do you use TE in conjunction?

This is my strategy, which should work well for players who do not have access to excessive amounts of large chips and TE:

1) Train whenever you have TP available, or buy/trade for small sin chips so that you are able to use them before every PvE and PvP battle.

2) Use your last small sin chip on the second to last normal battle of the floor (i.e.: battle 29 of 30, so that you are under the effect of the small chip for battle 29 and battle 30.)

3) Use a large sin chip just before you start the boss battle for that floor, and then use as many TE as you want so that you fight the boss and as many following battles as possible while under the effect of the large sin chip. Because boss battles have higher BT rewards, this should maximize the BT you are able to earn for each large chip used. Keep in mind BT increases as you progress to higher levels, so don't burn all your chips/TE on the first boss.

4) If/when the last floor allows for endless battles, boss battles will occur randomly. As you cannot predict when they will occur, you should use large chips when you have TE available to use in order to maximize the number of opportunities for boss encounters while under the effect of the large chip. Otherwise, continue to use small chips constantly.

If any one has ideas on a better strategy, please share.

Back to top Go down
themadmanazn
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
themadmanazn

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitimeSat Dec 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Thanks for the insight.

So small chips and large chips stack?
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]   Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE] I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Colo Team Creation Guide [COMPLETE]
Page 1 of 4Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4  Next