Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)

Go down 
+16
KuroNeko
silus
metadune
lmnseason
Seinaru
ElysianField
AlmondDycee
Yoruno
Itstoocold
Destini411
Pugilist
Syzygistic
RisingAboveThis
clocksprocket
zoebeagle
struesdell
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
struesdell
Baron Von Vermin [LEGENDARY]
struesdell

GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) Empty
PostSubject: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 1:12 pm

Guide: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)

Hello and welcome! This guide will hopefully get you started in Fantasica with more fun and less pain than stumbling along by yourself. Let's get started.

What is Fantasica?

In Fantasica you are building an army of cards to compete in events and collect even better cards.
You're going to do that through the following core activities:

Collect Units and Monsters
  • By trading with other players
  • By spending Brave points
  • By completing training
  • By buying packs with real money ($)

Level up Units and Monsters
  • By completing quests
  • By consuming weaker units/monsters
  • By completing events

Make money (Luna)
  • By completing quests
  • By completing training
  • By selling weak cards
  • By selling cards to other players

Week 1:

So you've started the game, stumbled around with some of the basics and you found your way to the forum.
Good choice! Finding out how to play means you're interested in being -good- at the game.

Week 1 Objective: Get a 3 Like a Star @ heaven Card

Checklist:
[] Quest the best Quest you can complete successfully
[] Spend all your Training Points on the best training mission available
[] Accept all requests, Brave all your Allies
[] Sell all your 1 Like a Star @ heaven cards for Luna.
[] Log in for the Daily Bonus

---- Goal ----

In Fantasica, you are always going to want to aspire to cards that are better than what you have. You start with 2 Like a Star @ heaven cards, so we're going to try to get you a 3 Like a Star @ heaven or 4 Like a Star @ heaven card as soon as possible. These cards are orders of magnitude better, and can rise to higher levels than your more common cards.

Getting better cards at every level starts with making the best cards you have even better. With that in mind, we start with questing.

---- Questing ----

You start a new collection with the following cards.
2 Like a Star @ heaven Orlando (melee)
2 Like a Star @ heaven Alicia (ranged)
2 Like a Star @ heaven Adelaide (magic)
These are GOOD CARDS. It's easy to get overwhelmed but what's important to remember is that every card has value. Late in your collection you'll be looking at these three like they're food for your bigger cards, but if you're not looking to buy in just yet you shouldn't be disappointed with these three. They're not lemons. You're not handicapped.

On Day 1 without buying, here's how you should be looking at the rarity scale

1 Like a Star @ heaven: Sell for Luna.
2 Like a Star @ heaven: Good cards. Totally capable.
3 Like a Star @ heaven: Awesome cards.
4 Like a Star @ heaven and up: Impossibly good cards.

Orlando, Alicia and Adelaide seem pretty weak. Starting out it takes them two hits to kill the creeps in the first few quests. But that's because they're not leveled up yet. Here's a simple idea that will make you feel better about the game almost instantly:

You're not supposed to be able to breeze through the Quests without help.

Once you have some allies, especially if they have some high level or high rarity cards, you'll be eating quests for breakfast. Always deploy as many allies as you can in every quest. This earns them and you Ally points. These are important later.

If you don't have a team full of allies with huge powerful cards yet, you're going to want to /REPEAT QUESTS/. Each time you do a quest all of the units you field gain experience. Experience makes them stronger.

Pick one of your 2 Like a Star @ heaven cards and use that one consistently. If you can beat a quest with only that card and allies, your one card will earn more experience than it would if you were sending out multiple cards. Ally cards don't detract from your experience, so use all of them! (In fact, stages give you more experience if you use the maximum amount of allies available.)

The higher you level your card, the more powerful it will be.

At level 1, your Orlando has 600 power. He hits like a girl.
At level 40, your Orlando will have 15,305 power. That's some serious damage.

So while you're playing, you'll want to be keeping your Quest cooldown rolling. Every 5 minutes, pick a Quest you can complete and send your units at it to gain them experience. They'll get stronger, and you'll be able to do better Quests.

This is a lot of work, but that's the game. Doing Quests will always be your cheapest and most efficient way of increasing the level of your cards.

The other way to get experience onto a card is to consume other cards using the Enhance menu. THIS IS A WASTE AT THIS LEVEL. We'll talk more about that after...

---- Training ----

Your next resource to spend to improve are your Training Points. These regenerate every 20 minutes or so and you want to spend them as often as you can.

Choose your highest level training until you get to 6-3 and then repeat that one. This is how the experienced players grind for Luna and Luna is what you need right now. 6-3 will provide you with a lot of Luna and a variety of 1 Like a Star @ heaven cards.

Every time you spend down your 200 Training Points, you should go into the Sell menu and sell all the 1 Like a Star @ heaven cards you found. Not forever, but until we have a 3 Like a Star @ heaven or 4 Like a Star @ heaven card it's inefficient to use these cards for enhancement.

An alternative is to train at 10-4 when that becomes available. This takes more points, but has a higher 2 Like a Star @ heaven drop-rate. While you may want to keep 2 Like a Star @ heaven cards for enhancing later, you can also sell them for 5k per unit (or sometimes more!) to other players, which can help you get the luna you need for a new 3 Like a Star @ heaven really quick.

---- Allies, Ally Points and Brave Points ----

Okay, so getting help is our #1 priority after we've spent our Quest timer and our Training Points.

Open up your Ally menu.

The first thing you'll see if they are available is a list of other players who have requested to be your ally. Say yes to everyone. Early on, you want to get to 19/20 allies as quick as possible. If you don't get any invites right away don't be disappointed. This game is great and there are a lot of new players with Orlando/Alicia/Adelaide right now so you can get lost in the throng. Soon you will be super popular.

When you started a new account Fantasica sent a few other players ally invites on your behalf. Some of those players won't even play the game again, so at least once a day you should be opening up the Ally menu and hitting the "Search for Allies" button. Go down the list and send invites to everyone on the list in descending order by how many Like a Star @ heaven s their leader has. If there aren't any 3 Like a Star @ heaven & 4 Like a Star @ heaven allies, invite 2 Like a Star @ heaven s anyway! More allies is good.

Every request you send or request you have from someone else fills a slot just like an actual accepted ally, so if you're not getting any responses it might be worth clearing out some of the pending requests using the cancel button.

For your first 7 days, you'll be able to take advantage of any ally's leader card in your quests at any time. After that week is over, this becomes more complicated. Suddenly you will only be able to use a card if that player has been online in the last hour. This makes it important to find allies who play around the same times of day that you do, so you might end up shuffling your allies around. You can un-ally people from their profile.

Every 30 minutes, you can send your allies Brave points. You get Brave points every time you send them, so you want to send them as often as you can. Once you've sent 200 points, you won't be able to send them any more until the next day. Don't worry about that, just send'm. Step down your allies list touching the "Send Brave" button and everyone will love you forever.

Spending Brave points is more fun. When you have Brave points in multiples of 200 touch the "Card Packs" button on the main menu.
The top option on the card packs screen is the free cards that you can get.
Once a day, you get one for free.
At any time, you can trade 200 Brave for another pull.

Cards from the Free/Brave pull are usually going to be 1 Like a Star @ heaven cards, which you'll sell for now. Sometimes you'll get 2 Like a Star @ heaven cards. Since you've been leveling your Orlando/Alicia/Adelaide, you probably won't get much out of these yet but you should save'm. There are a few that might be worth replacing your Leader with:
Enrique has Knockback.
Dominic has Poison.
Claudio has Attack Power Up for your women. Razz
Jane has Knockback and is ranged: She's awesome.
Bjorn has Knockback and is ranged: He's also awesome, but not as awesome as Jane.

These skills make questing a lot easier and if you don't have a 3* yet they're totally worth using.

---- Daily Bonus ----

This is a freebie and you should be logging in every day at least once for it.
After 5 days, you'll get a Premium Ticket. This is a $3 value and is a free shot at a 3 Like a Star @ heaven or 4 Like a Star @ heaven card. There's a chance that you'll get a 2 Like a Star @ heaven which is disappointing but we're working toward a reliable 3 Like a Star @ heaven anyway so don't get discouraged.

If you DO get a 3 Like a Star @ heaven , start leveling that card right away and save your Luna to buy a 4 Like a Star @ heaven card! Congrats!

---- Buying a 3 Like a Star @ heaven card ----

After a week or so of play doing Training at 6-3 or 10-4 consistently, you should have a good chunk of Luna.
Log into the forum, go into the Trading section and make a post. Something like this:

New Player: Buying 3*
Hi, I'm looking for my first 3* or 4* card. I have <######> Luna and I'd like to buy a 3* card or a 4* card if you have one I can afford. Please PM me or shoot me a trade in-game, my ID is <########>. Thanks!

[[Keep in mind at the time of writing this, 3* go for about 30-50k and 4*s for around 200k. However, times change, so beware!]]

You'll get a bunch of offers, because we're great.
Make sure you don't post more than one thread. You can always edit your original thread to post more trade requests.

Your 3 Like a Star @ heaven or 4 Like a Star @ heaven card will probably be level 1, but someone might send you one that's been leveled a bit. Bonus!
If it IS level 1, you can expect it to be weaker than your leveled up 2 Like a Star @ heaven . For example, if you've been working on your Orlando he might have a couple thousand ground attack by now, but a brand new Simon 3 Like a Star @ heaven comes in at 750. Level him up a bit though and he'll grow to over TWICE the power of Orlando.

That should get you started! A 3 Like a Star @ heaven card will mean better quests, more ally requests and much better performance in events. Keep up the same strategy and make some Luna to save up for a 4 Like a Star @ heaven card and you'll be well on your way!

Welcome to Fantasica and the Fantasica Forum and good luck!

Last edited by clocksprocket on Fri Sep 28, 2012 10:57 am; edited 7 times in total (Reason for editing : Minor edits)
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:37 pm

This is amazingly well-written and extremely informative. I wish I had read this guide when I started playing!

The only thing I would add/change would be the training level for grinding. There seems to be a mutual consensus that 10-4 is actually better for training (if you've made it that far) as the 2* Ravenous Bears drop like candy! You also have the chance to get up to 15k in Luna from treasure chests, but this level also requires more training points.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:50 pm

I added 10-4 in and a couple other sentences. I think 10-4 is a great training level, but it's also a bit more useful when you have more than 200 training points. But I agree, this is a great beginner guide for newbies, and I think it could also be a good segue into more intermediate topics such as enhancing, training skills, battling, and so on.

I might make a sticky in the "new members" section later that mentions this thread, and I already linked it in the "got questions?" thread in game discussion. Thanks for writing this, struesdell. Smile
Back to top Go down
struesdell
struesdell

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 2:55 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
Thanks for writing this, struesdell. Smile

No problem! I was looking for something like this when I stumbled on the forum originally.
Back to top Go down
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
RisingAboveThis

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeWed Sep 12, 2012 5:43 pm

Very nice guide. Wish I read it a week-or-two ago when I started Razz Blahhhhh

Very nice guide though! Very insightful Smile
Back to top Go down
Syzygistic
War Hero [Rare]
Syzygistic

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:27 pm

Wonderful guide, well written and informative. I learned alot.

Now I need to get Clock to write a guide for communicating in the game.......
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:44 pm

Great guide, except for this part....

struesdell wrote:

At level 1, your Orlando has 600 power. He hits like a girl.

Mad

I once punched a strudel, the filling never had a chance.
Back to top Go down
struesdell
struesdell

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:20 pm

Pugilist wrote:
Mad

GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRxNUDJ85EHkA-7_wFreE2gn5nhAX68epEthurkBV0a_E4QMgl6
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:27 pm

Damn straight!
Gina FTW!
Very Happy

Gina & I kicked a lot of @$$. Wink
Back to top Go down
Destini411

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeSat Sep 22, 2012 6:02 am

In Brave card pack you may get 3 Like a Star @ heaven card. Chance is wery low.
Back to top Go down
Itstoocold

Itstoocold

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 12:38 pm

So I have been grinding 6-3 in training to get Luna and I have seen very little. Has the Luna drop rate been lowered or?
Back to top Go down
struesdell
struesdell

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:10 pm

Itstoocold wrote:
So I have been grinding 6-3 in training to get Luna and I have seen very little. Has the Luna drop rate been lowered or?

The strategy is to grind it for cards and sell the cards. Just grinding it for the Luna drops isn't the part that's efficient.

And overall, it really does feel like 10-4 is a little better overall.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 1:51 pm

Yeah, I tried 6-3 out for a week way back when and then went back to 10-4. It has a better chance to drop 15k and 60k chests (it feels like) and the bears you get will sell for 5-6k each.
Back to top Go down
Itstoocold

Itstoocold

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 23, 2012 2:40 pm

Ok thanks for the info! See you in-game
Back to top Go down
Yoruno

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 24, 2012 2:14 am

Have been meaning to say thanks for the guide. Also balthier FTW! (has FFT:WoTL installed in this iPad currently)
Back to top Go down
AlmondDycee

AlmondDycee

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:02 am

thank you so much for this guide Smile so much help for newbies like me Smile
Back to top Go down
http://www.lethargic-angel.deviantart.com
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 01, 2012 3:53 am

maybe interesting to know

but for Player level 100 you need 376050 Player exp
Back to top Go down
Seinaru

Seinaru

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 1:57 am

This was Amazingly helpful for me Getting Started, and Registered a couple weeks later as I lost the link XD

Anyways, one thing I would add would be some Simple tips about how to get some 4 or 5 Stars from other players.
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 24, 2012 2:58 pm

Seinaru wrote:
This was Amazingly helpful for me Getting Started, and Registered a couple weeks later as I lost the link XD

Anyways, one thing I would add would be some Simple tips about how to get some 4 or 5 Stars from other players.

Here's my guide for that.
https://fantasica.forumotion.com/t2682-tips-free-new-members-free-player-quest#54042

I'm still making the 6* unit guide tho since I am just recording my gameplay and I'm also new.
Back to top Go down
metadune

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:10 pm

I have all 30 stages open so what's the best quest to grind experience on?
Back to top Go down
lmnseason
☆☆☆☆☆
lmnseason

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:27 pm

metadune wrote:
Quest 2-7 with all your allies. Just put one of the units you want to level.
Back to top Go down
metadune

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Dec 28, 2012 11:28 pm

lmnseason wrote:
metadune wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it!

Edit:

My friend said 24-6 is much better for exp and ally points, what do you guys think?
Back to top Go down
silus
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeFri Jan 11, 2013 1:03 pm

metadune wrote:
lmnseason wrote:
metadune wrote:

Thanks, appreciate it!

Edit:

My friend said 24-6 is much better for exp and ally points, what do you guys think?
If you have time to sit and grind it, 2-7 is alot better. Almost 3x the exp can be gained in an hour and not sure on ally points but it's higher due to 1 minute cooldown. You can repeat it nonstop without having to take much of a break.

If you are doing other things at the same time, 24-6 is one of the best ones and will usually have about 2 1/2 minutes between being able to restart it each time.
Back to top Go down
KuroNeko
☆☆☆☆
KuroNeko

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 3:47 pm

do ppl actualy buy/trade 1*/2* units/monster?
Back to top Go down
Uriel

Uriel

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 25, 2013 4:50 pm

KuroNeko wrote:
do ppl actualy buy/trade 1*/2* units/monster?

Mostly used as feeder units and bought with luna, though there are some 2* cards that will sell for more as people look for them. Claudio and Crimson Crab are the only 2* cards that really come to mind for that though.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)   GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money) I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

GUIDE: Getting Started in Fantasica (without spending money)
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next