Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Glad to join this

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Serperior

Serperior

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 11:18 am

I am new to the game, finding out about it from Extra Credits Youtube show about CCGs. I love the art style of the game and was pleased to see a great former Final Fantasy artist made the designs. I do not yet know how to add people as an ally in the game via their ID, so if anyone knows how please tell me. I only have one ally I found randomly. I am currently level 29 I think, and really enjoying the game. My ID is 29607513
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 1:12 pm

Hey there. Nice to see someone who's also enjoying Extra Credits.

I'll just let you in the beginner tips:

- Don't use Time Elixirs and/or Potions yet, as they're the game's trading currency. Learn the game, check the different events, ask around and plan accordingly.

- Choose your allies well and be nice to them. More than half of the events rely on good allies, and the more powerfull and trustworthy your allies are, the better.

- Start low, go slowly - if you don't invest money on this game (being a "free player", that is), focu on getting one unit of each type for each star rating. Go 3*/4*, then gather funds and rise to the 5* (or get a few freebies, as free 5* are easy to get), get one or two 6* once you collect enough funds (there are cheap ones and expensive ones, learn about the market at your pace).

Also, a big heads-up: The Final Fantasy artist mentioned in the video rarely does art for the game at this time, giving paths to other artists. Fortunately, some of them are also as good or as better as them (a lot of players like works from miso, apt and Northern Rock Star).

Hoping that you do enjoy the game. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Serperior

Serperior

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 1:49 pm

Hey thanks for all the good advice. I never used a time potion yet and just used a health potion once so far, so I will avoid using them. I took advantage of some of those "step up" cards since it was fairly cheap to get a bunch of cards (up until they started charging 1000 points then I stopped) so I have a good stat now. I don't mind there being new artists doing the cards but I do enjoy those Final Fantasty tactics style artwork they have on the original ones. So when you say earning the 5* cards (besides the freebies they give) do you mean trading for them using the potions?
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 2:32 pm

Oh, so you're a "low spender" like me. I normally spend on just the three first steps - the fourth, even if considered cheap, doesn't give as many bonuses as the first 3 steps.

Also, regarding the 5* - if you play an event and stay on it from start to finish, you'll most likely earn the 5* from that event. I'd advise not to buy any 5* with potions/TE (short for Time Elixir) unless it is a very specific card which you like either due to art or strategy (there's a 5* named Edwin who fits this category - having one of them is helpful on a few events). Save those for a 6*.

Another way to get easy 5* is the 4* + ticket, which is a ticket that may occasionally appear from event rewards and the daily roulette. They show up from time to time. Save them for later once you've got a decent 5* roster, as they're used on what we call "feeding Leana". You'll learn that as you play on.

Edit: if you have an ID of a friend you want to invite, go to the Trade section of the game. There, write down the ID of the ally and do the research. You'll arrive at the ally's page, where you can chat, trade or invite him.
Back to top Go down
jefferyj98

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitimeWed May 14, 2014 10:06 pm

Hey, I sent an ally request in game Razz hope to be helpful~
Back to top Go down
Serperior

Serperior

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitimeThu May 15, 2014 9:30 am

Hey thanks for all the help everyone! I feel much better understanding the game now. Think I am done spending money on it for now unless some cheaper deal comes, but it was nice to get a big boost of cards for the beginning. Now to earn my way up!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Glad to join this Empty
PostSubject: Re: Glad to join this   Glad to join this I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Glad to join this
Page 1 of 1