Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]

Go down 
+32
n00face
Ninjamonkey1118
bx65
dastand
Skipmode24
Hadrael
NapkinPower
Admin
xmikechenx
kaieitenjitsu
colderpenguinn
memphiskite
cuddytime
Curasa
struesdell
Kc132
jsherman
Syzygistic
BrinkerBeers
RedRivers
Pugilist
brokenchicken
KojimaGTR
Strenhelden
JackNABox
tzerherman
zoebeagle
Serotheo
RisingAboveThis
jdelmundo
Shokkeru
clocksprocket
36 posters
Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next
AuthorMessage
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 Empty
PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 5:27 am

Event is going to be up soon!

If anyone has time to transcribe all the rules etc please post them here so we can have the information available. If not I'll do it at some point later.
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:20 am

clocksprocket wrote:
Event is going to be up soon!

If anyone has time to transcribe all the rules etc please post them here so we can have the information available. If not I'll do it at some point later.

Yes, please! I'm at work and would love to be able to check it all out before hand. =)
Back to top Go down
RisingAboveThis
Gingerbreadian [SPECIAL]
RisingAboveThis

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:36 am

Hmmm. Rating systems. Im already indifferent to this event.....at this point im just hoping for a premium ticket. Neutral
Back to top Go down
KojimaGTR

KojimaGTR

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:02 am

What is with this extra wait time?
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 9:58 am

Well, Fantasica is finally up. Writing this as I'm waiting for it to download the new data. Time to go read the rules and get cranking! *falls asleep*
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:29 am

If nothing else, I would love a list of who's who in the Armed Forces set so that I have any idea of whom to look for.

So far I've seen:

Cecilia (6*, unknown)
Stefan (5*, Magic, Slow 5)
Heidemarie (5*, unknown)
Franziska (5*, unknown)
Georgine (4*, unknown)
Helmut (4*, unknown)

Last edited by brokenchicken on Fri Sep 14, 2012 10:32 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:31 am

http://goo.gl/MWq6O
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:34 am

Story: The goddesses of Battle tower defiantly before you. What will you use to bring them down? Sword? Spell? Or something else...

The year was 1685 Kingdom Standard, the season of the Fire Drake. The scorching wind whispered the coming of a new battle.
Warriors throughout the land raise their eyes to the scarlet heavens, all are bent on the ultimate prize - The Promised Land.
The massive doors to the Colosseum open to those with the keys: Justice, Idealism, Fate, Ambition.
Four beautiful warriors, each with their own ward to protect. One ultimate goddess that stands above all. To the warrior that can defeat them all - fame and fortune.
In this orgy of blood and steel, your body, as well as the bonds between your allies, will be sorely tested.
The doors are open. The battle has begun.
Who will claim the right to rule - the Venus Colosseum?

About the Venus Colosseum:
Dominate the four arenas: East, West, North, and South, before defeating the reigning champion in the Center arena to clear the Colosseum.

Furthermore, defeat other players in Battle to earn BT Points. You may become eligible for prizes depending on BT Points held and the number of victories you have in player vs. player combat.

Fighting Within the Colosseum:
In the Venus Colosseum, you will assemble a team of 5 units that will do all of your fighting.

There will also be times when your Allies will assist you in battle.

Elven Brew:
Use of Elven Brew within the event will temporarily boost the attack strength of your units, as well as your player life total for all event battles.

Elven Brew occasionally drops during training.
*Your stock Elven Brew(S) and Elven Brew(L) will be deleted at the end of the event. Please be forewarned.

BT Points:
You will earn BT Points for every battle you are victorious in.

Bosses will award larger amount of BT Points if you manage to defeat them. You will also earn BT Points for defeating other people in player vs. player combat.
Furthermore, deploying any of the Armed Forces Series units will give you a BT Point boost depending on their rarity. The higher the rarity of the card deployed, the more of a bonus you ill receive to your BT Points.
The effects are not cumulative. You can only receive a bonus equal to your rarest Armed Forces card.
Finally, you only receive the BT Point boost if you successfully complete the event quest. You receive no bonus points if you fail.

Armed Forces Units:
Deploying one of the limited-edition, Armed Forces units within the Venus Colosseum will grant you a bonus to your BT Points depending on the rarity of the unit.

Victory Count:
Any wins you achieve in player vs. player combat will be added to your Victory Count.

*Victories won in each of the arenas will NOT add to your Victory Count.

Cooldown Within the Colosseum:
Initiating in battle will incur a Cooldown.

This cooldown will be handled separately from your normal quest, battle, and event cooldowns. While cooldown will disappear over time, you can also use a Time Elixir to instantly set any cooldown time to zero. Additionally, you can also use a Potion during an event battle to try that battle again.

Ranking:
There will be two types of ranking in the Colosseum: BT Point Ranking and your Victory Ranking.

You can view your rank and the rank of the ten players above you via the Ranking page.

Rank Rewards:
Achieving a spot in the upper ranking brackets gives you access to rare cards that cannot be acquired anywhere else.

The Rank Rewards are as follows:
BT Point Rank Rewards
- 1 to 5
Agrippina, the Empress (6*)
Plautia, Northern Gladiator (5*)
Nine Tailed Fox (6*)
- 6 to 10
- 11 to 15
- 16 to 30
Caecilia, Southern Gladiator (5*)
Premium Ticket x3
- 31 to 50
- 51 to 100
- 101 to 200
- 201 to 500
Premium Ticket x5
Time Elixir (P) x5
- 501 to 1000
Premium Ticket x4
Time Elixir (P) x4
- 1001 to 2000
Premium Ticket x3
Time Elixir (P) x3
- 2001 to 2500
Premium Ticket x2
Time Elixir (P) x2
- 2501 to 3500
Premium Ticket
Time Elixir (P)
- 3501 to 5000
Time Elixir (P) x3
- 5000+
Time Elixir (P)

Victory Rank Rewards
- 1 to 5
Cornelia, the Commander (6*)
Succubus (6*)
- 6 to 10
- 11 to 15
- 16 to 30
Premium Ticket x3
- 31 to 50
- 51 to 100
- 101 to 200
- 201 to 500
Premium Ticket x5
Time Elixir (P) x5
- 501 to 1000
Premium Ticket x4
Time Elixir (P) x4
- 1001 to 2000
Premium Ticket x3
Time Elixir (P) x3
- 2001 to 2500
Premium Ticket x2
Time Elixir (P) x2
- 2501 to 3500
Premium Ticket
Time Elixir (P)
- 3501 to 5000
Time Elixir (P) x3
- 5001+
Time Elixir (P) x2

BT Point Rewards:
You will also have the chance to win rewards based on your total BT Points.

Your BT Point Rewards are as follows:
300 BT Points - 1000 Luna
1000 BT Points - Elven Brew(L) x1
2000 BT Points - Potion x3
3000 BT Points - Time Elixir x3
4000 BT Points - Premium Ticket x1
5000 BT Points - Achillea, Eastern Gladiator(4*) x1
Every 3000 Points afterwards - Premium Ticket x1

Victory Count Rewards:
You will also receive rewards based on your Victory Count.

Your Victory Count Rewards are as follows:
1 Victory - 10000 Luna
5 Victories - Elven Brew(L) x1
10 Victories - Potions x3
20 Victories - Time Elixirs x3
30 Victories - Livia, Western Gladiator (4*) x1
Every 20 Victories afterwards - Premium Ticket x1

Last edited by clocksprocket on Fri Sep 14, 2012 11:43 am; edited 3 times in total
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 10:55 am

I grabbed a Helmut because (a) Area Effect, (b) Armed Forces unit and (c) LOOK AT THAT DERPY FACE.

Initial impressions are that the bonus points from having Armed Forces guys are less dramatic than Dark Elves were in Demon's Tower. A 4* Elf in DT turned a 10 point level into 50; I think this is turning 10 into 12. I'm not entirely sure on the effects on the PvP battles, but they're worth more so far than the 'standard' battles. We'll see what happens when bosses show up.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:21 am

brokenchicken wrote:
A 4* Elf in DT turned a 10 point level into 50; I think this is turning 10 into 12.

Shocked + Sad I don't see much point in grabbing one then.

I once punched a man who tried to grab me; I was worth a lot more than he thought.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 11:27 am

Well, let's put it this way; I don't know how much of a bonus 5* or 6* is giving, and the biggest bonuses were on boss levels which I haven't gotten to yet.

Those 10 -> 12s seem to be becoming 15s now, so perhaps the bonus will build as one advances further as well.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 12:08 pm

brokenchicken wrote:
Well, let's put it this way; I don't know how much of a bonus 5* or 6* is giving, and the biggest bonuses were on boss levels which I haven't gotten to yet.

Those 10 -> 12s seem to be becoming 15s now, so perhaps the bonus will build as one advances further as well.
Those 15s might be because those 10s slowly becomes 12s and 13s as you progress through the stages.

That's good to know though. If 4*s are only giving +2 BT rather than +40 then that's quite a huge difference. But maybe that changes up later.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:15 pm

I'm getting 12s without a special character.

I once punched a mathematician.
Back to top Go down
zoebeagle
Android Mechanic [Rare]
zoebeagle

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:16 pm

Pugilist wrote:

Was it a calculated hit? lol!

Anyway, I think the higher you get the more points you get per battle.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:26 pm

zoebeagle wrote:
Pugilist wrote:

Was it a calculated hit? lol!

WOOT! lol! x3.14

Nice one. Very Happy

I once kicked a calculator, it couldn't perform 707 upsidedown.
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:28 pm

Further notes:

The special attack for units with abilities only kicks in about half the time. This means that a batch of Knockback units, while still very good to put out there, isn't an outright lockdown solution for victory.

You get up to five units of your own, with a maximum of 100 unit points to allocate, plus two randomly selected allies. Obviously, who you get and who your opponent gets will have a big influence on Gladiator battles. Not a pleasant feeling to see the enemy team approach bookended by 6*ers.

Slow and Poison do not appear to have a dramatic effect. Knockback knocks an enemy's turn out of the queue when it activates. Area Effect, when it activates, appears to do about 2x single-attack damage to the enemy lifebar.

Elven Brews(S) give your team a 15-minute boost.

Once you clear the 20/20 of the East Arena, the next opponent is East Arena BOSS, who is Achillea, Eastern Gladiator. She brings some random unit friends but is pretty much a pushover the first time around. A new batch of East Arena 1/20 then opens up beneath the first, so it would appear it's quite a grind to reach center stage.
Back to top Go down
Pugilist

Pugilist

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:43 pm

Unless my eyes decieve me, poison activates each time the opponent makes a turn. If you notice whenever you poison your opponent, each time he/she attacks, they loose health.
Only explination - poison?

I kicked an illusionist.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 1:45 pm

Knockback knocks a unit's turn off. Slow has a similar effect -- pushes the unit's turn back (there is an internal turn calculator, based on your units' speeds), so I would say it's more useful than poison. Poison just takes a bit of health off each turn, but it's better to have your units attacking more than to do a bit of extra damage. Area attack isn't bad since it's like taking a free turn.

No idea what decides which opponents you get to battle, but it's probably based on level. All I see mostly is those topped out 6* owners, and fighting them is an exercise in futility. Laughing
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 3:11 pm

While stronger opponents may give more BT points, there doesn't appear to be any penalty for losing a fight as the challenged, nor for beating on the same person over and over, so if you find someone in the list who's a pushover you can do Search Again until they come up and then rack up wins that way. You're not hurting them in the process.

(And to prove the point, Livia GET without using elixirs.)

Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 6:36 pm

I was thinking it'd be cool if the person who cockblocked someone else from getting a victory got some kind of reward for it (ally points? brave points? BT?) but that could potentially lead to people abusing it somehow, so maybe not.

Is the +BT for your 4* still just 2?
Back to top Go down
brokenchicken
☆☆
brokenchicken

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:00 pm

Not entirely sure, since I'm not taking Helmut out to find out. Wink

I'm on the second East Arena set, #19 of 20, a 4* Armed Forces unit in my set, and I just got 29 BT points for it. Someone else can confirm what the 'normal' total for that is.

At least I'm doing it the right way this time. I'd probably have an Erhard now if I hadn't taken 'til day 4 of DT to realize that you had to OWN a Dark Elf to get bonus points; all those runs with Beatrix and Victoria allies deployed didn't do jack.
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:09 pm

Er, by the way. I just found out you can only attack a player in the Colosseum only so many times (per day)?

I feel like it's more than 3, but I could be wrong. Whoops. Laughing

And yeah, I didn't realize exactly how much DE elves helped. Getting 10 vs getting 50 is quite a large difference.
Back to top Go down
Serotheo

Serotheo

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:15 pm

clocksprocket wrote:
Er, by the way. I just found out you can only attack a player in the Colosseum only so many times (per day)?

I feel like it's more than 3, but I could be wrong. Whoops. Laughing

And yeah, I didn't realize exactly how much DE elves helped. Getting 10 vs getting 50 is quite a large difference.

Doubt it, I've been picking on this.. BK-20 guy and.. Neijikaku all day. >.>

Rank 24 Sad

EDIT: For those times you get screwed over by the randomizer, Poison is your best friend.. I've inched out victories many times with poison.

Last edited by Serotheo on Fri Sep 14, 2012 7:26 pm; edited 2 times in total
Back to top Go down
clocksprocket
Commando Chicklet [EPIC]
clocksprocket

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:22 pm

No idea, it just told me "nope, can't battle this person anymore!" Wonder why?

I was at the beach, so quite a far ways back on any rankings.

And the idea of another grueling week of Fantasica is making my head swim.
Back to top Go down
Serotheo

Serotheo

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitimeFri Sep 14, 2012 7:29 pm

Well, I need a few of you to stop appearing on my Coliseum list >.>
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]   [EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21] - Page 2 I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

[EVENT] The Venus Colosseum [Sept 14 - Sept 21]
Page 1 of 10Go to page : 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10  Next