Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

How did everyone start playing Fantasica?

Go down 
+28
Abyssight
Hajkster
joeladams20
Selenia
abuqasar
jacklanton
po1102
wadtomaton
basiliskeye
theinfamousone
the3ptsling
pnoytroi
conductings
predator852
sychosys
Ember Lake
MiyamaMizuki
wilyone
bleachcosplay
MajinKoba
FastfoodJesus
Whenesday
Cam
steakjuice
ElysianField
tzerherman
clocksprocket
chaosbladeuk
32 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
chaosbladeuk
☆☆☆☆
chaosbladeuk

How did everyone start playing Fantasica? Empty
PostSubject: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:08 am

I've been playing this game since August and was wondering however got playing with Fanta?

I started playing Rage of Bahamut (which by the way is a terrible game); looked at the other games Mobage had and saw this. Actually what happened was that I signed into RoB one day and lost my account and thought screw this I'm not starting over again.

I noticed it was a tower defense game with artwork by the guy who did Final Fantasy so was immediately drawn into it.

The cool down time without waiting for stamina to recharge was a welcome change to RoB.

Share your stories!
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:15 am

I started playing early August as well, I think 1 or 2 days right after it was released for iOS.

I frequent another forum and there's an iOS games megathread there, and a random user posted a little blurb about Fantasica. Said it was a cool take on all those other RoB/CCG-style games, so I downloaded it on a whim and checked it out. I actually found it pretty endearing and surprisingly fun. I also liked the fact that you could do a lot without having to wait hours for timers to recharge -- I mean, you could do quests every 5 minutes and train every minute! Whoa!

And you had a goal to work towards by leveling units, and the whole sprite system was sort of cute as well.

And, well, now I'm here! (:
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:24 am

Was one of the earliest players, back when having a 5* is a huge deal, and the rare card report wont move for 6-7 hours at all sometimes. Started playing when i was on holidays, because i saw that the promo in Google Play Store says: "art by Hideo Minaba", whose art is familiar with me through the Final Fantasy Tactics series Smile
Back to top Go down
ElysianField
☆☆☆☆☆☆
ElysianField

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:20 am

i was looking for something to spend my time on

just a coincidence that i play now.

if i had find a different game i like on the mobile i would be playing that now
Back to top Go down
steakjuice

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:13 am

I was recommended by a friend. Big fan of the Final Fantasy Tactics art style. Pretty addicted now. Trying to play free, but can't say I'm not tempted to buy a prem box!
Back to top Go down
tzerherman
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
tzerherman

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 10:44 am

steakjuice wrote:
I was recommended by a friend. Big fan of the Final Fantasy Tactics art style. Pretty addicted now. Trying to play free, but can't say I'm not tempted to buy a prem box!

i know dat feel bro. Proud to say i still havent spent a cent on it ^^
Back to top Go down
Cam
☆☆☆☆
Cam

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:01 am

I had Mobage on my phone from an OMGPOP game called Putt Putt Penguin,
which I haven't played in a while so was about to delete it along with Mobage.
Before I did, I checked the other Mobage games and saw Fantasica [must of been early September].
I literally only downloaded it because of the interesting name and picture. lol.
I didn't get around to playing Fantasica until about 3 weeks after I downloaded it, and I'm here/still playing so of course I've enjoyed it since <3
Back to top Go down
Whenesday
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
Whenesday

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:46 am

For me I'm simply browsing the iOS Top 10 list on the whim and I saw it being listed. Checked it out and I'm attracted by the art style and it being a collectible card game, and gave it a shot haha.
Back to top Go down
FastfoodJesus
Peace Keeper [Retired]
FastfoodJesus

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:54 am

Looked for random TCG-like games and stumbled upon Fantasica around mid-July. What really drew my attention was the final fantasy-esque sprites from Hideo.

I'm still here, so there ya go. Lol
Back to top Go down
MajinKoba

MajinKoba

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:00 pm

I found a thread about Fantasica on some Rob forums I frequented, tried it out, and it won me over with its mix of card/tower defense mechanics, more things to do, keeps my interest. Came in at the tail end of the Venus Collesium Event.
Back to top Go down
bleachcosplay
☆☆☆
bleachcosplay

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:10 pm

I have a demotivational posters app on my iPhone and Fantasica was one of the adds.
I think what attracted me was the fact that the artist was the same artist from Final Fantasy.
Back to top Go down
wilyone

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:13 pm

tzerherman wrote:
the promo ... says: "art by Hideo Minaba", whose art is familiar with me through the Final Fantasy Tactics series Smile
This is what got my interest initially. Ironically, it was after the iOS launch and I found that it was on both Android and iOS.
Back to top Go down
MiyamaMizuki

MiyamaMizuki

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:26 pm

I found this game when I was browsing itune store and instantly fell in love with it XP
Back to top Go down
steakjuice

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 12:43 pm

tzerherman wrote:
steakjuice wrote:

i know dat feel bro. Proud to say i still havent spent a cent on it ^^
Actually, I lied; I bought a premium pack at the $0.99 promotional price. I figure it's the price of an app, and I've already gotten my money's worth. Opened Sergei and barely use him anymore. Most of my lovin' has been going into the 4* event prizes and, as of today, the new DB cards.
Back to top Go down
Ember Lake

Ember Lake

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 1:31 pm

My friend recommended it to me. Got addicted instantly. Though, he doesn't play anymore because the game logged him out and he forgot both his password and e-mail. Bad luck on his part!
Back to top Go down
sychosys
☆☆
sychosys

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:33 pm

I was looking for new games to play while I was at work, as I had grown tired of Pocket Planes. My friend told me he started playing this game, and I decided I'd give it a shot. The art was pretty cool, the gameplay was fun, and I'm a pure sucker for collectible card games, so I was hooked.
Back to top Go down
predator852
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
predator852

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 2:42 pm

Was playing Rob and got bored. Plus, spent $100 and never got anything good so I looked down the Mobage game list and saw this. Tower Defense games were my first love, so I dowloaded it as soon as I saw it. Now I'm $300 in the hole and hvent been on the rare card report once, but I love the gamepley, and the forum too!
Back to top Go down
conductings

conductings

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 3:18 pm

I was playing Scramble Free one day in August and saw a banner advertisement. The art style reminded me of Final Fantasy and I clicked it out of curiosity. The rest is history as they say.
Back to top Go down
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 6:34 pm

Started playing September 10. After RoB started doing their long trade bans.
Back to top Go down
the3ptsling

the3ptsling

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:15 pm

Wife started playing it before me. When i noticed it was like crystal defenders I decided to try it out. Been hooked ever since.
Back to top Go down
theinfamousone

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 7:55 pm

I was home sick and was looking for something to do. I already had a mobage account from RoB, so I decided to look at the other games they had. This one won my interest as it is tower defense and card collecting, and I'm here today.
Back to top Go down
basiliskeye

basiliskeye

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 8:53 pm

Was bored.
Saw game.
Played game.
No longer bored.
Back to top Go down
wadtomaton

wadtomaton

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeMon Oct 29, 2012 11:11 pm

I heard about it on the 8-4 Play podcast
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeTue Oct 30, 2012 1:28 am

I was playing this game called 'No Zombies Allowed', got pretty hooked, played everyday. In that game, you earn cash by watching ad videos, and I watched like dozens of them per day, until I saw Fantasica ad xD

So now I'm here, almost completely ditching NZA. Great advertising is great!
Back to top Go down
jacklanton

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitimeTue Jul 30, 2013 1:51 am

chaosbladeuk wrote:
I've been playing this game since August and was wondering however got playing with Fanta?

I started playing Rage of Bahamut (which by the way is a terrible game); looked at the other games Mobage had and saw this. Actually what happened was that I signed into RoB one day and lost my account and thought screw this I'm not starting over again.

I noticed it was a tower defense game with artwork by the guy who did Final Fantasy so was immediately drawn into it.

The cool down time without waiting for stamina to recharge was a welcome change to RoB.

Share your stories!

exactly my story!
but in my story, im playing Blood Brothers. im looking for my phone game, since i travelled a lot.
I installed fantasica for coin.
and...did something stupid on my unit on Blood Brothers. Screwed it. i start play on fantasica. and get drown.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: How did everyone start playing Fantasica?   How did everyone start playing Fantasica? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

How did everyone start playing Fantasica?
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next