Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...

Go down 
+16
broom
PangCY
Rcybs
lucentSwallowtail
Ceres
EverCheYoung
Roanmarvel
Mhazard
KuroStar
Tentacle Love
StelraEtnae
SnowTempest
Spacebug
alexterrier92
Hajkster
Wolframite
20 posters
Go to page : 1, 2  Next
AuthorMessage
Wolframite

Wolframite

That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... Empty
PostSubject: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 5:37 am

There's that special feeling of resignation, coupled with a hint of defeat, that I'm sure many of us feel. That feeling of wanting a card, but knowing full well it's near (or absolutely) impossible to get.

For me, it's 7★ Lactea and 6★ Black Dragon - both high-end limited edition cards only distributed as event prizes in very limited numbers.

Do any of you guys have cards you dream of that are out of reach?
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 6:43 am

Wolframite wrote:
There's that special feeling of resignation, coupled with a hint of defeat, that I'm sure many of us feel. That feeling of wanting a card, but knowing full well it's near (or absolutely) impossible to get.

For me, it's 7★ Lactea and 6★ Black Dragon - both high-end limited edition cards only distributed as event prizes in very limited numbers.

Surprisingly, the last card i wanted was Ludmila 6*, which i ended up trading an azul and muriel for. After that there hasn't been any card per say i want, except perhaps simply getting stronger units. But if there is one old card i have my sights on that i know i'll never get its Diana blue 6*. I love the card art on it. =P
Back to top Go down
Wolframite

Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 8:26 am

Hajkster wrote:
Wolframite wrote:

Surprisingly, the last card i wanted was Ludmila 6*, which i ended up trading an azul and muriel for.  After that there hasn't been any card per say i want, except perhaps simply getting stronger units. But if there is one old card i have my sights on that i know i'll never get its Diana blue 6*. I love the card art on it. =P

Hehe, so I'm not alone in buying cards for their artwork. Strong cards are nice. Strong cards with amazing artwork are just awesome. 7★ Romulus is another which I find looks awesome, but since he's technically not retired, he's taken a backseat in my mind compared to 6★ Black Dragon and 7★ Lactea. I try console myself that I was lucky enough to get Fire Dragon... who is almost as strong. Almost.

But curse you, recruitment/awakening events! Curse youuuu! Making rare monster cards even rarer...
Back to top Go down
alexterrier92

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 06, 2014 10:26 pm

it will never satiate you. for me i got my first 7* few days ago which is liz7 and i really like her very much. when she arrived in my inbox, i was so excited and immediately leaded her. after a 2 hours im already thinking of my next 7*. i was thinking of a cheaper ones like lierna, but i realised i need to limit my spending. if not i'll end up eating dirt. so now that i have most of my dream cards, im laying back deploying my fav units in quests (neon, romaine,evangeline, phileas) and hope i will not be tempted.
and GW coming is not helping!!! >.<

so i asked my ally to constantly remind me to stay sane and not going all over in spending.
i hope i'll do well lol. plus, im just a college student and no income. my ally also commented that for a student i am already super player with romaine,neon and a 7*. so i'll be staying out of packs to avoid temptation and stay in my own wall lol.

yes, i got that feeling when i believe i couldn't afford for expensive and beautiful cards (used to b neon and evangeline when i first started out in september 2013). but now i got all that i want. i hope i can remain satisfy till my fiannce is stable again.
Back to top Go down
Spacebug
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 6:54 am

Isn't that how life is in general?  Laughing At least most of the things in Fanta can be bought with cash, while in real life not really.
Back to top Go down
SnowTempest
☆☆☆
SnowTempest

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 07, 2014 7:47 am

That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... S_1154917_528a1596c9ce1
Back to top Go down
Wolframite

Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeSat Mar 08, 2014 10:05 am

SnowTempest wrote:
That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... S_1154917_528a1596c9ce1

I actually laughed out aloud seeing that.

Spacebug wrote:
Isn't that how life is in general?  Laughing At least most of the things in Fanta can be bought with cash, while in real life not really.

Well, yes, I suppose so. It's weird - I want the cards really badly, but just not enough to spend money in the game.

alexterrier92 wrote:
it will never satiate you. for me i got my first 7* few days ago which is liz7 and i really like her very much. when she arrived in my inbox, i was so excited and immediately leaded her. after a 2 hours im already thinking of my next 7*. i was thinking of a cheaper ones like lierna, but i realised i need to limit my spending. if not i'll end up eating dirt. so now that i have most of my dream cards, im laying back deploying my fav units in quests (neon, romaine,evangeline, phileas) and hope i will not be tempted.
and GW coming is not helping!!! >.<

so i asked my ally to constantly remind me to stay sane and not going all over in spending.
i hope i'll do well lol. plus, im just a college student and no income. my ally also commented that for a student i am already super player with romaine,neon and a 7*. so i'll be staying out of packs to avoid temptation and stay in my own wall lol.

yes, i got that feeling when i believe i couldn't afford for expensive and beautiful cards (used to b neon and evangeline when i first started out in september 2013). but now i got all that i want. i hope i can remain satisfy till my fiannce is stable again.

I guess that's true. There's still quite a few cards I still want before I consider myself 'satisfied'... As a free player I'm actually feeling grateful that 6★ cards are becoming cheaper and cheaper.
Back to top Go down
StelraEtnae

StelraEtnae

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 4:55 pm

I daresay everyone has that feeling sooner or later, haha. For me, it's a 7* card - Fang
Dat bishie *_*:

Being a fairly new and resolutely free player, 7*s are still far, far out of my reach, let alone an LE one like Fang. (T_T)

That said, for now I'm happy with aiming for little trophies that I can earn with some good and consistent effort - namely Vert and Evangeline - and feeling awesome when I do get them. Wink Then again, since it's human nature to keep wanting more, I'll probably have set an even higher target by the time I get them. xD
Back to top Go down
Tentacle Love
☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 5:52 pm

You can guess why I want Madeleine.
She's a little out of reach for now. Hopefully I will strike it rich and become an infinityf***zillionaire soon, but until then I can only sigh and look wistfully out the window.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeSun Mar 09, 2014 9:22 pm

All I can do is to album... and look at the cards...
Back to top Go down
Mhazard

Mhazard

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 4:14 am

I'd say... in my case... every single 6* other than Papyrus, Benedicta and Lusoria... unaffordable...
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 2:47 pm

To me, Scios looks awesome, is untradeable and out of reach without dropping several hundred dollars.

So I'll just have to content myself with seeing her card art / sprite on the wiki lol.
Back to top Go down
EverCheYoung

EverCheYoung

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:26 pm

Scrios is tradeable isn't she? Cloche is tradeable so I don't see why Scrios wouldn't be. And I don't think the rules say that they aren't tradeable.

(The rules said they weren't tradeable on the first day or so, but I think Fanta got rid of that.)
Back to top Go down
Roanmarvel
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 7:43 pm

Rule banner page still list her as untradeable, maybe they changed it, but I'm not holding my breath (still the matter of coming up with a couple hundred pure).
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeMon Mar 10, 2014 10:01 pm

EverCheYoung wrote:
Scrios is tradeable isn't she? Cloche is tradeable so I don't see why Scrios wouldn't be. And I don't think the rules say that they aren't tradeable.

(The rules said they weren't tradeable on the first day or so, but I think Fanta got rid of that.)

Scrios is still known to be untradable as shown on the image of the event in the rules.
Back to top Go down
Ceres

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:40 pm

is bitter..i try now to save my p/te month bye month in getting more, to get my first 7*
Why?i wanna be a strong ally for others, and the events/quests will be more easy for me to make, with a 7* but i will not accept the peoples as allys who turned me down when i only had 4* as leads or 5* we all start little, and i will not support that snobbish arrgoant behaviour, i support all my allies, not like theme, that they onle want 7* 6* Members only.
Back to top Go down
Hajkster
☆☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeTue Mar 11, 2014 12:49 pm

Ceres wrote:
is bitter..i try now to save my p/te month bye month in getting more, to get my first 7*
Why?i wanna be a strong ally for others, and the events/quests will be more easy for me to make, with a  7* but i will not accept the peoples as allys who turned me down when i only had 4* as leads or 5* we all start little, and i will not support that snobbish arrgoant behaviour, i support all my allies, not like theme, that they onle want 7* 6* Members only.

I can understand how you feel. But if you look at this from the perspective of the other people the leaders of those allies can make or break ones own team.

Such as in Colosseum events where you get 2 random ally leaders to assist you, or training events where you need as many high damage allies as possible.

If you're competitive you CANT have allies with 5* or 4* cards as lead.
Back to top Go down
Wolframite

Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 7:46 am

Tentacle Love wrote:
You can guess why I want Madeleine.
She's a little out of reach for now. Hopefully I will strike it rich and become an infinityf***zillionaire soon, but until then I can only sigh and look wistfully out the window.

I just went to look at her card art... and it took me a little while to understand what was happening. It's related to your username right? I feel weird bringing this up, but I'm guessing you're happy about one of the upcoming 8★ cards, Otohime?
Back to top Go down
lucentSwallowtail
☆☆☆
lucentSwallowtail

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 11:17 am

That feeling of not being able to get the card you want at all... Because it's untradeable and was for inactive users/alts... (Cough*Bristol*cough)
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:00 pm

To be honest, I could care less about getting 7*s or whatever star. LOL

I'm a player who don't honestly care about value and rather collect cards which is hard considering how Fanta is becoming lately. xD

I do have a few cards that I can actually afford, but lately I find owning cards have a weird effect on people. LOL Like in Panel events, if you have an event unit lead you'll get a lot of people asking if they can buy it which leads to saying no...... >_>

The cards that I have on my list of wants varies since I really have no mindset:
Alt and Neon (been on my mind for some time as of late though I could just save up for a 7*)
Bear (a cute unit to have I guess)
Borage (the normal one, not the swimsuit one LOL I have a limit on unit designs)
Faust (one of the few male units in the game I want >_>)
Gluck (the most useful unit in the game really xD)
and a few other 6*s that I like plus some 4*s and 5*s I like.

The ones I really want is Fang and Archibald (the only male 7*s that I really like LOL) a bit costly for both of them, but I can try to save up for both of them. The number one 7* I love and no matter how much you say that unit is weak, I'll still love the unit: Freyja. :L She is still not cheap considering how she was reprinted. LOL

The ones I truly want and probably will never get for a long while is HenryU (one of the few male units that I like to own, but so hard to get since collectors are hiding somewhere. >_>), MaryU (a nice design for a 4*), Ethel 6* (the one 6* that I love with my heart, but will never be able to obtain LOL), and anything that sparks my little mind.

I have a weird obsession to collect old LE stuff and anything dark in design such as black clothing or dark magic though I don't mind angels or light magic either. Anything good-looking is automatic on my list. LOL
Back to top Go down
PangCY
☆☆
PangCY

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeWed Mar 12, 2014 9:41 pm

the card i want and not able to afford? Alondra

sometimes it wasnt about the price but rarity. she has little copies in pool and the owners seldom sell her Sad

other 3-6*? i had enough of them and happy with what i had Smile
Back to top Go down
Wolframite

Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:13 am

PangCY wrote:
the card i want and not able to afford? Alondra

sometimes it wasnt about the price but rarity. she has little copies in pool and the owners seldom sell her Sad

other 3-6*? i had enough of them and happy with what i had Smile

I know right? 6★ Black Dragon was before my time and I have never ever seen anyone sell, buy, or even have it in their defence!
Back to top Go down
broom

broom

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 8:25 am

^That's cause there is only one left.
Back to top Go down
jofacha

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeThu Mar 13, 2014 5:45 pm

im trying to get algeria but they all only want pure T.T
so hard to get pure...
Back to top Go down
Wolframite

Wolframite

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitimeFri Mar 14, 2014 5:25 am

broom wrote:
^That's cause there is only one left.

You're kidding me! Just ONE? Yep, definitely not going to get it then...
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...   That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want... I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

That feeling of not being able to afford that card you want...
Page 1 of 2Go to page : 1, 2  Next