Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?

Go down 
+3
rotarywhiz
EverCheYoung
xfalconhunterx
7 posters
AuthorMessage
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? Empty
PostSubject: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:07 pm

Reasons mostly unknown, but decision is possibly due to burnout (stated last event was rough) and desire to take the high road when faced with competition from long-time in-game friends.

Regardless of decision and reasons, several things to note:

* Spenders drive the game, but spenders will only spend for so long if the game isn't kept interesting. New events are great, but the obvious lack of player-favorite events like Colosseum, Battle Arena, and Training Events in favor of repeated gifting and panel events becomes monotonous. If the spenders aren't having any fun, why play?

* Words matter. Chastising players for their decision to invest money in a pay-to-win game is a sign of jealousy and ignorance. Point the finger home - if you're going to play and cannot, or will not spend money, don't ridicule others who decide otherwise. Accept your own decision and stop berating others for theirs.

* Identify, research, confirm, and publicly expose scammers. Get the facts, confirm the facts, and then make sure those facts are public. Don't make dumb choices and coach and foster new players to prevent the same. Intervene in clearly awful trade offers. Not bargain pricing, I mean obvious theft of value via lack of experience or deception. This was NOT a factor in Lu5tj4w's retirement, but this is a good time to review this.

Back to top Go down
EverCheYoung

EverCheYoung

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSat Feb 15, 2014 11:14 pm

It's gunna be sad not seeing LustJaw at number 1 anymore. :/
And it looks like the wiki might be wrong about Lust being in 1st for this event Very Happy
Back to top Go down
rotarywhiz
☆☆☆☆☆
rotarywhiz

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:46 am

well he had a good run, longer than any other players I have seen as long as I have been playing. Good luck to him.
Back to top Go down
KuroStar
☆☆☆☆☆☆
KuroStar

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 3:23 am

rotarywhiz wrote:
well he had a good run, longer than any other players I have seen as long as I have been playing. Good luck to him.

Now I want a giveaway XDDD
Back to top Go down
EverCheYoung

EverCheYoung

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 9:27 am

KuroStar wrote:
rotarywhiz wrote:

Lol, what do you think is going to hapen with all his cards? Is he going to give them away to his allies, auction them, or RMT them away?

EDIT: I guess he could also keep them if he wants to...
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:12 am

EverCheYoung wrote:
KuroStar wrote:
rotarywhiz wrote:

Lol, what do you think is going to hapen with all his cards? Is he going to give them away to his allies, auction them, or RMT them away?

EDIT: I guess he could also keep them if he wants to...

He has kept all of the cards he cares to keep. He auctions away the unwanted/unneeded units regularly. Anything he has left he's either keeping to use or has no intent on getting rid of.

Many retired players take their LE cards with them and keep them indefinitely. As with Black Dragon, this increases their value over time (at least in cases where there are less than 25 of those units in circulation.)
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 1:23 pm

Who is this person? pig
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 3:27 pm

Aniwo wrote:
Who is this person? pig

Check the wiki for the person who ranked #1 for most of the last events.

That person.
Back to top Go down
Aniwo
☆☆☆☆
Aniwo

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 3:50 pm

Hmm sarcasm failed (?), I guess  Razz 

But anyways, have all this people who talk about him etc, known him personally or something? I mean I see everybody talking about him and gossipping, I think it's not nice. Specially those who judge and don't know him. I didn't get the chance to cross words with Lust except seeing him on chat, but further personal reasons I think shouldn't be discussed by those who don't know him, in other words forum (and that's why I in a sarcastic way I asked who is him). So I dunno, just keep the gossip for their social circle. 

On a side note I liked your analysis about why spenders may be quitting.

pig
Back to top Go down
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeSun Feb 16, 2014 11:16 pm

Aniwo wrote:
Hmm sarcasm failed (?), I guess  Razz 

But anyways, have all this people who talk about him etc, known him personally or something? I mean I see everybody talking about him and gossipping, I think it's not nice. Specially those who judge and don't know him. I didn't get the chance to cross words with Lust except seeing him on chat, but further personal reasons I think shouldn't be discussed by those who don't know him, in other words forum (and that's why I in a sarcastic way I asked who is him). So I dunno, just keep the gossip for their social circle. 

On a side note I liked your analysis about why spenders may be quitting.

pig

I agree.

The crux is that a very high profile, high spending player has decided that he's done (at least for now.) Prior to that, there was lots of sniping at him because he was in the top slot regularly. Lots of nasty accusations of him being a Mobage employee or being a trustfund kiddie.

That kind of jealousy is just irritating. Truth talk: Fantasica is not a game that free players can advance in without LOTS AND LOTS of work. Loopholes are closed daily (MobaCoin offers, for example) and events are altered to create an incentive to spend. Those that pay DeNA's bills get the best stuff. Period. If this bothers you, this isn't your game. Additionally, no amount of spending will change the market. If the status quo doesn't care about how you traded your ass off to get 90TE to trade for MLB Monica 8 months ago, then you bitching about that lack of interest won't change the status quo. You're complaining into a hole.

All in all, the game and it's key players will continue to change over time. Complaining about either is a sign that you're playing the wrong game or playing for the wrong reasons.
Back to top Go down
LuziMiazawa
☆☆☆☆☆☆
LuziMiazawa

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 6:57 am

I just agree with Ani and Falcon. It's not nice to gossisp about him at all. I've seen a lot of players saying he's a really nice guy and yet, a lot of ppl are spreading bad stuff about him, are butthurt that he was so many times rank 1, but those never cared to know the person behind the name. They just looked at the amount of money he spent and that's it.
Back to top Go down
ladyramza
☆☆
ladyramza

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitimeMon Feb 17, 2014 8:25 pm

Here here! He will be missed. I always thought he was cute too based on his KIK pic. o3o
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?   Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Lu5tj4w goes into retirement...lessons?
Page 1 of 1