Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

No way to leave a guild?

Go down 
5 posters
AuthorMessage
Motoman

No way to leave a guild? Empty
PostSubject: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeSat Nov 23, 2013 10:22 am

Someone please explain to me why Fanta puts information in the event rules describing how rewards work if you change guilds during the event...but there is actually no way to leave a guild that I can see?

Evil or Very Mad 
Back to top Go down
Vaati
☆☆☆☆☆☆
Vaati

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 7:23 am

Because the only way you can leave a guild is during the guild preparation phase.

On the 2nd phase, the "Leave Guild" button is replaced by the "Battlefield"/"Report" buttons.

Therefore, chose wisely at the start next time Wink
Back to top Go down
Motoman

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:10 am

Then why do the rules state that if you change guilds during the event, you take your win/loss record with you, as opposed to adopting the win/loss record of the guild you join in-progress?

Under the "Rewards" section it tells you that:

"You will recieve a reward for every victory your guild earns while you are with that guild.

The count is tied to the player meaning that even if you change guilds, your count will NOT reset.

If you join a guild (or change guilds) during the event, your Victory Count may differ from your guild's Victory Count."

They're clearly describing a process for keeping score while players change guilds mid-event.

I get that they didn't implement that feature...but if so, why are they describing how it works in the rules? Because some people actually read the rules before an event starts, and expect the event to actually work that way.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:19 am

I think changing guilds was something they meant to implement, and didn't (it could easilly be exploited). So it got put in the rules. Unfortunately they have a bad habit of copying and pasting there own rules, and often leave things in there that no longer apply.
Back to top Go down
Motoman

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 9:40 am

How could it be exploited? Especially if you carried your own personal score along with you? You're not going to get credit for anything a different guild did when you weren't a member of it...

On the flipside, there needs to be a way to boot useless members from a guild too. If anyone's exploiting anything, it's deadbeat guild members who join up and never play, but get all the rewards sent to them that the guild earns anyway.
Back to top Go down
ggorrell77
☆☆☆
ggorrell77

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:47 am

Exploiting would be easy, assuming match making was done based on guild record (which it is right now). Have an alt create a guild and lose the first 4 or 5 matches. Meanwhile your main (and his partners), win some of their early matches. After 4 or 5 matches, you all switch guilds to the losing guild. Now you are matched up against teams that have not won a game. Rinse and repeat any time the fights start getting too hard for you.

Using that method it would be very easy for a group of 7 or 8 people to win 30 plus matches, while never fighting anyone with above a 0.500 record (well expect for a couple of teams on the first day).

I agree about being able to boot inactives. You have the same leechers anytime you have a team event.

Back to top Go down
Motoman

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 10:56 am

OK, I can see that. Then maybe they'd have to create a better IQ around how they match guilds for battle...like, average out a score based on the number of 4*/5*/6*/7* critters each guild member has. I wouldn't think it would be that hard to do...and then each guild matchup would be pretty even, taking into consideration the actual members of each guild as of some time period before each match starts (you'd have to close the guild change function within some time period before each match to let the calculation be valid).

Doing it by GP is already exploitable, really...when you get matched up with a weak opponent, only score as little as you need to to win. If you've got a whole guild full of 7*s and they get opponents where no one shows up, or 1 or 2 weak players show up, they can game that by simply not really playing themselves, artificially keeping their GP down to get easier opponents than they deserve in the future.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:17 pm

Moto -- It's not done by GP currently, it is done purely on win/loss record. GP has no factor in determining matchups. So every guild you have fought has your same record (or close to it, as eventually the top guilds start tiering down)
Back to top Go down
Motoman

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:23 pm

You sure about that? It sure seems like it goes by GP and not win/loss.

At any rate...if there was just a "leave guild" option someplace and not a "join guild" option someplace else, I'd just leave my current guild and not feel like I "should" be playing the event.
Back to top Go down
UkyoSonoda
☆☆☆☆☆
UkyoSonoda

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 1:39 pm

Minowara wrote:
Moto -- It's not done by GP currently, it is done purely on win/loss record.  GP has no factor in determining matchups.  So every guild you have fought has your same record (or close to it, as eventually the top guilds start tiering down)
Actually I think GP becomes a factor after brackets have been made from the W/L records at which point it almost seems as if the matching does the following. Say 100 guilds are in a win/loss bracket. What it seems like the matchmaker does is put the top vs the bottom. So the 1st rank of the bracket fights 100, 2 fights 99, 3 fights 98 etc... Which would in a way account for most matches feeling like either a no contest loss or a landslide victory. Only the people near the median of the bracket would likely pull an evenly matched opponent.

Now when you get to those top ranked guilds the brackets are so small they start pulling from lower brackets.
Back to top Go down
Minowara
☆☆☆

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitimeMon Nov 25, 2013 2:11 pm

This thread is considered by most to be 'simply how it works'.

http://www.fantasicaunofficial.com/t9160-guild-event-mechanics-match-up-portion-complete

GP has never been proven to have any effect on partnering. It truly does appear to be random.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: No way to leave a guild?   No way to leave a guild? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

No way to leave a guild?
Page 1 of 1