Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]

Go down 
+32
n00face
Ninjamonkey1118
bx65
dastand
Skipmode24
Hadrael
NapkinPower
Admin
xmikechenx
kaieitenjitsu
colderpenguinn
memphiskite
cuddytime
Curasa
struesdell
Kc132
jsherman
Syzygistic
BrinkerBeers
RedRivers
Pugilist
brokenchicken
KojimaGTR
Strenhelden
JackNABox
tzerherman
zoebeagle
Serotheo
RisingAboveThis
jdelmundo
Shokkeru
clocksprocket
36 posters
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10
AuthorMessage
kaieitenjitsu

kaieitenjitsu

[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:50 am

@clock, my luck also not good also ><. I use 8 L brew also din meet Agrippina. some more i mostly meet those little point enemy ><
Back to top Go down
Dark Knlght
Peace Keeper [Retired]
Dark Knlght

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:20 am

I got 2011 on points and low 2000 on battles....not bad. With my tickets i got *** Evert, Julian, Treant, Matvei ** Bear, mummy and with login ticket ** Solveig. Crap, at least I got some I was missing from my collection but I'm not going to use them.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 9:52 am

Welp! I quit.

I was traveling last night and missed out on the last 12 hours of the event, during which I fell from #170-ish to #225 in BT points (which I fully expected) and #112 to #210 in battles (which is nigh-impossible except in a system where people can pay cash to leap over people who don't).

My "reward" was 10 Premium Tickets, which gave Alex, six 3*s and three 2*s.

I will never own a 5* without hitting Powerball, so I'm done participating in events.

Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 10:07 am

brokenchicken wrote:
Welp! I quit.

I was traveling last night and missed out on the last 12 hours of the event, during which I fell from #170-ish to #225 in BT points (which I fully expected) and #112 to #210 in battles (which is nigh-impossible except in a system where people can pay cash to leap over people who don't).

My "reward" was 10 Premium Tickets, which gave Alex, six 3*s and three 2*s.

I will never own a 5* without hitting Powerball, so I'm done participating in events.

The Black Castle in the Sky event you can get a 5* for clearing the tower (thingy?)... 100 Floors.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:16 pm

And if it's that easy to get it'll be like Fiona, a 4 1/4* in practice because it will be meaningless in trade value.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not delete-the-app angry, I don't need Froggy as my avatar.
[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 R3rZy

I got beat fair and square. I'm just resigned to being a lower-tier player.

Back in the 5* thread, I said I believed there were three routes to high-end cards: cash, extreme luck and extreme grinding. Well, I underestimated the amount of the last two required. If 70+ hours of grinding the VC wasn't enough, I don't need it that badly. With Premium Tickets revealed as a bad joke, extreme luck becomes REALLY extreme luck. Worse yet, the hordes of PTs spawned by Venus has flooded the 3* and 4* market, devaluing what I did get from all those tickets.

If I'd spent the entire event doing nothing but grinding out brews and feeders, I'd have come out far ahead Luna-wise than coming just short of #200 on both sides got me. "A little more grinding" doesn't fix my issues because that translates to "other people will just buy a few more elixirs."

Even then, the 5*s that anyone will actually consider worthy of notice are generally well into eight figures and requiring months and months of grinding. I could probably liquidate my maxed 4*s and pick up a Thrain right now, if I really wanted to, and I'd end up with a pretty much untradeable 5* that is arguably just a little better than an Achillea, _which nearly everyone who played the event just got for free_. (Sea attack aside, as the game has no meaningful sea content yet.)

So I'll keep playing, but mostly just to complete what's left in my 3* and 4* album slots. Anything above that goal-wise is out of my reach because whatever I do, someone with cash to spend can blast right by it. And I knew that going in, of course, the whole game is structured around pay-to-play; I had no illusions of hitting any top 10 leaderboards or competing with people who buy ten boxes at a time. I just didn't think it was _that_ overwhelmingly tilted. Silly me.
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:38 pm

Actually it's a very good (IMO) 5* if I remember correctly.

http://w.livedoor.jp/fantasica/d/%a5%e6%a5%cb%a5%c3%a5%c8%a1%fa5#sonia
Back to top Go down
Sientara
☆☆
Sientara

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:43 pm

zoebeagle wrote:
Actually it's a very good (IMO) 5* if I remember correctly.

http://w.livedoor.jp/fantasica/d/%a5%e6%a5%cb%a5%c3%a5%c8%a1%fa5#sonia

The 5* you get in that event is a monster. http://w.livedoor.jp/fantasica/d/%C5%B7%B6%F5%A4%CE%B9%F5%CE%B5%BE%EB#sonia

It then can be reincarnated in an later event.
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 2:45 pm

Yep, I know. Reincarnation is the easy part :-)
I should have been more clear.
Back to top Go down
Curasa
☆☆
Curasa

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:08 pm

Why do you class yourself as a 'lower-tier' player? lol I don't think this game is serious enough atm to have tiers of players. Nothing so far takes skill to do which should establish tiers. The only thing you need is Elixer.

Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 3:20 pm

Curasa wrote:
Why do you class yourself as a 'lower-tier' player? lol I don't think this game is serious enough atm to have tiers of players. Nothing so far takes skill to do which should establish tiers. The only thing you need is Elixer.

I agree... and also, I started playing shortly after the game came out here. It took me over a month (I believe it was around 6 weeks) to save up enough money to buy my first 4* (Django). I paid 800k for him which sucked my bank dry. I got lucky and bought a Gleb for 500k. Now 4*'s are practically given out like candy, so... really, you've just managed to skip the big wait between 3* and 4*. The jump from 4* to 5* is much larger, but with events, that means more and more are getting injected into the game, which means there will be more and more available for you to try to trade up.

I got my first 5* from being in the bottom tier of Demon Tower... and you better believe pretty much every second I was awake I was glued to my phone. It consumed me.

Don't forget to have fun... it's a game!
Don't give up hope. You'll get one. Even if you give up trying to trade and buy a box. You just need a little more time.
Cool
Back to top Go down
cuddytime

cuddytime

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 4:45 pm

there are only 2 currencies in this game:
elixir & time
Back to top Go down
jdelmundo

jdelmundo

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:55 pm

Cards are also currency which makes 3
Back to top Go down
dastand
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
dastand

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 5:56 pm

you forget people also pay with potions and even items
Back to top Go down
http://www.something.com
pnoytroi
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
pnoytroi

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 21, 2012 8:40 pm

zoebeagle wrote:
... and you better believe pretty much every second I was awake I was glued to my phone. It consumed me.

I don't think I've been this consumed in a phone game. Not even with Rage of Bahamut was I this addicted... Now with the event over I can get some sleep~! Haha

Sadly I fall in the category of buying cards but *shrugs* meh *shrugs.* But oh well. It still makes the game more enjoyable for me :-)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 10 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]
Page 10 of 10Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10