Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Need some advice on progression in this game

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
aznktv

aznktv

Need some advice on progression in this game Empty
PostSubject: Need some advice on progression in this game   Need some advice on progression in this game I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 10:32 pm

I started Fantasica about 3 weeks ago, and am now learning that progression in this game (as a free player) takes serious dedication! Like all the other newbies out there, I am struggling with making income (TE/Pot).

I was talking with a guid member who is also a free player, from the previous event, and she told me that there are no shortcuts to getting to where she (she owned at least 10 6* for the battle)

I guess the purpose of this post was to ask for tips, or for an honest opinion on this game as a free player. The advice I was given was:
"Get a team of 5*s, and max them. THEN worry about making TE/Pot for the 6* AFTER you have at least maxed five 5*s." Then she added: "Get good 5*s, not bad/mediocre ones."

Responses from any veteran, or more experienced players would be much appreciated.
Back to top Go down
Rcybs

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on progression in this game   Need some advice on progression in this game I_icon_minitimeSun Dec 01, 2013 11:35 pm

The best idea to do about getting Te/Pot is to trade wisely and get a fair amount of cards.

I've been paying as a semi-free player so I do spend from time to time, however; I traded a lot to get my first 6* and then some.

If you have lvl 40 4*s sell them at 1 Te each. Lvl 80 4*s are 2 Te each. Selling a set of fresh 4*s which is 5 4*s in one trade can net you a Te or Pot, but rarely. A set of lvl 10 3*s can sell for 1 Te or Pot as well, but like the fresh 4* set, it will be hard to do.

A great way to get a fair amount of Te/Pot off the bat is to gather as much gods as you can. Epona will not net you anything unless you sell them for luna. A set of Danu and a set of Tartu can get you 3 Te/Pot. A set of Anu will net you 4 Te/Pot considering that most of the faster units in the game are melee. Selling two gods which is 2 Danu or 2 Tartu or 2 Anu can get you 1 Te/Pot. Keep in mind that there are players out there that will buy gods at all different ranges of prices so keep a lookout.

Most 5*s are cheap to buy and fairly easy to trade or sell. Most of the time selling maxed or mlb 5*s can get you a fair amount of Te/Pot, however; not every player will buy 5*s. The thing that will make a 5* more valuable is the DC, Speed, if they have Arena skill and the rarity of it. Most commonly Series pack 5*s can sell for about 10~15 Te/Pot due to their bonuses being much higher than the Series 4*s. DC is what most players will probably be on the look out for alongside Speed. 10 or 15 or 20 DC 5*s is great for Arena or Battle events so Sarah or Rodolph will sell for a decent price. B speed or sometimes C speed is good if the 5* has it. If a 5* have a Arena skill, it can sell for a fair amount, but they can be a up and down factor. The rarity of the 5* can factor the price, but if it is common not so much and if it was reprinted for a limited time.

Keep in mind that there is no such thing as "good" 5*s just mainly 5*s that are overlooked or is a collector's item.

There are some fairly cheap 6*s that are worth just about 20~30 Te/Pot which is a fair price. Alexander 6* is the cheapest going at around 10 Te/Pot or even 5 Te/Pot due to his stats and poor performance. You can find FS or Fire Sale 6*s which is much cheaper by a bit, but can range in prices.

Arena 6*s such as Ami, Charles, Phil, Evang, Gluck, Ludm, and etc. can range from 90~300 Te/Pot due to their more useful factors. Best to go with either Petra or Paris for a starter 6* or any other 6* that is fair in price would do good.

Remember to always trade and trade. Look for sales or auctions that comes around.

Or if you want a more crazy and often upsetting way to earn a 6* is to do this: use a Premium Ticket or 4*+ ticket and hope for the best. xD
Back to top Go down
tofubean

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on progression in this game   Need some advice on progression in this game I_icon_minitimeMon Dec 02, 2013 5:54 pm

Hey i started out around the same time as you. I'm also learning the hard way about being a free player. Everything costs a lot. I can barely afford anything. Having trouble killing barbara. Luckily I have a grace and some 6* allies because of her. Without my higher leveled allies, i doubt i can even get much from the current event.

A little discouraged by how slow i'm progressing in game especially when i see people talking about te/pots in amounts of 100 and more... and I barely have 8 now.
Back to top Go down
aznktv

aznktv

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on progression in this game   Need some advice on progression in this game I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 7:58 am

tofubean wrote:
Hey i started out around the same time as you. I'm also learning the hard way about being a free player. Everything costs a lot. I can barely afford anything. Having trouble killing barbara. Luckily I have a grace and some 6* allies because of her. Without my higher leveled allies, i doubt i can even get much from the current event.

A little discouraged by how slow i'm progressing in game especially when i see people talking about te/pots in amounts of 100 and more... and I barely have 8 now.
I also have a Grace, but haven't leveled her yet, because I was leveling my first 5* (Bernard) - When I was a fresh newbie, I bought a Bernard for 3TE (because I think he's beautiful) but didn't know how pathetic his stats were.

Anyhow, I've been religiously making lv 40 4* feeders and managed to make around 5 TE/Pot total. I've also been selling all of my goddesses to the richer Fantasica players (who buys a set for 3 TE instead of 2). And just today, I sold my Spa Girl, Tamara, for 15 TE. (I really didn't want to, but i told myself that as time progress, her price will drop and I can buy her again for less). I guess because of today, I'm not a completely free player anymore - I decided that it's not too expensive to spend $1 for the 100moba starter pack whenever a new series come out. Fortunately I got Tamara Very Happy 

So as of right now, I have 20 TE and 7 Pots.

But because I've been working so hard at making income (TE), I feel like it took the fun out of the game :/
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on progression in this game   Need some advice on progression in this game I_icon_minitimeTue Dec 03, 2013 9:58 am

This game is very pay-to-win and will always make it so that you wish you were spending money, and if you are spending you will wish you were spending more. And someone else out there will always be spending more.  And even if you spend, then there is a HUGE amount of luck.  You might play this game free for months, or even be like me and play free for a few months and then pay a little here and there into a few events over a period of months but never get truly lucky, and then one day you will see a brand new player pull a 7* card from spending $20 or less.  Or you will have a kick-ass guild team and strategy and great cards and then will be beaten in your last chance for a 6* by a team that is simply spending more dollars than you period.  So, brace yourself.  

If you want to see how uneven the playing field is, look up bkWiz videos from the first guild war - he posted on youtube and there are links here somewhere.  He was trying to show us the "strategy" top teams emplyo but all you will see an entire team spending an hour doing nothing but spamming $ tonics as fast as they can. Period. (no offense to bk,  he contributes a LOT to this community and I like him, but it was just such a blatent example of the huge rift between big spenders and regular people that it is worth mentioning here)

If you are a free player there is no level playing field for you.  That said, you still might have fun, but just keep your expectations in check and don't expect to keep up with spenders in this game.

That said, you can amass wealth in the game over time.  I have enjoyed the game for almost a year anyway. I love the collection aspect, and sometimes the trading, and I had fun getting to 100, maxing all my ally point skills, building a defense, ranking for 5* for free when I started, ranking for a a nice 6* for free in one event - battle arena, they don't do those events anymore Sad and meeting some great people through allies, and eventually getting a nice 7* (at auction after nearly a year of amassed net worth)

Sounds like you are doing all the right things. My advice would be to just be aware of what the game is and isn't (it is not a level playing field, dollars will almost always trump strategy and time, and it is not casual-play friendly), focus on the aspects of the game you like and set your own personal goals, and quit or take a break when it ceases to be fun.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Need some advice on progression in this game   Need some advice on progression in this game I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Need some advice on progression in this game
Page 1 of 1