Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress

Go down 
+67
Jerky
Ryosuke
Bondurant
pizfirez
Hurleyvp
Lionpunisher
GoldoaWillNotMove
Tentacle Love
MythSearcher
ElysianField
schizzlemydiz
Stubub
bx65
Crimson09
supremeJD
sd240sx
Joradx
paveljevs
Amasuro
chaosbladeuk
Schdawn
jrdmaan
sGabe4
Sabin76
GnatB
greatsopp
Ariesthecat37
Piggers
Balth
BraveDemon
jackyang919
Ghost_Star
xl_astros_lx
Luzbel
nmtran777
Xedd
Rekanize
jant0y
aubade888
Thalasar
dopehk
Pandalicious
po1102
themadmanazn
kyaaya
larrydust
memphiskite
Despoted
Br4dford
King-Shawe
Whenesday
dnonamus
v4lkyr13
Shirinights
bigpig506
aszutai
nocturned
Wheatmidge
snappycow
aquCHAOS
Kyte
dakkon107
predator852
cmud2007
Varis
pnoytroi
BkWiz
71 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next
AuthorMessage
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 Empty
PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:41 pm

Soon.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 4:58 pm

BkWiz wrote:
Soon.

not even the new IronMan trailer got me this excited than this simple word from the legend that is BkWiz bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce bounce
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:31 pm

I actually have a lot of the data from Aragon + already stored and ready to go. I've just been lazy due to work + all the formatting I would have to do Crying or Very sad

Some tidbits though on what will be updated and a rough idea of unit by unit comparison :

One of the draw card melees is really strong
One of the hardest cards to get consistent data on is being updated
Possible Tier List in the works based on DPS / other criteria (Basically to make it a little easier to read than it is now)
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 5:48 pm

I think most of the 6* market pricing will change once you finally update your table. Smile
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:07 pm

Nah. Market is being influenced primarily by a future event :

Battle Arena II

If units are usable then, demand goes up.

If units aren't usable then, demand goes down.

It really shows the popularity overall of the arena format type events for people.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 6:12 pm

even though arena prizes usually suck... Sad
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSun Apr 21, 2013 11:59 pm

Unless her skill is useable and somehow by passes Iron Wall, then everyone would probably want Nunnaly.

Now that would be a killer for Aksana. A skill that bypasses/neutralizes her Iron Wall.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:01 am

50% of missing speed data is up. Once that data set is completed, I can move on to updating the other data tables.
Back to top Go down
sGabe4
☆☆☆☆☆☆
sGabe4

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 6:31 am

you are a LEGEND
thank you
Back to top Go down
Sabin76
☆☆☆
Sabin76

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 12:23 pm

Not sure if you saw it BK, but as I said before: if you have a (video) camera with a set frame rate, it will be a lot easier and a ton more precise if you use that and advance it frame by frame to get the numbers. It will take a little more time, but the pros definitely outweigh the cons IMO.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 3:00 pm

iPhone doesn't allow it without me jail breaking my phone. :/

Otherwise, I don't think I have a video recorder which has what you mentioned earlier.
Back to top Go down
GnatB
☆☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Thank you BKWiz. Smile
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 8:21 pm

I will have most of the missing data completed by tomorrow. I'm limited by the fact that I only know 3 people with defenses suitable enough for testing purposes atm.

Otherwise I would have been done by tonight. Neutral
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 24, 2013 10:36 pm

lol. wow. only 3 ^^ hehe
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeThu Apr 25, 2013 9:41 pm

Only Isabelle, Grey, Tania, and Cuniculus left to be tested. Maxed out my testing grounds for today so will finish them tomorrow.

Speed updates for the following units : Fenrir, Loki, Petra, Doro, Saki

I will update the raw damage charts and the rankings for all of the above once I get the speed data for the remaining 4.
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:37 am

Sorry for bringing this up, but I think it might be good a good idea if you take the approach Sabin76 suggested above.

I ran a test on C.Reamy today using a Nexus 7 and a digital camera that can take a movie up to 240 frames per sec.

C.Reamy tooks 280.5 frames between each of her attack,
which is calculated into 1.16875 second.

which means her attack is actually slower than what you have in the table.

The data you have so far is great,
but it might be better to re-check the values using a precise method to make the data more precise.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:17 pm

You need to use more than one data point. The reason I have her listed at 1.1 is due to the following factors :

Different processors etc = slightly different animation speeds
C.Reamy attacks at the exact same speed as Nanaca, Nina etc. who I have at 1.1.

While the absolute may be off since I lack a video capture device / app (There are no video capture apps for iPhones unless jailbroken due to App Store ToA) it should not affect the comparitive portion of the data which is the bulk of the work. IE which melee/range/Mage is better against xyz.

If you could get more data points as a comparison, I can update the "speed data" portion so that the "raw" damage values will be exact, but it will not affect the table comparison portion which is what most people look at (The first 4 data tables).
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 2:24 pm

Forgot Dolce, will get numbers on her too while I'm at it.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 26, 2013 10:48 pm

Or you can take over Bk's mantle to relieve some of the stress and retest all of the cards using a recording from all types of platforms:

iPhone3Gs
iPhone4g
iPhone5
Tablets (Asus, Samsungs, etc.)
Samsung HTC
Samsung Galaxy Note 1
Samsung Galaxy Note 2
etc
etc
etc

Then come back with the information that averages out from all platforms that you use and help him modify his findings if you really want an accurate and precise number.
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:20 am

I only own a Nexus7 and iPod, so I can only test on these two.

Camera
Canon IXY30S, high speed mode 240 fps
Video encoded at 29.97 fps

Reverted into frames using ffmpeg with the following command
ffmpeg -i MVI_[insert movie number here].MOV -r 29.97 -f image2 img-%7d.jpg

Testing is done in Battle on my alt defence which has a high level 6* monsters with lots of HP,
so the entire result is calculated from the attacks on the same monsters.

C.Reamy Nexus7
280.5 frames between attacks (1.169 sec delay)
*constant sequence of 280 and 281

C.Reamy iPod4G lots of monsters on screen
295 frames between attacks (1.229 sec delay)
*first attack 280 frames, then keeps on increasing

C.Reamy iPod4G 1 monster on screen
287 frames between attacks (1.196 sec delay)
*first attack also 280 frames, then increases and decreases a little bit, even got a 269 once

Clarissa Nexus 7
380.5 frames between attacks (1.585 sec delay)
*only four attacks because Clarissa doesn't have slow [381 384 381 376] The delay in the second attack seems to be compensated on the fourth attack

The spec for the two devices are as follow

Nexus7
CPU Quad-core 1.2 GHz Cortex-A9
Memory 1 GB RAM

iPod4G
CPU Apple A4 (Single-core 1 GHz)
Memory 256 MB RAM

The Nexus7 appears to have no trouble processing at all, the game runs very smoothly
while the iPod4G encount a slow down when the monster appears, especially in numbers.

I don't know what tablet or phone Bkwiz used in his test, but it would require the attack delay to be 264 frames in order to get 1.1 second, which would require that tablet/phone to run at a much faster speed than Nexus 7. I don't know if such phone/tablet exist, so I'd be appreciated if you can tell me what it is.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 12:54 am

I use multiple devices wherever I can get to use them due to wi-fi.

So I am on the following:

iPhone 3Gs
Galaxy Note 2
Asus Transformer T700 (I believe, I have to recheck)

If you want to do testing on those too or if you can get your hands on those, that would seem more plausable to base an average than just 2 devices. And to make it even more accurate, we could take a poll of the users and devices they use top # (however many devices / 2 or the device most used)
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:21 am

iPhone 5. It states it in the bottom of my post on the first page. Last post stating the equipment I used and how to reproduce results.
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:28 am

I don't have the phones/tablets you mentioned but I have another iPod 5G and an iPad2

C.Reamy iPod5G 1 monster on screen
287 frames between attacks (1.196 sec delay)
*most attacks are 284 or 285 frames, with several spikes shooting up to 305 or going down to 281

spec of iPod5G
CPU Apple A5 (Dual core, 800 MHz, ARM Cortex-A9)
Memory 512 MB RAM

C.Reamy iPad2 1 monster on screen
283 frames between attacks (1.179 sec delay)
*delay varies from something as low as 276 and as high as 297, but most attacks are in the 280 something range

spec of iPad2
CPU Apple A5 (1 GHz dual-core ARM Cortex-A9)
Memory 512 MB RAM

I believe iPod4G, iPod5G, iPad2, and Nexus7 are a good representation of a low to hi-end phones/tablets.
Eventhough I only tested a few times on each device, the attack speed difference due to processing power of the device shouldn't deviate that much from each other. Excluding the test with a lot of monsters on screen, results from all devices are within 10 frames difference at 240fps (= about 0.042 second).

Last edited by Schdawn on Sat Apr 27, 2013 2:39 am; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
Schdawn
☆☆
Schdawn

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 1:40 am

BkWiz wrote:
iPhone 5. It states it in the bottom of my post on the first page. Last post stating the equipment I used and how to reproduce results.
I'm sorry I didn't see that.
I don't have an iPhone 5, but I assume that it has about the same processing power as Nexus 7, so it shouldn't be that much faster. (After searching on google, there's an article saying that iPhone5 scored 1601 on geekbench, while Nexus 7 scored 1591, so yeah, their processing power are almost the same.)

My result on Clarissa showed a number similiar to what you have (1.585, as opposed to 1.6), so I still think that C.Reamy/Nanaca/Nina's attack speed should be slower than 1.1 sec.
Back to top Go down
BkWiz
☆☆☆☆☆
BkWiz

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitimeSat Apr 27, 2013 4:05 am

Based on the two data points I was able to correct Reve and Clarissa to the correct speed.

I'll have to check later on the other units like Beatrix later.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress   DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress - Page 7 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

DPS Tables - Massive Update in Progress
Page 7 of 12Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 10, 11, 12  Next