Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

7*'s and 8*'s

Go down 
+4
KuroStar
ggorrell77
lucentSwallowtail
Real_HonestEyes
8 posters
AuthorMessage
Real_HonestEyes

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 12:36 pm

My birthday was a few days ago and I got a $30 iTunes gift card. Well I was wondering if I should use it to try to get a 7 or 8 star card.

I don't really want to waste it because I never have any luck with any card packs I've pulled, I've gotten 1 6* card from a 4*+ ticket once and that's all the luck I've ever had. I just don't want to waste it.

And if I do should I do the dream chests that are going on now or just use a hyper pack... I just really really want a 7* but what are the chances of me getting one..
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 1:29 pm

Are slim to none. Also, the hyper packs do not have 7*s, as far as I know.  As for the dream packs, a $30 pack definitely doesn't guarantee even a five star unit.  You can actually calculate the odds of real money pulls by taking the number of cards you want, divided by the number of cards in the chest, then multiply that by 100%, and then finally multiply that by the number of cards in whatever pack pull you want to buy.  In other words:

A. 4 cards of interest (the 6* EU, 7* EU, 7* Edea, and 8* EU--6* because you should be able to trade her for a 7* unit easily right now)
B. 1335 total cards in the dream chest (more like the chest of lost dreams)
C. 14 cards in a $30 pack

4/1335 * 100% * 14 = 4.19%, your chance of getting what you want if you go straight for the $30 pack

In other words, your chances are very very low.

Anyway, I hope this detailed post will help deter you from spending your gift on this game.  From your post, I would venture to say that you're not a big spender on this game with the resources to outright empty the chest, which is why I would discourage you from spending here.  That's not to say you can't achieve a 7*.  It'll just take time, effort, and patience.  =)

Hope that helps!

(Also, just mentioning this, but there are some other discussion posts buried a bit further about dream packs, step up packs, etc. I don't know about everyone else, but I super appreciate the people who go back and read old posts, like for old events, to figure out how they work before asking questions in the current event's threads. Again, I'm not trying to be mean, but I just wanted to state that out in the open).
Back to top Go down
Real_HonestEyes

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:20 pm

I really do appreciate it. And I'll do more research before posting next time. Wink and yeah I don't think I'll spend it. I want to but I have about 20ish TE and selling about 100TE worth of cards so I'll get there and use my gift card on renting a movie or something haha or buying a music album. I'll get there. Just inlatient
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 2:21 pm

lucentSwallowtail wrote:

4/1335 * 100% * 14 = 4.19%, your chance of getting what you want if you go straight for the $30 pack.

While your formula is close you forgot to take into account that you are removing cards from the box. The easiest way to calculate this is to calculate the odds that you don't draw one of the 4 useful cards.

The formula for that is:

{1-[(1331/1335)*(1330/1334)*(1329/1333)*...... 1317/1321)]}/100= 4.42%

Very close to what you reported, but slightly better.

Either way never buy packs looking for cards. Buy them for the event items in events you plan to rank in.

Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 10, 2014 3:55 pm

ggorrell77 wrote:
lucentSwallowtail wrote:

4/1335 * 100% * 14 = 4.19%, your chance of getting what you want if you go straight for the $30 pack.

While your formula is close you forgot to take into account that you are removing cards from the box. The easiest way to calculate this is to calculate the odds that you don't draw one of the 4 useful cards.

The formula for that is:

Either way never buy packs looking for cards. Buy them for the event items in events you plan to rank in.

Ooh, I forgot about that. Thanks, G! =D

Also, another thing you could do is buy potions when there's a sale (I think training events sometimes have an 11 potions for $10 deal sometimes) and try trading them off for TE. Before the start and around crunch time for heavy-potion events, rankers will "buy" potions with TE (e.g. 7 TE for every 6 potions, 6 TE for every 5 potions). If you're very lucky, you might find someone offering 5 TE for every 4 potions. "Might" is the keyword. =)

As for 7* progress, I think you're definitely on your way. I remember it took me a while to save up pure to outright buy a 7* card, but I felt very accomplished when I did. ^_^
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 12:37 am

lucentSwallowtail wrote:
ggorrell77 wrote:
lucentSwallowtail wrote:

The formula for that is:

Ooh, I forgot about that.  Thanks, G!  =D  

Also, another thing you could do is buy potions when there's a sale (I think training events sometimes have an 11 potions for $10 deal sometimes) and try trading them off for TE.  Before the start and around crunch time for heavy-potion events, rankers will "buy" potions with TE (e.g. 7 TE for every 6 potions, 6 TE for every 5 potions).  If you're very lucky, you might find someone offering 5 TE for every 4 potions.  "Might" is the keyword.  =)

As for 7* progress, I think you're definitely on your way.  I remember it took me a while to save up pure to outright buy a 7* card, but I felt very accomplished when I did.  ^_^

Don't spend money on potions. You are better off just waiting for more training events and getting guaranteed 7 free trade-able potions rather than just buying off from the store. It's just not worth it, considering the amount of pure that you need to buy 7* or rank.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 11, 2014 10:31 am

ggorrell77 wrote:

This. The only advice you ever need on whether to spend money in this game. If you only buy packs for event items (NOT event units!) you will never be disappointed.

In the past I made the mistake of buying some packs trying for cards and it was always a heartbreaker. It's hard when you see people "get lucky" it makes you want to try, but remember that yes, some of those are people getting lucky, but many MANY of those are people who have put a LOT of money in to get the one "lucky" pull. Most of those who are leading the EU8 for example, most of them have completely emptied their dream chest -- or nearly emptied it -- to get her.
Back to top Go down
Kigutsu

Kigutsu

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeSun Jul 13, 2014 8:57 pm

Off shoot question: are prices cheaper for one device over another? Google play vs iTunes, that kind of thing.
Back to top Go down
Hunkamajunka
☆☆☆
Hunkamajunka

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeMon Jul 14, 2014 5:08 am

As far as I know. ITunes is cheaper. Google play includes a tax on top of the purchase so if you buy 1000moba it comes to 10.00+ some odd cents
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 17, 2014 7:43 pm

I agree with Hunka on that. Also, if you're buying iTunes Gift Cards, there's always some discount offer you can get on them through stores when buying in packs, if you're lucky/patient enough.
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
Sponsored content

7*'s and 8*'s Empty
PostSubject: Re: 7*'s and 8*'s   7*'s and 8*'s I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

7*'s and 8*'s
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
 :: Fantasica :: Game Discussion-
Jump to: