Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in
Check out the Drawing Contest going on in the Artwork Center! Deadline extended to April 20th! If you have submitted something, you may resubmit something else on the next deadline!

Blacklist?

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Rcybs

Blacklist? Empty
PostSubject: Blacklist?   Blacklist? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:22 pm

So I was wondering what was the whole deal with the Blacklist? I've heard of this term in the game from time to time with the word scammer written next to it anyways. Naturally I would avoid scammers or players who are believed to be scammers. I don't usually pay too much attention to what drama Fanta brings which is a lot by far considering what trading has brought to this game. :L

Anyways back to the business. So recently a player I thought I could trust blacklisted me which devastated me very much because I've been very nice to other players and playing fair with my wonderful allies that I have and still do. I almost quit after learning of this, but my allies and a kind stranger from the game brought me back in the game.

I guess being kind as its fair share of karma. :/

An ally of mine told me to blacklist that player back, but I don't really want to though I guess I could. Neutral
Back to top Go down
memphiskite
Battalion General [LEGENDARY]
memphiskite

Blacklist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacklist?   Blacklist? I_icon_minitimeTue Nov 12, 2013 10:34 pm

Instructions can be found 4 topics below this topic.

Otherwise, click this link >>> How to Block Troll's Tutorial
Back to top Go down
http://www.memphiskite.deviantart.com
xfalconhunterx
☆☆☆
xfalconhunterx

Blacklist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacklist?   Blacklist? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 12:50 pm

Rcybs wrote:
So I was wondering what was the whole deal with the Blacklist? I've heard of this term in the game from time to time with the word scammer written next to it anyways. Naturally I would avoid scammers or players who are believed to be scammers. I don't usually pay too much attention to what drama Fanta brings which is a lot by far considering what trading has brought to this game. :L

Anyways back to the business. So recently a player I thought I could trust blacklisted me which devastated me very much because I've been very nice to other players and playing fair with my wonderful allies that I have and still do. I almost quit after learning of this, but my allies and a kind stranger from the game brought me back in the game.

I guess being kind as its fair share of karma. :/

An ally of mine told me to blacklist that player back, but I don't really want to though I guess I could. Neutral
Lots of fish in the sea (players in the game.)

Sometimes you have absolute children and very-literally man-children playing this game who have serious people issues and issues with mature behavior.

Unwarranted "blacklisting" is the result of someone with a chip on their shoulder looking for a way to feel empowered. Warranted depends on what you did (or were thought to have done) that caused the "blacklist."

In my experience, the only people that are universally and widely blacklisted are people that repeatedly and intentionally scam. This comes in the form of trading anything without compensation. Loaning units, loaning items, "albuming," etc. Unless you borrowed something and didn't return it, or completed a trade for something that wasn't as advertised and refused to cancel or reverse the trade, blacklisting is unwarranted.
Back to top Go down
Tattycoram
☆☆☆☆

Blacklist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacklist?   Blacklist? I_icon_minitimeThu Nov 14, 2013 1:07 pm

By blacklist you mean block using the mobage blocking capability?  I wouldn't worry about one person blocking you. It's just a personal choice and as previous poster said, there are lots of fish in the sea. 

Who knows, maybe it was a misunderstanding between the two of you, or something they saw on someone's wall where they didn't have full context, or maybe it was even a mistake where they were trying to block someone with a similar name. Don't sweat it and I suggest that you start your own blocked list to make the game more enjoyable for yourself too. A good place to start is the old proven scammer thread in the trading section Smile

I block pretty liberally myself. Anyone who is a proven scammer, and anyone who is rude to me or who I see being very rude (unwarranted) to others. When I was a newer player I also blocked people who tried to take advantage of me - I don't mean run of the mill everyday lowballers but those who purposefully would lie about rarity/value of a card or try to convince me a deal was in my favor when it REALLY wasn't and they knew it.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Blacklist? Empty
PostSubject: Re: Blacklist?   Blacklist? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Blacklist?
Page 1 of 1