Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Leveling and enhancing your cards

Go down 
+26
skrfirefly
Brokenluckx3
kyaaya
lmnseason
luxionmk2
cbutters3
ATROPEX
mct007tc
dewie68
Sientara
xXTaiWinXx
dnonamus
ohzark
ElysianField
Br4ve
Syzygistic
DerpaDerpa
Shokkeru
zoebeagle
Pugilist
Strenhelden
brokenchicken
clocksprocket
Admin
Keysta7
30 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next
AuthorMessage
Keysta7

Leveling and enhancing your cards Empty
PostSubject: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 2:26 am

Hey guys I'm fairly new to the game and I was wondering if anybody could break down what feeders are, how exactly they work, and how to efficiently use them. Thanks in advance!
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeSun Aug 19, 2012 6:55 am

Topic moved to Topic Suggestions.

Feeders are cards used to enhance another card. These usually range from 1* to 2* but some people also use 3* for it. I really can't help you with the best method to enhance since I only train through quests (I'm a cheapo :p) but I'm sure one of our members can help you out!
Back to top Go down
Keysta7

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Aug 21, 2012 1:50 am

Cool thanks for the info! I hear about ppl using leveled up 2* cards as feeders any idea on how that works?
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeFri Aug 24, 2012 6:03 pm

I know this was a few days ago, but --

I don't know the best way myself, but keep in mind that the higher the rank (and level) the card, the more experience the card you're enhancing gets from it.

I've typically just leveled up my 2*s to level 4 (it takes three 1*s to do that, to level 5 it would take me five) and then pump a bunch into a card all at once. Also, the lower level the card you are enhancing is, the more exp it gets at once and the less enhancing costs. So it's a smart idea to save up 40-50 (or more) feeders and dump them all into a new level 1 card at once.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 6:33 pm

I'm sitting on a bunch of 4* cards in the L50-60 range, and since I'm cheap I don't have a ready source of 3*s for feeders. What's my best method going to be to pump them up to L80 so I can continue building my someday-I-will-own-a-5* fund?

If I overload an enhance by putting too much in, will it stop at the card's level max or will it waste the overflow?
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 04, 2012 9:20 pm

I imagine it would just overflow but I wouldn't know. Besides it would be hard to get there from the level 50-60 stage.

The cheapest way to level up a card is, of course, to put it in 24-6 with five allies and do this over and over and over. It's free, except for the time it takes!
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:12 am

Cheapest way, certainly, but also the worst in terms of time and effort involved. If grinding the sixties and seventies for days on end is the only non-$$$ route to a first 5*, I'll fall off the wagon and find a new addiction long before reaching that point. I'm willing to spend luna to make luna and try to work out where the time-efficiency and luna-efficiency curves intersect.

Obviously, "watch what the big guys do" is a valid strategy, and most seem to be buying 2*L4s or 2*L5s regularly. 2*s are a renewable resource, so it's just a question of how far to level them and how many to use and how much to leave to the 24-6 grind. Superman_1234 spoke of 3* feeders elsewhere as well, and one sees 3*s in the <= 50k range in trade, but I'm not sure burning 3*s to lift 4*s is going to be productive. But will selling 3*L20s to fund pumping bears into high 4*s work out? Just continue selling batches of 2*L5s? I have six L4s around L60 right now, so I have some space for experimentation.
Back to top Go down
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

PostSubject: Why is high level useful?   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 1:35 pm

Other than events, why are high level characters useful?

There are only 20 training episodes, and 24 quest episodes, and it's not that hard to finish them all...

?
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 2:38 pm

Simply put: Cards of x stars are best leveled by burning cards of ( < x ) stars, the more experienced the better.

Therefore, maxed 4* cards hold value for people trying to level up their 5*s and 6*s. Since the paths to getting your own 5s and 6*s are, essentially:

1) spend real money
2) extreme luck with your occasional free Premium Tickets
3) grind millions of luna

selling maxed 4*s and other useful feeders is about the only viable method that isn't #1 or #2.

(Why are people leveling up their 5*s? For their trade value towards better 5*s and 6*s. Why are people leveling up their 6*s? Because they can.)

Also, special events like the just-finished Demon's Tower give uberleveled cards reasons to exist.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 4:28 pm

Events are a big reason to have 5/6* cards, yes. Although the normal quests are easy, some events can be a lot harder and are easier completed with better units. Besides, if you have higher-ranked cards you typically end up with allies that also have higher ranked cards. Aside from having a strong army of units I feel like this also gives you more trading opportunities and so on.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 06, 2012 9:59 pm

Question:

Does it matter what order your enhancing cards are in? confused
i.e. If I'm enhancing a card with 30 cards (at once) and the 1st 5 are 1* then the next 10 are 2* then the next 15 are 3*, does the xp given from the higher * cards have any effect on the card being enhanced since the card is increasing in level? As the enhancing continues the card is incrasing in level, so 1* cards give less xp obviously, but the 2* & 3* cards give more to a card whose xp gap is increasing.

Or when you can enhance a card with 30 cards in whatever order it doesn't even matter, as it is preset? confused

I used to punch Enhanced Electronics employees.
Back to top Go down
Strenhelden
Terror of the End [Rare]
Strenhelden

PostSubject: Don't think order matters   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 12:32 am

I don't think the order matters. Fantasica seems to have two exp scales. One is the true exp (which is what you see when you complete quests). The other is a 0-100 scale indicating percentage of current level.

My guess is each card gives a set amount of exp of the first kind. But when you convert it to the second scale, it looks to be less.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 07, 2012 5:27 am

What Strenhelden says makes a lot of sense. I imagine whatever exp is added is of the "true" exp variety - it just takes more and more of that as the unit levels up. Furthermore I don't think there is a way to decide what gets used to enhance first, so it shouldn't be a concern.
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: I've been crunching...   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 4:30 pm

Just a few things of note that I've found while enhancing recently:

It takes approximately 17 lv1 ★ to get a lv1 ★★ to level 10.
It takes less than 6 (but more than 5) lv10 ★★ to get a ★★★ to level 20.

Keep in mind I do have several of the enhancing upgrades, so these numbers might be a little off if you don't have any skill points in enhancing.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeMon Sep 10, 2012 6:55 pm

On the other hand it takes three 1★ to enhance a 2★ to level 4, or one run through 24-6 to do so (you can't do this with monsters though, just units). One level 10 2★ is better than three level 1 2★.
Back to top Go down
Shokkeru
☆☆
Shokkeru

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 3:14 pm

This might sound kinda stupid, but would it be more efficient to do 24-6 with the unit you're trying to level at higher levels(non-monsters obviously), or to do 24-6 with your feeders and level up your main unit with said feeders?

I'm thinking because at low levels you obviously get levels faster with less exp and I'm not sure how levels and rarity translate into exp while enhancing.

So for example:
1. Do 24-6 for a 2* or 3* unit until a certain level.
2. Enhance 5* (above level 70 or so) with the leveled up 2*/3*.

Would that be a more efficient use of time/resources instead of using quests to level the 5* and using other feeders to level up other feeders?

Last edited by Shokkeru on Tue Sep 11, 2012 4:20 pm; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:04 pm

Well... at 1-3 You get 144 xp with one unit and all allies summoned. That's about 720 xp per 5 minutes. 24-6 Gives 585 xp. Of course clicking for 5 minutes straight kinda sucks.
Back to top Go down
Shokkeru
☆☆
Shokkeru

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:09 pm

Yeah I've tried doing the 1-3 thing, but got tired of it really quick. Razz
Back to top Go down
Admin
ADMIN
Admin

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeTue Sep 11, 2012 4:12 pm

I only recommend doing that if you have tons of time and are impatient.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 2:10 pm

Debating what the best use of my 3* units will be.

I have a handful of L1 3*s, a couple more I've leveled to L20 and a few more at L30. Where's the sweet spot between selling for luna and getting meaningful gains when enhancing 4*s with them?
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeThu Sep 13, 2012 7:44 pm

I wish we knew...

I mean, there are ways to figure it out, and I was doing some testing earlier. It'd involve taking various feeder cards and feeding them to a constant level 1 card, and seeing how much exp it takes etc.

Like a level 10 2* takes up a card to about level 9 (didn't write down the exp), whereas I think three level 4 2*s take a card to level 7 or so. Something like that. Obviously higher leveled cards are better for enhancing anyway, but if you can buy a level 10 2* for cheaper/same price as three level 4 2*s, that'd be better (well, duh). So the next step would be to figure out values for 3*s as well and then see if that's economically viable.

And of course, at higher levels, enhancing costs more per card, so you'll want to use fewer cards, which is why 3* and 4* feeders are a good idea.
Wow, what did I just write? Meaningless circular talk.
Back to top Go down
DerpaDerpa
Ocean Dweller [Rare]
DerpaDerpa

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 8:56 pm

So we know that:
17x lv1 1* to make a 2* into Lv10
5-6 lv10 2* to make a 3* into Lv20

How many Lv10 2* Feeders does it take to max a Lv1 3* card?
How many Lv20 3* Feeders does it take to max a Lv1 4*/5*/6* card?

I want to reduce the amount of feeders I need, or know how many I need in total at level 10/20/max etc.
??x Lv4 1* to make a 2* into Lv10?
How about;
??x Lv5 1* to make a 2* into Lv10?

I can do 4 runs and make 3x Lv5 from 24-6.

A .195 exp on Lv1.00 gets to Lv2.63 (195 exp total now) Gain: 1.63 Assume 1.63=100%
B. 195 exp on Lv2.68 gets to Lv3.70 (390 exp total now) Gain: 1.07 Loss: 34.36% of A
C. 195 exp on Lv3.70 gets to Lv4.54 (585 exp total now) Gain: 0.84 Loss: 21.50% of B
D. 195 exp on Lv4.54 gets to Lv5.26 (780 exp total now) Gain: 0.72 Loss: 14.29% of C

1 Run for 585 exp with 1x card in 24-6 obtains level 4.54.
4 Runs with 3x Lv1 cards make 3x Lv5.26 Cards

I'm just looking on any way I can cut back on wasting feeder cards Smile. Any help would be greatly appreciated by all I'm sure!

Back to top Go down
DerpaDerpa
Ocean Dweller [Rare]
DerpaDerpa

PostSubject: A pattern   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:23 pm

So I did some testing and found a pattern

All Lv1 feeders on the left of the =

1* + 1* = 2.48 (+148 exp)
1* + 1* + 1* = 3.48 (+248 exp)
1* + 1* + 1* + 1* + = 4.09 (+309 exp)
1* + 1* + 1* + 1* + 1* + = 5.55 (+455 exp)
1* + 1* + 1* + 1* + 1* + 1* + = 5.85 (+484 exp)

I'd repeat this test using 2* cards if I had enough but I dont. If anyone would care to donate, I'll pay 1k each for the cause, my ID's on the right ---->
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:27 pm

I think the real question is:

https://youtu.be/xY2A7WIOqCA

Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitimeSun Sep 16, 2012 9:28 pm

You never punched an owl? Razz
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Leveling and enhancing your cards   Leveling and enhancing your cards I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Leveling and enhancing your cards
Page 1 of 3Go to page : 1, 2, 3  Next