Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Step up or dream packs?

Go down 
+2
Amasuro
xxNibs
6 posters
AuthorMessage
xxNibs

Step up or dream packs?  Empty
PostSubject: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 5:15 pm

I'm a fairly new player in Fanta and would like to know which is better. Also which one has a higher chance of getting a 6*?
Back to top Go down
Amasuro
☆☆☆
Amasuro

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:04 pm

Dream packs has an increasing chance of drawing a 6*/7*/8*, so if your planning on spending a lot, you should go with that.

With step up packs, you can either get incredibly lucky, or never pull anything ever. You get quite a lot of cards on the first few steps, so its a good choice if your not spending a lot.

That said, don't buy the packs unless your ranking the current event. Only spend money for the event items, that way you'll be a lot less disappointed when you don't pull anything worthwhile.
Back to top Go down
maesone

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 6:46 pm

Polling a lot of friends and found that quite a few paid $30.00 for the Step Up Pack level 6 and no one, I repeat NO ONE, got anything over a 4 star. Isn't this surprising since it is supposed to be x20 right now?
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:24 pm

maesone wrote:
Polling a lot of friends and found that quite a few paid $30.00 for the Step Up Pack level 6 and no one, I repeat NO ONE, got anything over a 4 star. Isn't this surprising since it is supposed to be x20 right now?
6* pulling rate is like 0.2% normally lol
not sure about 5*s, didnt bother looking that up
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:28 pm

maesone wrote:

For step 1-6 the fine print is: the chance to draw a 3* and 5* remain the same.

The 6* chance goes up 20x, and the 4* chance goes down slightly to make the math work. But as Snow Tempest put it, the 6* chance starts at 0.2 % so in reality the percentages don't change that much.
Back to top Go down
AzakaZero
☆☆☆☆
AzakaZero

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 2:35 am

I think the best example of how step-ups give no guarantee is Lustjaw (was him, wasn't it?) spending $10,000 on them without getting Lunarie.

If you spend that kind of money on a dream chest you WILL get all the cards in the chest, I think emptying a dream chest costs about $4,000-$5,000 iirc? And you will likely get all relevant cards before that.

But, yeah, Amasuro said it, buy packs for items to rank, and maybe to get an event unit. Gambling with no goal will not get you much.
Back to top Go down
xxNibs

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 9:11 am

Thank you, guys!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Step up or dream packs?    Step up or dream packs?  I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Step up or dream packs?
Page 1 of 1