Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

So when will the 8* become tradeable?

Go down 
+7
KuroStar
po1102
Spacebug
Rogerwiwio
Swansonronald
xfalconhunterx
Ezodan
11 posters
AuthorMessage
Ezodan

So when will the 8* become tradeable? Empty
PostSubject: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 25, 2014 11:57 am

Is there any information on when the 8* units become tradeable and crash the market?
Would love to see all non LE 7* drop to 10% of their value of last month.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeMon Apr 28, 2014 8:00 am

Rosa and Krishna (The 8*s from Step Ups and Dream Packs during Legion Battle) are tradeable until May 2nd - and it's a glitch they confessed to in the Login Notice.

It's not about 8*'s being tradeable so much as it's about the non-reward 7*'s being available again and again.

The pack-issued 7*'s aren't necessarily as prevalent as the 6*'s, it's just that once the "market" began to slide, there was no way to recover it. Reprinting the 7*'s as well as making the 6*s so easy to obtain is what created this situation.

High Volume traders and hoarders built their trading model on the exclusive nature of the 7*'s and commanded high trade values because they could. Now most, if not all, of the pack-issued 7*'s are available for reprint at various times. They're no longer exclusive.

DeNA/Fanta/Mobage is saying: pay us. They're taking all of the wind out of the sails of those who use alternate means to acquire resources and units. Why use those sketchy alternate channels when you can spend an equal amount in game and achieve the same result - often with additional possible resources issued as you're buying those packs?

They know there is a secondary market and I don't think they approve of the values. Ideally, they will continue to re-issue cards until it makes more sense for the player to pull a pack than to pay absurd trade values for a single card/unit.
Back to top Go down
Swansonronald

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 29, 2014 7:19 am

I don't think that's what mobage is doing honestly, at least not completely... It would be true if to rank for 8* u needed am 8* event unit but except for the panel event (which is a spend fest) ranking for 8* has been possible with eu7 (and in some groups except for this event, but eu8 was tradeable...)

There is no way it is as cheap to pull as it is to buy the eu7 with pure... With te prices nowadays for a stepup u are likely buying an eu7 for 500 usd with te or much much less... That compares to the 1500 usd u probably have to spend in order to maybe get one by pulling...

Obviously mobage is trying to get people to pull... That is their revenue stream which in the short and long term they need to maximize. That said I think they are also giving the "game" time to gradually adjust from a 6* world to a 7* world... Card prices are slowly going lower versus all of a sudden crashing down... As a result, I don't think things will halve in price when 8* become tradeable. The top end card like King Arthur maybe will drop but she is still rank and iron wall skill... The only other card that is 2kish now is Neolith (and she went 1.9 in auction...) who is absolutely vanity as she is a weaker fuhrer who costs 1.2 pure or less...

What I find interesting is the 8* model versus the 7* model... 8*s don't seem to be significantly harder than 7*s to pull (in fact old 7*s probably used to be harder to pull...) that said, 8* rank rewards are exceedingly rare for much longer than 7* rank rewards were... 15 Alice versus 30 Neolith, 9 Messala, even this event will end with 15 8* rank rewards and 75 or so rediculously highly priced Krishnas lol.
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeFri May 02, 2014 8:46 am

They just reaffirmed with the Login Notice that ALL 8*s are and will be untradeable (for now.) They very carefully avoided suggesting that they'd lift that in the future. Reality suggests that they will someday, but no time soon.
Back to top Go down
Rogerwiwio

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 5:33 am

But with the 8* untradeable, many have lost the will to compete for it.

If you already have 3 or more of it but cant trade for other cards or get TE or POT to spend in Events why should you rank for annother one?
The 7* are trown at the market to get at least some te to rank again destroying complete the market.

Many quit of the top spenders. Lets see how this will go on
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 6:57 am

I'm waiting for people to get too many untradable 8*/7*/cards in their unit list, making it impossible for them to bank them, thus not able to clear their inboxes or even decently level a unit.
Back to top Go down
po1102
War Hero [Rare]
po1102

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 7:33 am

Spacebug wrote:
I'm waiting for people to get too many untradable 8*/7*/cards in their unit list, making it impossible for them to bank them, thus not able to clear their inboxes or even decently level a unit.

That's fanta for you, you get punished for playing the game Razz
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 9:19 am

po1102 wrote:
Spacebug wrote:

Lol exactly... I'm just guestimating, but I think some top players must have close to 20 untradable 7*/8* already in their unit list, with both event units and rank rewards.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 10:59 am

Spacebug wrote:
po1102 wrote:
Spacebug wrote:

Lol exactly... I'm just guestimating, but I think some top players must have close to 20 untradable 7*/8* already in their unit list, with both event units and rank rewards.

Especially one ranker who drew 4 Thlipses....
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 12:03 pm

Going to be a sad day when they have to start sending those untradable 7*s and 8*s to Mina.
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 22, 2014 2:36 pm

I'm wondering how they'll do this.

The old untradeable 4* / 5*'s from that one rook event were never changed, and I don't see Grace / Selina / Bristol / Giselle being changed either.

So what about things like Mok / Past / Scrios? Are they going to be tradeable? They 'feel' similar to the above untradeables so I'm leaning towards them staying as is too.

The rank 8*'s? Seems like it's 50/50 on those being changed down the road. Realistically, old/rare rank rewards don't move around that much so maybe they won't bother (like Isabelle, Black Dragon, Vine, maybe Diana moves more, but most seem to horde her I think).

So that leaves the pullable 8*'s. Those seem like the most likely candidate to get changed, and the fact that Krishna was temporarily tradeable leads me to believe that's the plan anyways.

Or maybe I'm just hoping because I pulled Light on my old GW Rook (level 33 with no skills!).

BTW, what was the other 8* that was accidentally tradeable when they broke Krishna?
Back to top Go down
redeemedsoul

redeemedsoul

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeThu May 29, 2014 8:36 am

I urge everyone that feels strongly about the issue to visit the below link:

http://www.change.org/petitions/mobage-tradeable-8-s

This petition, started by Ron Swanson, can help bring an 8* trading market quicker to the World Servers.

Thank You
Back to top Go down
matakaw
☆☆
matakaw

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitimeSat May 31, 2014 5:28 pm

I think Fanta should conduct new features like
1. Self-banking (you can bank all unnecessary units to inbox by not using trading).
2. Improve unit list counts from 75 to 100 or 150.
3. Monster list (monsters must not included in the unit list since they are not units though.)
4. Inbox cap from 1000 to 1500-2000.

Maybe even this, will solve our problem even 8*s are still untradeable.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: So when will the 8* become tradeable?   So when will the 8* become tradeable? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

So when will the 8* become tradeable?
Page 1 of 1